Was this film actually kino after all?

Was this film actually kino after all?

Attached: 41WiS-3yXuL._SY445_.jpg (315x445, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ppBaYqy0jpI
youtube.com/watch?v=z3UiokSn1n4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Only the scenes with based Bill

>hes in town with a few days to kill
Why did old movies have such fucking cheesy tag lines?

it was very trashy

except the cooling house scene

the pimp bit was great

>it was trashy
How exactly?

It was a 6/10

Glover was seriously miscast, and I don't know why he was acting like some 60+ year old when he was 41 or 42

It's mediocre

No

Agreed.

he was getting too old for that shit

>Predators hunt only the most bad ass, strongest, and dangeous members of a species
And im supposed to fucking believe old ass Glover is one of those?

>In the future year of 1996 the Jamaican Mafia and Colombian Cartels have turned LA into a warzone.
The fact there is Jamaican Mafia in this is the best part. I'll never get over that.

Shut up pussy face

Asks the audience to given Danny Glover's survival the benefit of the doubt one too many times. However it is a really cool movie from start to finish and a decent sequel.

I think what lets the movie down is the use of the supporting cast. You have Bill Paxton and you kill him off on the train? Wouldn't it have been cooler to have Bill and Danny Glover working as a team to take down the Predator?

The only scene in the movie I think could considered actually bad is the 'want some candy?' scene by the grave. It's too fucking illogical to expect a predator to be hanging out at a graveyard like that and not starting shit.

But Predator 2 has one of the fucking coolest opening scenes put on film. I could have watched a whole movie of that shoot out with Danny Glover and his big ass gun alone.

Gary Buesy being tip top trying to ice the Predator was great too. Underatted film all round. Second best out of the franchise. Predators is great but lacks the real heart this movie has.

If they told you to make a sequel to predator but you can't use Arnold : predator 2 is basically perfect

yeah, it's safe strats sequel but it's great still. any other opinion is a bitch tier whining

they weren't hunting him, but drug lords, he was a detective who caught their trail.
Ending was kino.

Was pretty mediocre, but I love what happens after he kills the predator

Hell none of those drug lords looked particularly strong either

Yes, undeniably. Anyone who tells you otherwise should not be trusted in any capacity.

Pretty neat to be honest

Attached: BaP5b.png (640x360, 227K)

*but I love the ending.
What the fuck is wrong with my brain?

Oldfag reporting

At the time it was considered to be entertaining but overall weak compared to the first movie

Compared to modern movies it's a fucking honest to god masterpiece though, which is why I think it tends to get these glowing reappraisals from time to time.

Attached: 46aac80a043e98234ef2c12470e099.jpg (512x272, 24K)

Hey, Harrigan! More victims! More mutilations!

>Predator 2
>shit

>Robocop 2
>shit

>Rambo 2
>shit

>JP 2
>shit

>Die Hard 2
>just okay

>Aliens and Terminator 2
>god tier

Attached: 1544750798833.jpg (960x540, 63K)

>Rambo 2
>shit
okay.jpeg

all of those are great except jurassic park 2

It's clearly not as good as Predator, but it's worlds better than Predators or The Predator. It also established a lot of the expanded arsenal of the Yautja, for what its worth, and possibly started the AVP franchise through a simple Easter Egg. I'd have to watch it again, but the few times I've seen it, I liked it.

>avatar 2
>shit

Have you even seen the movie? Glover is balls to the wall the whole time. He charges into the gangland shootout at the beginning, he's got no time for his captain trying to rein in his reckless behavior, he screams at everyone, he doesn't take any shit from Busey. He's totally badass and the movie is undeniably kino.

Attached: 1537050653744.jpg (270x270, 21K)

I guess you don't remember Scorpio?
youtu.be/ppBaYqy0jpI

Attached: 1537043841165.jpg (403x406, 14K)

It's always been Kino.

I watched this with my dad when I was younger and he said that was donut frosting, like the drug use was the thing he wanted to protect me from, not the skinned bodies, tits and other violence in the movie

In my opinion - kino.

The whole movie has a feel to it, an aura that just screams an identification of that age. Awesome action scenes, macho (as it often were) protagonists that are balanced out by their interesting arcs or the story of the movie. Look at Arnold's gang from the first film - they were all macho, brutal guys who could take on everything. The film already took that feel, and twisted it. Suddenly the most badass motherfuckers are being torn to shreds by something alien. That's cool.

Predator 2 has a similiar feel, and while it isn't the original, this movie has some serious replayability and some really good scenes. "Fucking Voodoo Magic Mon." The revolutionary alien weaponry. The cooling house sequence. The daring move at the end to introduce a xenomorph skull in the predator ship. The insanely awesome design of the unmasked predator. The comedic parts. (Which aren't forced but feel natural and part of the movie) -- the list goes on.

It is a good movie.

Attached: yo gimme that snickers yo.jpg (1000x565, 184K)

Hey Yea Forums, want some candy?

It was great and had an amazing soundtrack but horrible ADR, especially Bill Paxton's lines.

Attached: Predator 2.jpg (1200x675, 141K)

Paxton was still based. There's a bar scene with some throwaway dialogue that kills me. Paxton walks up to a couple dancing and cuts in saying "Do you mind, she's my sister", dude leaves, "Oh, you're not my sister!". It happens in a wide pan shot in about 10 seconds and it's kektastic.

Did this thread forget about me?

Attached: download (19).gif (410x222, 1002K)

Underrated sequel IMO. It expands lore about the Predators and Glover is great as a hotheaded cop, ironic because I was so used to how he was in Lethal Weapon. The fight in the ship was fantastic. One of my favorite guilty pleasures.

i bet he smells like ball sweat on a hot summers day, you know that crotch area

>guilty pleasures
Reddit

>Rambo 2

Ironically Cameron wrote the original script for Rambo and it's kino

Shame Stallone took over and botched it

Attached: jimmovies.jpg (293x249, 21K)

>Die Hard 2
>just okay
It was shit and you know it.

And you are the arbiter of peoples tastes on this Mongolian rice picking forum?

Kill yourself newfag.

The xenomorph skull was a nod to the AvP comics.

i always liked it
i even like when Busey mentions the First movie

Only the rooftop chase scene

me on the left

+1

It's still the second best Predator movie ever made and we're currently at 6 Predator movies.

I enjoy it more than the first one.

Because people back then knew how to have fun and didn't take movies too seriously. They had safe ironic distance yet still enjoyed cinema.

Nowadays, people take everything so fucking seriously and don't actually enjoy film.

Fuck you, Glover is comfy made flesh. Just seeing this man makes me happy.

based dad.

I fucking died.

>donut frosting

>aliens
>god tier
I’m not gonna tell you that it’s not a great movie, but the first one is much better

It is. But it was impossible to have the surprise effect the first movie had since everyone knew the monster already.

>Compared to modern movies it's a fucking honest to god masterpiece though

this. it's not even as remotely well-directed as the first film and yet it has a level of craft that is basically non-existent in modern blockbusters. the whole staging of the King Willie scene for instance, the way the Predator announces its presence with the splash in the puddle, King Willie turning to look over his shoulder, the sense of dread as the Predator invisibly walks through the water, the way it brandishes its un-cloaked weapons, the shot where King Willie and the Predator are both held in frame and you see how much bigger it is than him, L-cut on the soundtrack of King Willie screaming then the smash cut to his severed head

youtube.com/watch?v=z3UiokSn1n4

it's not like this is mind-blowing stuff, but when's the last time you saw a scene this well-executed in a studio action movie? what recently felt this evocative and cool?

It was a solid film. They didn't do enough with the voodoo cult gang or the near-future LA aesthetic, just a lot of wasted potential.