WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY DO TO OUR BOY THOR?

He accomplished nothing the entire film.
>Was the butt of every joke
>Rhodey casually and constantly talked shit to him. >Rocket did too, even smacking him to stop him from crying
>Clint told him to either shut the fuck up or fly his fat ass to the red skull himself.
>didnt even help with getting the stones as rocket did all the work.
>Begs to the team to let him use the gauntlet and let him be useful
>The entire team tells him he isnt strong enough before the hulk cucks him by saying he is the only one strong enough
>Then in the end did nothing but get his ass kicked the entire time while Cap outshined him with his own weapon
>Cap Marvel shows up and out does him power wise completely rendering him meaningless

He was a fucking joke.. Why was this allowed?

Attached: 59616177_428427444656997_1012212307337873674_n.jpg (983x1229, 123K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/C0HzmQ9z0QA)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

prolly didn't take almost killing thanos too well
anyone here from /r/tv prolly would've would've ended up at least as badly

He is the best at Fortnite of all the Avengers tho

What did you expect? He already killed Thanos once. One of the good things about these movies is that every character plays a part. While comic book Thor could theoretically solo most of the threats, it would be boring and would diminish everyone else's character significantly.
>Begs to the team to let him use the gauntlet and let him be useful
He wasn't in the right state of mind at the time, and the Hulk stated that he's more or less made to do it, since the primary energy output of the gauntlet was gamma radiation.

>What is blaming yourself for five years for not going for the head and feeling responsible for half of all life in the universe being dusted
>What is PTSD

Thor has never known defeat at this level. What happened to him is believable. If you've ever grown up in rough areas and lost friends and blamed yourself for not being stronger you'd understand where he was coming from.

Soldiers that lose squad mates go through the same thing.

He went for the head

True. He wasn't fully in the zone or in shape when fighting Endgame Thanos either, despite having both the hammer and the axe.
Infinity War Thor would cripple Endgame Thor in a fight.

There's a strange arc to his story in Endgame.
he starts at a low point
joins the team
meets his mom who tells him she's sure he's going to become a great king
he decides to stop being depressed
lets valkyrie become queen because he's decided he need to find himself and doesn't think he can lead new asgard
fights with quill about who is in charge of the guardians

it's like the end is from a completely different film. why does his mother tell him she can tell he's a good man, yet at the end he leaves to go find who he is? Why does he fight with Quill about leadership right after deciding that he doesn't want to lead the asgardians? What's the point of his arc? He goes from fat and depressed to much more confident and active, yet at the same time he doesn't know who he is? What the fuck is going on?

>Why does he fight with Quill about leadership right after deciding that he doesn't want to lead the asgardians?
I think you're reading this part in particular too deeply. That was done for quips.

His father died. Then his half sister which he didn't know he had destroyed his world and killed half of his people. Then Thanos killed his brother who he had just reconciled with, Heimdall his friend, and half of his remaining people. Then he failed to stop Thanos from snapping which killed half of remaining people and a bunch of his friends. So basically he's left with an 8th of his people and a bunch of his friends dead and it's all because he wanted to gloat to Thanos instead of just taking his head off. And keep in mind, Infinity War started right at the end of Ragnarok so he lost pretty much everything within less than a week.

Sad Thor = Best Thor

Thor being depressed is the only thing keeping him from being a one-dimensional character like Hulk when he's in Smash mode.

They don't want fat white kids redeeming themselves.

He provided the comic relief which is what the majority of these audiences want anyway.

What an autistic take. His mom doesn't say he'll be a good king, she tells Thor to b you'reself bro so he says fuck it and dips out of Asgard to be a Space Chaf.

his part was irrelevant, killing bitch thanos accomplished nothing

He goes from thinking he failed at being what he was meant to be to knowing he'll eventually find himself, somewhere. So much for closure, but at least he's not afraid of looking for it anymore.

On a side note, I found it weird how they never talk about the fact he was right in front of Thanos when he did the snap. Maybe it's implied, but it feels like a wasted opportunity not including it in some scene, like the one where he wants to use the gauntlet and make it right.

My favorite Thor. Gains weight, sad, depressed alcoholic that redeems himself, learns from his mistakes, gives credit where it's due and stays a fat happy alcoholic. I love him.

he was too fucking white

>WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY DO TO OUR BOY THOR
He was too good. (((They))) couldn't let a glorious blonde bulky manly man become the face of the MCU, which is what would've happened if they let his character act organically instead of forcing into giving up and acting pathetically.
And since everyone loves the guy, they had to make sure his character was completely butchered so nobody could see him as a leader again.

Attached: Hemsworth-861011330.jpg (2400x1597, 680K)

The whole point of the movie was 'its their turn now.'
Thor is a white male and that just won't go anymore. It's time for Thora, Iron woman, and captain African America now.

Attached: Lc101um.png (667x670, 386K)

Stop spamming.

>Thora and not Whor
You had one job.

See thematically this all makes sense but aesthetically I was “fuck he’s gonna be like this to whole movie”.

I didn’t even mind that he was fat but it was like 90% of the comic relief and I like it more when there is cheeky serious.

Attached: EA42A5F8-C2AA-4AD9-8B06-8A2F6C2E904B.jpg (728x728, 104K)

And that is the point. He finally went for the head, but Thor still felt unacomplished....empty.

Nah bro, I don't hate women.

He lost everything, his home, his family, his friends. And then failed to stop half the universe from being killed because of his need to showboat instead of an insta-kill.

It is understandable why he escaped into eating and alcohol.

you think that's bad look at Hulk.
he only served to job to Thor and Thanos and became a comic relief character.

Based.

Honestly, I really loved the scene when he gets to talk one more time with his dead mom on his saddest hour to get him on his feet again. She was just so wise, not only because of the "be yourself" speech, but also the fact that she knew that this Thor was not "his" Thor, but an older one that was in a state of despair. Furthermore, I also liked when Thor tries to warn her of how she is going to get murdered in a couple of minutes but she interrupts him because nobody is supposed to know about the future, and as frustrating and distressing as this might be, Thor is completely calm and comforted about it.

Overall, pretty touching scene, I am excited to see how Thor gets out of this hole, so I am looking forward to watch Asgardians of the galaxy 3.
Happy May 10th, anons!

It was all to give Thanos a chance. Peak Thor can solo stoneless Thanos. Same reason why Hulk became a fucking pacifist pussy, and Strange had to stop that tidal wave. Wanda and Strange can honestly btfo Thanos 2v1. Carol can also beat his ass with some help.

>Listen Valkryie I dont want to lead, thats not who I am. Im leaving
5 minutes later
>hey guardians I kinda wanna lead you guys

Great job russos. Real character work

Too bad he was completely worthless in the movie

>Hulk is a jobber
STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES!

Dont think you know how to read. Who gives a shit that he was fat and an alcoholic.

Has he killed literally thousands of sentient beings before?
Do frost giants and dark elves not count?

Keep quiet and lurk more newfag

>shhudddupp....
Seriously, this keeps him in the MCU a little longer.
Hemsworth actually has some comedic chops. Plus he'll slim down in the next film through some handwave workout montage.

Attached: shadduppp.jpg (480x360, 14K)

>WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY DO TO OUR BOY THOR?
>OUR BOY
Ahem... sorry you must be new here
The title "Our Boy" officially is rightfully entitled to Loki

>>hey guardians I kinda wanna lead you guys
Not what happened at all. If anything he'd have supported Rocket as captain. He was just messing with Quill and glancing at Rocket, who was grinning the whole time.

Chris Hemsworth fidgeting, doing an awkward drunk routine and being out-acted by pretty much everyone else there was absolutely no sign of "chops"

I am so tired of shills like you. You're not even a goddamn person.

Seperate your headcanon from reality retard. He wasnt glancing at rocket. Rocket wasnt winking at him. Was he fucking with quill? Sure? But was he also being serious? It was sure as shit implied at the end. If youre going to defend shitty writing, do a better job next time

> Lead an actual town, with hard workimg individuals that look up to you and have their livelyhood put in your hands, including political responsibilities.
> Have space adventures with your group of loser homies and decide which place in the galaxy are you going to visit next and what are you going to make them do for you.

Also, I want to bang Mantis.

because he already had all his moments to shine in infinity war

kek you only complain now ?

they dont give a shit diva rdj get all the good scene or he ll cry

fuck mcu i dont want them to ro ruin x-men pretty sure they can do worse than apocalypse and incomin dark phoenix

they dont even respect power lvl fucking iron man get power up into oblivion and they shit on hulk thor and scarlet witch for every avenger movie fuck mcu

i don't even know why normies complained about captain marvel when the real issue was the forced ironman leader of avenger from the beginning

Attached: kino.jpg (1280x533, 43K)

Agreed Thor is a shitty asgardian and a shitty man in general. Weird contrast from the responsibility he accepted in ragnarok. They truly have no clue what to do with him

Oh boy, I really love getting paid for advertising a movie in a decadent and non-pc site for a small comunity of nerds.

Kys pajeet

there was a lot of pandering in that regard

Doing it for free is much more pathetic

chris hemsworth went off roids so he lost a lot of muscle mass so they had to cover it up with a fatsuit and made him comic relief

>I dont want to lead
way to misconstrue it, he doesn't want to rule.
He he wants to fight and have adventures, be the young man he still feels that he is

He was obviously second fiddle to the tony and steve show, trying to play up the conflict of the character rather than the plot device.
The performance is hit or miss but its not a bad idea to make the character into something other than a musclebound powerhouse.
In the end he makes Rocket shine much more than any other character, with the real loser of the entire movie being Banner.
But really, Infinity War Thor>Endgame Thor. I liked the concept more than the execution, while the reverse is true for IW.

He literally tells Valkyrie to lead because "thats not who I am". This isnt debatable retard. Regardless of what fun he wants to have

Let's not forget my favorite part
>show him shirtless and absurdly out of shape for a superhero let alone the son of Odin.
>audience laughs out loud at the sight of such a thing, despite the fact that most of them look the same if not worse with their clothes off

Attached: 1546145254060.jpg (637x720, 66K)

Imagine if they had Tchalla constantly running from the throne every movie like a worthless child. Its embarrassing. Tchall treats that shit not as a duty but an honor and responsibility by blood. Thor is so truly a manchild lmao. Odd choice to take to make him just not give a shit. At least it makes Tchalla seem like the better man

Attached: black-panther-t-challa-2018-e3-1280x2120.jpg (1280x2120, 647K)

He was Low key the only one with a decent arc and the only one with a actual conscience to know how badly they fucked up once they killed thanos and brought everyone back 5 years later
That's why he went full blackpill neet mummy fag and is based and literally me

HE WAS FUCKIN PEAK BASED IN IW

>A BADASS TOXIC WHITE MALE CHARACTER IN MEDIA?
I DONT THINK SO SWEETY :^)

CUE EG THORF

There were quips? Why wasn't I told!

Why couldn't Tony use the power of the gauntlet to prevent it from frying him while using it?

Even fat Thor looked swole, he was just strong with a beer gut

stay mad fucking normie

>all these virgin females and becky's complaining about bear-mode Thorjorrönson

Attached: what a loser.png (449x401, 490K)

When Thor was getting soloed by Thanos and began struggling to keep Stormbreaker from piercing his chest my first thought was "Aw. He can't stop Thanos 'cuz he's fat." Disappointing. Thor should've gone Super Saiyan like he did in Ragnarok and brought down Thanos' warship as something as repayment for what happened to the Asgardians. That it went to Captain Marvel made it thematically hollow. Thor really should've gotten in some good scenes with Thanos instead of jobbing like he did.

More like what the

More like what the fuck did they do to the Hulk?
I had never seen an Avenger's film ever or any of the other capeshit movies. But I knew what the fucking Hulk is. I show up to this and he's some nerdy suit-wearing polite fuck. WHAT HAPPENED?

>never seen an avengers film
>asks what happens in the last chapter
I think you know where I'm going with this bud...

Everybody was making fun of Quill. Rocket and Thor included. Rocket -could- have made a case for him becoming captain but it looked like he was just happy to have his friends back. He definitely contributed to the teasing and at no point did Thor seriously contest Quill's leadership.

Based Waititi. Fuck the (((Russos))), fuck their stronk wymyn and fuck their emasculation of male characters

ITS A SMALL SHIP FOR TWO CHRISES
THERE CAN BE ONLY 1

>EVERYONE KNOWS WHOS IN CHARGE :^)

THOR WAS #2 ON AUDIENCE LAUGHS AFTER ANT-MAN, BUT MOST OF IT WAS LAUGHING AT THOR

thor had a great arc. ive experienced a similar thing were everyone expects something from you after a traumatic event/failure. he is a good guy but still needs time to fix himself before leading others again

they buffed young thanos and nerfed the rest dude

Pretty sure Thor was always shown to have bolts missing on any movie, even being 1500 yo he's just a few years from wanting to go on rampages on another realm to prove himself. T'Challa is from a more reserved and introspective upbringing, and specially had to prove himself for his crown. That being said it could be played around for fun, though I doubt it.
I'm guessing Thor arc now will be GotG having some shit like him losing his godlyhood temporarily kinda like Black Panther.

THOR IS THE BEST DEVELOPED MCU CHARACTER AND EARNED HIS PLACE
UNLIKE CAPTAIN FEMINISM THE INSTANT MARYSUE

BUT HE WAS DEFINITELY DRAGGED THROUGH THE MUD IN ENDGAME

In the matter of a few days he lost his dad, all his friends, his homeland, then half of the people he was meant to govern, his brother, fucked up a chance to kill Thanos and stop the snap, and then had to face the grim reality of not being able to reverse any of his failures
Who wouldn't have collapsed? I twas pretty clear in IW that he was just barely keeping it together

This is the most character development from anyone in the MCU and you act like it's a bad thing

Rocket could argue that HE should be captain. He's commanded the Benatar for longer than Quill, is an Avenger, etc. He didn't. He was poking fun at Quill but didn't want to dump any more misery on him.

Honestly, if it weren’t for the really unfortunate “haha PTSD is funny” bits, Thor would probably have the best character arc in Endgame.

Throughout most of the MCU, he’s gradually developed from an arrogant prince to an fair-minded person who empathizes with everyone he meets, regardless of their station.

While most of the other movies played this as just an ordinary “future King learns to rule by living with commoners” narrative, Endgame does something pretty subversive by having Thor disavow his royalty by the end of it. He doesn’t want to live to be that, because at that point he understands the value of the common man so much that he couldn’t possibly force himself to lord above them. Even the vague notion of being “worthy” of Mjolnir is no longer his exclusive claim, he’s seen first hand that anyone can earn that. So by the end, he knows he’s not somehow intrinsically better than anyone, and refuses to accept a position where he’d have to act like it, even if everyone else expects him to.

Now, I’m not saying it’s anything close to a radical message, since the institution of monarchy is never really questioned. But ever since Tolkien codified the trope of “this person deserves to rule by birthright because he acts humble and honorable,” it’s been rare to see a major work in pop culture explicitly reject it.

Have sex

they turned him into the average capeshit consumer

Attached: smug.jpg (600x600, 30K)

>But ever since Tolkien codified the trope of “this person deserves to rule by birthright because he acts humble and honorable,” it’s been rare to see a major work in pop culture explicitly reject it.

It's been done before the fuck you talking about

It's actually wild how people came to care about Thor so much, after Thor 1 and Thor 2 which were mediocre at best. It's all thanks to Ragnarok, which Yea Forums hated.

I don't mind him giving the throne to Blackyrie because that means he gets to go on adventures with the Guardians.

No he felt guilty because he DIDN'T kill Thanos before the snap. He feels that the trillions of lives that were lost by the snap are his fault, because he didn't kill Thanos immediately. Thor was plagyed by grief and survivors guilt which is why he regressed to the state that you see in Endgame.

>GOTG3 will have Thor in it

It's going to make so much money

Why do you keep making this thread you sad little incel

>Thor is a fat self-pitying fuck in the beginning
>Uh.. I guess it makes sense. I'm sure we'll see him claw his way and get better
>He never gets better
>His bitch mother, who hasn't had any involvement with his character so far, tells him "It's okay honey, jus b urself and be content in your defeat, don't bother trying to rise to the occasion"
>Give him a literal soiboy moment with his hammer as if it's just a toy meant to make him feel worthy
>his mom cracks an "eat a salad" joke right after
>Make him even more pitiful when he begs to get the chance to do the snap and feel like he's worth a damn
>RDJ, as always, does his best to salvage the scene
>Two seconds later they make a fucking cheese whiz joke
>WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY RUINED THOR
>HE'S DEPRESSED AND AN ALCOHOLIC OKAY
>DEPRESSED LIVES MATTER
>FAT LIVES MATTER
>Okay but why are you mocking him from start to finish then? Why is he wearing finger-cut gloves at Tony's funeral?
>OMG STOP DEHUMANIZING FAT PEOPLE UGH YOU'RE JUST MAD FAT PEOPLE HAVE SOMEONE TO RELATE TO
>Lots of fat guys got inspired by Thor around the world and got in shape because of it
>Stop dodging the question, why are you butchering him if the goal is to take fat people seriously?
>Why after years of doing more for his people than anyone else would have does he hand it all over to a woman who ran away, abandoned all her vows, became an alcoholic, and has never been a leader to anyone anywhere, much less to all Asgardians? He's certainly not more fucked up than she was
>YOU JUST HATE QUEER BLACK QWEENS
>I do. Is that what this is about?
>BIGOT BIGOT BIGOT
It's like Luke but even worse and more blatant somehow.

Attached: big thorbowski.jpg (1079x757, 564K)

I WILL PAY ALL THE MONEY

SPACESHIT IS THE BEST CAPESHIT

DISNEY WILL DO IT IMAX 3D FOR SURE

have sex

copulate, incel

Attached: soyfags.jpg (605x658, 83K)

Kek.

HULK DAB!

Attached: d9a0f1c4021c93c5ca483ac99978e9b5726efbcfbc92342870ab1d6a5a3bbda1.jpg (600x800, 85K)

also half of asgard died because he was a shit king who couldnt protect them, his brother included

Thor was turned into Fat Mac from It's Always Sunny

Thaaaaat's not entirely inaccurate. Like, he's the only Avenger who lost PRETTY MUCH everything. Let's recount: His mother in Thor 2, his brother at the beginning of Infinity War, almost all of his people, his father, his best friend (Heimdall), his home, his hammer (it was a big deal to him, so I'm adding it) his sister, regardless if she was a bitch or not, and his girlfriend. Dude lost almost everything. He needed the win against Thanos. He wanted it more than ANYTHING. And he failed.

He's got PTSD, and probably survivor's guilt out the fucking ass, bro. He hasn't trained for 5 years. He drinks heavily every single day. The fact that he's still worthy to wield Mjolnir is a fucking miracle in and of itself.

I honestly think he is the best handled character out of the entire gagglefuck. Like, his character progression is pretty fucking legit.

JUST CULTIVATING MASS BRUH

HE WAS ON A BULK! CUT WAS STARTING NEXT MONTH

>falling for the "he's depressed" line
>coping by ignoring the fact that the character got butchered beyond all recognition by lying sheisters
This is how you identify a literal brainlet soiboy.

there wasnt a arc, there were """"""jokes"""""""

we watched the mom scene, the crying scenes, all that shit for no reason, it wasnt establishing anything

Jews hate blondes

You're honestly going to sit there and tell me that after losing all the people he ever cared for, and his hammer, then failing to redeem ANY of that shit by killing Thanos, he isn't fucking miserable..?

Like, you're seriously going to do that? Because if that's the case, I'll stop responding because you're too retarded to waste any more time on.

>butchered beyond all repair by lying sheisters
I'm probably going to regret this but; care to elaborate?

There was an arc, it was pretty simple to understand. It was all about not letting failure stop you, his mom blatantly stated it to him and the fact he was still worthy enough to call mjolnir despite being a fat piece of shit spelled it out clearly

kill yourself nigger, you're a fucking retard. fuck off to your hugbox sub

his character was already butchered by Ragnarok, Endgame Thor was improvement

They tried for character development because the movie is largely a sendoff to cap and tony.
Opportunity for hemsworth to broaden the range of the character.

There was another very significant film between those two, you dipshit nigger

they know exactly what to do with him, they want to phase him out and reduce him to irrelevance or non existence

hope you like gay black captain america

The biggest thing he feels grief over is that he went for the vengance kill. His ego couldn't allow him to finish thanos off quickly with a head shot, he needed to gloat and look thanos in the eyes as he pushed the axle in his chest

And? All he gets is his meme axe in that movie.

Attached: grug npc.png (513x386, 90K)

that was IW's arc, he knew that shit already and is why people liked him in that movie

and also wow, what a arc that's resolved by picking up a hammer in the middle of the movie

The absolute state of the self-inserting Thorcuck

>Waititi
>(((Russos)))
It's (((Waititi))) you retarded faggot, and he's responsible for the shitty fucking turn Thor's arc took and El Goblina that's being shoved into fans' faces

Based and understanding the narrativepilled

Attached: 449973EF-9069-4E61-AD4C-23936C159700.jpg (1863x2048, 796K)

Fucking Rockets past, Adam Warlock, Thor will be a chad again, two Chris’s

Movie gonna make a billi overnight.

Attached: 46089FF2-5F17-4A2D-A234-15AB2D4368AF.jpg (750x934, 76K)

Imagine if one of the females got fat and that was pretty much their entire role for the whole movie, to be fat and a joke.

send a postcard when you visit wakanda, nigger

kek, how accurate

Thor became good in Age of Ultron

Because Chris Hemsworth has another marvel movie to star in so they gave all significant parts in Endgame to RDJ and Evans. Yes he got cucked in this movie

thor's arc isnt done. he'll be in guardians 3 and thor 4

>Why was this allowed?
thor 1 has chris pretending to be tough

people thought it was cringe. because it was.

chris can't into being though. that's why his entire career went from being a tough guy to being a "le funny man". ragnarok, vacation reboot, ghostbusters reboot...le funny man. no more tough looking man.

>white male being denigrated
>OP act surprised

>. Why was this allowed?
He was basically the MVP of the first movie, so he couldn't do it twice.

The entire capeshit franchise has devolved into one liners and le funny joke XDD, all tension, all "toughness" is gone as soon as one of the cunts drops a funny, boom, stakes gone.

The Thor films were badly received because they were as generic as the Transformers movies, without all the explosions and MB action, they were badly written, directed and tried to cater for everyone, and failed, so now we've got Thor the god of punchlines.

Not saying Hemsworth is a good actor, but you can't fault him for Thor becoming a joke.

Attached: 1556890741403.png (300x319, 117K)

>Not saying Hemsworth is a good actor
but he is a bad actor. he can't into roles that are not comedic . that's my point. and hollywood has learned that too the hard way.

>iron man get power up into oblivion and they shit on hulk thor and scarlet witch
Hulk upgrades to professor hulk.
Thor upgrades his lightning powers and gets a new axe.
Scarlet Witch goes from getting zapped by Hawkeye to soloing Thanos.

Attached: WRONG.jpg (750x312, 25K)

Imagine how salty you have to be to make this.

Attached: butthurt.jpg (1214x1239, 834K)

>captain African America
rolls of the tongue

I loved it, fat thor was the beat part of the film

He got the Gimli treatment. Damn shame

ITS 100% MEDICALLY ACCURATE LMAO

THE PEOPLE WHO COME ON Yea Forums TO SAY INCEL AND HAVE SEX ARE AN ODD BUNCH, TUMBLR DISCORD REDDIT
INCREASINGLY Yea Forums ITSELF BEING IRONIC

FAIRLY RECENT THING, STARTED ALL AT ONCE AS IF COORDINATED AND PUSHED
PLAYS DIFFERENT THAN SHIT LIKE SNEEDPOSTING WHICH WAS ALL ONE FAGGOT WHO FORCED IT

WHATS MORE INTERESTING IS TRYING TO DETERMINE THE TYPE WHO MADE THE IMAGE
THE GAU STUFF IS VERY WEEB, OR POSSIBLY A REAL ASIAN

He gained wisdom. The real Odin lost his eye. Thor MCU lost his immaturity.

Thor and Quill are so going to bro-bond after beating each other up..

It's especially funny when you rewatch the Wakanda battle closely. Did they forget that they gave Thor the ability to fly? First I thought he was just throwing the axe but it really looks just like plain flying at 5:50 (youtu.be/C0HzmQ9z0QA) Did they forget that Thor could summon the rainbow bridge? Why make Thor so powerful if you're just gonna forget it?

So is vision dead? reprogramming the synapses didnt work?