>"they only cast Asian men as nerds!"

>MEANWHILE IN THE 90s

Attached: liu.jpg (1080x720, 193K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vNmicT91aUw
youtube.com/watch?v=99PxDwwA9Zw
youtube.com/watch?v=lVY8SbQGW-Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

GOT and MARVEL good. mortal kombat movie bad bcuz effects.

>"Black Panther is the FIRST black superhero!"

>MEANWHILE IN THE 90s

Attached: blade-wesley-snipes.jpg (1494x889, 502K)

That was before MMA became mainstream and exposed how ineffective kung fu actually was compared to wrestling/boxing

No little chinese guy can beat up twenty guys at once

Racism was over until Obama invented it

No one can

Why are manlets so obsessed with UFC?

This, but unironically

Too bad they never made a proper remake of Game of Death with him.

It really kind of was though. Except it wasn't Obama, he's pretty left-center and reasonable. I like him actually.

It's like social media leftism needs to make there an issue where there isn't one. White kids were perfectly fine to see a cool black or asian character or hero. And there were a lot of really alpha / cool / leading man asian action dudes in the 90s, who got the girl etc. The whole narrative that that never happens is just made up.

>Asian immigrants are karate teachers
>Asian immigrants are MIT dorks
What's so hard to comprehend?

youtube.com/watch?v=vNmicT91aUw

He looks amazing for his age.

This dude really had that 90s action video / arcade game aesthetic. So awesome. Like a Tekken or Double Dragon character.

Attached: mortal-kombat-movie-characters.jpg (600x300, 92K)

Such a great movie. They really don't make them like this anymore

Attached: 1525388794348.png (380x349, 70K)

That 90s edgecore thing is having a moment on tumblr and in art ho aesthetics though and movie studios notice, so get ready to see a bit of this vibe soon.

It's why they just did that Venom movie, and are planning to do Sonic and a new Mortal Kombat movie. I think I heard about a Spawn project too.

>honkeys and chinks spend all day shitposting about each other
>MEANWHILE IN THE 90s

Attached: MV5BYjYzOTUyNTAtZDZmNy00YjkxLWJiOTUtOTE3NGNiYzViZmNkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTIzOTk5ODM@._V1_.jpg (1200x792, 253K)

Society was on the upswing until the Internet.

People have no respect for asian action heroes

Attached: bruce-lee-wallpaper-bruce-lee-.jpg (840x1008, 197K)

It felt like racism was completely out the door. Blacks and whites kind of having their own worlds and cultures still but also able to hang and be in movies together and it was really chill and felt right; The Matrix etc.

Lesnar could kill your entire fucking family and STILL have enough energy to become WWF champion

this
MMA got big and exposed Chinese """""""""""""""martial arts"""""""""""""""" as a huge meme
5 foot 7 asian guys never recovered

Basically but not because of Obama

A unified lower class is just too problematic for (((the elite))). The growing resent during the recession caused the new progressive wave.

Jew hollywood didn't even want to cast bruce lee as cato. He was so spectacular in the show the main character the green hornet just looked stupid next to him.

Attached: 325b7fb6d89353a6268854d802293c02.jpg (767x1000, 88K)

>muh realism
Yawn

Martial Arts is aesthetic though, it'll have a comeback in new ways. American fighting is just brute and hulkish.

That’s the point, if we all like each other we can actually stop being pawns for the corporate oligarchy

There was nothing reasonable about him stirring the pot with comments like "He could have been my son!" Obama may not have created the new racial divide but he certainly didn't help either

The irony is that the black, white, and hispanic working class are all quite conservative, religious, and traditionally normative. Same with middle class asians: they're probably the most conservative of all.

I'm loosely left-liberal in some ways but I don't have some hate boner for the fact that working class people and breeders need a basic stable cultural framework.

da comerade, the proletariat will be victorious against the capitalist pigs

Liu Kang was literally the leading man in this movie, even portrayed the coolest rather than comic relief. And he ended up defeating the villain and getting (one of) the hot girls. And nobody batted an eye.

Jewish post

A hot head who ran away from his responsibilities, causing his brother to die and be looked down upon by his community is a relatable story.

The fact that he was also funny, likable contrasted against johnny is what made him great.

sure thing pinko

>unironically liking groundhug
fuck off retard

>this fucking furious at boxing and freestyle wrestling
wew

Shame the actor kinda fell into obscurity

An asian guy could never be a leading man, he's too feminine.

Attached: the-replacement-killers-53f50168a8611.jpg (1000x562, 573K)

Jiu Jutsu is the core of almost all MMA styles...

fucking loved that movie
>wanna get out gotta get out gotta

Which is jap not chink

>fucking loved that movie
>>wanna get out gotta get out gotta

The club scene with the bullet put on the table, I was hooked from that point on.

honestly the whole fucking movie was dope, I need to see it again

Yeah, Jet Li etc. There were a lot of these guys. It's like we have cultural amnesia about it all.

Or all the 80s action movies with cool white and black guys hanging out together and being bros. Like it never happened!

How do I get that body, Yea Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=99PxDwwA9Zw

>you're just racist and mad there's a black hero
>favorite superhero movie when I was a kid was Hancock
Welp.

He might not have created it but he legitimized it.

I don't think Obama fed all that so much. But I think that a lot of academic leftist types took his victory as this blanket indicator that they had won on every level and that the gates had been opened for every one of their pet interests. Obama himself has recently even argued against the kinds of rabid outrage and call-outs that happen in the left, he was always more centrist and diplomatic, but I'm sure they won't listen to him.

>How do I get that body, Yea Forums?

Through dedication to the mastery of the art of MORTAL KOMBAT.

Attached: mortal-kombat-lord-rayden.jpg (853x350, 15K)

No little chinese man can shoot magic ice out of his hands.

>He was so spectacular in the show the main character the green hornet just looked stupid next to him.
pic related

Attached: bruce-lee-green-hornet.jpg (182x268, 13K)

>it's time capeshit had some biracial superheroes

>MEANWHILE IN THE 90s

Attached: the-crow-movie-poster.jpg (500x709, 37K)

Lethal Weapon was absolute kino.

>hancock
>when I was a kid
get off this board, child

The 90's did everything that the SJW era is so desperately trying to do, but better. It's like night and day if you compare the two.

Attached: 208.gif (259x373, 34K)

Its just proof that Hollywood is racist but the paying viewing audience isn't. They love everything as long as its entertaining. Hollywood has been a horrible gatekeeper for entertainment. I wished the government had broken them up long ago.

It was better because it wasn't so forced. It just sort of naturally played out.

Attached: better times.gif (220x143, 179K)

Well they merely used actors and actresses from different backgrounds, without announing itself or having an air about it that suggests that it's TEACHING you, the ignorant viewer, a lesson your racist ass so desperately needs.

>No little chinese man can shoot magic ice out of his hands.

Just wait until we go to war with China, just you wait.

Yeah, like how could you not find this scene heartwarming:

youtube.com/watch?v=lVY8SbQGW-Y

But it's just good vibes and hanging out and being friends. It's not condemning anyone or belittling the viewer. It's bringing everyone onboard and making everyone feel good. How is this so hard?

I mean, that's the 80s, but already in the 80s a lot of things were getting really chill.

Note that their masculine roles didn't change anything about Asian's status in society. Because media portrayals don't matter. Biology matters.

>tfw haven't watched this flick in ages and suddenly have a strong urge to

Attached: bulletproof.jpg (500x735, 74K)

I want those times back, man. The whole tension going on right now is obnoxious as fuck.

Attached: 1548538681405.png (740x682, 114K)

They did, used to be Hollywood studios owned the cinemas and Joseph McCarthy did a number on them as well

he's pretty

>favorite superhero movie when I was a kid was Hancock

I am so fucking old.

That's a good-ass movie.

Blacks realized racism was over when he was elected. They also realized their whole culture is dead if racism is dead, so they doubled-down.

don't buy into it man, those times never ended

Not if you're going to uni.

Attached: affleck.png (338x372, 372K)

Blade and Spawn are both anti-heroes. Black Panther was the first black superhero but not the first black capeshit.

Early MMA came out of Japan retard

Attached: 1542948932596.gif (300x577, 72K)

How the fuck did you guys forget about Meteor Man?

Attached: 1557376691967.jpg (1080x1080, 150K)

I'm sure there have been dozens of non mainstream black superhero movies that nobody remembers or cares about. Hancock is the closest to mainstream but nobody can argue that it is anywhere near the league of Marvel or DC.

You're forgetting that shaq played Steele I think it was

Is Blackula considered capeshit? I mean the man did wear a cape.

that chad even fucked that qt chink

Attached: iu[1].jpg (580x872, 128K)