Why is Jason Voorhees a pop culture punchline while Michael Myers still has some degree of respect...

Why is Jason Voorhees a pop culture punchline while Michael Myers still has some degree of respect? They're both hulking, silent monsters with the singular goal of killing.

Attached: Jason-and-Michael-1024x658.jpg (1024x658, 71K)

Nostalgia and forlorn golden era syndrome

It's the masks

One looks creepy but aesthetical. Other just plain creepy

I enjoy the F13 movies but they rank the lowest of the "big three" slasher franchises to me. Halloween and Elm Street, plus the first two TCM films, Black Christmas and even lesser known slasherkinos like My Bloody Valentine, Maniac and The Burning all exist because of a genuine desire to tell a good story and were made with passion. F13 largely got popular because it just so happened to exist at the right time, not because it was sincerely great.

Virgin chad vs chad virgin. Classic trope.

You are joking right? I am a real Halloween fan and let me tell you something, not only normies FUCKING ADORE Jason but horror fans, did you know that Michael has been the punchline for years? Maybe youve heard about a little movie called Halloween: Resurrection, just to show you how much it almost killed the franchise....they fucking kill Laurie withing the first 5 minutes and Michael gets kicked by fucking BUSTA RHYMES and made to look like an absolute bitch for a funny quip moment.

We all know people never gave 2 shits about Michael until Rob Zombie literally saved the character from oblivion.

I dont care if people like him now that hey did that sequel but WE FANS DONT FORGET.

I never liked Jason, NEVER, he seems DUMB and fucking slow.

This might just be a personal thing, but IMO a 100% human killer will always be scarier than a supernatural one.

Because Jason is a literal retard, where as Michael just likes stabbing people.

Which one is the human killer?

I used to prefer Michael Myers over Jason but then I rewatched the Halloween movies and realized how shitty the character is, even in the first one, while Jason is still great in F13 parts 2 and 3.

Michael. Jason's been a zombie since part 6.

jason went to space and became a campy parody of himself. as early as part 4, they were making meta jokes like paintballers in the woods putting on bandanas that said "dead" on them. it's not like any of the movies are good anyway. halloween actually has some artistic merit

I like the "lore" of F13.
>retarded kid
>super zombie
>also a deadite
>also becomes enhanced my nanomachines
Unfortunately the only times they fully use Jason to his potential are part 4, 6, 7, and X.

I'm the exact opposite, a human can be killed. Of course Michael is extremely hard to kill but it can be done and then the threat is gone for good. But a supernatural killer like Jason and Freddy keeps coming back over and over again.

Best Jason is in Freddy vs Jason. Prove me wrong.

Yeah, but it doesn't cut as deep when you know there's a 0% chance of something like that happening in real life. Also, supernatural elements usually come with confirming an afterlife, which can diminish the fear of death.

Best Jason is in part 3 but FvsJ Jason is better than most.

Freddy vs Jason was a shit movie but the title characters were at the top of their game. Shame they had to split screentime with the worst set of "protagonists" in either series.

It's not like Michael ever dies either.

Halloween 2018 would've been so much better if they didn't throw in "he's not really dead hehe" in the credits. They're just gonna run the franchise right back into the dirt. Hopefully we'll get at least one more decent-to-okay movie instead of immediately nosediving like the last time JLC breathed new life into the series.

Donald Pleasance as Doctor Sam Loomis. He just brought something special to those original five movies.