Live-action Disney movie

>live-action Disney movie
>female in a major role
>speaks in a dry almost-monotone
>rarely shows emotion, always subdued
>if the movie is set in the past, she's anachronistic
>bad dialogue
>never faces any real challenge because she's either overpowered or simply isn't bothered by anything
>the audience is expected to see her as an inspiring role model instead of the boring robot she actually is
>if you shuffled which ones were in which movies, nothing would majorly change

Attached: Unknown.jpg (543x543, 107K)

Attached: MV5BMTgwNzIwOTc1NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTE3MTUzNA@@._V1_SX1500_CR0,0,1500,999_AL_.jpg (1500x999, 122K)

Attached: immortals-henry-cavill-workout-pecs.jpg (630x836, 54K)

Attached: 29-bourne-1.w700.h700.jpg (700x700, 103K)

Attached: mad-max-tom-hardy-grab-fury-road.png (2197x1463, 2M)

Attached: leo-inception.jpg (500x700, 66K)

Attached: Jai-Courtney-as-Gideon-in-I-Frankenstein-jai-courtney-38711191-736-490.jpg (736x490, 41K)

Aurora and Cinderella are ingénues and were never meant to have an "arc" or be developed characters.

Attached: 0ece35125f2048355171eb8b5ff3e1dd.jpg (1474x2050, 367K)

Attached: gerard-butler-olympus-has-fallen.jpg (399x599, 41K)

Attached: liamhemsworth_independenceday.jpg (2126x3000, 731K)

What a strange thread.

>>speaks in a dry almost-monotone
>>rarely shows emotion, always subdued
This is due to the way the film is made. They are all reacting to a green screen. Their takes were all short and fragmented to accommodate the effects.

Attached: 1938374.jpg-r_1280_720-f_jpg-q_x-xxyxx.jpg (1080x720, 64K)

Are you trying to imply we don't also think these are lame characters? The difference is nobody are saying these protagonists are inspiring or are "role models." Who the fuck would ever try and make the protag to the second Independence Day movie a memorable role model, these characters are factory produced and they're meant to be.

Attached: Chris-Hemsworth-REDDAWN.jpg (1089x1890, 186K)

Also their characters are vastly different. You can't put Leo from Inception into the setting of Immortals for example.

Attached: chris_evans_push_by_kalianalyticaldevine_d4vanec-pre.jpg (730x1095, 94K)

We get it, tranny.

>tHeRe ArE nO wOmAn iN LeaDiNg RolEs

Attached: bourneleg-main1.jpg (897x1324, 1.27M)

Put Captain Marvel into Beauty and the Beast, let's see

*dilates*
*kills self*

Attached: josh hartnett pearl harbor.jpg (398x600, 24K)

Attached: Keanu-Reeves-Speed-550x357.jpg (550x357, 44K)

Blame The Matrix. Keanu was smart enough to understand that such an outlandish premise required a very subdued performance to ground the tone and in effect audiences were able to identify with him and project onto the character better. Don’t think studios didn’t take note

Attached: 07-john-wick-2-2.w700.h700.jpg (577x577, 84K)

Attached: brad-pitt-world-war-z-image.jpg (771x478, 89K)

Hive mind. But for real, he’s the progenitor of this. Action stars in his heyday (Stallone, Schwarzenegger, Van Damme) would typically act very over the top. Will Smith was the first choice for Neo and even he’s since admitted he would’ve have played it completely differently (think Wild Wild West era Smith) and ruined the movie

Attached: blackhat.jpg (750x563, 64K)

I wonder if Neo was the inspiration for many later blockbuster protagonists, some of which have already been posted ITT. Jason Bourne, New Mad Max etc.

It's like Matrix set off a decade of strong and silent heroes before the MCU came along and ushered in the Age of the Quips

The list of male characters just serves as a perfect example that the greek system was the best, and that men should play even the female roles, because actresses nowadays bring absolutely fuck all to the screen.

Finally we have gender equality of shitty protagonists.

Unironically fucking based.
>inb4 dilate
No, you dilate. And have sex virgin, you ain't getting any younger.

Shut it, incel.

Bottom right. When did Jasmine become an arrogant smug bitch?

Me an incel? Ahahaahahahaahah oof

All the roasties posting male characters don't understand it works for men being serious and showing minimum emotions. This dumb roasties men and women are equal and should act the same. Just grow a penis and I'll treat you equal otherwise you better smile and be pretty.

They're shitty, and it shouldn't be a goal to aim for mediocrity, but I'll take stoic Keanu over bitchy white girl #5500 any day, the chief reason being I think males are naturally more appealing for those roles than women. I can just suspend my disbelief more with a character like John Wick than I can with Brie Larson, and I think most people can, otherwise you'd be getting video after video essay on why the character never smiles.

that jasmine casting offends me more than it should.

Attached: major disapproval 23.jpg (1458x1399, 181K)

punctuation, bro

if you think comparing John Wick with Rey is actually a good argument you are retarded

Didn't see Captain Marvel but did see her in Endgame and she was very obnoxious. Every single scene she was in would be improved if she wasn't there.

Jon Wick is a non-character

I'll take him over daisy any day because Keanu knows how to play a non character

what's wrong with cinderella face? i remember she was gorgeous in the movie

wrong

unironically what is fanning doing there

^This
He's fucking boring and so are his films

sleeping """beauty"""

rolling for cold and distant disney waifu

oh, right, maleficient
ah but she is the most beautiful actress these days desu, shame she aint much in terms of acting

Attached: 1526496076096.jpg (979x649, 70K)

oink oink

What a fucking cuck

Can't enjoy kinos like Silence of the Lambs, Lilya 4ever, Dancer in the dark, Sophie's Choice, V for Vendetta, most of Ingmar Bergman, Alien, Aliens, Titanic, Terminator, Gone With the Wind, Million Dollar Baby, The Help, Titanic, Gone Girl, Spirited Away, Cabaret, Sound of Music, Fargo, Kill Bill, Black Swan, Disney movies, Amelie, Blue is the Warmest, A Quiet Place, Room, Passion of Joan, His Girl Friday and plenty more

Just because of a deep rooted insecurity. Jesus christ you are such a failure in life