Wtf?

wtf?

Attached: 00.jpg (640x640, 83K)

Oil rigs don’t produce energy, they are used to extract fuel from the earth. Idiot.

>comparing extraction techniques to finished products

I-is this what AOC and her followers believe?

increasing energy throughput is not a good thing for the people in charge

retard

Someone explain this.

Attached: 1551204986624.jpg (1286x880, 120K)

A gallon of gas can power your phone for a year. It's an incredibly powerful fuel source and there's a reason wars are fought over it.

So to salvage some of this absolute garbage tier thread, this is actually a common motivation in electrochemical research for why people research new battery technology and shit. Computers have advanced so fucking fast over the past couple decades and energy storage is at a crawl. I’m a graduate student working on developing new battery chemistry and it’s crazy how much our current batteries suck compared to how much better they could be based on theoretical calculation. The issue is so few of these systems work reliably that when one technology is discovered (lead acid, Li ion) they reign supreme forever.

>energy
there

Explain what?

787s are comfortable to be in and don't explode, both are qualities the concorde lacked.
Frogs and planefags need not reply.

Seems like every year I read about some wondrous new battery tech that will make your phone or whatever last a week and charge in 20 minutes, but then you never hear about it again. I just assume it either blew up in someones face, or it was crazy expensive

Hurry up and invent some better batteries, smartypants. I can run a cordless circular saw for an afternoon on a 4.0amp/hr Li-Ion but I wouldn't try getting a cordless Li-Ion hammer drill

Transistors can be made smaller over time as technology increases.

Energy cannot be created nor destroyed and we get most of ours from dead dinosaurs deep underground.

It's just like he said, there's a shitload of possible battery chemistries that technically work but there is a difference between working in a lab and working in practical use on a mass production scale.

OP's image is twitter/facebook crawling 70iq fucktard tier normie maymay. In reality oil & gas is one of the most rapidly developing technologies on earth. Shale oil, fracking and such that everyone knows today are what caused the US to go from the biggest oil consumer on earth to a net exporter of oil in the blink of an eye

unironically needs no explaining. the things that go into modern planes are crazy

That isn't the only method of extracting oil out there but it still works good after all these years.

>not using badass hydraulic tools
lol batterycuck

Why don't they just make more dinosars and kill them?

more energy = less labor = bigger middle class = more people with time to think = more minds straying from the mental slavery they have imposed upon us = more people with the will and resources to cast them down

who, really made me think. WTF republitards, why are you holding us back?!

Not worth the holo-cost. It's to occasionally take to work or to do DIY stuff at home.

Solar and Wind are free and can't be hoarded like oil, gas and nuclear.
Its also why its not become the primary energy source.

the vast majority of oil never came from dinosaurs anyway, that's popsci soiboi bullshit

Except 'energy throughput' has been massively increasing for years, see typical jackass that gets all your news from twitter headlines.

Why don't they just wrap the Earth in copper wire and harnessthe energy of it's rotation in a magnetic field?

Attached: 298px-Tesla_circa_1890.jpg (298x399, 29K)

Planes are most efficient at subsonic speeds
Computers are running into a problem themselves, minaturization is slowing down because of electron leakage.

>2019
>not running you car on brap energy

The reason they are not the primary energy source is because they are massively fucking uneconomical, especially wind which is a fucking joke.

Computers benefit from miniaturization and oil extraction doesn't as far as I know

if it isn't broke don't fix it

Attached: Capture.png (1326x397, 852K)