Why aren't there any good adventure movies anymore?

Why aren't there any good adventure movies anymore?

Attached: clem.jpg (1080x924, 133K)

everybody is too srs now

Attached: pirates-of-the-caribbean-jack-elizabeth.jpg (1200x600, 306K)

Adventure is toxic masculinity

>why don't white people make media for me anymore?
make it yourself

The first problem is that adventures generally involve exploiting other cultures. Too much potential for backlash due to not being 100% accurate or insensitive.

blame capeshit
we had mummy and tomb raider movies recently but they underperformed, meanwhile even dumbest capeshit performs almost twice better
studios won't invest into adventure movies, they are costly, you need sets, locations, stunts.. it can't be done by greenscreen if you want authentic feeling

because having adventures is colonialism or whatever the fuck

Does Green Book count?

Aquaman was basically a terrible adventure movie

Unironically due to capeshit. So no more kino movies like the Mummy.

New jumanji movie was actual pretty decent

nu-manji was pretty shit desu. should have just assumed so bc the rock is in it.

Im still mad they killed dark universe. The movie was better than any capeshit and including ISIS was so touching. These faggots are destroying remains of ancient cultures! This should be explored more than some stupid purple alien.

ayo mayne livin with wypipo be an adventure erryday

>no more Mummy movies
>no more Riddick movies
>no more Indian Jones movies (Crystal Skull doesn't exist)
Hold me guys

The colonialist flavour is not acceptable anymore

What's the point of this picture? If she wanted to take a "cute" picture of herself, why travel thousands of miles to do so? And if she wanted a picture of the sphinx, why did you block 3/4 of the shot with your face?

Attached: how women take photos.jpg (500x356, 17K)

The Dracula movie was pretty good. Whatever happened to that Monster Cinematic Universe thing they wanted to do?

Having an adventure is a white privilege and its 2019

>Whatever happened to that Monster Cinematic Universe thing they wanted to do?
People misunderstood the concept. Media painted it to be Marvel-like while it wasn't the intention. They are making Invisible Man now, and this one will be low-budget approach.
>What makes Dark Universe intriguing is that — unlike with DC and Marvel — the budgets of the films will range dramatically and could even include low-budget forays. For instance, sources say Universal-based microbudget horror producer Jason Blum has expressed interest in tackling a low-budget monsterverse outing.
This is from 2016 or so. Yet, with the release of The Mummy they thought that it will be MCU thing and started hating it because.. beacuse.

She's a literal model and also one of my waifus

Answer the question, thirsty faggot.

I did. She is a model so she puts her beautiful face in the pic for thirsty betas like me to masturbate to.

Cringe and zoomerpilled

Aquaman is technically an adventure flick but the problem with making something like The Mummy (1999) is that you can't show ethnic groups in an unflattering light otherwise SJW fucksticks will REEEEEEE!!!FACT!!!

>make it yourself

Why don't niggers and women make media for themselves instead of crying for representation and expecting to cater to them, eh you self loathing fucking faggot?!?FACT!!!

Who are you quoting?

>The Dracula movie was pretty good.
Embarrassing

t. Synder

It was garbage and so are the new dc movies you retarded zoomer poof.

You can't fool anyone here, super zoomer.

If you haven't watched the kino that is English Patient watch it now. /ourguy/ Fiennes is in it.

Attached: EnglishPatient-Almasy.jpg (1200x600, 325K)

spbp
Also the only race that went adventuring was white. That's no good anymore.

Jumanji was sort of an adventure movie, and it was pretty fun

Only a zoomer could like that Dracula abomination, watch the 92 version kiddo.

Dracula Untold? I didn't like it that much. Bata-made fiest was stupid. Also a vampire that will turn back into human if he doesn't drink blood.. nonsense. But Dracula killing people in London, a modern take on Stoker's novel. That would be something cool, better than Untold. However, I actually liked The Mummy more. While I liked modern approach instead of overused 30s, I didn't like Jekyll and Hyde. He shouldn't be there yet. Still wouldn't mind Tom Cruise going full Indiana Jones mode with his stunts and shit, trying to avoid princess Amunet's revenge. I hope they will make a sequel. Pacific Rim got one..

Kino scene there.

Attached: the.mummy.2017.screencap.001.png (1920x1080, 2.1M)

because a decent adventure film needs to be R18 and that would severely neuter its audience and earnings so no one is willing to take one on

>because a decent adventure film needs to be R18
Fucking retard

They know they can't compete.

Attached: mummy laugh.png (1900x1080, 1.63M)

Jumanji was surprisingly pretty good. Karen looked extremely sexy in her outfits too

Only a zoomer like you deals in absolutes.