Joker movie? More like a King of Comedy/Taxi Driver remake

They are basically remaking Taxi Driver and The King of Comedy but with the Joker. Robert De Niro is playing a talk show host that BTFO Arthur and leads him to madness. So instead of the Joker failing at some comedy club it will be on live tv.

Attached: 0.jpg (799x555, 258K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bl9XFq49T6U
youtu.be/sPpWzS3nCwM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>De Niro plays Rupert who got the talk show job after Jerry (Lewis) left and he got out of jail
Would watch the movie just for that

Fun Fact: meet the parents was originally suppose to star Jodie Foster as the mother in law and be about Travis Bickle meeting his soon to be son in law

that's not fun at all

Hello everyone, my name is Rupert Pumpkin

Hot

So the script will be based on The King of Comedy & Taxi Driver. The makeup is inspired by a character from A Man Who Laughs, the hair inspired by Heath's Joker, the suit a mix of De Niro in The King of Comedy and Romero's Joker.
So what exactly is going to be original in this movie again?

Attached: b94b74e9-fd81-46cb-bac7-2c3d073babb3.jpg (750x559, 108K)

king of comedy is making fun of the pleb who worship celebrities so if the director keeps that in the joker movie that would be very based. its desperately needed in this fucked up day and age

Not a fact either

Dare I say: Quentin Tarintinoian

>they are basically remaking taxi driver and king of comedy but with the joker

Is that supposed to make me not want to watch it?

Attached: film vs capeflick.jpg (2000x3176, 2.22M)

Will Arthur kill the host or the audience? That's the million-dollar question.
What is original these days, anyway?
I'm more than fine with it as well but OP is probably one of those Joker comicbook fans that post on Yea Forums or twitter and riot about this because it's not faithful to the comics.

Attached: jk.jpg (1564x1564, 877K)

This is just a post about how Joaquin is choosing the same type of characters.

i can't believe it's still months to wait to see this movie, i want to watch it now

Everyone's completely forgotten about the Joker movie. Kek

Taxi Driver Joker Style Trailer
>youtu.be/bl9XFq49T6U

Attached: 1554612773203.jpg (1794x4528, 1.08M)

>every single mcu is the same cookie cutter movie made with factory precision to be inoffensive and easily forgotten so you can move on to the next one
>no individual care
>joker movie takes inspiration from classic movies
>everyone upsetti

Attached: le joker face BROUGHT TO YOU BY MEMECENTER DOT COM.jpg (640x492, 145K)

Hardcore Batman fans only, they are always upset about everything.

The only person he'll kill, in the movie, will be the killer of the Wayne parents.

And then comicbook fans will be more upset because he'll be actually a good guy, more like an anti-hero. I can only imagine the roasting afterwards.

>the same cookie cutter movi
THIS. you could plop Robert Redford in The Winter Soldier into Guardians Vol. 2 and he wouldn't look out of place at all. Fuck Marlel and viva Jokerchad!

The leaks mentioned that he'll kill one of the rich guys that attack him on the subway.

Basically it’s a guy who’s crazy and wears a red suit. That’s the only similarity.

>rich guys
I don't get it. Everyone on Yea Forums calls them rich guys but where's the proof? Is it because they wear suits?

Attached: 1556626016707.jpg (1564x1564, 467K)

The fact that something like this is even made in this day and age,

It's because they are white. Ever seen a poor white dude?

Talking about leaks,
HUGE SPOILER PIC WARNING

Attached: 1539923353311.png (768x1074, 1.27M)

Yikes

Where did you find this

A faggot posted it here a few months ago without spoiler warning along with other set pictures.

no way they would let take photos on day when they shoot ending.

We don’t know it’s the ending

This is another set picture from the same day. Doesn't look like the ending to me either because this picture probably happens after this one

Attached: 1539922826715.png (1024x437, 895K)

Is this movie going to be r rated?

Unless it's reverse and this picture is before the other one, who knows. I'm surprised that WB is okay with all these leaks, there are too many leaked pictures and videos from the movie while filming.

>I'm surprised that WB is okay with all these leaks, there are too many leaked pictures and videos from the movie while filming.
they behind it.

i am a poor white dude from a poor white town

Joaquin phoenix playing the joker

So spoiling the movie is part of their plan? What kind of fuckery is this? If those leaked pictures are from the ending, why would anyone want to watch it if they know exactly what's going to happen?

He was already playing that character back in 2000, you just didn't pay attention.

Yes but they are still richer than your average nigger and paco because they do work.

nah it's a comedy bro

>Literally john malcovich but real

God I hate the makeup they gave him

I think it looks great but then again I'm not a fag

I like it
The sharp lines have always been a big no go for clowns

It's based on a character from the Man who laughs.

Attached: 1557057509616.jpg (1564x1564, 717K)

Where's the latest poster?

They mean this one since it's the only official poster.

Attached: 2e23606b-34f2-4a93-91d5-df19f7996332.jpg (1080x1349, 81K)

>the suit a mix of De Niro in The King of Comedy and Romero's Joker.
No Ronald MacDonald in the mix? They're not fooling us with those ketchup and mustard colors.

that's why it was produced by Scorsese, he even wanted to direct it at some point but back out.

Watched The Dark Knight Rises a few days ago and I noticed that in the movie it was also the actor who will be Thomas Wayne in this one.

Oh man, compare this poster to the latest MCU posters. Sometimes a poster should be as simple as possible.

Yes, and they still commit less crimes than even most well-off blacks.

>So what exactly is going to be original in this movie again?
What was the last time a cape movie was not centered around epic CGI fights?

You have a point. I honestly don't even remember when was the last time that this happened.

Logan.

But I don't mean it in a disparaging way, I think this may be potentially just as good. Call it capeshit, but if we can get blockbuster movies to be almost like popular movies were before Star Wars ruined everything by creating "the blockbuster" I'll gladly take it.

The difference though is that Logan still remains a character with powers. The Joker movie seems less than capeshit since if it wasn't named"Joker", anyone would think that it's just a story about a s
mentally ill person with a clown makeup wjo is apparently also a killer.

Or a John Wayne Gacy biopic, not only because of the makeup resemblance but also because the comedy club he visits is called "Pogo's".

Attached: 1555523157800.png (1280x720, 283K)

I like that angle of it better than just the whole "oh look, it's Batman's nemesis. See, he IS pretty strange, right, guys?"

Anyone knows how long it usually takes for the official trailer to come out?

the makeup is john wayne gacey

>he even wanted to direct it at some point but back out.
When he realised he'd just be directing a remake of his own films?

And that's a bad thing why exactly?

millions, yes

that´s stupid. the comedy club number would have worked much better thematically wise and would have given them a chance to make it darker, with audience members throwing bottles at him and getting violent

Because Batman comicbook fans will be upset about a movie called Joker that actually has nothing to do about the character from the comics.

the ending where Joker armed with a mech suit wants to release toxic gas from the top of gotham tower and batman has to fight him

Batman won't be in this movie, only as a kid. I'll give you a few seconds to cry about it.

the coloring at least

Attached: john-wayne-gacy.jpg (1200x909, 146K)

God you’re an obnoxious little spitfuck

Well yeah, there might be a reference since there is also a comedy club called Pogo's as well,

he is going to RISE UP

He probably left because Leo was not the Joker.

Everytime I see him, I remember this guy
youtu.be/sPpWzS3nCwM

Is he the first Joker actor who resembles the Joker without make-up? I don't know, is it the nose?

Attached: jk trailer.jpg (774x1564, 103K)

It's actually an origin story to Death to Smoochy.

RIP Robin Williams

Yes. Imagine if he actually had the exact same look as the Joker. I don't mind the look they gave him but it's also a little waste to cast someone who resembles the character but you don't give him the iconic appearance.

Attached: 33a83edb4c5a05518902d07eab99c097.jpg (554x804, 95K)

Man, what a glow up. I wish that was me.

I fucking love this

Nope, the million dollar question is if he's the real joker or just someone that will inspire him. This, makes you think since character on the right was the real inspiration for the Joker but in this version they chose the appearance of the other guy instead.