BAUHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DIRTH WORSHIPPING TONGUE WAGGING HARLEM SHAKE TO SAVE THE DAY

BAUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

NO WONDER A TARRANT WAS BORN

GET YOUR SHIT SAVAGES IN ORDER COLONIZER KIWIS

What a shit show.
>omg a school shooter! lets dance!
lol

i was getting really into the backstory and worldbuilding of the show, and then that ending. fucking YIKES

Seriously if they would have at least revealed how shitty it would be earlier on I couldn't have avoided wasting my time watching the whole season

This show is like electronically induced schizophrenia, I audibly keked during the school shooter flash dance. Turned out it was so weird I had to watch.

Chambers is pretty good spiritual fiction if anyone is looking for something similar

Best comedy this century.

I thoroughly enjoy it. The concept is fucking fantastic. The high school shooting scene was retarded, but makes sense considering the backstory and what happens in season 2.

My neger.

Season 2 could be pure kino, but I'll never know because I refuse to give it a chance after how Season 1 ended.

>Chambers is pretty good spiritual fiction if anyone is looking for something similar
Creepy first few episodes but completely shits the bed when it reveals things. This of course is done in the very last episode to keep you hooked. Dumb cliffhanger also makes me feel like having wasted my time.

Honestly this and it lowkey breaks my heart

can someone break down what it is about this show exactly?

a friend of mine who works in film and has good taste raved about it years ago when it came out.

You two need to get over yourselves. It's silly to drop an otherwise amazing show for one bad scene, which has a reason for happening revealed later.

It's hard to describe what it's about without giving a lot of it away. Just give it a shot, the first few episodes are not the best, but after it becomes fucking fantastic.

couldn't make it past first episode with that blonde faggot. Does it get better?

Brit is just a sci-fi genius

Attached: 1481987341804.jpg (460x309, 34K)

the first few episodes are a bit of a slog. It gets fucking amazing after.

Imagine the smell.

Attached: The OA Part 2 Episode 1 52.57.jpg (1920x890, 219K)

>girl disappears but reappears years later having not aged
>she was kidnapped and held captive by a guy trying to prove that the afterlife is real
>girl and other hostges are repeatedly killed then brought back to life over and over again for years
>the hostages learn dance moves from beyond the grave (I swear this is real)
>girl escapes and tells her story to a group of misfit teens
>she teaches the teens the dance moves
>they all go to school just as a school shooter starts shooting up the cafeteria
>the group start busting a move as the bullets are flying and somehow this stops the shooter or some shit
>girl gets hit by a stray bullet and appears to die

she looks like she fucks black men (unlike brit who only fucks white guys)

Attached: Brit Marling The OA.webm (1280x595, 3M)

Wrong. She disappears blind and shows up able to see.

As with most netflix tripe it lures you in with vague and mysterious premise in the first 3 episodes.
Then 5-7 episodes of filler.
Only back to plot A in last 2 episodes, (usually shit)
This show was particularly bad and I'm still mad that I finished it.

You're full of shit. There was no filler whatsoever. Everything was relevant to the main themes.

THAT's the part you took exception to? Fucking lol

>>the group start busting a move as the bullets are flying and somehow this stops the shooter or some shit
The shooter is thinking 'wtf are they doing' and then some dude bodyslams him.
The dance however does have spiritual power but it is connected to the blonde woman. Although the scene is very fucking cringe inducing, everything is going according to keikaku.

>the hostages learn dance moves from beyond the grave
How do I know this was written by a woman

the best show of the decade

Brit Marling is like a more talented Neil Breene with a budget.

Anyway season 2 has some boring episodes but it's mostly batshit insane in a good way.

But the ending veered into pretentious territory instead of batshit insane, I will still watch the third season if they make one though

Attached: brit-marling-at-netflix-s-fysee-kick-off-event-at-netflix-fysee-space-05-07-2017_3.jpg (1200x1779, 256K)

Reading the names of the cast and crew of The OA is more entertaining than the show itself
>Zal Batmanglij
>Jill Footlick
>Lol Crawley

No, I just stopped reading after that because clearly he didn't pay attention.

>People still whining about the dance moves stopping the school shooter
They literally say in S2 that the only reason it worked if because how fucking retarded it was and that the shooter got distracted long enough for someone to bodyslam him.

Attached: 1515270489030.jpg (700x671, 78K)

Imagine having the last name Footlick.

I mean, foot fetishists would love it, but...

Yeah what the fuck is up with that?

>is* because

>Brit Marling is like a more talented Neil Breene with a budget.
Maybe the most accurate description I've read in relation to the OA

Well in season 2 we learn that those five interpretive dance moves were actually the key to traveling to another dimension, and a woman travels between dimensions by bringing tiny robotic arms around with her and those robotic arms make the moves

Imagine having the last name Dicklick

I mean, dick fetishists would love it, but...

bruh, don't reveal that, it's one of the more interesting scenes...

Imagine having the last name Shitpost,

I mean shit posters would love it, but...

Yikes. Thanks for letting me know that I don't need to bother watching season two.

Enjoy missing really good content.

>spend an entire season building a plot device
>dismiss it as stupid in the second season
Well thanks for wasting everyone's time.

Yeah it starts really good I was loving the neo noir tech detective story

imagine making something so retarded that you have to include an excuse for it in the continuation

More like feeling the need to explain it to retards like you.

People who say this haven't actually stopped to really think about the scene, and how it relates to the characters in it.

The characters who are surrounding OA all have 1 thing in common, they all want to experience/be something more in their lives. They're all dealing with feeling misunderstood, and held back in a way to keep them from achieving their true potential. The school dance scene is the moment when they all make an attempt to step out of themselves and the image cast upon them by others.

Granted, in execution it looks very silly, however it makes complete sense for the characters, and story.

The dance moves serve a purpose. But in that context, they were just a distraction.