The Expanse

Redpill me on this show, any good? what does Yea Forums think of it?

Attached: download.jpg (800x600, 384K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qL6UlySo3-M
youtu.be/K7HexX3Oxso
denofgeek.com/us/tv/the-expanse/273399/the-expanse-season-4-release-date-and-other-news
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Garbage, it's literally R*ddit In Space The Series, the creators are cucks who hate white men and wanted a diverse cast with lots of strong powerful females

I was skeptical at first, very skeptical, but it actually grew on me. To each his own.

>the Mars super-soldier chica stuffing her face with cucumbers was cutesch

>what does Yea Forums think of it?
They need to make more of it

It's pretty good but for some reason it feels like they rebooted it in the second half of Season 3, which sucks.

Watch Dark Matter instead

oh hoh hey, hey there hoss!

Attached: 55070016.png (880x583, 889K)

Ive seen all of Star Trek, B5, BSG, Stargate etc etc and i believe its the best currently running sci fi space show

Attached: Expanse season 1.jpg (3000x1687, 1.19M)

I dropped it shortly once they started pulling GoT style deviations from the source material. Plus the Belters all had a nigger attitude which is just tiring.

>future
>women still have human rights

>It's pretty good but for some reason it feels like they rebooted it in the second half of Season 3
They started on the new book Abbadon's gate, similarly with new chapter in s2e6 and season 4 will be a new chapter too

Attached: Expanse season 2.jpg (3000x1687, 968K)

Drummer is qt as fuck. Also based.
Amos is absurdly based and might be the best character on television.
Ashford is awesome.

Jim and Naomi are bad characters played by bad actors.

Attached: 96222714a1258066be9f626ca7ffa054.gif (268x268, 2.4M)

You have 10 seconds to cast Duarte.

Stannis

are they hot at least?

>in the future brown people are poor, criminals, and cant speak proper english
goddamn those sjw's how dare they show the future like this

It’s good. It’s multi racial but that’s part of the story instead of arbitrary for “diversity”

>future
>white people still exist

I can only suspend my disbelief so far

>Something bad happens in space

Attached: martians.jpg (1628x916, 238K)

This tileset is outdated

Attached: 1526817911285.jpg (1800x1800, 538K)

But they really haven’t it’s been pretty faithful

They cut out some stuff with beheamoth in season 3 because they thought it might not get a season 4 and they had to wrap it up

Reporter girl was hot as fuck in the last season.

i think that if they dont make the entire book cibola burns, a 2 parter episode, and make it a full season, that it will be the last season of the expanse. it literally takes place 95% on a muddy planet with poisonous slugs, the main antagonist is a security guard and his 3 henchmen. the other 5% are james going on an alien subway and the martian pilot orbiting the planet while waiting for his buddies on the ground. it was so fucking boring

Attached: 1530282722617.webm (852x480, 2.45M)

big schnozzle on her tho

Attached: 1528428511819.webm (1280x720, 968K)

Drummer is my waifu

Attached: 1492338077287.jpg (1080x1440, 158K)

Attached: 1527358526611.png (800x600, 369K)

They are going to combine Marco and Duarte

Yeah hopefully they do both Illum and babylons ashes at the same time

Tbhq they could make them a split story with both happening at the same time.

Have Naiomi and Amos in sol dealing with the rocks and Marco and James and Alex/Bobby on illum working that shit out

Then meet up for the final showdown and the Duarte(Marco) rebellion to Laconia as a finale

Multiple pov's from earth, behemoth and mars so no doubt there will be things from the sequential books ahead.

Attached: 67u564344.jpg (615x546, 58K)

belters aren't any more or less brown than earthers or martians

is this show spacekino?

its the only scifi show worth watching, ignore all the race baiters they do it in every expanse thread

yes
youtube.com/watch?v=qL6UlySo3-M

>I'd spin her drum

>every series ever is reddit garbage
sad opinion my man

Attached: 1557479077633.jpg (475x475, 43K)

the expanse, battlestar galactica, farscape and trek TNG are the only true space kinos so far. dont@me you stargate scrubs

>detective hatman's sidekick getting moby dicked into a wall
>faithful
Pic related was mfw

Attached: 1557106142290.jpg (345x378, 45K)

Tried to give it a chance and the benefit of the doubt because it got shilled here so much. I watched half of season one before dropping it, around the time Amazon saved it from cancellation. I decided to rewatch it last month using Prime. I managed to get to episode 5 of season two before dropping it again, the episode in the image. I came on Yea Forums that day and some slack jawed retard made a thread claiming the episode Miller dies, and the one I dropped it at was "a masterpiece" and "the greatest episode of any television show, ever". What a fucking joke of a show.

Attached: joe-miller-and-julie-mao-on-the-expanse.jpg (1300x650, 87K)

first 2 season are so good I actually bought the books
later season feel shit for some reason though

i think locke might be able to pull off a decent duarte

Attached: john-locke-lost.jpg (618x412, 107K)

Too bad you cant enjoy something others can

Attached: 1527018947096.png (430x448, 205K)

disgusting

Attached: 1529165491290.webm (332x310, 44K)

*emotes*

Attached: 1529299549650.jpg (480x477, 58K)

There are other low budget, badly acted tv shows I could be watching.

Oh please dude that wasn’t a big deal, Miller’s partner was a minor character in 1 book

Good for you, me and the other guys will be here shilling for Expanse

Attached: 6786767.png (1280x720, 1014K)

Cringe.

Attached: shadman expanse.webm (768x432, 190K)

He comes back in book 4 tho.

>not liking the best episode and objectively great ending to an interesting arch

Joyless cunt

Attached: 57F70BD5-BE07-4AA1-8D13-9BF710A44973.gif (323x224, 984K)

they've already replaced him in the show, the actor couldn't film because he was busy with another show

>Miller’s partner was a minor character in 1 book
I see you haven't read Cibola Burn, brainlet

They thought it was the end so they rushed the slow zone storyline

And he survived the most dicking so he still can

prax was shit in the books, they improved him a lot in the show. i liked him so much i want him to have more screen time and possibly even join the crew.

Tbhq I don’t even remeber him
In cibola burns. That book was forgettable outside of the protonolcule shot with Elvi and Holden at the end

based hoss poster

Hope we get a close up pov of the inside of the martian domes in future episodes

Attached: 677874676.jpg (593x337, 110K)

>tng
>kino

There's a hook on your lip

he's the security guy on the earth ship, he ends up helping naomi in the end and starts fucking with his own crew

Did i stutter, you little shit?

we get a ground pov of mars in book 5, alex goes back to mars and meets up with his ex wife, meets durate, and then goes to see bobby. i don't remember if he goes to a dome or not, i think he spends most of it in the tunnels

maybe he's a bit too old now though

Attached: olmos.jpg (1553x2048, 617K)

>farscape and trek TNG
thats gonna be a big no thanks buddy

Attached: 1448313362545.gif (380x285, 1.97M)

so say we all

Alex is such a good boy

Attached: 45645667.png (1271x710, 1000K)

Dark Matter is better, stop whining cunts.

Also the only space kino is Firefly

Attached: firefly_cast_reuniting_for_firefly_online_heres_what_they_look_like_now.0.jpg (1200x800, 157K)

he's way too old now, he would have been perfect around the time bsg ended though

Bobby will probably be on Mars this season if the interviews are to be trusted.

i tried watching dark matter and it was a generic piece of shit with a decent waifu

popcorn sci fi no thanks cheese farts

>josh wheaton

Two and Five are undeniable hotties. The only fuckable women on the Expanse is Drummer and maybe that thicc Martian girl with the accent.

I enjoyed Dark Matter but it was low effort, generic syfy trash.

expanse has plenty of background hotties

Attached: 15101653_1781858782062757_529434691523051520_n.jpg (480x480, 23K)

It's fucking great. Watching it for the second time now before season 4.

Attached: pepemolecule.jpg (800x800, 301K)

>tfw no belter gf

What's a good sci-fi/space kino to get into while I wait on new series of Expanse?

Expanse is about as good as I've seen other than TNG. Surely there's something else out there ready to blow my mind.

bsg

star wars :^)

Babylon 5
Buck rogers in the 25th century

Its bretty gud, gets praised too much tho, the ayys are ridiculous, the combat scenes and overall design are awesome.

Like the early seasons of game of thrones expanse that's always get ruined by bookfags. If anyone tries to speculate about what might happen bookfags take that as an excuse to post spoilers

why not just read the books, are you a baby that cant read?

except the showrunners took it upon themselves to spoil show only people by dropping Naomi has a kid 3 books too early

>the ayys are ridiculous
There are no ayys m8

Read a book nigga

Good call, but already seen this and neglected to mention it.

>combine Marco and Duarte

Quickest way to kill the whole fucking series

Kino.

>The last space kino was bsg
>We literally have ONE sci fi kino by decade
It fucking hurts.

Why? It would tighten it up

Anyone in here tried Nightflyers?

Production value looks solid at least.

I actually liked that. The books seemed to hide her Belter woke side and kid for such a long time, only hinting at it despite belter racism being such a theme until Babylon’s ashes. Kinda kit me a bit out of now where when I originally read it

I like the space pirates
youtu.be/K7HexX3Oxso

I hope they get more budget/time to get the CGI just right. Some scenes in S3 were very poorly rendered.

Attached: image.jpg (480x480, 232K)

>female super soldier
I fucking cringe every time I see this trope. You don't make super soldiers out of women unless they're supposed to reproduce asexually, and even then that's not women because they're technically a sexless species. Men are larger, better built for combat, don't have a gaping infection waiting to happen between their legs and most of all equally available for genetic engineering.
>b-b-but muh warrior race
If you can gene-edit a whole race into existence you can sure as fuck just birth them from cloning machines. Even if that wasn't an option, the women would never be soldiers because they're worse in every way that matters.
Yes I am fucking mad.

Attached: 1552528922860.jpg (428x424, 16K)

It looked great.
It was pure shit.

Have sex.

Dilate

Bobbie is literally 2 meters high and weighs 100 kilos, why wouldn't you want that shit in your army?

Are they really going with the diverse cast for politically correct reasons though? Honestly thought it was because they were going for a more realistic take, with all the easy immigration we have in the world now it seems likely that the average person will be more mixed 100s of years from now.

She’s a giant Samoan bitch that had a robot suite to help her

I just don’t think the character would flow together well in a cohesive way. Duarte’s supposed to be a tactical genius who engineered the biggest heist in centuries with a grand overarching plan for the whole human race. Marco is a hot head belter revolutionary with a Martian Sugar Daddy who wants to shape the solar system for the belters via forced reparations. The two characters motivations are pretty different and I doubt the could be combined in a way that doesn’t butcher them and the themes they had in the books.

I read the first novel, it was fucking based. Like two books in one: detective stuff and cool submarine warfare. (Except in space, but you get the idea.)

>Garbage, it's literally R*ddit In Space
Seek therapy.

If the FUCKING WOMEN are that large then the men would be even LARGER, not to mention inherently less valuable due to how reproduction works. It's not a fucking matter of making the women yuge roided out musclechicks, it's fucking practicality and cost-effectiveness. The trope is totally retarded when talking about anything remotely humanlike. I won't even go into how the differences in psychology mean that even if they're in powered armor or whatever the men are STILL the better choice, because I don't even have to to make my point.

Just starting episode 3. Not really liking the story so far, it's filled with a lot of tropes and seems kind of cringe. I'm basically just watching the show for the sets and concepts at this point. Will the story get any better from here?

>Mars has a population of 4 billion to earths 30.

>not wanting a 2 meters 100kg+ Saoman Amazon in your army when you have such a shit man power pool to draw from compared to earth.

It makes sense story wise.

Everyone in the show matches their race from the book, Naiomi is supposed to be even More of a mutt but I guess they couldn’t find any good looking black/Asian chicks

The books gives peope races based on where certain populations immigrated too in the lore, bunch of poo and Pacific Islanders moved to mars and developed a Texan style drawl

>If the FUCKING WOMEN are that large then the men would be even LARGER
The women aren't that large, THIS WOMAN is. Are you retarded?

Attached: visible confusion.jpg (348x342, 17K)

Read nigger, read

I’ve always taken the cliches as part and parcel for the story. The name their ship the Rocinante even. You should expect the Quixotic platitudes it presents.

>If there is a big chick, everyone must me big

Attached: visible confusion.webm (502x510, 61K)

Episode 4 is kind of the big first episode in regards to shit actually taking off.
Then it cools off for a little while again, and then shit gets real in the last couple episodes.
Season 2 and 3 are way better imo. 1 is good for worldbuilding and Miller though.

>super soldier race with extreme genetic variance
OH LOOK ANOTHER STUPID TROPE THAT MAKES NO SENSE WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT WOULD BE HERE? For fuck's sake can sci-fi writers get their dicks out of their hands and use their brains for one god damned second so they don't look stupid? Fuck.

And read Not all women are that large. This one is.

If you haven't changed your mind by S2E05 just quit the show.

Stop defending shit writing.

Where the fuck did you read Mars was a super warrior race you retard? There are just patriots with a hard-on for bleeding edge weaponry and a vision for a green Mars.

Reminder he did absolutely nothing wrong.

Attached: S3-DavidStrathairn_as_KlaesAshford.jpg (980x1080, 245K)

Total garbage.

She’s described and considerd a freak for he size and strength for a woman.

She’s basically Brienne if Tarth in space

infact ashford did everything right

Attached: 4567568747.jpg (1280x720, 139K)

>Mars
>super soldier race
user they just have power armor

Attached: 1436025622948.png (359x414, 152K)

They're gene edited, are they not? If you're gene-editing people and allowing huge variances you're fucking stupid or the victim of some midwit's poor writing.
READ NIGGER READ READ IT AGAIN

god damn, tell this is an important part of the show.

No, but its a good episode

It’s not shit writing. The make a point to say how much of a monster of a women she is compared to EVERYONE repeatedly. And only she is that monstrous. You just can’t see past your autism apparently and read that.

>Did you think i was going to start a mutiny?
BASED

READ YOU FUCKING ILLITERATE MONKEY NIGGER READ

No they aren’t gene edited. She’s always described as just an absolute freak of nature from a group of people (Samoans) who are known for being large.

>They're gene edited, are they not?
No they're not you moron. Where did you get the idea?

Attached: ss (2017-04-28 at 08.14.29).jpg (188x203, 15K)

fornicate

it's sad but the truth and you know it

You read nig. You’re wrong. Go shit up another thread with your autist ramblings

You cannot reason with feminized men that have giantess fetishes. Obviously women are useless in combat, you gotta just say sci fi lol.

I don’t follow what the fuck is your issue ?

Bobby is supposed to be an absolute freak of nature nothing about her is because she’s Martian and she is only as strong as she is in low G, on earth she’s way weaker

Where did this influx of plebs come from?

Attached: Protomiller.png (475x503, 243K)

When does season 4 air? Couldn't find anything online.

Oh look its /pol.
How the hell did they breach containment?

later this year

Fall or winter.

its probably going to come out before the end of the year

/pol/ has been in refugee mode ever since drumph

>Get told
>Leave thread
Oh nononono

Im full /pol/ and I love the show and books becuase it doesn’t pretend like ethnicity and race don’t exist, they are in fact very prominent themes in the story and people’s racial and ethnic features are commented on quite a bit.

Diversity isn’t a problem when its their efor a purpose and not just to fit with whatever current fleeting social convention demands

I honestly hope that in 200 years people finally stop caring about race.

Good news is the books kinda makes a point about that. No one really cares about the color of your skin anymore. It’s about being born on a planet or not.

In 200 years we'll all be either dead or fighting off some extremely advanced alien race. Your wish might just come true either way.

Humans will never be truly unified.

We have allegiances that broaden as you go up

Family-community (tribe)- city/region - nation (ethnicity) - racial

Peope naturally form these groups and until there is a greater threat they treat eachother as others, back in olden days clans would attack eachother, eventually those clans encounter other peoples and band together into nations and tribes for mutual bennifit

Until humans as a whole have a Non-human entity to unify against we will. Or get over it.

And even if that were to happen we would still have racial and ethnic tensions they just wouldn’t be as important

>extremely advanced alien race
We call them Chinese user

>No one really cares about the color of your skin anymore. It’s about being born on a planet or not.
potato, potato

We will, because in 200 years it'll either be whites and Asians, Asians, or planet of the apes

> a series with trans dimensional matter eating aliens and space travel through flood virus constructed portals

>reeeeee women are stronger than me and are useless. This is unrealistic!

Please have sex

The chinese will be the one saving the planet

Attached: 283202R1.jpg (1000x1500, 84K)

>Please have sex with drummer
ftfy

Attached: spinthedrummer.webm (768x576, 1.97M)

the chinese can't even save their own rivers

>tfw no skinny bossy belter gf to dominate me

WHY LIVE

maybe the rivers didn't deserve to be saved

Just wait m8

she's not yours, she's mine. go away

Attached: spindadroomer.webm (480x480, 1014K)

Why is she so sexy, like she’s actually kind weird looking but something about here is so qt

Eurasian esthetics

Attached: D4I9t_PWkAA0UmF.jpg (746x971, 95K)

This. Duarte is actually intelligent as hell and Marco or whatever is just kind of a charismatic revolutionary type.

it's that constant look on her face like she's about to step on your balls

theres something about her face that makes her look different in every photo. this pic doesnt even look like the same person

Attached: czytoclmcsr01.jpg (480x720, 35K)

Dominic West

It's fucking great and I hope Amazon don't ruin it, however Bezos bought it due to being a huge space enthusiast with his own plans for solar dominion and is also fan of the show.

She's first nations, if I remember right.

Got one for S3?

>Eurasian
She's (apparently) native Canadian.

GIMME BELTER GF

Yep

Attached: season 3.jpg (2880x1620, 2.17M)

Amazon won't be directly involved with the show.

belter girls belong to earth boys, belter peepees are probably long and thin, earth peepees are medium and thicc

and they are of Eurasian descent

Makes sense since I think they film in Vancouver

I'd fuck every single one, but then again I'm HORNY AND LONELY.

Attached: 1553440694545.gif (404x347, 1003K)

She’s a changeling

Following this trend, the planetary feuds in Expanse, Red Faction, and similar worlds makes sense. You could continue the trend outwards to have a united Sol system that looks down on or despises human colonies in other star systems. You would think that, should humans ever even meet alien civilizations, that this trend would naturally extend to the point where all of humanity is united, because the outgroup would no longer be other people but instead be the xenos. One could hope, I suppose.

That’s not true amazon purchases the show from Alcom and hosts it just like syfy did, they absolutely have a say in how it runs and how much money they get to spend on production

racemixed (((belter))) gets cucked, tries to go through portal on superspeed and triggers the end of the world

IMO that’s how it will work.

Especially as early colonization will be so slow that humans on colony worlds will begin to adapt and change forming new physical traits as they adapt to new levels of gravity, food, atmosphere whatever on alien worlds.

she cheats and leaves her boyfriend, to win those sweet titties back he comes up with a plan to become famous

I really enjoyed it until Yea Forums told me it was cucked and rebbit

You were watching Discovery, mate.

evolution can take a bunch of twists and turns, the next season kind of touches on some of that and what happens when you try to survive on a planet that your species did not evolve on

>browsing Yea Forums in the first place
You deserved it.

One of the rare case about the show being superior the book. Book ashford is a fucking clown.

Farscape

I actually like that in the books, how people move to new planets and have to ship on earth species because biologies aren’t very compatible[\spoiler]

Beautiful thanks user!
God I love this show.

Attached: The Expanse- Martian republic.jpg (1920x1080, 290K)

i felt like an idiot when i was reading that book because i never thought about that and it makes complete sense that it would be exactly like that.

Ted Bundy had the same effect in every photo taken.
Chameleon like abilities.

peak cringe

Show Ashford is practically the polar opposite of Book Ashford.

That's why he's so based.

>spoonfeed me Yea Forums
go back to plebbit

Attached: 1423101203543.jpg (523x592, 65K)

trying too hard

So they gonna ditch Havelock? Who will replace him? And what about Basia?

The show is better than late season GOT by a country mile.

The books are good too. Going of that previous GOT comparison, I honestly like them better then GOT because they’re not needlessly veribose and he writers can finish a story. All in good sci fi though

I legit just marathoned the 3 seasons in the last week or so and the show was literally "ok".

I didnt hate it but i dont understand the whole uproar that took the web when it got canceled besides that the season 3 ending was pretty good imo.

Amos > everybody else.

I’m betting they skip or severely shorten Cibola burn. I think if the writers are clever, they can jump straight to Babylon’s ashes via giving a filler episode showing the effects of colonization on sol.

No details out yet on Havelock, but here's your Murtry.

I for one am ok with this.

Missing pic buddy

FOOKIN LEGEND

How isnt there more Thicc memes about the MARTine chick ?

Wheres my fooking legend pic

Fookin forgot my image.

People got mad because literally the only other options for tv sci-fi are The Orville and STD.

Attached: Fookin-Burn-Gorman.jpg (800x533, 41K)

JOI vs CEI

Attached: 5674563463.jpg (638x380, 92K)

>fookin legend is Murty

I’m ok with this

>you are now reading this in her voice

>you know who

Because THICC and HUEG are two different fetishes, my fellow belter loader.

guud little boi

Attached: 1532427472573.gif (480x270, 2.02M)

I cant fucking wait for S4. Do you know any other sci fi books that could make another based sci fi show ?

yes they ditched havelock, they replaced him with a new female character. this show is giving me a brown girl kink

denofgeek.com/us/tv/the-expanse/273399/the-expanse-season-4-release-date-and-other-news

Attached: the-expanse-season-4-adds-to-cast (1).jpg (446x299, 24K)

Also did Amos actually get a similar procedure to the protomolecule expert to remove his empathy?

I mean the show seems to imply he didnt , and that however little empathy he has he resents it.

Then in one of the last season he always seem even more "separated" from feelings?
I thought that they would eventually show that he got the procedure done offscreen or something.

English is not my first language etc.

Attached: Amos Burton Tabitha Drambel.jpg (600x519, 30K)

I thought Havelock was a decent character, was looking forward for them to revisit it at some point.

>Also did Amos actually get a similar procedure to the protomolecule expert to remove his empathy?
No, he grew up in a shithole, got raped and turned into a prostitute then later a gang leader iirc, all in all making him what he is

>Also did Amos actually get a similar procedure to the protomolecule expert to remove his empathy?
no, he was a child prostitute and it messed him up and turned him into a psycho

The author is kind of a cunt, but the Old Man's War universe would make for a great bit of kino.

I'd also love to see somebody make The Unincorporated Man into a series, but I highly doubt any studio would want to touch that one.

The Orville is kino

the first 3 books of old man's war would be serious television space kino. kind of a shame it all goes to shit after that

No, Amos is a sociopath by circumstance, which ironically, is why he still has a little bit of humanity.

are you saying she's a psycho serial killer?

They find technology capable of rearranging reality and matter and energy during humanity's great water shortage and never think to hydrogenate oxygen.

Thats what i thought , that he was just cynical etc but in the last season it seemed like they were actually pushing that angle more, i might have been overreaching.

Nah, he’s just all types of fucked up from his childhood. It’s why he has his whole protect children thing.

Here's your Elvie.

Don't forget to compliment her about having a big brain.

Attached: lyndiegreenwood.jpg (748x1024, 166K)

writer oopsied that one id imagine

id still love her

Attached: 8e8.png (509x619, 8K)

Hi

hi fren

Id fug

i am making it my mission to bang a brown girl before the expanse ends

Based and beltapilled

Attached: 1528268930403.jpg (1080x1080, 1.79M)

I believe in you

>m...mommy

who is this guy?

Attached: 20190511_841269289.gif (250x140, 898K)

godspeed, user.

drummer? drummer who?

Attached: MV5BMzg0NTgzMjQ4OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTc1NDI0NjE@._V1_.jpg (466x618, 181K)

No, he grew up around niggers

Its Holden isn't it?

It is

Melba’s hotter

Im a Julie guy myself

Attached: 1528221936232.jpg (1920x1080, 160K)

Melba a cute

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Attached: 20190511_841269289.jpg (1920x1080, 231K)

thanks for that, /pol/

would you follow drummer?

Attached: 987001003104 .jpg (1920x1080, 222K)

>banged a brown girl before
>not an Asian chick though

REEEE I WANT ME DRUMMER GF

I stopped after the first major arc, is it still good afterwards?

If id eat her ass im sure i would follow her yes

drummer is first nations, sweetie

Still want to though

Aids in space deu

the musical

>R*ddit In Space
>belters are routinely shown to be every bit the uncivilized moronic animals everyone else thinks they are

Farscape and BSG happened in the same decade, so I wouldn't rule out having multiple kinos in 20's.
Plus there was Dark Matter this decade. it was sadly cancelled but I quite enjoyed what little we got. The trend seems to be: one major show that captivates a huge audience, and one minor show that has a troubled production and is either cancelled too early or has to rush to its conclusion leaving the last stretch a mangled mess.

she's too old to have kids and she's a lesbian anyway

knowing what the belters are going to do soon makes it even more hilarious. you think you hate them now? oh boy

Rufus Sewell

DETECTIVE
MY OFFICE

>Marco “crashing

>Marco “crashing this planet with no survivors” Inaros

>Game of Thrones
>IN SPACE

That was the best. Honestly the martian girl is horrible for most of the series, she just can't sell the tough hardass thing they were going for. She's way better in that small part where she's crisjen's escort and actually laughs and shit.

It’s funny cause the Whole Expanse book series can fit into the time period that it’s taken so far for That fat hack to put out one book

that incredulously high g ass tho

i literally imagined the character to look this way when i read the book.

>That fat hack
The Stephen Hawking to come (just not in a sexy way)

>t. wheelchair bound

based and *emotes*pilled

Attached: 1528775927099.jpg (1600x900, 120K)

so say we all

Attached: fat lee.gif (350x197, 1.55M)

i imagined her as a japanese girl
i think i may have brain damage

It started out as this kind-of-cool future war show but then came some blue guys and then there was a prophecy or something and I lost the plot completely in season 3, which sucked balls.

Shame.

Architect: the Series

Nigga stop smoking weed when you watch a show.

She supposed to be Nigerian lmao

SHUT UP

How fragile can one race of men be?

Best Qt?

Hard mode: no Drummer

The Tachi ofc.

Amos

whoa hold on there partner, its legitimate salvage

Attached: 1528270157088.jpg (1200x799, 170K)

It causes humanity to spread to other systems and make a lot of babies

Holden pls go

book bobbie

>2+ meter tall
>gunnery Sergent
>has actual skills based on her military training
>has a massive outdated armored exoskeleton that murders everything.
>has a slight temper, but mainly PTSD after ayylmao rapes through her entire unit including space tanks
>is muscle bound

show bobbie

>small
>not muscle bound
>super ninja
>super accurate
>armored battle suit looks dumb, with cgi rockets and shit
>some how stronger than exoskeleton death suit.
>HUR DUR EARTH BAD!

Attached: bobbie_draper_by_jujufei_d9rnrd7-fullview.jpg (1024x1701, 130K)

her body is good but that fucking hair. she needs to let it grow out she looks 10x better

Attached: f3e23cfb2df77669e85fa4a4a225b264--dominique-tipper-natural-hairstyles.jpg (236x362, 15K)

mommy Ana

How they gonna explain her leaving without holden though? Her not wanting to tell him is why she snuck away before

im guessing they'll make it dramatic and he will kidnap her or something like that

>my kids in trouble Holden I need to go
>ok I’ll help
>no I have to do it myself
>ok I love you go

Never watched this show because all the women are so ugly

Miller disappearing is the worst

what the fuck did you just say you little bitch?

Attached: NUP_179022_0532_FULL.jpg (1000x667, 86K)

This isn’t fucking warhammer you retard /pol/fag, it’s just a big chick in a robot suit

It's cliche as fuck and the people who wrote the books are among the worst living SF writers, fuck reddit

fucking love his character

hard to cast things this series has in it. i think they did a decent job with her dimensions at least. the belters aren't cast nearly as well aside from a few of them in the earlier seasons like the dude in the water torture tank. Naomi should be really tall and lanky as shit. Dominique Tipper is very charming though.

>Trash actors
>Trash characters
>Trash plot
>Trash dialogue

>Trash taste

>>Trash actors

Attached: hahhahah.gif (540x300, 1.31M)

It’s written to be Don Quixote in space with Ayys and racism. What did you expect?

This is true. Reddit singlehandedly saved the Expanse from getting cancelled.

Attached: E2CF0430-9E70-4807-86FD-B2734ED9DA29.jpg (304x304, 12K)

>It’s written to be Don Quixote in space
No, it makes reference to Don Quixote instead of giving Holden proper characterization. He named his ship Rocinante because he's never had an original thought in his life (and neither have the people writing him!).

this, belta titties and Julie are the only 3 really attractive ones in the whole show

name a better currently running sci fi show.

I like Anna.

they wasted money on cgi missles just to introduce her when they could have made the armored space battle suit not look like generic trash.

I can forgive martians not being over 2 meters tall for almost all adults or even belters being taller still. I just hate terrible writing we are getting. I've seen a much better show with a much better book get ruined in a very similar way.

>insignificant lesbian preacher in books
>massively significant and central role in show

>all villians dumbed down
>constipation man doing dumb things
>don't think about it bro moments more frequently.

Attached: Expanse future.jpg (1200x800, 152K)

anna is not insignificant in the books, she's a pov character, she's just not a very good pov character.

>Diverse cast
>Miller, Holden, Amos and that Martian pilot dude are all white
There was one black woman in the main characters' ship, how dare they.

she's 50 though

Her literal use in the book is to POV events and actual characters like peaches.

She could literally be replaced with an documentary crew and have the same affect on the plot.

she's incredibly boring in the books and they had to either totally cut her, or give her something more to do

>It's good because it's currently airing

ARCHITECT? Where my plump space maidens be at?

Attached: the Architect.jpg (1078x1666, 483K)

And?

>not picking up that Holden is a Quixote insert riding his spaceship Rocinante as they tilt their windmills of humanity’s base cruel natures.

I could be a brainlet, but writing Holden to be a 1D moral Boy Scout riding the Rocinante through space as he fights seems intentional. I mean it’s over the top in how it is.

Whether or not they intended to make him 1-dimensional, he's still a 1-dimensional and fundamentally uninteresting character.

A backwater preacher who lives in the middle of nowhere. That only got picked up with the UN fleet, because they didn't have a representative of her religion on board. That only is tolerated on board the Ayy Lmao mission to placate some religous people back on Earth.

Vs

A super important hippy that has the direct ear of the most powerful elected man on earth. Who will be pivotal in preventing war.

>man I know there is a difference somewhere in there. I sure hope this doesn't end up like game of thones with Yas Queen Slayyyy

Attached: 1534562496414.jpg (1920x1200, 107K)

To be fair, if the show had treated religion as fairly as the books did, it would have lost its Reddit viewers pretty quickly.

they're both pretty shit, but at least she has something to do in the show. in the books she just stuns peaches and then gets tilly to buy the roci