Apparently AMC ran an ad for The Terror Season 2 last night but it's nowhere online. Did anyone catch it?

Apparently AMC ran an ad for The Terror Season 2 last night but it's nowhere online. Did anyone catch it?

Attached: 4537.png (540x720, 732K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sMRAweflpZM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump for interest

this show sucked

Twitter says it ran during Badlands. Any DVR anons?

Attached: brainlet.gif (615x548, 18K)

Attached: 1523993918300.jpg (433x458, 38K)

you fell for the facade of production values and cheap pseudohistoric costume this production is wearing. dan simmons is a brainlet of the highest order, the fact that he's praised in the scifi fantasy genre is all the evidence i need to prove that.

Why did the show suck

Another ship called Terror?!

literal brainlet all of those things could be true (they're not) and it'd still be kino

>dan simmons is a brainlet of the highest order

Agreed but this adaptation elevated his novel to a level unseen since Kubrick took on King's The Shining.

Was barely a 10 second teaser, didnt show shit.
Watch the series finale of Into the Badlands on demand if you wanna see it.

MK is a fucking buster

series is shit. only a fool would keep watching it

How is there going to be a season 2? What is it going to be about? Doesn't make sense.

>starring George Takei

Imagine finding a way to make the best show on television better

Even with Hickey's fag shit The Terror was based.

I was interested in it when I assumed the horror of the situation would be dealing with being stranded in ice, dwindling supplies, disease etc.
But then they added a shitty Magic Yeti and I dropped the show.

It's an anthology. This season is about a ghost at an internment camp.

lol

everything after the cgi polar bear was garbage and everything after the abandonment of the terror was irredeemable schlock. just because a show has promise, which it did, doesn't make it good if it nose dives into an empty pool, which it did.

>this show sucked
>was garbage
You're not explaining your reasonning, you're just repeating things with different words

major fail

Why didn't the book / show get more shit of being such an obvious knockoff of the New Mutants comic? Especially suspicious because a related X-Men spin-off Alpha Flight had a story arc based on the Terror and Cap. Crozier

Attached: New Mutants 018-017.jpg (988x1500, 836K)

>expect show about the hubris of humanity and pride
>dude cgi monster!
>dude faggot acting as the joker who wants just to spread caos!
>everyone is going crazy!
>white people bad! noble savage Eskimos everywhere!

Well that can be interesting if they keep the same production level.

>the hubris of humanity and pride
this was Hickey. just because he had a white superiority complex on top of this doesnt mean it wasnt still speaking to that core concept.

Bump for kino.

Attached: 1549123920235.jpg (960x960, 218K)

Because there's a CGI monster doesn't mean it can't have human moments, which it had.

you do realize this is a horror series, right?

>breeders need to survive on their own
>they revert to cannibalism
>they die anyway
No surprise.

God this show was fucking amazing, so excited to watch the first season again. Travesty that garbage like GoT gets the numbers it does compared to real quality like this.

Season 2 will be crap because of diversity and feminism shit

Well they portrayed the fag as a complete psycho so it's even more based.

What was the point of the monster if they all died anyway, and most of them weren't even killed by it? I kinda liked the show but it seemed to be missing something.

>Breeders
But its literally the crew's evil scheming faggot who starts the cannibal trend

>Season 2 will be crap because of diversity and feminism shit

Attached: 013.jpg (1024x682, 177K)

The Terror S2 already started and it's called Chernobyl.

No one cares about Season 2 user. It's going to be nothing like the real show.
the definition of an ultra fag.

I want every capeshit fan to be killed.

Attached: 1416249694361.gif (299x399, 1.73M)

are you for real?
he's not wrong, no one wants to watch a show about a Jap internment camp and have a little guilt fest. The Terror is about sailing into the arctic.

>a ghost at an internment camp
anne frank? i hope she gets up to some wacky hijinks.

Didn't watch the show but these threads were ultra comfy

Literally one of my all time favourites. It’s greater than the sum of its parts and imo has a Tein Peaks-like special quality to it.

>and imo has a Tein Peaks-like special quality to it.
It's nothing like Twin Peaks.

Except I didn’t say it was like twin peaks. I’m referring to the special quality that TP has (especially s3), and how i find it engrossing on an holistic level. If one aspect was different (the acting, the dialogue, the score, the production quality, etc), I would probably just consider it good, like 99% of other shows. But this is one of the few shows that I think is truly special.

you not accepting my reasoning is different from me not explaining them.

ur gay lol

no one cares you fucking nerd

what's with the chains

based chainlet poster

bump for interest
I also miss the old Terror threads, they were comfy af

Attached: 1525713090734.png (2518x1024, 267K)

Well your reasoning being shit is the main reason

so can anyone post it?

>whydidhesethimselfonfire.jpg

Attached: 1528904026758.png (1920x1080, 2.26M)

I saw it and can give you a rundown if you like?

season 1 was based
season 2 sounds gay, why even call it 'the terror'?

Season 2 should've been about the search party

Attached: 1524796251021.gif (540x280, 2.8M)

what was the deal with the chains anyway?

>are you for real?
yes

Season two is George "let me jerk you off" Takei crying about how being put in a holding camp during a world war was the worst atrocity in the history of time.

The only mistake we made was letting that cleft asshole out when his people were defeated.

It's based on how they actually found his body and there is no answer. It was probably just insanity from the lead, scurvy, cannibalism, etc. Worth noting that sailors often carried gold or valuables on their body in case they died at sea to pay for a funeral (that's where the sailor with the earring image comes from). There's no reason an officer like him would do it but maybe it was superstition or something.

and why did the doc burn everything down?

so basically this
youtube.com/watch?v=sMRAweflpZM

Based

im starting to think season 2 is gonna suck balls

Unlikely, the only people the two seasons have in common are the producers and casting director.

Season one wasn't great or terrible, it was just good
Flawed, and with real strengths too.

anons just say it was amazing because it's an ensemble cast of white men. But they ignored all of the themes about colonial oppression, misogyny, racism, and really just the huge amount of progressive ideas scattered all throughout the show. Because even though they put 'politics' before quality, they don't even really care about what a show means or is saying because they don't understand it, they just get triggered or clap at superficial representations like seeing a bunch of white men on screen is so amazing.

Attached: banzai.jpg (3648x2736, 3.18M)

Attached: as a boy.webm (1280x720, 307K)

FUCK YOU SUCK

Attached: 1300576431365.png (652x451, 15K)

Most likely. The original showrunners left. It was AMC that decided to build a cash machine out of a one-off miniseries. “Let's mine this spooky social issues intersection until it's blatantly hollow”

I'm going to try it out, but I'm expecting it to be the equivalent of a Disney direct-to-home-video VHS sequels to their animated features. Especially if the writers were listening too much to Takei's input.

Why are their teeth so yellow?

Yeah they were the last good thing I remember from this board desu.

this post had been made by the liberal squad(tm)

In a dark night, even the smallest of lights shine brightly

he really was the worst kind of second

I agree with you. I got into it for the peak victorian-age kino but it lost me when the comically evil fag and magic bear took over the show. Before they leave the ship, it's great.

a cheap facsimile indeed. very dishonest 7-11 showmaking.

>Season 2 will be crap because of diversity and feminism shit
I take it you missed the part where the admiralty are shown to be incompetent compared to a wife & a mother.

Or where they cast an actual inuit to play one of the (all) unequivocally good native characters whose lives are being fucked by evil/stupid white people
or the part where the most sympathetic white person abandons his culture

Holy shit did you know a real photo of Crozier exists?

Attached: FrancisCrozier.jpg (473x545, 40K)

name recognition riding on the coattails of what had potential to be a massive success under the guise of muh antholomeme

based, btfo punished boys

Are we brothers?

Attached: file.png (945x1600, 2.28M)

>you fell for the facade of production values and cheap pseudohistoric costume this production is wearing

thats why you think people the show? are you serious nigger?

The chains are an officer's symbol of rank, I presume, since all the officers on the ships wear it attached to one of their greatcoat buttons.
Stands to reason that an officer who's gone mad and has previously been told by his crew that his rank is worthless now, would go overboard with the chains.

Not many subversive points get past me in media. I can even create them out of thin air. The terror was very low on this

tea drinking

being paranoid and obsessed is different from understanding anything

tell me when the new narcos mexico is out