Anyone else disappointed that we didn’t get to see a resolution to the “Hulk afraid to come out” arch in IW...

Anyone else disappointed that we didn’t get to see a resolution to the “Hulk afraid to come out” arch in IW? They built that up in the first movie then threw it away in Endgame.

Attached: 5C4F3203-627D-4FCB-BC12-DE5C30E79D12.jpg (1920x1080, 341K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ci7b9KDEoE8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Saw Endgame yesterday and I’m fucking disappointed by the whole movie. Especially useless Hulk and fat Thor. I hoped they would have gone with World Breaker Hulk and really shown what he is capable of

Was it ever addressed why he pussed out?

Its too toxic and masculine

it wasn't even shown HOW he became Professor Hulk

I haven't seen the film and probably never will. Is it true that Endgame treats Professor Hulk like giant, green Banner instead of a legitimate fusion of personalities?

That’s exactly what he is. Reminds of the blue dude from X-Men

Marvel movies are trash. In other news water is wet.

The biggest issue about this arc is that it was shown one way but was meant to symbolize something else. The Russo’s actually stated that the reason Hulk didn’t come out was because he was tired of Banner “using” him to fix his issues. But since Hulk has always been depicted as a raging autist I don’t think that’s how it came across hence why we all that Hulk pussied out.

Which probably explains why the Russo’s cucked Hulk again. Honestly Hulk peaked in Avengers 1 and basically became a jobber after that.

Attached: EEBCE24F-851A-4E76-B263-5B2473BC2770.jpg (728x728, 104K)

(OP)
Hulk has never beaten Thanos 1v1 in the comics. He always gets smacked around easily by Thanos.
Stop asking for Hulk to give Thanos a good fight you dumbfucks.

Meanwhile Captain America can kick Thanos ass around

>Cap kicking Thanos's ass

You mean using Thor's power to get afew hits that do no damage on Thanos and then getting beat down easily?

I remember reading a comic were Thanos says Hulk is one of the only living beings he tries to avoid.

>that one scene where bruce tries to pretend to be the hulk and awkwardly jokingly pretends to smash things
Imagine turning the fucking hulk into a soiboi

How the hell could he summln lightning with the hammer?
It was explained in Ragnarok that Thor is the source of the power, not the hammer.

Hammer literally says that anybody who wields it gets the power of Thor.

He said that because he hadn't faced him before but in the same story arc he beat him down no problem with little effort.
Every encounter they ever had in the history of the comics, has been the Hulk getting beat down Thanos.

>Infinity War: Thor destroys gauntlet Thanos with the axe
>Endgame: Useless Thor can’t even budge a no gauntlet Thanos while dual wielding the axe and hammer
They turned Thor into a comedic fat slob, all his development back to 0.
The all female scene was hella hype, made totally much sense that they all gathered for an epic girl power shot on the battlefield YAAAAS QUEEN

*every encounter in the comics that has ever happened between Thanos and the Hulk ends up in the Hulk getting beat down by Thanos.

I don't know why idiots have been wanting for it to end up differently in the movies but that would be stupid and going against the comics.

He wasn't pussing out, he was just mad at Banner for using him whenever he needed to fight. According to the Russos anyways

Attached: main-qimg-3d4d7f0a59f4fe9a5fe9fe2a1cd7c662.jpg (602x914, 295K)

They cancelled the Hulk because they wanted to make a message about toxic masculinity, now instead of fighting the Hulk he accepts him and he's super chill and onions

Also the Russo's said that his arm is fucked up for good, r.i.p. hulk

Attached: 4605cd792bbee0c0bae77a9b13fb715e.jpg (988x1520, 429K)

I remember how hulk was treated in the first two avengers movies. Like using a pitbull as an attack dog, he could just as easily attack the enemy as turn on its masters. The hulk becomes kind of boring once he stops being a force of nature to be reckoned with.

Ragnarok Hulk isn't a raging Autist.

>hulk now has the onionsboy receding haircut
just give him a beard and hes good to go

>I remember how hulk was treated in the first two avengers movies. Like using a pitbull as an attack dog

Attached: c53f678be0f0f4c8e06ddabf8e5b60a8.jpg (917x999, 199K)

The only satisfying resolution to that would be if Hulk delivers a death blow, otherwise it's the same thing, him smacking Thanos around but getting beat down in the end. And they're sure as fuck not going to give the final blow honor to Hulk.

Uhmm is that Ghost Rider in the back?

Attached: 20190511_165119.jpg (600x336, 158K)

Always remembered hulk destroying everything in the comic. Guess time really fucks up the memory. Are we ever getting planet breaking hulk or is just jobbing the rest of the MCU?

No, Hulk's a character for little boys.

This.
Captain Marvel is a character for grown up modern men.

I'm more annoyed that they've been treating hulk as this separate persona this whole time, going so far as to refer to him as "the other guy" since the first Avengers, only for Banner to off-screen kill that persona and wield its abilities like a self-conscious faggot.

It should have been regular Banner through the film until they start arguing about who can wield Stark's gauntlet, then Hulk finally comes out to make use of his strength in the most noble way possible. Hell they could use the snap to kill off Hulk that way, since they're clearly not interested in keeping him around.

They dont own the rights to the Hulk.
They are gonna keep him low key/not there until they get the rights back

at the start of the MCU they needed the Hulk. He was the biggest name that normies would know and like they had access to. Fox/Sony were not playing ball. With Hulk 03 flopping they partnered up to make a new Hulk that had a stupid idea of implying a crossover with another super hero/s.

now? in an age of post Avengers pop culture take over they dont NEED him any more. they proved over and over again that they can use C list heroes to make a movie and it would turn a profit. The mouse has made it clear that he wants all HIS super heroes. He broke Fox and made Sony his vassel.

>muh world breaker hulk
Shut the fuck up faggot.
Odinforce Thor literally shitstomps him and any MCU character with absolute ease.

>They dont own the rights to the Hulk.
They don’t? I thought they had his rights but not She-Hulk and the villain roster

Attached: 1793575-thanos_02.jpg (1778x2700, 622K)

Both Thor and Hulk are useless now though.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 56K)

The comic books shift around about the personas all the time.
some times they are just split personalities of Banner he formed to protect himself/others.
other times Hulk and Banner are 100% separate beings living in the same body.

but yea i really do with he got more time or his own movie but the rights issue.

Attached: qePBG5U.png (790x612, 1.35M)

As other user said anyone who can wield the hammer is granted the power of Thor. Cap should pretty much be on par with Thor power wise so long as he is wielding the hammer, which also explains how he could telepathically draw Stormbreaker

No. If they brought WB Hulk over from the comics with his full power level he would wreck MCU Odinforce Thor
as for comics you are also wrong.
Rune King Thor? yes.
Odinforce Thor? hell no.

Being afraid to come out isn't really an interesting plot line, you just waste a lot of time

they talked about how this was going to be a big arc for hulk with a great payoff but they totally fucked him. poor ruffalo, even though he's pretty terrible

it should be a third personality

Nope. Well not the distribution rights.
If they(now Disney) were to make a solo Hulk movie Universal would legally, be the only company that could distribut it.
Universal and Marvel Studios made a deal. Universal was not willing to part with the rights fully so they made the Ed Norton Hulk movie with Marvel and that Marvel could use Hulk for crossovers without them being involved. At the time Hollywood has little to no faith in comicbook movies. After Spierman/xmen 3 Xmen Sniktbub and FF flopped Hollywood was ready to sunset comic book movies

maybe they're saving World Breaker for it's own movie?
the whole snap arm damage thing could even be part of that build-up to show Hulk means business when he gets angry enough to undo even infinity stone damage

lets be real here: it's fucking Disney
If they truly wanted to make a Hulk movie they could

>At the time Hollywood has little to no faith in comicbook movies.
It’s pretty funny that Sony could have bought the rights to all Marvel’s characters for $25 mil once upon a time, but chose only to buy Spider-Man. Would have been interesting to see how the movies would have panned out and most likely flopped

doesn't the Hulk love fighting?

And what, have his shit kicked in even worse than what happened in IW? Thanos was actually holding back there, he wasn't in Endgame

Yes. Cosmic ghost rider

Why did Iron Man use the stones? Coudn’t he just fly away with them and let someone else do it?

hulks top end power/strength/durability takes too long to build up. that's why he gets rekt by the big bois like thanos who has 0 ramp up time, he's at max power all the time.

worldbreaker hulk only emerged at the end of a long arc and a long buildup. hulk experienced nothing the suffering and rage-building like the loss of his wife in the MCU

Give them time. Fox was the young blood. easy and weak.
Universal is old money. They wont give shit up til the company is dead. it is a pride thing for them. The mouse could drop a billion in the laps of the chair people and they would not budge. They will hold those characters hostage just to spite Disney.

>he wasn't being a pussy
>he was just being a fag

>only my character gets comic powers
>yours gets shitty debuffed MCU version of comic powers
Eat shit faggot.
MCU Odinforce Thor still shitstomps comic WB Hulk.
Youre just a cuck who cant respect the fact that the white heroes will always be the strongest of the MCU.
Cry more.

banner isn't white? hulk is green i guess, but he's not a separate race.

Losing Betty and Widow could have done it.
He also got to that power level 1/2 more times after that. One time while fighting Skarr and he kept pushing Hulks buttons the other time the world was being invaded.

also look up Heart of the Monster Hulk. AKA Universe Breaker Hulk.

>Youre just a cuck who cant respect the fact that the white heroes will always be the strongest of the MCU.
not anymore sweety, the white men have stepped aside ;)

Never said that, but its usually the non-whites that prefer Hulk over Thor because when Banner is in Hulk form hes not technically white anymore so they can relate better I guess.

No. I'm good.

I said right in the post

>as for comics you are also wrong.
>Rune King Thor? yes.
>Odinforce Thor? hell no.

Uhm Black Widow’s death made him throw a bench into the lake, that was very epic.

shame it's not the other way around, Fox actually used their IP to make good movies

punisher ghost rider

>odinforce thor? hell no
You couldnt be any more incorrect even if you actually tried.

>They built that up in the first movie then threw it away in Endgame.

Endgame was a fanservice movie. Infinity war was the true ending. Endgame is the bonus film for fans that stuck around for 11 years. If you are looking for answers in what essentially boils down to (rather good) fanfic, you're doing it wrong.

I literally saw Avengers only for hulk, even without norton I wanted to see how it was. And he was the best, him and thor.

didn't even know he was afraid
thought there was more to it than just him yelling "know"

yup.
he was wasted in end game.
He had a snap...that for some reason his healing factor cant fix
and a shitty version of his Secret Wars(1984) moment.

He was important and key to them winning but we never got a HULK moment.

>female virgins and becky's rustled at bear-mode thor

Attached: what a loser.png (449x401, 490K)

whos the green guy next to hulk

UHM bros we're still gonna make it, r-right?

Attached: 12516161272177.png (744x183, 14K)

The last fight should be between Hulk, Thor, Iron Man and Cap vs. Thanos
Avengers vs Thanos
and the Hulk's healing factor?
the writers and the Russo brothers did not know that he had a healing factor, and this is not a joke

Attached: 236855a867ba546c138628caaa2a642a--memes-humor-semi-final.jpg (236x331, 17K)

I think you are getting Rune King Thor confused with Odinforce.

That's Drax.
That version was called dumb Drax. He was a strong as the Hulk and not too smart, pretty much space Hulk.

just a reminder Avatar was in Theaters for 6+ months.
Avengers made that much in a month.

shouldn't the hulk be completly fearless?

No, I understand that RK Thor is like 20x more powerful than Odinforce Thor.
What I am saying is that regardless, Odinforce Thor would still defeat WB Hulk.

Russos are literally as bad as Whedon.

Ruffallo can't carry a movie, especially now that he has fused with the Hulk. His character arc is complete and we didn't get to see it. It's unclear what they will do with Hulk and Ruffallo in the future, but he might stay to be a support character in others movies.

>using manchild cartoons for white nationalism
cringe

The Hulk he fought was much weaker and calmer. Thanos would have it harder against the Hulk that went rampage in Age of Ultron. The angrier he becomes, the tougher and harder to knockout he becomes. Tony only managed to knock him out because Hulk started calming down (and didn't see the punch coming).

At first I found the faggot Hulk and fat Thor funny, but that went away as I realized they wouldn’t rewind the time and stop that shit from happening to them.

>e-endgame will b-break at least 2.4M this w-weekend
>y-you'll see, avatards ;-;

Attached: 5BBDBC62-300B-4A59-A674-FFC3A9699A2A.jpg (600x678, 44K)

there was no time. it was already 3 hours long

It would have been better if he had been the last one to fight Thanos and stop him from doing the fingersnap instead of Captain Marvel. He would be so angry that Thanos would have to use the power stone to knock him out, which would be a nice callback to their first fight where some fans said Thanos used the stone, but he actually didn't.

just a reminder what it took:

>defending white male capeshit heroes=white nationalism
Shoo shoo /pol/faggot, you have to have an IQ of over 90 to post on Yea Forums.

Attached: 1514394581435.gif (500x490, 971K)

who say's it's fully complete? something truly traumatic could upset the balance again in the future
however I do agree that they'd need to get another actor to do any worldbreaker story justice

sounds like a massive asspull and the Russos just made most of it up as they went along

Hulk doesn't get stronger the angrier he gets in the MCU. He also doesn't have a healing factor.

>better spend screentime on incel Thor playing Fortnite

Avatar had very VERY strong legs. Every week a good amount of tickets were sold. This went on for almost 8 months. It's better to have a weak premiere and strong legs than the opposite. Endgame will likely make another 150-200 million, but it won't breach Avatar.

Does the gross account for the fact that tickets for 3D movies are more expensive?

I'm not reading anything with this fucking ogre staring at me from the side

Attached: KEEP CRYING BABY.jpg (1920x1080, 1.35M)

That's what bothered me. It was too much Banner and not enough Hulk. Professor Hulk is just Banner except he is bigger and greener, but he is still an awkward nerd. The Hulk became more of his persona and character during the 2 years he was on Sakaar.

it wasn't Thor playing Fortnite you fucking retard
did you even watch the movie?

Yeah. I was expecting that at the end he would finally become pissed enough at Thanos to allow the Hulk side come out and he'd become full-on true Professor Hulk and actually hold his own against Thanos. Instead we just got Captain Marvel getting punched away a couple times or something.

>better spend time on Thor speaking with a kid playing Fortnite over the mic

you are delusional if you think it wont beat avatar.

the movie has to suffer at least a 70% decline in viewership EACH WEEK during the rest of its run to stay in 2nd place.

Watch his fight against Abomination.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ci7b9KDEoE8
1:08
Abomination is initially stronger than him, but when Hulk sees Betty is in danger he gets angrier and his strength increases a lot. The movie is part of MCU.

literally all captain marvel every does is steal scenes from and murder better characters

I take it you only know WB Hulk from the end of WWH. Not the other times he went that level.

YOUR FEAR IS DELISH LOL

I wondered that too.
They should have just shown fortnite and left it at that.

problem is that the MCU is doing it's darnest to ignore any solo hulk movie existed

There can be a comic where a cuck writer says Hulk is transgay and uses sneed memes to kill Thanos, that doesn't mean anything you stupid mutt.

>arch

because they dont own those movies.
they also flopped.

Anyone else got goosebumps at this awesome and powerful moment?

Attached: 3255A427-672C-4232-98D6-C1898EA2D014.jpg (569x872, 252K)

yeah but then we wouldn't have had more EBIN scenes of Chris Hemsworth's sub-par ad-libbed bits

Can partially blame Edward Norton, I hear he was difficult to work with. He wanted to do a lot changes to the script. They had to replace him. Ruffallo will be 52 this year, so he could still do a couple of more Hulk movies. Also, they want to forget it because it was a box office flop. That's why Hulk is not getting any solo movies.

Neither of the times I went to see it did I hear anyone giving a shit about that part of the movie.

There was always a negress who screamed "WONKABAR FOREVER!" when Chadwick Boseman popped up though.

Attached: rise of the black panther.jpg (2119x488, 515K)

epin

Attached: [loud sanic music].jpg (476x327, 206K)

I thought a lot of the scenes filled with quips were unnecessarily long. I don’t remember Infinity War being that bloated with them

I was disappointed in Thor's arc in Endgame, and very disappointed in Hulk's arc.

Pretty happy with the other story arcs except that Captain Fungus can fuck off to space where ever she goes and stay there.

IW > EG

Mostly this. While Hulk is cannon, MCU is right to ignore it. Edward Norton is notoriously a dick to work with and has a well established history for wanting to change an entire movie to suit whatever fantasy he is going for.
Also, the hamfisted love story trope is trash and always will be trash.

tarkovsky is probably glad he's dead because if he knew his likeness was being used for THIS he'd kill himself.

characters aren't made interesting by how hard they can punch things
didn't you learn that from captain marvel

The only thought I had was that retards are gonna seethe hard at this on the Internet

kinda expected this given the "girl fight" in IW was embarrassing

Thor is back to square one with his arc, except he is also fat now. What the hell were they thinking.
Ragnarok was about him finally coming to terms with his true power and leading the Asgardians. Then he passes the reigns on to the nigger woman who apparently has great leadership, which the viewer haven’t seen.

You mean Mary Sue Superman

>It should have been regular Banner through the film until they start arguing about who can wield Stark's gauntlet, then Hulk finally comes out to make use of his strength in the most noble way possible.

thats some good shit user, i like it

It would have been a satisfying conclusion to the Hulk's character arc that he's had going since the first Avengers movie. All that inner conflict should have culminated in him coming to terms with himself and becoming a hybrid of Banner and Hulk. Instead it's all entirely deflated right at the start in the least satisfying way and then never followed up on. It was a goddamn character assassination.

The entire theater laughed and groaned when I saw it

Hulk was pussy that he got his ass kicked by Thanos

Fat and drunk Thor was fun the first scene, but they dragged it out for the whole movie. It's because Hemsworth seems himself more as a comedian than an action hero. Can expect more of it when Thor joins Guardians of the Galaxy 3. Oh, imagine if they had made Black Widow fat and drunk instead. Then it wouldn't be funny anymore. Then it would be misogyny.

Drax. He is alot different in the comics.

>Infinity War: Alright Hulk is hiding, can’t way to see him go fucking apeshit in Endgame
>Endgame: Hulk is more or less completely gone now

Simply epic

That would genuinely be a fun deconstruction of her character. I'd love to have seen that.

This is just a theory, but everything Scarlet Witch put in the Avengers heads happened one way or another. (Except for Black Widow)

>Cap got the dance
>Asgard fell
>all of the Avengers died

Hulk's vision was never shown. It's theorized that she showed Thanos killing
Hulk, and that's why he didn't come out in Endgame. He was afraid of death.

but at least he dabbed

Yeah seeing Thor hit rock bottom was damn funny, but that he never recovered left a bad taste.
As I saw mentioned somewhere else, he basically turned into a drawn out SNL skit.

Disney think they slick

You mean a nigger slaver who was a drunk and who dared to enslave a prince of Asgard, her future king, for money. She literally deserves to be publicly beheaded by Thor.

>Hawkeye rolling obese Black Widow down the sacrifice pit while she rips out a huge fart

Attached: DE79295D-1AC9-47E0-9F63-B17CB70FCC8F.jpg (660x1210, 81K)

We would have had the rematch with Hulk being the powerhouse fueled by Gamma radiation from the infinity gauntlet. But DISNEY AND FEIGE HAD TO HAVE THIS LADY BE THE POWER HOUSE!

If she wasn't in this movie you know he would have been the one destroying Thanos ship. Hulk would have been the one holding Thanos down in a rage til Thanos hits him with the PowerStone.

Attached: 1556561454420.jpg (664x492, 44K)

Insider here.
Bries idea to have a go at "toxic masculinity".
The main reason she ended up hated from the start be the cast. She is literally a bitch on set.

>characters main trait is anger
>everyone and there momma expecting him to rage out like first Avengers
>LOL LETS TURN HIM IN A FAGGOT INSTEAD

Attached: 1548536458943.gif (320x240, 1.95M)

Why didn’t they let Thor use the gauntlet?

apparently having fat makes you weak

cuz he fat

Cuz his body is not only flabby and weak but his mind isn't very focused. He's in no mental state. And he'd wish all his dead family and friends back to life.

because this movie was a mess

>ugh.. I have to die Thor... your beer belly killed me..

Attached: 082F821F-41ED-4BC7-BCC5-1E5F535C498E.jpg (310x310, 22K)

Hulk also wished Black Widow back to life

Hulk cant beat Thanos tho and we saw that already.
Thanos knows how to fight, is stronger. Where Hulk just rages and throws punches like an idiot.

Why do heroes always have to be stronger then the bad guys? The rest of the MCU is like this and we get one movie where the bad guy is more powerful then all of them and you all are acting like SJW's

Cause hes white and he would have ended the war there with his white power and then it woukdnt have been a 3 hour kino.
Basically because of antiwhite racism.

And?

>people will fall for this

she still didn't come back :(

How did Doctor Strange manage to gather all those allies so fast? They popped out of the portals almost right after they had been wished back to life and Thanos attacked the compound

What part of Hulk cannot beat Thanos 1 v1 don't you understand?

No matter how mad.

Yes and no. It's Ike at marvel too. They could buy out universals contract and licensing deal, but they have little need to.

I'm just hoping Professor Hulk or whatever they'll call him sets up Maestro.

Because they needed him to fight Thanos and get wrecked. Being diminished after using the gauntlet would have made that a harder sell since he already was diminished by 5 years of doing fuckall.
Which itself is a setup for the sendoff to cap with Mjolnir and Tony with the gauntlet.
Also because Hulk is giving back from himself after all the things he did.

Golden rule: If an even shown or explained in the context of the movie, it's pure conjecture and headcanon.

If he tries to get away, one of Thanos's underlings will smash him down

Actually what bothered me most is that Drax never got any kind of direct revenge on Thanos.

I can't remember if they even fought properly and Drax had like 2 lines in Endgame, all jokes.

can you vectorize anything properly?

Attached: 1557514337055.png (319x298, 29K)

I found it weird too that Drax didn’t charge at Thanos. You just saw him fight a random mook

Who has solo'd Thanos in the comics? Thor? Silver Surfer? I'm sure it's happened.

Hulk represents the male b0ner. By turning him into professor hulk they destroy the boner. don't you understand? this is about feminism!

WB Hulk is not savage hulk. he knows how to fight. besides him being insanely strong he is cunning and has been trained how to fight.

World War Hulk was smart and stronger than ever, no? He probably would have beaten Thanos.

Squirrel girl.

nope, I remember an interview where I think Mark Ruffalo addressed the fact that Banner's (and Hulk's) was losing control to the other one and being completely locked down

Thanos smacks around Thor and Surfer constantly. And Surfer can beat Superman.
Thanos killed Surfer once with like 5 punches.

Where are the webms for Endgame? Where's the torrent?

be the change you want to see

Attached: flickme.gif (195x195, 747K)

Um when did Cejudo become bantamweight champ?