How come this failed at the box office and oscars?

how come this failed at the box office and oscars?

Attached: 1f41d24d-41b8-47498-8617-504ae561296b.jpg (1440x789, 356K)

Every recent medieval period piece has been a flop. I can't think of a single one from the past 5 years that's caught an audience's attention.

my fucking sides, let me guess, it's brtitish ?

Game of Thrones

No one wants to watch nigger's play dress up and talk about how progressive they are. They get enough of that from the news.

having a asian leading lady she should 've been black or middle eastern

Black casting could actually be kino in the theater but TV shows demands some realism.

And what of the half dozen knock-offs as well as all the medieval movies?
Game of Thrones is the exception that proves the rule.

History period pieces have pretty much always been propaganda to some extent, this goes back to Shakespeare's historical plays. At the time those were made to flatter the ruling family of England, artists have pretty much always worked to impress their benefactors.

So ask yourself: who are the primary benefactors of modern day actors and film makers? Who signs the checks?

>Game of Thrones
>medieval

Attached: fug.jpg (552x367, 41K)

That has nothing to do with medieval movies not finding critical and commercial success.
The people signing the checks are the only ones who lose when a movie flops. Everyone else gets paid.

Lol, wot? Most plays that have ever been written were low brow comedies that were sold to the plebs. Sheet, like half of shakespeare's work was made up of adam sandler level comedies. We just don't talk about them in history class.

it's okay that niggers are half the cast in these films now because there may have been one in london for a few weeks in the 1500's

Attached: 1421424214ck .png (588x201, 28K)

>director is white
yikes!

>exception that proves the rule
commit seppuku

>Rourke said, however, that she didn't give a shit about facts
kek

>all examples except one show a trend
>what is an outlier

>medieval

late renaissance brainlet, also the diversity meme is just too heavy handed. also i was thinking about that actor on the left earlier...Yea Forums is weird

she is saving minorities and fighting to show period blood though

Attached: 124144424'.png (676x637, 236K)

Unless you can name a single other popular medeival movie/show, then he's right

I just hate that NPC phrase. It is the most retarded thing one could say.

The Last Kingdom

Kaamelot