I thought this show was gonna be shit. It’s actually really fucking good

I thought this show was gonna be shit. It’s actually really fucking good.

Attached: 8707F40E-B5A5-4B50-9B60-C94FE731F773.jpg (1282x1922, 325K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vCJUDdEirco
sciencenordic.com/what-vikings-really-looked
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I agree. Pretty much a fantasy show without magic though. I liken it to a modern Conan or something like that. A 'barbarian' saves the kingdom and people over and over again narrowly avoiding death. What more could you want?

It's kino and for high IQ bros with patrician tastes.

Attached: 1555721139818.webm (640x640, 845K)

yeah it surprised me as well.
I think first few episodes and overall season 1 is kinda meh but it gets really good in season 2 both story and production wise

Why would there be magic in a show that is based around historical events?

no u

>I thought this show was gonna be shit. It’s actually really fucking good.
Same. Watched the first two episodes but damn it's really good. Feels like it's on the same level maybe slightly better than s1 Game of Thrones

What did you think of season 3?

Attached: 53349992_357967228384188_2329266947267230563_n.jpg (640x640, 99K)

youtube.com/watch?v=vCJUDdEirco

>I liken it to a modern Conan or something like that.
you are pretty spot on with that. only thing missing is utrecht mocking civilization for being full of backstabbing hypocrites and making people weak

yea it felt like watching a live action mount and blade playtrough and thats a good thing

Skade was a crazy bitch but fucking hot. I wish she was still on.

I kept getting mount & blade vibes also when I was watching it

even better.
maybe it was because a big part was filmed during winter and I am a huge sucker for snow but those episodes were by far the best looking once I have seen in modern tv.
also the early battle and the last battle in season 3 easily blows everything game of thrones has ever done out of the water.
actual use of tactics and a tons of people on screen wearing great looking armor at the same time

that blond actress is really cute but a bad actress or at least she was a bad fit for the character she was supposed to play. she make off as a spoilt brat, not a evil witch who everybody is afraid off.
but other then that season 3 was awesome.
also probably one of the few shows which does female characters in medieval setting right

Going to give this a shot then. You fags were right about Hannibal & this doesn't look nearly as cringeworthy as I thought that show to be.

I also thought Hannibal was pretty cringy and I love this show

>tfw no leofric best bro to text you at 3 am and call you an arseling

fun fact
right after I had binge watched all season on netflix my friend asked me to go on a small holiday trip to denmark with him.
before I went I told my mother about the show and when I came back from denmark she had also watched all 3 season and loved it.
coming back home was like viking overload discussion wise
good times

Obviously I fucked up my statement. What I meant was it wasn't nearly as cringeworthy as I'd assumed it would be until the end, and the cringe was made up for by Mikkelsen.

It's mediocre. Not bad not good either.

GoT is in the same tier as capeshit it's not hard to be better than it.

I'm still pissed they wasted such a good character.

>Hannibal
That show WAS cringey pseudery though. Awful second/third season too from what I've heard.

I don’t want to give away any spoilers to people who haven’t watched it but they also wasted another great character at the end of season 1 which pissed me off. But at least the writers aren’t hacks who are afraid to kill off good characters I guess.

The Last Kino has so much soul and it's not on the normies radar like GoT

S1 was very good user. It went downhill since then and now it's a trainwreck but s1 was good.

Attached: KbUMoyQy5ME.jpg (2560x1439, 1.19M)

The good bits, especially that first season, were more than good enough to me so that I didn't feel like I wasted time on the bad shit, especially that third season. Which was actually way closer to the kind of cringe I'd expected the show to be entirely made of to begin with.

If they'd just stuck as close to the damn books as they did those 1st -3rd seasons it'd have been fine.

Same, it's real fucking good, glad it got picked up again.

I've been interested in giving this a shot, but

>Netflix

makes me very hesitant.

They abandoned sticking to anything but the broadest plot points of the books all the way back in s2 you fucking faggot. Not to mention they were gonna run out of book content eventually anyway so it's not like it ended up mattering

why cant more girls have braids like this

maybe I'm retarded but it seems like so many are named uhtred

Hannibal suffered from being the kind of show held down by being forced under an IP & play within its rules. It would've been far superior with Mikkelsen playing a ripoff of Lecter, rather than actually Lecter, although he was great as Lecter.

Surprisingly free of bullshit. Not sure why though, not having diversity makes me uncomfortable, tbqh.

The one good thing about Netflix is it will have a bigger budget. Still I am also slightly worried but we will see what happens from here hopefully good things.

Is it historically accurate?

it actually is good even for Netflix. it's top 3

It's a britbong production, not Netflix.

I think it's because it looks like shit compared to just having qt straight hair

I never implied there wasn't a scale sliding gradually away from them you smegma licking autist. It just didn't get REALLY bad, to the point of the shit's overall balance being intolerable, until after the Red Wedding.

Not only that. Look at the screenshots in the picture above. They're beautiful sansa. It's like they fire all the competent staff members at some point.

It got REALLY bad in s2 you tasteless pleb

What do you call s5 then?

would bang skade destiny is all

>smegma licking autist

Fuck I need to go to sleep. Can't stop laughing.

Attached: 1556748959501.jpg (768x579, 75K)

Shit
A constant decline in quality does not mean it was magically good in s2

It's a BBC show netflix bought the us rights to
might even have been bbc america first

Uhtred is a bit of a marty stu but it’s still good. The actor who plays Alfred is great. I had fun watching all three seasons

For the most part yes. It's a really good sword and shield action-drama and the cast really grow on you. I'm happy it's still relatively obscure tbqh desu

The big battle scenes are pretty enjoyable as well

The show would have been a lot better without the author's autistic anti-Christian self-insert MC

Attached: 5C751D42-6060-48B0-8263-26DF74545452.jpg (750x501, 411K)

>For the most part yes

Based historically illiterate brainlet

>great looking armor
one of my big problems with the show is how inconsistent the costume design is. sometimes it's amazing, but there is also plenty of skin-tight leather and sleeveless vikings.

Attached: game of thrones.jpg (480x720, 53K)

>without the author's autistic anti-Christian self-insert MC
That'd honestly be better than Vikings, where you knew shit was going downhill the second they let the monk live & invited him to join a threesome.

Just tell me which bits instead of being a twat m8

I haven't finished S2, but my impression was the opposite. S1 felt more grounded and gritty, S2 has a lot of stale tropes and hard-to-believe situations.

That said I'm entertained so I'll definitely keep watching it. I hope I see more intimidating viking fuckers like Ubba or Skorpa.

Not him
sciencenordic.com/what-vikings-really-looked

i like it except i was taken right out of it back in season 1 when the little shitkid and nun were suddenly fighting like gods on the battlefield and then she goes on to have an arc about how she doesnt know how to fight and hasnt killed anyone before
then in season 2 again beocca is for some reason one of the first men to go headfirst into a siege with a little club
miss me with that meme shit

I WANTED TO POST THAT. THIS. there are, of course, some production mishaps and mistakes, general flaws here and there, but the show budget is low, so I'm not surprised. it's not spoiling a single thing, though. in fact, even with limited resources, show successfully manages to create a unique and fulfilling atmosphere, you actually care about the characters (even the side ones), and god damn it, lads, everything is SO comfy. I love LK

yep,also it doesnt take itself too seriously,wich is nice after years of GoT and their dragons and tits bullshit.

There are no other characters like Ubba, he was awesome for sure

Definitely more than Vikings is

is LK the next GOT?

No, thank the gods
>in b4 one God

even though I love TLK,I have to admitt that its nowhere near to the level of the best episodes of GoT.

>jumps over a shield wall
ok kiddo
but really though the combat scenes are way better than v*kings :D

why are scandis so fucking orange?

>Awful second
kys pleb

I think so too, and it's probably (most definable) for the best

aghh mmhm God is great mmhm God is good

Attached: warped (1)-1.jpg (105x124, 11K)

I want to _____ skade !

Attached: skade94.webm (480x480, 1.31M)

gut like a fish

wife