When exactly did family guy cease to be funny?

when exactly did family guy cease to be funny?

Attached: disgusting.png (1130x619, 691K)

The random violence was funny to me, shit like the Op nope

unironically when Seth took his hands off the show to make American Dad

around the same time the cut-away gags became the primary joke medium
probably 2 years after it got uncancelled

the long drawn out cut aways along with overly pretentious main plots make the show very unenjoyable. only time i would consider watching a new episode is if it's a stewie/brian episode.

Seth barely does anything with American Dad besides lend his voice.

It can't be that old...

Attached: 1548042778682.jpg (836x543, 111K)

Irrelevant

Only season 3 is good
t. been watching a lot of fg lately

When they started doing meta-jokes and self-aware at how much they bank on cut-aways.

After season 11 episode 5

It's my constitutional right to scream the N word

Attached: 1539380664286.png (700x700, 213K)

234567 are good

episode 1

This is actually kinda true. Seasons 1 and 2 are awkward and aged poorly, but by season 3 the tone of the show (pre-revival) was fully established and the show felt like it was growing into its own.

Season 4 was actually more like season 3 than it's often given credit for, but the latter half feels more like what Family Guy is now. Season 5 is when "modern" Family Guy really starts to kick in, the lazy shock humor ratcheted up significantly from then on.

The episode where Brian does peanut butter jelly time. Everything after that isnt as good.

Attached: 500x500 (1).jpg (500x500, 34K)

100% this. season 3 and a lot of season 4 is the best stuff they've ever made. 1 and 2 are comfy. 5 is still watchable. but after that it's soulless

Hey Yea Forums do yourself a favor, don’t get married.

Came to post this, I never laughed on a single joke on that show, which is stranhe considering how I “liked” South Park and the Simpsons long ago.

Growing up and watching a lot of 70’s sitcoms on Nick At Nite informed a lot of my understanding of the humor of the first two seasons. It moved on from that tone at exactly the right time but they should have touched back on it at some point.

Around season 6

Whenever they decided that explaining the joke was funnier than just having the joke.

It was funny?

Season 11 e 05

When it came back after cancellation. 1-3 are kino, 4+ was just lolrandom to the max and a noticeable decline in storylines.

I literally wasn't going to.

When we stopped being 13 years old.

It was never funny. Complete amerilard trash. I cringe at the generation of teens and college aged losers who base their personality referencing family guy, south park, and other equally shit shows.

>Old Family Guy is a classic!
>Petah ahm holdin hootehs!

That shit's garbage. A lot of new Family Guy episodes are very funny.

Family guy was formerly funny

nah its cozy

After season 3.

When you grew older.
It's still funny tho, you just now see the cringe moments you couldn't see before

Season 7 was the last good season.

Good. Don’t.

Peetah get down here, it's 6PM and you haven't fed Quagmire yet.

It was pretty good before it got cancelled. Quite shit after resuming. Then after some seasons it got kinda funny again but haven't watched it in years so don't know what the quality is nowadays.

let mE BACCKKKK

actually really accurate