HBO's The Sporanos

Recommend a better show. You just can't.

Attached: Dasoppies.jpg (259x194, 14K)

The Signal, a Korean drama
It’s probably the best piece of written piece in any medium ever

Attached: F1849BA6-BA52-4D78-93FD-6E8AB59A4710.jpg (740x1070, 147K)

Mad Men

Only two that come close are Deadwood and Mad Men. Shout out to Rome as well.

BSG 2004
Narcos
Bosch

Attached: stds9.jpg (692x530, 73K)

Sopranos >>>>>>>>> Deadwood > Boardwalk Empire >> The Wire >>> everything else

here's seven:
>The wire
>I love lucy
>Mad Men
>Deadwood
>Six feet under
>Game of thrones
>The twilight zone

The Wire > Sopranos.
The wire is just better in every way.

Lol no. Wire is good but not that good

only answer

At our age, it’s enough of a surprise just to wake up in the morning

Actually it is that good. Sopranos is just about italian american being fat and angry psychos. The Wire touches upon so many different problems that are still as relevant as they were back then. It shows the ugly and very real side of every big american city from top to bottom (from the docks, ghettos and schools to police and government). It has so much to say other than fat italian crooks have feelings too. The only thing that carries the Sopranos is great acting. The Wire has that too, but also a shit ton of actual substance.

The Wire has merit being almost documentary-like in seeing the complex interworkings of the inner city and that showing ambition and corruption takes many shapes and forms.

But Sopranos has everything else. Its sheer artistry is something The Wire will never match

I know a show equal to The Sopranos, but none better.

Attached: Tony and Misato.png (585x377, 417K)

I didn't know my mum browsed Yea Forums

Attached: scattering-ashes-at-sea-san-diego.jpg (640x480, 59K)

>Its sheer artistry is something The Wire will never match
Elaborate. Aside from the really amazing acting, I didn't see anything really artistic about the show. And this is a personal nitpick, but I really couldn't give two shits about any of the characters in Sopranos, everyone was so damn unlikable and scummy. Even if that was the entire point, it sure as hell made for a boring watch, since there was nobody to care for.

the americans
the shield

Breaking bad
Rome
Carnivale
Deadwood
Oz
The wire s1 s2
True detective s1

I still think sopranos is the best but I love all of these shows
Mine unironically uses Yea Forums lingo because all ido is watch movies with her and cuddle her big boobies

WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU? RALPH BUNCHE OVA HERE?

kino tier: mad men, sopranos
almost kino but inconsistent: the wire, deadwood
everything else is at different levels of plebery (
obviously breaking bad is better than got, but it's still pretty pleb) and ranking those is a waste of time

The dream scenes in Isabella, The Test Dream
The ending of Kennedy and Heidi
Chris' drugged out scene in The Ride.
Each of these scene show great direction, delving into each character's presence of mind and goes beyond the confines of a mere crime drama.
>And this is a personal nitpick, but I really couldn't give two shits about any of the characters in Sopranos.
well can't help you there.

LOST
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones

nothing happens in mad men its so boring

turbopleb

I wouldn't say Deadwood is inconsistent -- just unfinished. If it had finished out with the same level of quality through seven seasons or so, I'd probably rate it above even Mad Men or the Sopranos on the strength of the writing alone.

I'm biased though as it's my personal favorite.

I thought Wire was the better show but Sopranos was a better character drama.

I just did not feel nearly as attached to the characters in the Wire especially since the focus shifts quite a bit from season to season.

Better call saul

The Shield. easy

Attached: vic.jpg (400x293, 17K)

Legend of the galactic heroes.

The Wire isn't even close. It's dragged down by the shifting plot focus, season 2 in particular is a shit show. Furthermore there are too many characters, preventing the viewer from understanding any of them in depth. The result is that the show is basically MUH URBAN SUFFERING with nothing more to it than that.

Mad Men is soap opera chick flick tier trash. Only women and neckbeards who want to be like Don like this shit.

Attached: Screenshot_20190509-221552~2.png (458x368, 36K)

boring ass show. even the highlight scenes on youtube are dull and uneventful.

Sopranos is great. Second only to Dirty Jobs.

Based

daily reminder that Meadow Soprano is a patrician qt who listens to early 90s atmospheric black metal

Attached: meadowsopranolikesulver.png (1221x690, 1.4M)

does it touch upon black people being inherently violent and stupid animals? but.. but is cause they're poor :'( HSHUT UP NIGGER

You'll understand when you grow up.

Thought that was Anthony jrs room

galactica if you prefer scifi

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1280x1024, 449K)

Can’t. GOAT

Legend of the Galactic Heroes is the only show I'd say I prefer. I'm not a weeb, there's only a handful of those cartoons I can tolerate.

Even then it's down to personal taste, I like period dramas, war stories, and political intrigue and discussion. It doesn't touch on psychology, family dynamics or class nearly as well as the Sopranos. I can totally understand someone who has seen both still preferring The Sopranos, it is after all a masterpiece.

Attached: 1554759542776.jpg (640x2400, 182K)

I prefer the wire but admit the sopranos is a better show.

Only plebs want to be Don
especially in the later seasons, after it's revealed how much of a fuck up he is

Good man. Men who say they want to be Don Draper are retards. Men who admit they were/are Don Draper have actually watched the show.

The sopranos is ugly and soulless, Lost elevates the spirit

Anyone who prefers the sopranos to lost is a hateful, petty, banal human being who hates beauty and truth

not gonna trust someone who writes like you with recommendating a show that has good writing

there's a ton of slopes in the world. they all probably love it. but their problems don't interest me. no disrespect, just being honest.

>True detective s1
without a doubt the best story ever told on a screen.

>24
season one was amazing. appointment television. the entire country was on the edge of our seats.

Attached: 1548712281860.jpg (848x1250, 383K)