Why does Yea Forums hate the John Wick movies?

Why does Yea Forums hate the John Wick movies?

Attached: 1557433267701.jpg (700x525, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CTJlmlZWWHA
youtube.com/watch?v=G8YdtsAz-rs
youtube.com/watch?v=K9F7FKcz80k
youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Do they? Shame. The first one is one of the best straight up action flicks I've ever seen.

we don't, the first john wick is the best american action film since die hard

Attached: shwifty.gif (413x243, 51K)

Yeah I don't hate them either. It's only detested because 8 year old fortnite fags harp on about John Wick, and that's more about detesting fortnite and small children than John Wick.

>why does
blanket troll
>Yea Forums
"we" troll
>hate
exaggerate troll
>the john wick
contrarian troll
>movies?
Yea Forums troll

I enjoyed the first one but I didn't watch the sequel. I can't wait for Keanu and other action stars of today to star in the inevitable Expendables soft-reboot.

>the first john wick is the best american action film since die hard

Attached: Face.jpg (1000x1426, 587K)

*dabs*

>Dude lol. John Wick is fighting some chick to the death and they're making funny quips to each other!
John Wick sucks.

John Wick is a 'movie' genetically engineered to appeal to imdbspawn Yea Forumsedditors with no sense of sophistication who laud stale meme dialogue, which supports upvote groupthink mentality, and meme acting with a good movie pandering reddit tier proto capeshit "entertainment" sensibilities and a meme tv movie videogame aesthetic. This is a flick at best and people who praise it are likely no older then 18.

>meme dog
>meme bullet proof suit
>meme women assassins
>meme currency that makes no logical sense

because tv is gay

The first one was incredibly fucking boring. Basically playing a video game on god mode, until the old man fight for no fucking reason.

John Wick Two was comfy as fuck. I dunno i love the world they created and expanded upon.

The sequel is quite watchable, and has at least one (1) sequence that is as good as the first.

Dude you're totally wrong, it's like the complete opposite.
1 he actually felt human like he took damage
2 went full retard with the magic suit and god mode

>You are now aware that John Wick takes place inside the Matrix, and is an alternate timeline where Neo chose the blue pill.

I don't. The first was was a damn solid no-nonsense wonderfully simple action movie that felt like a breath of fresh air/return to form to the ever dying action genre.

Second one was visually stunning, but fell in into the same "muh cinematic universe" trap most modern movies fall into which ended up making the story itself fucking awful, though a few scenes aside the action itself was probably even better than the first. Which does help a lot.

Can't say I'm all that excited about the third, since it seems they are doubling down on the "John Wick Cinematic Universe" nonsense instead of going back to a simple as fuck plot where the action is the main star rather than this retarded assassin capeshit society shit. It was fine as a little silly side-plot. It should never have been the focus.

based

Entire series was worth it for this sequence

youtube.com/watch?v=CTJlmlZWWHA

Watched most of the first one. Didn't like it.

-"Russian" mafia was so obviously not Russian.

-Boring shootouts that involve a bunch of armed guys running at Wick instead of shooting him. He guns them all down and moves onto the next room full of armed guys.

-Crap, tryhard musical score. Marylin Manson, seriously? Is this 1999?

-Tries too hard to be cool with its imagery and look.

-We don't need any more action movies with fucking nightclub shoot outs/fight scenes.

-No plot beyond setup. Not even a twist.

-

>taking action flicks seriously
dumb namefag

Also retarded that there are thousands of assassins who all live in the same city, but literally all of the going after Wick at the same time can't stop him.

Who the fuck is ordering this many assassinations? Who are they killing? The whole thing is so silly, they don't even show one "job" that isn't some in-fighting among assassins.

Speaking of, are there any other decent action movies made in the last couple of years?
I mean movies where the action itself is fun and satisfying to watch, rather than you know just 300 fast cuts of someone's zoomed elbow flailing around at shit.
God I haven't watched a new proper action movie in fucking ages.

I like mission impossible. Even they don't make it that silly. Plus everything that Keanu does looks too heavily choreographed.

It got popular

>DUDE THE MOVIE IS SILLY ITS LIKE NOT AT ALL LIKE IRL YO
How retarded.

It's weird how few people understand that the movies are supposed to be absurd

the choreography is fucking amazing. Keanu is training his ass off with literal ex SEALs to make it look genuine. you have shit taste.

There is a fine line between absurd and so retarded it's just takes away the enjoyment. Wick 1 rode that line pretty well, 2 went over it and never looked back.

>the shootout in the subway station where they're shooting silenced pistols at eachother and hiding them behind newspapers
yeah, Wick 2 went a little too far maybe

>dude what if we ran at the super assassin and tried clubbing him with our guns!
>brilliant!

IT STINKS

youtube.com/watch?v=G8YdtsAz-rs

That was fucking kino

but silencers don't work that way, and the movies go out of their way to stay relatively realistic with how guns work

unless the point was that every single person in that subway station was also an assassin and just turning a blind eye

John Wick is basically if someone made the Madness Combat series into live action movies

youtube.com/watch?v=K9F7FKcz80k

great segment but nobody should ever form their opinion from what a comedian says about it

Attached: 1528567227480.jpg (300x199, 12K)

Don't care

Yah, or maybe you are snobs that can't into immersion and fantasy.There is literally nothing "too far" about JW II. Its a fantastic exaggeration of a fictional story that is fun and entertaining. If you want something more down to earth when you watch movies stick to documentaries ffs.

fair enough

clubbing someone with a budstock is a lot more effective than trying to shoot the person if you're actually close to each other. greentexting everything in a dumb way is not an argument. you are a dumb election trash namefag and you are embarassing yourself. fuck off nigger

Attached: 1508497784689.jpg (960x936, 42K)

Yeah, I'm sure half a dozen guys trying to melee someoen with a gun is more effective than if they all just unloaded on John.

quit talking out of your ass, that never happened. at this point i'm convinced i'm just giving (You)'s to some autistic attention whore, which would correspond to the fact that you're a namefag

Yeah. Movies shouldn't have internal consistencies. That's not story-writing 101. Every movie is improved by throwing everything to do with realism out the window making every scene feel totally uninteresting because there's no longer anything grounding it. Fuck having movies elicit an emotion from you, that's for faggots. We only watch movies to turn our brain off and drool for 90 minutes.

Shut up Keanu

>generic Russian villains
>generic Russian villains run into protagonist and decide to steal his car
>protagonist just so happens to be a deadly hit man and is connected to generic Russian villain's dad
>protagonist consequentlessly shoots his way through generic Russian villains with 0 stakes
>Keanu is a terrible action hero and was only tolerable in The Matrix because of Woo-Ping's chirography
They should have just given him super powers and turned him into a hero so they could get cape shit money

well this brought me back

go back to r*ddit faggio

Attached: 1461008601774.png (510x546, 37K)

I'm not from there you newfag.

Le contrarian Yea Forums. This place shits on everything it loves just to be contrarian even within itself.

You aren't fooling anyone mr namefag.

eat shit, you're in no position to call anyone a newfag and you are well aware of that fact
like i said, you're embarassing yourself. stop posting.

Attached: 1545805580514.jpg (559x464, 44K)

You aren't in a position to call anyone a fag, you newfag.

>d-do I fit in yet g-guys!?

I've been on 4channel since the day it was born you newfag.

>>d-do I fit in yet g-guys!?

Attached: file.png (645x729, 165K)

by making that claim you're only making yourself sound less believable. go for a more realistic number next time you're planning on talking out of your ass again faggot

Because others like them.

This is my only (you) I'll give you. All I request is that you put on a trip so I can properly filter your posts

I couldn't care less if you believe me you nefag red*tioro

Attached: 4056538D-F9FE-4E16-A386-C70A4B583882.jpg (330x500, 29K)

then why even bother making those claims? fucking retard.

Attached: read_a_book.jpg (566x480, 35K)

Wild stuff happens without people noticing all the time in the John Wick universe. Also it might be subsonic ammo.

Marilyn Manson is good.

>then why even bother making those claims? fucking retard.

Attached: file.png (507x436, 103K)

>Marilyn Manson is good.
No, he's evil.

The action is unrealistic and fun, working on the level of logic of a fantasy movie which most audiences can get into and don't care if it's realistic or not.

>dodging the question
>newfag tier brainlet .jpg's
thanks for the confirmation homo, this is your final (You). i've had enough of your faggotry. i'm gonna have a wank, cheerio!

Attached: 1531953860945.jpg (400x342, 39K)

>Cinematic universe

It's a movie with two direct sequels you fucking memelord.

Cause everything has to be serious and make logical sense to appease the fa/tv/irgins and be deemed kino. Yet they spam the board with latest marvel/normie trash cause they totally dont watch unenlightened mainstream garbage cause they need approval and validation of their personal thoughts about tv and movies from other like minded enlightened gentlemen.

Popular thing bad
Sundance garbage good

They also just added his house to the new map in FORTNITE so that's mega yikes cringe to the enlightened kinnoisseur

Attached: wick.png (1920x1080, 3.63M)

Cringe
Please call me based

Lmao, kys newfag.
You've been on 4channel for a few months at most.

Because it's relatively popular

If John Wick failed and ended up Blade Runner'd there'd be the same three screenshots from it posted all the time and user's would be calling Keanu based and redpilled

this was worth scrolling through
absolutely BTFO

Attached: ng08pj8.gif (304x226, 2.03M)

Lol face off sucked

>Blade Runner
Dredd is a better comparison
It flopped and Yea Forums loves it

John Wick 1? Pure kino. That house with the dog was top comfy.
2? Pure reddit. That shootout in the subway was cringe incarnate. Common is not a good actor, and is a hasbeen rapper. The ending scene were even the children stopped to look at Wick was stupid as fuck, but my 15 year old self would have properly liked that.
The assassin world was believable and mysterious in 1. In 2 it became stupid.

Attached: 1557400960946.jpg (579x593, 158K)

>he assassin world was believable and mysterious in 1
No it wasn't.

And yet it's undoubtedly where you belong

No, it's where you belong retard. Your mother was probably raped by the reddit guy logo.

It got popular, so the contrarians on the board consider it "reddit" now. Seriously, they're some of the worst fucking posters on this board. Fuck them.

Attached: 1512120961399.png (1024x640, 240K)

Why not?

>The action is unrealistic and fun, working on the level of logic of a fantasy movie which most audiences can get into and don't care if it's realistic or not.
This,I prefer Jason Bourne for obvious reason. It's not all kung fu and shit. Plus Bourne use of a pen is much better.

because there's nothing believable about John Wick waking up to some woman trying to kill him and they start quipping like theyre on a date.

Love the first one. Baffled that the second one exists the way it is considering how good the first one was.

John Wick sucks, even Black Panther has better action.

Yet Yea Forums loves their soilent capeshit and GoT

>Yea Forums likes thing
>reddit/normies start to like thing
>Yea Forums hates thing
basically this website is full of contrarian hipsters; it's half shitting on things the board likes for (You)s and half wanting to appear to share nothing in common with normies. It starts out ironic and ends up being solidified.

Jack Reacher is pretty good

>chirography
what the fuck does handwriting have to do with anything

its boring meme action

thank you and agreed. every seen people cream themselves over are some of the worst ones. Keanu's three gun .webm was infinitely better than the actual movie. Shame.

If you can't appreciate John Wick for what it is, you're a fucking retard brainlet and you should probably be gassed.

But they are colleagues who know each other well. I doubt either of them would feel any pressure since you can safely assume they've killed tons of fucking people. Also
>what is comedic relief
It's not a quip, go watch capeshit if you want a good example of a quip. Properly timed comedic relief is essential for a good action flick

Not him but was this in 1
>that name
Kill yourself

One of the best? I mean it was a fun action movie user but one of the best? Kek

You first shitskin

E L E C T I O N
_______R
_______A
_______S
_______H

Because Yea Forums hates everything. Yea Forums users hate everything.
Starting from themselves.

Attached: Ultimate Perfect Cell.png (512x512, 19K)

They are unironically some of my favourite movies, user. Very much looking forward to the third one.

we don't
OP just wants to receive affirmations for his shit taste

>I came out of john wick thinking about the quips
what?
>all this anger over a woman being in a movie
holy shit guys

I love them
I'm watching the second one right now in preparation for next week

How else would Wick be able to pull off his signatue moves?

The fight between Theon and NK is much cooler than I remember it

I don't think the final scene is meant to be taken literally. I think it's just an expression of Wick's paranoia.
ie. he "feels" that "everyone" is out to get him.

They killed his puppy,
I like dogs so good for wick

They're just B grade action flicks with A grade production and gun kata. The first one took itself too seriously but the 2nd is a brilliant parody of the genre

t.woman

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

I don't know why Yea Forums hates John Wick. The first two were great popcorn action flicks. I already have tickets for the opening night of the third next week. A local theater is a showing the first two followed by the third all back to back. Fuck the haters. Its gonna be a long fun night.

Imagine LARPing on an anime imageboard

First movie was kino, the rest are dogshit.

They're packed full of so many factors that would typically make me hate a movie, but for whatever reason I love them.

>
>It's weird how few people understand that the movies are supposed to be absurd

It's retarded how few people realize that the movies are comedies.

first was fine
2nd was crap, specially the ending
3rd shouldn't exist

>John Wick sucks.
>We only hate John Wick because it's popular (and we're cognizant of this).
>We don't hate John Wick.
When will I find the strength to leave this board?

>gold coins dont make sense
the state of tv

insightful

Favor-based economy, you dumb shit.

>Meme meme.
Wow user good job.

You forgot anonymous kekeke