/tp/ - Twin Peaks

Did Laura's mother know what was going on with her and Leland?

Attached: twin peakgs t.jpg (588x331, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1E2hkZBVya4
youtu.be/pXth84G7dkM
youtube.com/watch?v=AYOXAhd-HQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=2vOg0HyJpvI
youtube.com/watch?v=qJbbEAUXy_g
phillipjeffries.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=2ngt9ttV7jY
youtube.com/watch?v=MvCp0XtXYXw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

/tpg/ how many times do we have to teach you this lesson old man

Attached: oldman.jpg (480x360, 24K)

Sorry, I keep selecting it from the dropdown by reflex

Why does it matter so much though?

Anyone got an answer to the op question?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-10_21-50-29.png (1094x906, 289K)

That's literally what The Return is all about, user. Just like FWWM shot down the idea that Leland must be innocent, The Return shot down the possibility that Sarah had nothing to do with the cycle of abuse.

Was it directly stated? I just remember a lot of surrealism surrounding her and that she was chainsmoking, seemingly from long-term stress of losing her family tragically.

>directly stated
When is anything ever directly stated.
Anyway, it's clear he isn't giving Sarah a free pass. See [ethereal whooshing], her stabbing the photo of Laura, the second to last word spoken in the show right before sheryl lee's scream, and a bunch of other stuff.
I personally interpret it more in a "she uses alcohol and probably pills to turn a blind eye to what's going on, and that in and of itself continues the cycle of abuse" FWWM has notes of this too.

I'm not sure but it's possible she knew to a degree. This sort of stuff happens in the real world and the mother etc. is generally too afraid to speak out about it.

It makes me sad to think that mothers would let it happen

Attached: despair.png (300x298, 119K)

It's /tpg/

you

STUPID

FUCKING

FAGGOT

what did she mean by this

Attached: laura.png (1921x1439, 1.47M)

Guys , Snake Eyes just started playing on my google music radio and it made me think of this thread. What is the official /tpg/ consensus on it?

youtube.com/watch?v=1E2hkZBVya4

why do we need these threads multiple fucking times a day? spread that shit out.

>tfw undertaking the autistic task of watching every Lynchkino in chronological order including movies, short films and twin peaks, not including the lame nature documentary show he directed one episode off, possibly including his failed sitcom
im very excited to get to Twin Peaks bros.
gotta go im watching Dune

Attached: IMG_4918.jpg (2560x3138, 2.48M)

i watched every film he did chronologically during the summer season 3 started airing, purposely not watching any of it without finishing his films. such an amazing director, you can tell how he slowly improves upon every film he works on. never has a director constantly shifted between surrealism and straight up emotion like lynch, straight story fucking killed me
what do you think cuddling with laura feels like

Attached: 13def159c5af3c2bdcb10b3ed4c42f13.jpg (736x582, 35K)

pic related is currently the best operating theory. she's mimicking the motion of pulling her diary key out from her lamp.

Attached: lamp.jpg (806x453, 57K)

Laura's mother was Judy. So probably, yes.

Laura’s life was completely ridiculous. Wasn’t she a dealing coke and traveling across the border to work in a brothel belonging to a secret cult or some shit

>what do you think cuddling with laura feels like
semen

Fuck all that, how did she get the power to turn into a house?

no idea

Attached: BowieHeroes.jpg (900x542, 288K)

Dune is my favorite movie of his so it’s funny to me that he took his name off it. Movie is pretty nonsense from start to finish but completely enthralling. The other Dune would have sucked balls and been existed for people to wank all over.

How do I get a gf that is like Laura but only the good parts and none of the bad (ie. truckstop coke whore)

Attached: pure.jpg (700x394, 37K)

A Laura gf is almost as bad as an Audrey gf because the negative aspects make up so much of their personalities. What's even left after all that?

What would be bad about an Audrey gf?

gib shelly gf

Attached: shelly.jpg (928x768, 70K)

>gf who cheats on her husband

same husband who beats her

>gf who marries people that beat her

she says in the first season he didn’t always do that in conversation with Norma

>a man with a fucked up hairline like Leo married a woman like Shelly
There’s hope after all brehs

I think all the evidence was right there in front of her but she chose to remain in denial, for obvious reasons

Just gotta get a car stupid teenage girls are impressed by

Don't know but she needs to cut her nails

she also needs to wash her hands

Also, when Laura's casket is lowered into the ground and Leland jumps on it, she tells him, "Don't ruin this too." Understood it to mean that he ruined Laura with all the rape.

She realizes Bob=Leland in FWWM when she finds Bob reading her diary

Oh, wait. You mean the mother. She probably knew to some extent. Didn't she have like super powers? Also since when did Judy inhabit her body?

bump

stop samefagging your shitty threads and stop making them five times a day you fucking goon

literally nothing, but there’s a vocal faction of /tpg/ that think she’s too boring of a pick for best girl

Did you watch The Return? Sarah is the girl from the end of episode 8

They're crazy

new season worth watching?

obviously not, since even Leland nor Laura themselves did not know

>people hate Earle
>they love Bad Coop which is literally the same character but generic "badass" instead of crazy mastermind

no, it's crap

I am going to say no.
Ever since watching The Return I have been unable to enjoy anything on TV, or any films. It still haunts my thoughts almost daily.

Something to do with Kenneth Welsh's absolutely trash acting skills I'm hazarding a guess

It's because Lynch hated him, if he liked the character everyone would love it. We all know how this place works.

It's my favourite piece of media in years. I loved Dougie so much

>Men are coming!
Genuinely, what did she mean by this? Was she talking about the woodsmen?

Attached: 1505081394074.jpg (600x600, 56K)

Maybe for some but I for one don't give a shit what Lynch thinks (don't even watch his interviews to even know what he thinks) and I still find Earle to be easily the worst character in the show

johns

she learned from the best

Attached: 1468919390919.png (1136x640, 630K)

Man I loved the Harry/Dale broship
Biggest letdown of S03 was Ontkean not being in

How do you go from this?

Attached: lara-flynn-boyle-4.jpg (500x375, 24K)

to this?

Attached: oki.jpg (306x468, 40K)

the bogpill is a helluva drug...

serves her right for bailing out

Yeah basically. Self entitled diva

Sheryl Lee is genuinely sweet, beautiful and CUTE!

Attached: 1498728825700.webm (530x500, 506K)

not only worth watching but an essential watch

When black people say, "What up Judy," to black girls with big asses it always makes me laugh.

How phallic

>The horse is the white of the eyes and the darkness within them...

wait people have theories that Sarah became the house?

So a Maddy gf?

>dude symbolism that means nothing
the whole show is a mess

>the lamp is green
>the lamp resembles tongues of flame

Holy fucking kino

You better watch On The Air nigger

Holy shit, great observation user

i was watching the missing pieces the other day and the scene were she is smoking while carrying groceries then scolding laura for smoking was good

i watched return outta order with Yea Forums what's the best episode bros?? i still don't really get it and i didn't get twin peaks s1-2 until like my third rewatch

*replaces u because u got fat and ugly and can't stop smoking*

Attached: 56ad5f4b688b22d959d43808d195fc18.jpg (399x612, 25K)

i thought earle was cool and was acted good
hes a villain your suppose to hate him??

Attached: 1550563222798.png (128x128, 33K)

Is it good?

it depends on how much you like dick

Attached: Picture 2.png (1382x1029, 1.15M)

>GO BACK TO MISSOULA, COCKSUCKER

how did FWWM shoot down Leland being innocent?

he did nothing wrong. it was all bob

>"I thought you knew it was me!"

Best thing about season 2.

What a bae.

Came here to post this

Attached: 1550994696800.jpg (1920x1080, 1.27M)

May as well be BOB speaking through Leland to terrorise Laura more or BOB actually meaning "I thought you always knew I was in your dad"

trying to film my first short film
how can i rip off twin peaks as much as possible?
i've seen the international pilot 3 times

i got some rhodes sounds for the soundtrack but i know there's more too it then just the soundtrack

Attached: 1556855245991.jpg (782x773, 299K)

rape

After that thing came through the box and missed Mr. C in New York she knew too much

I loved Earle.

Give me one (6) reasons why I should watch The Return when Leland is dead, based Cooper has already been spirited away, and the entire second half of the original series was already shit.

Even if Cooper comes back in the new series he would be an old man. Cringe.

You shouldn't, it's shit and it has no actual relation with twin peaks.

These threads seem to suffer when Game of Reddit is hot

Attached: TwinPeaksLYNCHEDtextnew.webm (1536x832, 2.98M)

Thanks. That's what I figured

I hated the whole Holmes and Moriarty feel of it.

Yeah, naturally. I barely browse here when the catalog is flooded with that and capeshit and SW, I'm sure it's similar for a lot of people

Turboplebs, please remove your repulsive presence from these premises

Attached: 1495827181344.jpg (600x918, 102K)

BOB literally says "I never knew you knew it was me" right after

FOR THE LAST TIME, SARAH IS POSSESSED BY THE JUMPING MAN, NOT JUDY.
JUDY IS LAURA PALMER AS THE DREAMER.

Guys, we're not gonna talk about Judy

Attached: 1501320925724.jpg (950x534, 145K)

I'm gonna say it

Attached: 1504725619307.jpg (600x600, 49K)

It means she has her own emmo.

SAM STANLEY
A
M

S
T
A
N
L
E
Y

Attached: sam-stanley.png (676x366, 284K)

bump

She looks like a grandma now. ;_;

>So a Maddy gf?
That would be nice. How do we attain this?

Are you implying you wouldn't hug_ current day Sheryl?

Attached: 1504673121339.jpg (1431x2160, 463K)

Would, but desperation makes it meaningless

He kept her drugged up to high heavens, so I don't believe so.

>with sheryl free any purchase
AAAAAAAAAAAaaaa

Attached: 1499532235861.jpg (730x642, 148K)

She looks real nice in this

Attached: 1505312524645.jpg (471x612, 37K)

Lmao, grow up incel

Why is it childish to be sad that mothers let their children be raped?

No, he drugged her so she wouldn't wake up during the rape. Watch the movie.

It's 2019 and it's a woman's body hunny, they can do what they want with it

What does that have to do with rape? Rape is defined by the person not wanting it

Sheryl Lee with HATS ON

Attached: 1498477211063.jpg (417x594, 41K)

*tips*

Attached: 1511111492190.jpg (362x604, 32K)

Opening this image may cause your day to improve

Attached: 1500068051031.png (497x1027, 1.07M)

MOMMY

Attached: 1501348447402.jpg (467x700, 61K)

What year is this?

based Laurabros

Laura's mother was Jowday. Note how she still acted like a frightened victim after opening her face and ripping a guy's throat out. So yes, she knew and is the ultimate cause of everything bad.

>not making you depressed that she's not yours

The actor of the jumping man was told to act "like a talisman" by Lynch. The Jumping Man is not a real person, but a representation of one.

She ignored it. That is what we call the White Horse

why were the females in this show so hot. think they look better than any girls on television today or in the real world

Lynch has always had great taste in women and he's also great at getting them to do nude scenes

K I N O

Attached: meanwhile.png (1612x1429, 1.19M)

based lunch

Attached: MOMMY.png (2560x1440, 2.73M)

kek

Attached: pepe_trump_cherry.png (700x700, 208K)

Alice Cooper?

Laura is UGLY and a WHORE

Attached: 1501242230862.webm (1920x1440, 504K)

ep 9

GUYS

Laura or Maddy?

Attached: leland.jpg (600x300, 46K)

Maddy, blondes are for fags.

Sheryl

Maddy

Brunettes > Blondes, and also Laura was a bit of a roastie

My "review" of /tpg/ - Twin Peaks General

>"hello frenlo :^)" -- GET FUCKED!!!
>Sheryl IS NOT cute
>Cooper got his mind back, you vedderposting idiots

Dougie Jones/Dale Cooper/Mr. C (Kyle MacLachlan)
>A moonlighting, grape fondling wine-maker (more like whine-maker), the trick monkey fraud of the group. Knows two tricks: acting like a goody-two shoes on speed and becoming violent. Brava, Kyle! Brava!

Bobby Briggs (Dana Ashbrook)
>a failed drug dealer with an ugly ex-wife and children with terrible names (''Becky Burnett'' JESUS. CHRIST.). He knows he's the least popular cast member and desperately tries to fit in by attempting a redemption arc amidst Deputy Andy's silly hijinks. What a dick.

Gordon Cole (David Lynch)
>an over-the-hill "director" weighed down by his talentless friends. Only makes "ironically bad" films because they're immune to criticism. The latest season of "Twin Peaks" will expose him as a fraud and be a spiritual and economic disaster. He will eventually go the route of Orson Welles—make wine commercials and appear in Muppet films for Disney.

Tammy Preston (Crystal Gale)
>The curdling definition of a parasite. Ditters on her phone while the men do all the hard work. Got caught being bluer after Cole set the absolute limit on blue.

Albert Rosenfeld (Miguel Ferrer)
>the only character showing any self-improvement or growth. Still has a long way to go, but has already outgrown the FBI.

I like how Twin Peaks is a show founded upon criticism of television, insulting and berating others and their works, but HEAVEN FORBID that anyone criticize them or their /tpg/ cultists! They'll call you ''LYNCHED'' if they catch a whiff of dissatisfaction. It's amazing how creatively lazy /tpg/ has become. They were better when The Return was airing. Now they can sit on their fat asses, drink Pursued by Bear Wine and David Lynch Signature Cup coffee and post the same stale-ass memes every day. david lunch lol

Attached: david lynchh.png (640x443, 348K)

What do you think of /tp/ - Twin Peaks? Should Yea Forums use it instead to rehabilitate the twin peaks threads?

can i skip season 2 to watch it?

No

You need to watych the first X episodes(until they arrest the evil guy) and the ending. But just watch it all, why not?

I forgot to add, you can get away with what i said, but you will miss some bits.

Once you watched EVERYTHING and understood EVERYTHING then and only then you can skip the filler

Maddy cause she was underaged

Pretty sure she was older than Laura. She had her own apartment and a job, after all

Attached: 1503207088961.jpg (753x1080, 132K)

The second season is very good until the reveal which is like 7 episodes in I think, and then it gets to genuinely unwatchable garbage until close to the finale, which is a masterpiece of an episode. The finale is some of the best TP content to date. There's still good stuff throughout the later part of the season too, the "garbage" description is and isn't an exaggeration - some parts are really skippable even on your first watch unless you enjoy watching shit completely devoid of any value whatsoever with the name "Twin Peaks" slapped on it - and then a lot of it is decent. But you'll probably figure it out for yourself.
Also, you need to watch the movie, Fire Walk With Me. It's also a masterpiece.

stop recommending this to people, skipping episodes is retarded and will just confuse people new to the show.

I recommended he watches it all though.

The FWWM theme song sets the tone for the entire series. Who else agrees?

yeah ok fair enough i misread your post a bit.

You could say that, yeah. I love it.

I watched season 1 and did not understand much but still liked it. is that normal ?

Call me a faggot, but trust your gut when you want to make something weird. And don't focus on making it weird so much as not worrying about if other people think it is weird.

>[Leland] did nothing wrong. it was all bob

This always strikes me as an extremely literal reading of a film directed by a guy who's all about symbol and dream-logic. BOB, at least in FWWM, is a clear metaphor for Lynch's "the horrific lurking under the mundane" motif -- this idea of child abuse hiding under the facade of a normal suburban family, and the two-faced nature of abusers.

>Freshly squeezed

Except we very clearly see that the Experiment --i.e. the weird floating thing that gave birth to Bob; i.e. JUDY -- is sitting inside of Sarah Palmer's head. The jumping man is probably just another incarnation of Judy.

Attached: judy.jpg (808x455, 33K)

Yea i love it too, the saxophone version is even more soul crushing imo.
Yup it’s normal. It happened to me but i really liked the cooper/harry broship dynamic so i kept watching. Im glad i did, you will too. By the end, everything will make sense to a certain extent; season 3 is a real treat.

When do we see that?

Look closely at the scene where Sarah Palmer is in the bar. I believe it's episode 14. When Sarah opens her face you can clearly see the mouth-blade that the Experiment used to slice up those lovers in episode 1 lash out twice (pic related). Harder to make out, but before the face splits into that toothy grin you can kind of make out the experiment's face (that vacant hole where the mouth should be) and antennae (only appears for a split second; you can see it in my earlier screencap).

If the Experiment is Judy, and the Experiment is residing within Sarah Palmer... do the math.

Attached: blade thing.jpg (1616x908, 86K)

fuck I thought she was younger then laura. wiki confims she was older and 20yo
well still qt

I'm gonna laugh when I fuck you, bitch

post your episode
s02e07 for me

Probably the Woodsmen. She seemed aware that reality could change around her like a dream, maybe that occurs when the Woodsmen appear. Dougie Jones Creampie

TPG is truly the best that /tv has to offer.

Friendly reminder that it's been confirmed that Eddie Vedder recorded a song that plays during the Twin Peaks finale. It confirms Agent Cooper never gets his mind back. (Pic is evil Cooper)
Listen youtu.be/pXth84G7dkM

Attached: 1501634315098.jpg (1200x907, 336K)

Subconsciously

Attached: 1501395010957.jpg (1000x563, 350K)

Genuinely brings a tear to my eye

Attached: 1500297941456.png (1280x720, 1.56M)

you mean

youtube.com/watch?v=AYOXAhd-HQQ

Lynch is so fucking good.
Some next level shit.

Attached: 1501398321844 (1).jpg (1000x563, 316K)

The World Spins...

Attached: julee cruise.jpg (600x452, 30K)

Attached: 1500845249350.png (670x502, 519K)

Attached: 1501395485921 (1).jpg (1920x1080, 1.05M)

Great track fits the series nicely. The band isn’t even real. It’s the most kino outro track of the show. Reminds me of swans, somewhat.

kino

Attached: Dale Cooper 2x07.png (800x599, 399K)

my favourite song

Attached: edd.jpg (941x618, 126K)

same lad

This is legit the funniest shit to come out of /tpg/ what a stupid thing

after Sycamore Trees
youtube.com/watch?v=2vOg0HyJpvI

youtube.com/watch?v=qJbbEAUXy_g

Dixie.

I remember when I first heard that song. I had just watched episode 3 and was searching for more music from the show. I found The World Spins and thought it was one of the most beautiful things I had ever heard. Couldn't wait to hear it played in the show. Was not disappointed.

s2e2

Is the straight story surreal at all?

Earle was stupid but I’m upset he’s not even mentioned in S3

Nope.

That's kind of the point.

The black eyes were the best part of his design. I wish he was in it more his character seems pointless

TELL ME ABOUT JUDY

She's the primordial feminine maternal spirit of creative potential, upset at the actualization of a reality and its consequent maturation and destruction of alternative potentiality.

This is embodied in Sarah Palmer through the loss of her daughter.

The Return resolves this conflict through the ritualistic salvation of Laura, "returning" her to Judy, and creating a new open ended reality where anything could happen.

Attached: 1495813866727.jpg (750x1182, 358K)

sorry but what's the deal with that?

Attached: 1501445340212.jpg (532x759, 487K)

The spirits of the lodge openly use a lot of hermetic imagery.
The emerald tablet is a hermetic alchemical ritual utility.
Specifically, the ring itself is made from an emerald table in the space above the convenience store.

That her secret hiding place resembles both an emerald phallus and a flame is likely intentional.

It's a reference to GoT's wildfire, google blackwater's battle.

>Phillip Jeffries hides behind the wall of a hotel room.
phillipjeffries.com/

Absolute kino

She looks nice in everything

Something i noticed, in that same scene after the shit in my pants part the guy says “are you the man” but in spanish it sounds like he says “ayudame” which translates to “help me”. Just thought i would point that out.

>“ayudame
This is what he said.

Attached: 478983024799342.png (587x62, 24K)

Can I choose FWWM me instead?

Sheryl deserved an Oscar for her work in that, in my honest opinion

link pls

Attached: dougie's coffee.png (1280x720, 1.02M)

Does Yea Forums know about Lynch' upcoming movie with bald Dern?

so did Leland abuse Laura because of BOB or was BOB attracted to the existing cycle of rape

which came first, the chicken or the egg

Allegedly, BOB entered Leland when he was a kid by means of Leland's neighbour out by the lake

Entered Leland in the spiritual sense as in possession or entered Leland in the physical sense as in by forcible rape?

Not the guy you asked but presumably both imo. There’s very little gradation between the two in Lynch’s vision.

youtube.com/watch?v=2ngt9ttV7jY

holyshit this was the moment that made twin peaks timeless

It’s twin peaks season 4 Linda takes her wig off

bump

bump

How come he doesn't put cream or sugar in his coffee

youtube.com/watch?v=MvCp0XtXYXw

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 10K)

nah she's loyal to her (black) husband

Attached: CiiBISEVAAAZn5g.jpg (500x500, 68K)

me on the left

is that morpheus