So ballistas > dragons, right?

So ballistas > dragons, right?

Attached: cad9e668-78c8-475d-b9ae-d9cdecded4e7.jpg (780x520, 180K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/Special_Report:_Max_Borenstein_prequel_leaks_to_Game_of_Thrones_Wiki
youtube.com/watch?v=_IRD7jB1Tqc
youtu.be/zexRToMLGOY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Castillon
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>ballistas destroy and sink ships in second

yeah no

Oh my freaking deity, it's a scorpion you losers.
Don't tell my dad I called you losers.

>if she just...

Isn't dragonfire hot enough to melt steel? You could easily divebomb a ship with a scorpion shooting at you the whole time and as long as you kept breathing a cone of fire in front of you then all the arrows would melt into ash before they could pierce you, right?

dragonfire can't melt steel ballistas

nothing can destroy ballistas

Its range of fire, esspecially when mounted on the front of a ship would be extremely limited.
she could have just circled around back or dived from above and torched the whole fleet.
The writing is really terrible, and to top it off they even had the bolts fired from the ballista blasting right through the hulls of the ships.
in the age of sail you could maybe get that kind of force with cannon, but you're primarily going to go for the rigging and sails.
those bolts when straight through with no resistance

actually the dhcb is the bis ranged dragon wep, ballista is a massive waste of money

All this time we've been lead to believe that dragons were the endgame, one beast to rule them all, but it's really just this piece of artillery that's the ultimate weapon.

So uh, black guys > white guys?

Those things are 10x more powerful than they should be. DnD are just retards.

>Ballistas bolts flying with mach 6 through the wooden ships and completely shattering them.
i guess they rolled a natural 20 on that attack role

You wouldn't be able to melt a steel bolt in such a short time, however dive bombing would probably be the best approach for these things, I was honestly surprised Dany didn't circle around, gain altitude drop down and torch the whole fleet

she was too busy casting teleportation so that they could get to kings landing, the third location in this single episode and hundreds of miles away
needed that ridiculous confrontation scene where she shows up with under a hundred dudes within arrow/balista range.

so why don't they just line up hundreds of these in every vital strategic position in the series?

because its supposed to be some newly rediscovered technology.
Even though there are crossbows in-universe already, but no one ever thought to make a big one, even though they seem to completely wreck ships

Dany kind of forgot about the dragon fire

Fuck my autism, it's "roll" not "role" and natural 20s don't warp reality.

>Tentacle sucker designs on the arms of the ballista
Pretty neat

D&D faggot

HOLY shit

that looks like a octopos! the
suckers on tha arms
amazing designery

LOOK IT HAS THE X SHAPE FROM THE HOBBIT MOVIE!
THAT MEANS THEY'RE DRAGONSLAYER BALLISTAS!
SEE MOM, I GET THAT REFERENCE!
I'M NOT RETARDED MOM!
STOP SAYING THAT!

Asoiaf lore states that only one dragon ever died to a ballista. It was a one in a million shot that pierced the eye. Hit any other spot and the projectile bounces harmlessly off the dragon's scales.

Too big to be a scorpion.

Attached: scorpio_fireing.jpg (3341x2227, 1.01M)

It also had enough pressure to destroy castle walls so surely it would have enough force to at least slow down the bolts

Would have been pointless because the script would have wrote that Euron survives by teleporting back to Cersei.

>Danyfags are finally getting a taste of Twenty Good Ballistae
About time.

>It also had enough pressure to destroy castle walls so surely it would have enough force to at least slow down the bolts
If it could destroy castle walls by pressure the dragon should fly in opposite direction

Attached: 57.jpg (1585x1527, 140K)

To be fair, the Targs of old had large older dragons. Daenerys' young dragons are pretty shit tier in comparison.

You need to realize that there is no logic consistency left in GoT. The dragons do what they do in order to further the plot or have a certain image and scene on screen. It's a most superficial and haphazardly stitched together array of plot scenes and braggery.

Some Roman style fantasy would be kino
anything out there worth adapting?
or should i just watch Rome for the 6th time?

Attached: basedpullo.jpg (260x260, 23K)

Just rewatched the scene now.

>Dany flying around looking smug
>epic music starting
>Rhaegal hit
>music stops

Literal meme show.

best case scenario you'd fly into a cloud of molten metal

Yeah, that's a reasonable assumption.

Ist's not even a ballista or a scorpion, it's a giant crossbow

>should i just watch Rome for the 6th time?
Regardless of the answer to your first question, yes.

Attached: jocasta.jpg (1200x675, 68K)

They had these things since Aegon's conquest and the only time they worked was when Meraxes took one in the eye since they couldn't penetrate their armored scales.

>Roman style fantasy

You'll love this.
gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/Special_Report:_Max_Borenstein_prequel_leaks_to_Game_of_Thrones_Wiki

to be fair aegons dragons were chads, danys dragons are kyles

daily reminder that the entire royal household travelled from Kings Landing to Winterfell in one cut in S01E01.

Meraxes was older than 8 years though.

ballistas > railguns > dragons

I'm honestly more annoyed by how it took out the ships than the dragons. It's like the Last Jedi where they use the hyperspace ram.
If you have that why not use it all the time?

Yeah, if ballistas are that strong why did they ever start using cannons that require stockpiling dangerous black powder??

This is literally what she's doing in the promo for the next episode and how she'll kill Euron

remember when this show was about politics and backstabbing?

If they replaced the ballistas with cannons it would make more sense

warm weapons are superior to cold weapons

>tfw you could've seen canister and grape shot turn infantry formations to red mist if D&D had any foresight

Attached: 1257526572060_-.jpg (226x223, 15K)

Watch Spartacus and thank me later.

pretty much. even a fucking cruise missile wouldnt have sank that ship as fast

That was a pilot
at that time we had zero characters established so knowing what was going on with them was irrelevant until the show got moving.

already watched that too.
not nearly enough roman kino these days.
as much as i love it, medieval style fantasy is a bit played out, rome is way more interesting.

>you now realize the rivets are there to make the arms look like octopus tentacles

>A major focus of this prequel is on diversity, as it deals with issues of immigration, naturalization, and cultural identity
fucking hell
there is a way to do this right but it will no doubt be on the nose, cheesy, hack shit.
the big bad will probably be an obvious Trump knock off

>cannons
Would literally end their medieval meme-fest. These faggots have spent way too much time being pre-industrial, especially when there is an entire fucking “maesters” organization out and about, fuckers should have already have an equivalent to black powder or at least have come up with steam powered machinery.

Gee user you're so clever it's almost like the giant squid on the sails was foreshadowing

>pre-industrial,

You need to end slavery before people start coming up with labour saving solutions

Attached: 1550526562706.gif (500x215, 385K)

yeah Dragons v a fleet the most effective deployment of dragons. No easy moving, no way to turn fast, facing based weapons, vs highly agile flying flamethrowers.

>Something like a third to a half of the cast are non-white characters - multiple members of the primary cast. It explicitly instructs this in their casting sheets.
>This also extends to diversity of female and LGBT characters, several of whom are also core cast members.

And dropped..

Attached: 1552267610229.jpg (510x430, 19K)

In the books only 4 or 5 dragons in 300 years were ever killed by humans all from ballista or an arrow to the eye. And a few babies or pygmies were killed in the dragon pit by a mob of peasants

In the books he has a giant horn that hypnotises dragons. That probably how he was intended to kill the dragon.

If I'm not mistaken they've spent the last millennia trying to suppress magical shit because it shits all over their scientific worldview and technological development.

Dragonfire can't melt plot armor.

>And dropped..
valyria is in essos, which is the same continent where the non-white populations are located

It's a lot more subtle than fish scale armor or a literal bird man

Attached: v8azNoE.jpg (1922x1828, 397K)

No, more like
zombie bears > CG budget > dragons >>> direwolves

Based Qyburn inventing laser guided, armor piercing scorpion missiles. Is there anything he can't do? He even turned invisible last episode when Missandrei got her head chopped off. I'm betting he's behind all those teleportation devices that have recently turned up in Westeros.

I have no problem with good world building and therefore a diverse cast that fits in the scenario but this is just all forced:
>Gender and Sexuality have also received a lot of worldbuilding. Apparently, in this series Valyrians don't take issue with homosexuality - one of the leaders of the conservative "Sphinx" faction is publicly in a homosexual relationship and no one thinks it's particularly unusual.

To be fair, they're a Roman inspired civilization.

>, fuckers should have already have an equivalent to black powder or at least have come up with steam powered machinery.

Didn't they have some kind of green explosive shit?

Attached: thinking.gif (320x320, 240K)

Why do they always try to turn successful good shows (or formerly good in GoT case) and diversify the hell out of the sequels?

>"A major focus of this prequel is on diversity, as it deals with issues of immigration, naturalization, and cultural identity - all within a multi-ethnic democratic state."
>Borenstein
Every single fucking time.

Also,
>He is known for writing Godzilla (2014) and Kong: Skull Island (2017).
God help us all. This will be worse than season 8.

Because it's still a business at the end of the day and shows only need to be good initially to gain traction. Then it's all pandering to the lowest common denominator.

You know that these people will contradict itself the moment that appears
>In this society all that is normal and nobody makes a big deal about about it
>LOOK! Look ! how that is totally normal and nobody cares! Looks again! Did we showed you their diverse sexuality although it does nothing to the plot ?

>"what does it mean to be 'Valyrian', and who gets to share in that power and prestige?"
FUCKING LEL, the Valyrians were slavers and tyrants that sent those they conquered down into their hellish mines to slave away and die.

Because these days when creating a show, Hollywood also already keeps the Twitter, Tumblr and Youtube reaction in mind.
Its the faggot Burlington Bar reaction crowd that actually controls what we will see

I like how they're obsessed with "diversifying" Europe and North America, while at the same time obsessed with keeping Israel a racially pure ethnostate.

it still is, but we're the ones getting backstabbed this time.

Did anyone else find the way Dany didn't really react to Rhegals death strange?

Lol

More strange then simply not making a fast and big turn and wreck Eurons fleet from behind ?..Not really

This is some next level subversion. D&D, I though you were brainless trustfundbaby hacks. How wrong I was.

>Production on Empire of Ash has been "on hold" since fall 2018, as HBO only made announcements about Goldman's The Long Night prequel
Consider it canceled.

Tbh not many would have that quick thinking. Especially when 'bawww they killed muh babby... again'

But the jet propulsion would push you back

>Goldman

Attached: 1548935693125.png (1542x927, 336K)

Which shouldn't bother the dragon or daenarys

As I said in another thread, if the reception of GoT finale is as catastrophic as looks like, they will probably drop this fanfic. Good riddance.

Romans used to be killed over homosexuality, at least how we define it today. There was loopholes obviously but get fucked with not having a problem with it

>you'd fly into a cloud of molten metal
>shouldn't bother the dragon or daenarys
Literally how Viserys died you fool

>Your grace
>I call it a "kalash"
>simple, really

Attached: a kalashnikov, your grace.png (1599x904, 1.99M)

>ice dragon destroyed the fucking wall
>Dany's dragons couldn't destroy a fleet of ships
Why are the dragons even in this show?

I know its retarded fan fiction but some autistic part of my mind would really like to see that Westeros is actually part of that " Thousand Worlds " Universe and just fucked back by that Intergalactic war.

Looks like an octopus tentacle.

Attached: 1556197666232.jpg (599x752, 58K)

The scorpion is not even a ballista it's more primitive tech. 200 A.D. tech easily.

Napoleonic warships with 100 cannons would harldy engage at the range Euron shot at Dany's fleet because on average only one shot would hit and they'd pray it hit something soft because at that range it wouldn't bother the hull of the ship nevermind dragon-scales.

>I'm betting he's behind all those teleportation devices that have recently turned up in Westeros.
"King's Landing? King's Landing was just the beginning! Those damned Gates have opened up everywhere! Lannisport, Dragonstone, Winterfell -- no city is safe."

Attached: TESIV_Rumors.png (1015x768, 524K)

What about the Greeks who didn't actually believe women could feel love but were only baby dispensers while actual love was between a man and his male companion?

>Your grace...

Attached: a sip, your grace.png (968x681, 468K)

so this is the power of female leadership

checked

They only had a problem if a Roman performed the passive role, which they thought was inappropriate for a nation of conquerors. Fucking slaves and other nationalities in the ass was fair game though.

It would be interesting to see an extremely faggy Valyrian leader like the Roman emperor Elagabalus by the way, who gets assassinated because he's too much of a faggot. It could be entertaining. But a Hadrian would be fine too.

>GoT Jews turning Carthage into Wakanda
yikes

Attached: download (1).jpg (187x270, 12K)

I hope the last one dies next episode. Dany is a shit pilot, Bran would have handled a dragon better.

Unless the dragon is strong enough to handle it. In which case he should also be able to handle heavy armor

Because he wasn't daenarys, or a dragon.

>"The Young Dragons' POV character" - a mixed race female dragon-rider, with black skin but platinum-blonde/white Valyrian hair. Even successfully bonding with a dragon wasn't enough to convince the Sphinxes that she is a "real" Valyrian.

Attached: 88687e35cf7df3394f02d5009fc5abbe.jpg (745x1072, 125K)

But can she teleport right behind Cercei and fuck her with a dragon star-on?

>dude tentacles lmao
why does it look so stupid? How did they achieve such a free-rotating device? It's mounted on a ball-joint or what?

it's based and redpilled
youtube.com/watch?v=_IRD7jB1Tqc

Loving these donut steel characters

I'm more curious about those perfectly smooth ropes they're using.

Can't you wax rope to make it smoother?

There was one in the Dance of Dragons war when they scoured dragon stone for bastards from the V Lords pounding the servants. One of the V Lord like the dark chocolate and they had some slaves from the summer isles

She took off and hid in the mountains of the moon with her dragon

Sounds like Nettles

What language is this?

it's called English

yeah but she could not resist her black side and stole the dragon and took off

What the fuck are you trying to say?

Euron will use this horn to bind the will of Dany last dragon screen cap this.

Kek

These dragons are so fucking stupid. They are all very fucking stupid. Everyone is stupid.

ballistas are actually shit, they need to be impractically big to do any real damage

Why were they scared of dragons again? Clouds and arrows are enough to destroy them

>siege of KL
>city is burning
>slaughter on both sides in the city
>cersei watches from the window
>arya is sneaking up behind her
>ed sheeran bursts into the room sword in hand
>mfw

Attached: 1556613901032.jpg (300x420, 34K)

>Euron blows the horn
>Suddenly, Dany orders all the starks and lannisters killed
>Tries to kill Jon but Drogon refuses
>Jon has to climb Drogon and stabs Dany becoming He Who Was Promised to deafeat the night king 3 episodes ago
>And Who, Are You..

>black screen
>credits roll
>Hands of Gold plays

underrated

>A bloodied Dany looks up at him
>You are no one Jon Snow
>Takes off her face
>It's Ygritte
>Takes off her face
>It's Arya
>Dies
KINO

>what does it mean to be Valaryian
>borenstein
undeniable proof jews cannot stand blonde hair blue eyed people

>books: a handful of dragons could conquer the planet
>show: dragons get btfo by a piece of equipment you can build in a week

jews

Yeah and nothing happened during that trip, and time for everyone else jumped forward as well. Are you telling me nothing happened in Winterfell for the enter duration of the trip? Nothing happened in Kings landing?

Oh wait they didn't have time to show any of that cause DnD opted for fucking 6 episodes to wrap all this shit up.

Mate it's not a loophole if their entire concept of sexuality is fundemntally different. Sure, it was dishonorable for a Roman man to bottom for another, but that included your wife. Letting her ride you, or god forbid you eat her out was the single most taboo thing you could do, even the slaveboy who just got pumped full of cum could look down on a man who let his wife take charge sexually.

trolls and goblins hate humans

Is that a lego product placement?

yeah wtf, sure they're stupidly oversized, but ships don't just fall to pieces like that, even under cannon fire.

I'm guessing they're meant to be suction cups, 'cause squids

>imagine debating this stupid mess with real arguments

Attached: 1553069587504.jpg (1024x1024, 161K)

How does putting a hole in a ships wood that is above water make it sink?

Attached: dwarven battle tactics (2).webm (640x266, 2.55M)

i mean
it's just like AA shit today

those bolts are moving way too fast to get destroyed, best case scenario is you're getting a faceful of burning hot shrapnel

What did they call those spinning things they threw? It was something wacky.

Twiddley widdleys?

peenus weenus

oh no! waaaahhhhh! my fantasy tv show overpowered their medieval weaponry!

seriously. you faggots are upset about ballista bolts defying physics when magic that brings people back from the dead, zombies, and dragons are a natural occurrence?

>110 IQ man makes what he believes is a smart and scathing post
Stay with your kind on plebbit.

physics is physics
magic is magic
and lazy writing is lazy writing
if you want to invent some magic balista bolts for the show, then you can set that up in the story
if not you are just changing physical properties of things that exist in real life and its kinda hard for the audience to buy it.

internal consistency

youtu.be/zexRToMLGOY

Attached: 1557273580959.jpg (634x357, 27K)

I CLAUDIUS

>and mounted on the fucking bow of a sailboat

It’s time to drop fantasy all together. Watch I Claudius.

Is that from a screenshot from Dragon Shooter XII? I heard it's one of the better mobile games.

too wordy for Yea Forumsirgins

Alright let's not slander any one specific name here

I literally don't understand anything thats happened in this season so far. NOTHING is making sense.

Gay marriage was prohibited in Rome.Stop with this meme

why does he look so much like a bird?

>The Battle of Castillon was a battle fought on 17 July 1453
>The park included up to 300 guns of various sizes, and was protected by a ditch and palisade on three sides and a steep bank of the River Lidoire on the fourth
Gunpowder and cannon were far more prevalent far earlier than most people realise
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Castillon

Yes.

Attached: Ballistas_-_Heroes_series.jpg (640x324, 67K)

Spartacus, but don't be put off by the first few episodes, I dropped the show for years because I thought it was garbage but it finds its own niche and you'll eventually love the characters (apart from the nigress)

>If it could destroy castle walls by pressure the dragon should fly in opposite direction
unless the dragon is moving with more force in the same direction as the castle walls are being blown
using your backwards ass logic we would never be able to move anything because we'd also go flying in opposite directions

play total war

Will Dany find dragon armor that just happens to be lying in Dragonstone's basement all this time and she simply never bothered to check? She will feel so dumb for that.

Attached: 1557180679176.jpg (850x850, 135K)