Film features decent timetravel plot

>film features decent timetravel plot
>everybody calls it "convoluted"

Attached: 1542250750122.png (159x161, 21K)

The only kino time travel is Back to the Future

For the record, End Game did not feature time travel.

Could Groundhog Day be considered timetravel in a sense?

It's alright if you don't go too deep into details.

Personally no, but the repeating day should be a genre. Like Edge of Tomorrow.

TimeStop?
TimeNoNo?
NoMoreTime?

Savescumming

Genesys wasn't THAT bad.

Last bump

there is no such thing as a decent time travel plot. fantasy trash, all of it.

/Thread

This. There is one universe, one time and one god. The christian god.

EDGE OF TOMORROW IS THE BEST TIME TRAVEL MOVIE

>MFW HE PERFECTS THE BEACH RUN AFTER GETTING MURDERED HORRIBLY A THOUSAND TIMES
ONE OF THE BEST PAYOFFS IN ALL OF CINEMA HISTORY, TAPS INTO A PRIMAL GAMING VEIN
LIKE WHEN GRUG FINALLY FIGURED OUT HOW TO KILL A SABERTOOTH TIGER

Attached: monolith tools.jpg (1280x720, 53K)

Recomend some timetravel fix after homestuck

I personally always thought the idea that you create a new timeline without affecting your own is a good concept , but you cannot come back to your original timeline, yet you won't become non existent thanks to the change. But I'm sure this is flawed.

purely logically seen fast forward timetravel is the only good plot tool. Like that one time in futurama where they went to a second big bang

>film features time stopping device
>nobody has sex with anyone of the frozen women

Attached: 1514339578010.png (644x500, 66K)

Attached: 1536819094467.jpg (152x254, 23K)

Why is it repeating day stories always end up kino? It's such a fucking fun premise.

Attached: 1533204247722.png (508x328, 144K)

Time Travel cannot be decent unless characters sit down and plan for days/weeks/months the perfect way to abuse it with minimum risk. That rules out 99.99% of time travel stories. They cannot possibly be decent because characters refuse to behave in a way that is remotely believable, by simply sitting in front of a drawing board and planning ahead in a situation that requires planning ahead. These stories *must* feature characters that suddenly refuse to discuss options and alternatives and experiments and risks and cheap abuse, even when the same characters are previously established as clever, because if they do that then there is no story.

The worst part is that many times the characters will eventually abuse time travel with a cheap trick but only at the end of the story to solve a crisis. The intended effect is to make the audience marvel at the hero's ability to think outside the box. "I can't believe he discovered at the last second that he could just travel one second in the past 10 times in a row to fight the bad guy 11 vs 1 and win!". The only thing it actually does is that it makes the audience wonders why the main characters didn't do that in the first place and ended the story before it started, and there is no answer to that, because time travel is babby tier plotshit.

this is why i like primer; they start out believing they're in control but the whole thing collapses pretty quickly