What's Yea Forums's opinion on Doom Patrol?

What's Yea Forums's opinion on Doom Patrol?

Attached: MV5BMjI5NTUyMjc4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODc3MzA0NzM@._V1_.jpg (1000x1477, 447K)

Pilot was good. Ended up dropping it because it became too bland.

CHARACTER
DRIVEN
SCHLOCK

Glad we can finally get the superhero show we all wanted now, though. Thank you based Mr. Nobody.

pretty good, better than all the cw garbage

more like kino patrol

Has elasti bitch gotten naked yet?

What's his fucking problem? Really?

Attached: mr. based.png (795x569, 357K)

Why is Doom Patrol so relatively obscure on Yea Forums? I've seen Cobra fucking Kai get more threads than this.

He wants to make a good show because it's the only way his existence can continue. He's aware he's in a streaming DC show, and not only that but it's a fucking Doom Patrol TV show. So he wants to make sure the show is good enough to continue.

Also, while he wants the good guys to fight him, he wants to remove any serious threats like Flex Mentallo and Dorothy Spinner.

yes, but offscreen.

Yes, but her naked form is a giant blob of scabby flesh.

Wouldn't he dab on Dorothy and Flex with the greatest of ease, like everyone else?
On that note, what the hell is his superpower? I read that in the comics it was draining sanity, but the show makes it look like he's got some super meta reality control powers. Is he draining our sanity as the viewers to make us believe shit?

On the show, he's omnipotent to an extent, but not omniscient. In addition to having his own dimension he can pull people into and manipulate them, he has the power of being an editor on Doom Patrol. He can narrate, play flashbacks to time travel, stop time, insert scenes to trick Cyborg, watch flashbacks characters are having to learn new information. While he has this power, he's still a part of the show and is subject to his limitations within it, meaning he can be threatened and he doesn't know things the story doesn't need him to know.

In the comic, he was more just loud and irritable rather than some insanity-draining supervillain. He would just surround himself with better/weirder supervillains, or use artifacts to get what he wanted (like the Painting that Ate Paris - he absorbed Paris into a separate dimension much like his Donkey Portal in the show).

Would you say show Mr. Nobody is better than comics Mr. Nobody? I like his visuals in the comics more, at least.

Both are fun. Comic Nobody is memorable, but he isn't as effectively villainous as Show Nobody is. His run with the Brotherhood of Dada in the comic is kino, as was his attempt to get elected as president. He eventually came back as 'Mr. Somebody' as a corporate hack CEO-type, but that wasn't that interesting and it literally ended with Nobody being informed the comic was being cancelled, getting frustrated and giving up, packing up all his plans and leaving.

He also came back in a recent run with the Brotherhood of Nada that was a fine homage, but not terribly interesting. Show Nobody is certainly more of a threat and presence than comic Nobody.

>draining
I've watched umbrella academy, and I enjoyed it. should I give DP a try?

Jane is the only annoying cast desu

Capekino, it doesn't feel like superhero shit though

Definitely the least pleasant of the cast
Mr. Basedbody is taking care of that as we speak user

i just pretend like those teenage girl dramas don't even exist. fucking putting arrow and flash on cw was a mistake. a big mistake.

Yes, they are a bit different shows and for me Doom Patrol is more entertaining.

It's great I love diversity

It’s our greatest strength!

Why didn't Flit just teleport everyone into Mr. Nobody's magical realm?

Because Jane sucks and doesn’t do things on command. Also because the team doesn’t necessarily know where Nobody is keeping Chief, just that he has him somewhere.

What if that somewhere is nowhere?

Cyborg is good again.

I really fucking like it.