Ian McElhinney says BOOK 6 AND 7 ARE FINISHE; BUT GRRM CANNOT REVEAL YET

He says George signed an agreement with D&D that he can't release them before the show finishes

youtu.be/FeftoI3c81c?t=1879

Timestamp is 31:40 btw.

Attached: imgID9445989.jpg.gallery.jpg (650x365, 31K)

Timestamp didn't show in embed wtf.

It's 31:40.

BARRISTAN THE BASED

Given how Yea Forums is /got/ anyway, its relevant.

True if big

He doesn't know shit and he has a bad relationship with D&D

Genre fiction is not literature. Its called Yea Forums, not /books/.

No surprise.

I don't know if it's obvious to anyone, but to me it was. GRRM delayed the 6th and 7th book because he didn't to release the 6th till he had the ending. What if he needed to change things in the 6th while writing the 7th? So he is writing them back to back and if he were indeed sitting on 2 completed books, that makes sense.

Films are not television. Its called Yea Forums not /movies/.

actually genre fiction makes up 90 percent of "canon" literature

He was a big book fan which is why he has a bad relationship with D&D. He completely objected to his death and appealed it many times.

So it gives me hope that he's closer to George and is revealing this info as a fuck you to D&D

Seven Gods, you are making your brain pay the iron price.

Attached: an.jpg (334x359, 13K)

actually it's called Television & Film, you're confusing the url abbreviation with its actual name

If this is true, it's fucking mental that it's managed to be hidden from the public.

>he can't release the books like normal because instead of having a giant outline for the story he just makes shit up as he goes along and needs to be able to retroactively change shit in earlier to books to justify what his mood made him write in the later book
I can actually believe this.

Someone who browses Yea Forums is being a pretentious piece of shit about it?

Color me shocked.

Big if big

Attached: 1552434550654.gif (517x328, 1.69M)

Noy buying this for a second.

Its called tv and films. Tho I agree films are not movies.

In academic circles genre fiction will never be considered actual literature. This fattass, tolkien or the harry potter hag will never ever write literature. Forever condemned to be sold in the same shitty supermarket stand as Stephen King and Anne Rice, the kings of the supermarket literature

huge if real

GRRM realised how gay the "jon snow is a secret targaryen" shit was and rewrote them so he's Ned's bastard

The release date for the series finale has been known for 5 months. We knew for over a year that season 8 would air in 2019. GRRM continues his bullshit about Winds of Winter not being released in 2019. Ian is lying.

He's actually been very consistent as far as most authors go about it with such large stories. Too many ends to tie up.

He's not JK Rowling.

Attached: 1555955533621.jpg (888x488, 55K)

fuuuuuuuuuuucccckkkk holy shit

THANK YOU GEORGE

With how completely retarded Kat was in the course of the series, it's definitely understandable that Ned would want to go spend time with another woman.

I was thinking more like avengers 3 and 4. You have all this work before and all these ideas for moments and story. Rather than do the 3rd, release it and then cram any last minute ideas into the 4th, you approach both at once. So you get to the end scene of the 4th and realize....you never have Banner and Stark interact in part 3, so you go back and put that moment into part 3.

Yea Forums is not r*ddit

HE'S A SLOW, UNMOTIVATED WRITER

THERE'S NO SECRET PLOT

Probably not. I do think he could've got the book out within 5 years but yeah like you guys said it would just steal hype from the show, not to mention hat he probably wouldn't mind a lax schedule for him to do things he actually enjoys.. But to say that he finished the two books you have to remember that he's pretty slow and the books are a collection of clusterfucks.

He will probably hint at a book release date few months after the show ends and will probably shill for the new HBO projects with and within TWOW. It's really hard to say anything about the last book.

Attached: 1555955533622.jpg (888x486, 55K)

GO SUCK YOUR MUM

God do I hate you pseuds.
You would literally eat shit and ask for seconds as long as someone else stamped it 'high literature'

Attached: 1555955533624.jpg (878x486, 54K)

I could see it, but I also think its hard finding ends to all the story arcs. Stoneheart can go nowhere good, its was a dumb thing to do. Getting people to where they need to be in 2 books seems like it would be difficult too.

>Thinking he would make up something false
if he just makes things up and causes a backlash it would hhurt his future career

do you really think that it's more likely that he would be lying than him having genuine insider knowledge ?

>getting cucked by a tv channel
lmao

>sum1 dat reeds dem buks has bad think!

But for real if this guy is just casually stating it as fact in Russganistan or wherever, why is this not common knowledge and being discussed?

he's not going back on it.that would be retarded. it's 99% confirmed in the books
it would be artificial to go back on it now

>Yea Forums

Attached: 1523352567011.png (1296x1458, 217K)

boy you sure discredited him

Lord of The Rings and Dune (both genre fiction) are classified as classics in the library system.

Or Back to the Future 2&3 or the Matrix 2&3. Would you people shut up about the fucking Avengers already? Sorry to be rude but god damn.

Based showanon

No it wouldn't. There's nothing concrete in the books about Jon's parentage, Reed hasn't even appeared yet

he's saying it now because he hates d&d, and now it's popular enough to shit on them that people won't get mad at him for it

GRRM has spoken of the publication on Winds of Winter and how it could be published and when. It's done, it's out of his hands at this point.

It's BS. If this was true he'd have been hounded by law guys to retract the statement and to say he was mistaken.

He's become the real Barristan, I'm proud of him

i feel i did a fair job

What? When?

Oh shit.

Attached: 1553312721193.gif (413x233, 2.62M)

Yes, classic genre fiction literature.

Real books dont have orcs parading as niggers. They just call them niggers.

the fucking mad man confirmed it

Don't bring Tolkien into this you utter fucking mong.

Absolute fucking mad man. He must be going senile.

fuck Tolkien

that's not true. He's been fired from the show for 2 years . he wouldn't have been under NDA not to say anything.
Only the person he heard it from might be.

There's no reason for them to not be finished. Aren't some sample TWOW chapters already out?

why would this guy be in the know? he's been off the show for years and has a known problem with the showrunners and is a known lover of the original source material and is known for being dissatisfied with the show for splitting from said source material. and somehow we're supposed to believe that he just "heard" that this was happening?

Based Mcelhinney, possibly one of if not the first actors who began speaking out at the bullshit dabid were pulling

Attached: barristan the badass.jpg (650x2593, 284K)

I was on the sidelines reading the conversation you all right, lad. Not super impressive but not bad either.

I can't see why he would lie.
Winds already had a large chunk written when ADWD was released. And he probably has had a huge chunk of the ending finished for a while.

bullshit

yep, but they've been out for at least like 4 years and then dried up with very few new updates.

at least last I checked. I stopped checking because I got disheartened.

he's more likely to be in contact than grrm or someone involved than nearly anyone else.

why would he make shit up that could easily be refuted?

I'm fairly sure TWOW is done and he's well onto the next book. Gonna start rereading the first five to prepare for a kino ending

Tolkien is still genre fiction. Some of the finest, yes. But at the end of the day its timid escapism without literary merit.

Read actual books. Watch actual films. Its not too late for this shithole.

This isn't true. There is literally no reason why george would ever sign something like that over his own fucking franchise. Unless they paid him an obscene amount of money.

Based Barristan revealing the treacherous, scheming nature of Dumb and Dumber

you can't blame him, pretty easy to look pretentious on this shithole

a film is just a thin layer you prtentious retard

did you really delete and rewrite a post for one typo?

Considering it's GRRM's own fucking franchise D&D had 0 leverage forcing GRRM into signing something so retarded. It's possible they paid him to delay his releases but I have no idea why the fuck you'd want to waste money doing that OR why GRRM would except. No amount of money D&D could give him would come close to equalling the money he'd make from just selling the books.

Attached: joeffrey.jpg (591x449, 55K)

he was in the show until season 5... this isn't some random extra. he had a significant role. i wouldn't be surprised if everyone very involved in the show knows this but they won't say anything because it's horrible PR for hbo and d&d and don't want to throw their careers out the window.

a decent long night can solve most plotlines

Yes

>Don't bring Tolkien into this you utter fucking mong.
tolkien is the biggest hack to ever exist. I dare you to read one of his books.

because grrm is a greedy bastard and can make more money by not letting book and show releases overlap

i'm farting and squealing

it's all just money. grrm ultimately gets the last laugh if this is true. i mean think about it. he knew they were going to fuck everything up, so he took some hush money to hold off on releasing the books until the show was finished, everyone would hate their ending, and he would release the final two books to shit all over them.

Darkstar a shit. Draco Baratheon is best broodyboi

Attached: DracoBaratheon.png (718x648, 56K)

the old man probably heard about prequel / lore books and mistaken them for the final 2

no, ian's a fan of the books, he's not a retard

Unironically what would you recommend?

the show would generate more hype while venturing beyond the books

Unironically what would you recommend?

the 2 things are mutually exclusive

that was pretty funny sataAAAAAAAAAHHH GREYWORM SAVE ME

HBO is the one with the money you retard. Of course it makes sense HBO would buy George out. No matter how much money, it'll be cheaper for HBO to buy him out, make boatloads off the biggest show in history and then let George sell his books.

If the books came out first, the show is gonna suffer miserably.

kek, trips confirm

Attached: 1538690629868.jpg (218x265, 21K)

this, also lets not forget they killed Barristan Selmy in the show and it seems obvious now, that he lives much longer

.idk if you know what mutually exclusive means kek

Not sure if it works life that. Only real fans will buy the books and those will watch the show anyway just for duty. Casual show watchers wouldn't get the books anyway.

>In academic circles
...a bunch of faggots think they are the sole deciders of what is good and what isn't.

nobody's going to care or even remember by august

The books will still sell like crazy even if he delays it 5 more years, BUT it will sell a thousand times better after the show has ended and many fans are left with a bitter taste in their mouth. People will want a better ending.

The amount of hate that show watchers are giving season 8 says otherwise. They're ready for an actual ending which only the books can give since dumb and dumber can barely get out of bed without help

I fucking called it, GRRMS is gonna be released of the show's bullshittery to release the last two books, meanwhile leave some mystery open in order for the prequel shows to benefit from them
is a master ruse where everyone wins money.

Finally, the GRRM redemtion arc is commencing. I've never doubted you and I certainly didn't call you a fat lazy fuck 100 of times.

>renly having children at all

The books WILL NOT sell like crazy if both 6&7 come out after 5 years.

if 6 comes out now and 7 in 5 years then maybe.

Best bet is to release SOMETHING within a few months of the show's finale if he's a smart man

the show got a shitload of people to buy and read the books. those people are going to most likely still read the next two books. only D&D care about the casual jackasses that watch the show and can't even remember dany's name isn't fucking khaleesi

"but fuck reading, i don't want to read. fuck it, I'll give it a shot.
Oh my god cersei and dany are so fucking weak and stupid, unlike the show! these books are sexist!"

Maybe they will be those guys that buy a book and then read the resume on wiki. Wouldn't read a few thousands pages for a show that i didn't like.

Yea Forums has a fantasy/sci-fi general

Based Selmy.

BARRISTAN THE BRAVE
CUT WITH KITCHEN KNIFES

Depends what languages do you speak.

Regarding films, you dont have to go to super deep boring obscure shit, Sergio Leone films are practically what if capeshit were actual films and it would be a good starting point to expand your film understanding assuming you come from modern blockbuster shit. Try watching older movies. They can seem anachronic but once you get used to the style you will realize there is an infinite amount of good movies you never watched that are enyojable and also GOOD. It doesnt have to be "boring" good like Tarkovsky. Tho you could also watch his films

Do you not understand the concept of a non disclosure agreement? It's probably pending the finale itself you dumb retard

based retard

Yes, sure. But if he releases 6th and says 7th is almost finished, it will give even more impulse to the sales.

GOT is big enough that it will still be big in 5 years. It will still be probably the best selling scifi and fantasy book of the month it's released and pretty high on the general best sellers rankings for the month its released no matter wheher it's released 1 months after the show finishes or 5 years.

But it will sell more shortly after the show.

I mean, I always thought that was maybe the idea?
More so if he is gonna make some changes or divert direction, people would be MORE interested in knowing how the books went AFTER the show ends.

This show's dialogue has declined so sharply that it is inconceivable.

>FANTASY BROOO!!!

Attached: 1528927124067.png (497x519, 395K)

remember when we were being labelled as retards for saying grrm and hbo did exactly this? HAHAHA

>He's not JK Rowling.

yeah, she actually finished books 6 and 7.

>because grrm is a greedy bastard
doesnt seem like it desu

Doesn't this mean the show could have been somewhat salvaged if the deal didn't exist? The whole major decline didn't start until they ran out of source material. Why would they do something this stup-
>D&D
Oh right.

If you're going to pretend to have relevant expertise, the least you could do is learn the word "anachronistic".

Also, any deal that was struck it would be between HBO and GRRM's publishers, not GRRM himself. He's not very aggressive and probably too naive to work things to his favor. Remember he failed in the TV biz before he wrote meme of thrones.

So basically it's just a bunch of jews figuring out the best way to squeeze this IP to the maximum, not some secret conspiracy in favor of any specific party.

>No Jaime Barristan reunion

Attached: 7D37CE60-A9E8-4BAC-A540-EBF820FB8028.png (410x336, 325K)

S3 and 4 were utter trash

>And as far as George is concerned there are only 7 books

This was the legalese vague speak version of saying GRRM disavows the show.

absolutely based.

Attached: tumblr_ne6qd9jLJ61qjvigio3_500.jpg (500x667, 126K)

kys

They had stupid scenes, but they weren't trash. I think the show could have ended as a 5-6/10 if they had all the books.

>The whole major decline didn't start until they ran out of source material.
no, the major decline started when they had to adapt affc and adwd. they changed basically everything in those books because it would have been nearly impossible to turn those books into a tv show. what they did with the material sucked ass but anyone who says affc and adwd could have been properly done on tv is a total retard, those books are not filmable.

>His future career
Not only did his character die 3 years ago and he's had no major roles since then, he's 104 years old, what future career is he aiming for

>If the books came out first, the show is gonna suffer miserably.
i don't understand how the show would suffer if the books came out first. someone e'splain.

Spoil what isn't filmable for me.

i figured this was the case for years.

why is he speaking for grrm

SUNSET

A career in shitposting on Yea Forums. He's off to a good start already.

that's perfectly filmable, d&d just hate kino

haha imagine if they filmed that scene, just zooming in on Clarke's face while she grunts and groans and strains, while wet farting and squirting noises play over it haha wouldnt that be funny

yeah, plus, shitty d-tier actors aren't privy to that kind of information.

they would be filmable if HBO was still making good TV instead of competing with TWD and BB and capeshit.

Kek, pseudshit roasted

Apologize Yea Forums

I can already imagine her eyebrows

Part of the reason for this is that genre fiction often gets bogged down in world building, which is more suited to autism than to incisive observations into the human mind.

*thinks about it*

it's just too much to even try and get into. there is a lot of nothing going on in those books, that's the main thing. both books are supposed to be taking place at the same time, he split the characters up. that's the main problem. a lot of the 'main' characters aren't even in affc. it would have been a complete fucking mess any way they did it.
asos took 2 seasons to cover, so i'm assuming affc and adwd will take 2 seasons each. if they did it exactly like the books then they would have to drop multiple storylines for 2 seasons - jon, dany, tyrion, and davos. all dropped. do you see that working at all? absolutely not. if they did everything all at once it would take like 4 seasons to cover both affc and adwd and that's even more ridiculous. it would be unbelievably draggy.

He won't rewrite that, he will rewrite the Jon resurrection and kill him for good.

BOOK GOOD
SHOW SHIT

So, imagine if he finished Winds in late 2015, as originally planned. D&D are already filming season 6, they've already decided not to use Aegon Targaryen in lieu of keeping Cersei around. GRRM has introduced some major twist that D&D couldn't use, because they've already killed the involved characters. So, they read TWOW just before season 6 is about to premiere, and fear that it's going to put their version of season 6 to shame, and then they have to finish the story while the fans know it's the inferior product.
So, they slip GRRM a little more money to put it on ice for a few years. Finish Fire and Blood, or maybe even ADOS, let them tell their story without the distraction of being constantly compared to the book version.
Personally, I do not buy into the conspiracy theory (I find it more likely the book just needed work), but it would explain why the book went from "publishing imminent" to "four more years".

Part of the problem with filming AFFC and especially ADWD is that the show tries to have every episode touch on ever character. Presumably this is so the audience can keep up and not lose track of characters but you really can't do that with AFFC and ADWD.
There's so many characters getting plotlines and some of the plotlines are pretty thin so you'd have to change things anyways to justify those characters getting a scene in every episode.

I heard this a while back from a thread on a forum.

Rumour is he finished Book 6 more than 3 years ago and finished Book 7 early last year. HBO particularly D&D didn't want him to release it and signed a deal because it would show how much they deviated from the original vision. Very interesting to see Ian say this aswell and his claim about "if all goes well we could see Book 6 released in the next few months"

I hope these rumours are true and it'd make up for the shitshow that is Season 8.

Attached: GRRM brain.jpg (500x685, 100K)

it would have been a fucking disaster. those books are basically mostly just set up for the final 2 books. people can complain all they want about what D&D did to the books, because it was total shit, but affc and adwd cannot be turned into a tv show. it's just not possible.

Unreliable news sources, clickbait, and unsubstantiated hype will be subject to removal.

shut the fuck up

Unless GRRM gets full creative licence on the spin off/prequel series that are being planned.
He'd do it then, a series made in the way he wanted not the way D&D wanted.

Waiting has just increased the hype for the next books. And just think how DD must've felt if they got an early draft of WoW and it compeltly outshined what they had planned, but couldn't adapt it properly since they've changed too much already at that point. Cry to the network that if the books release nobody will watch their shit anymore since it's outclassed by miles, and HBO throws a few more millions into GRRM direction which, consiudering the success of the showe, shouldn't be too much a concern to them.

kys

Who can stop this madlad?

I hated that the show skipped Stoneheart at first, but it just proved how useless her character was.

What are GRRM's confirmed fetishes?
So far we've got redheads and fat brown nipples.

i hated it at the time but im glad they dropped it. it's just a really stupid plot.

Considering how bbadly the show went after S3/Storm of Swords you could argue that word of mouth could cause viewrs to stop watching it for not getting the "real" story who is on a consistant quality level and not like a sinking stone as the show.

So what's the supposed explanation for GRRM lying about the delays and basically receiving a lot of hate for no reason?

the explanation is hbo gave him millions of dollars to shut him up and deal with it. this is the guy who sold his unfinished lifes work to hbo in the first place....

strong independent women, unironically. if you read the Armageddon Rag the main character is a self-insert of GRRM, a baby boomer pacifist writer. he describes his perfect woman as that.

Money obviously. If it's true that is.

GRRM was just pretending to be retarded, that's all

>people STILL believe he will finish asoiaf
OH NONONOO OHH NOOOO

Attached: C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_1553207295751.gif (240x240, 2.37M)

Attached: aunt diane.png (920x704, 909K)

Its an actual dead end plotline even in the books, nothing will happen with it and if something does its likely to be dumb. Like sacrificing herself to revive Jon Snow

Why couldn't he say just that then, instead of lying about it? Or just refuse to comment? Doesn't make much sense.

Samwell is a self insert and he likes a weepy emotional baseborn incest girl.

Arya is gonna steal her face to sneak up on NK

Attached: grrm visits the summer isles.jpg (1600x1379, 264K)

sam isn't as much of a blatant self-insert as his protag from armageddon rag is.

because it would make everyone involved look awful. grrm would be viewed as an even bigger sellout than we already know he is, and hbo would seem like assholes for screwing book fans out of the books.

I don't even remember what happened in the last book, were did he stop?

>Like sacrificing herself to revive Jon Snow
The books don't feature time travel like the show, user. Stoneheart is nowhere near the wall, where Jon is currently a dead man that warged into a direwolf.
Also the last time we heard from Stoneheart in the books, she was using Brienne to lure Jaime into a trap, so who knows what'll happen next.

Well I guess might as well keep it in the family

Based

Winter was just starting, Varys shot a fool, Dany was shitting fat logs and Jon was fucking dead.
But most importantly, Stannis the Mannis was still alive and kicking.

im pretty sure they're setting up some red wedding v2.0 and they're going to massacre the freys, but even that is pretty fucking stupid.

Maybe the majority of the English canon is genre fiction that gained the tag of literature later when people decided it was good.

Holy shit I just noticed Dabid and Deebie are in the background of this picture

SAVE ME GREY WORM

What? Ultimately all that would be revealed anyway if that theory is true. And I really doubt that GRRM would voluntarily lie about it rather than tell the truth or just refuse to comment.

And the TWoW preview shows that Stannis is even more based than the previous books have shown.

its bad publicity for everyone involved you fuck.

>Renly was born in 277 AC
>Ashara died/disappeared in 283 AC
even more based than Tommen and Margaery

euron was raiding near old town. vic took most of the iron fleet and he's headed to meereen with a dragonbinder. arya lost her sight. sansa is leaving the eyrie. jon's dead, wun wun is getting attacked. there are dead things in the water near east watch. stannis is stuck in a snow storm with theon, asha, fake arya. davos is in white harbor and he was told to go to skagos because rickon is there. bran is in the three eyed crow cave learning to fly crows and seeing weirwood visions of the past. jaime is being lured to lady stoneheart by brienne. cersei burned down the tower of the hand and is going crazy. loras got hurt trying to take back dragonstone. dany is shitting in a field. tyrion is still a slave.

it's a deal between hbo and the publisher
hbo is trying to go for more shows for cheaper anyway, and trying the netflix thing

It's not bad publicity if in 2019 they reveal that the books have been finished all along? It's literally the exact same thing except now they've been lying as well.

do you have brain damage? they would never reveal this is what they did, the guy playing barristan just said fuck it and said this.

Arya got her sight back though and Tyrion's not a slave anymore because he signed up with the Second Sons

Doesn't Tyrion also have new friends, one of which is a dwarf girl? I forgot about this stuff.

Don't believe denialfags. There is no reason to delay the books considering the show and books existed at the same time for seasons 1 through 5 and there were no problems and the show had no problems getting an audience or building up hype. The fat man is just lazy,, uncreative and doesn't know how to finish the books or write how each of the characters meet up to get to the ending he told D&D but that's all his fault for turning what he envisioned to be a trilogy into what he now plans to be a seven book series.

If anything the show would build up a lot of hype for the books if they came out around the same time since tv is big and wide reaching to the normie audience. Tons of people even started reading the books because of the show, with the show ending and the shit ending we'll be getting according to the leaks, normies will drop the series and books in droves and never touch them again, he'd be doing himself a disservice that the publisher wouldn't like

thats one of the few things i remember about tyrions plot in adwd. that dwarf girl falls in love with him and she runs at him, knocks him over, and makes out with him. it was hilarious

How are people expected to believe that GRRM finished a whole book in less than a year when it took a decade to finish the previous one?

>davos was told to go to skagos because rickon is there
inb4 it's a big ruse and Davos gets eaten alive.

He's with Penny the dwarf girl and Jorah, who still wants to give him to Dany when he gets the chance.

is this the coldsteel of got?

the last book was released in 2011, what are you talking about

You realize there are two unreleased books, right?
Ian talks about "books 6 and 7" in the video.

who's saying he'll release them that quickly?

Lies. He will never finish the books.
fucking based

>SSSIIIPP

Attached: we.png (585x210, 39K)

So he intentionally delays the release of the books by decades, then lies about it to everyone instead of just staying quiet? And the assumption is that this mysterious contract never sees the light of day where GRRM would be outed as a greedy liar? Sounds a bit far-fetched.

>unless they paid him an obscene amount of money
my sweet summer child

Who /YoungGriff/ here?

Fuck Jon Snoo

Attached: d7a0rif-b96ae4ae-ff77-4446-b1c8-9c4f98d8ce63.jpg (900x600, 443K)

>Griff
Griffith?

>supporting an imposter claimant

has the been proven? Isnt he still valaryian?

Now ? only a heart attack can

I mean he legit just said this. There’s no possible misinterpretation. He flat out said that this is what he’s been told. It could be that he was lied to, but he’s in a far better position than most people to actually hear this kind of news. I actually had a hunch this was the case because how the fuck could this fat fuck spend time on spinoffs and short stories and lore books when he hasn’t even finished the actual story yet? That would fuck his legacy if he never finished it. This is very interesting.

This could be true, but I feel like a more likely explanation would be the one given. If GRRM released TWOW during the show run, it would only highlight how divergent the two stories are now and could create negative publicity for the show. If he waits, there’s only the show for people to get their fix. It’s a sound business plan.

I bet Fatman had fun writing the part when Varys, Connington, Strickland and Illyrio find out 16yo Dany is already barren right after they get Aegon and her married at the Sept.

>has the been proven?
Do you not watch the show?

>White hair

Yeah he's a Targeryan alright

What part of "A dragon is a dragon" don't you understand?

you've come across like a tremendous faggot

he's actually the son of Howland Reed and Lyanna Stark

If true (I have my doubts), HBO would have had to throw a lot of money at GRRM's publisher to make them defer profits from his books this long - and now realize that a big chunk of profits will never happen, because most won't bother to read them now.

Publishing doesn't work that way, where a TV network can change the terms of a book publishing contract. Unless they threw an ungodly amount of money at Bantam. Possible...but unlikely.

dany is the mummers dragon

But she's the one who gets told to fear the mummer's dragon

That's good.

The fat lord may perish but atleast I get to read the whole damn thing.

Decades and I'm still salty about Dune and other unfinished novels.

I knew it.

You know the mummer's dragon just implies Varys' dragon and not that he's fake, right?
Varys is called a mummer quite a few times throughout the books.
The trouble for her will start when Aegon's small council realizes she can't get pregnant.

George is probably contractually obligated not to say certain shit.

to go forward you must go back. dany's hardships will come from her believing herself to be a targ and not accepting her real identity

FUCK PUTIN
FUCK RUSSIANS
and
FUCK BOOKS

>The Lord of The Rings has no literary merit
How do people like you exist? What has to happen? Is it severe autism and lack of strong relationships in your life?

what books are "literature" then?

The Great Gatsby
t. Quentin

it's even worse

>implying GURM has anything done
He's too busy playing video games and watching football. Face it, D&D are gonna be the only ones who tell an ending.

a. that book was boring as shit
b. how is that not genre fiction?

>Sergio Leone films are practically what if capeshit were actual films
"lord of the rings is genre fiction, but the good the bad and the ugly is high culture"

I called it

I fucking knew that was the reason why. I even posted it. Feels good to be right

You're saying fans of the books can't be retarded. Retard.

>Tolkien is still genre fiction. Some of the finest, yes. But at the end of the day its timid escapism without literary merit.
Fucking based

only an idiot wouldnt think this was the case