Has there ever been a movie trilogy quite as funny as Austin Powers? Why was there never a 4th film?

Has there ever been a movie trilogy quite as funny as Austin Powers? Why was there never a 4th film?

Attached: yLIc6SbcqQc7nLOCPVMexNkUesT-5.jpg (1000x1500, 356K)

Third one sucks though except for the soundtrack and some of the Michael Caine scenes

myers mined out humor at the expense of the british and tried to do so at the expense of the indians but it backfired

SHE'S A MAN, BABY

The third movie is literally the funniest one though

The Naked Gun, retard

they just repeated the same jokes from the first two movies

Almost every joke is just a rehashed, staler version of a joke from the first two. Also Beyonce is fucking horrible

Cringe.

Back to the Future maybe? Scary Movie?

Third is the weakest but is in know way bad. The inclusion of Sir Michael Kane as Austim Powerses *fajah* was a stroke of genius

they only recycle the shadow play joke and the double entendre radar joke. I give full credit to MM for playing not one not two not three but FOUR characters in this movie. At least Goldmember was funny with that ridiculous accent and weird character quirk of... skin eating?? wtf

go to be Michael...

It went the wrong direction of adding even more toilet humor, more fat bastard scenes, and even less of a story than 2 had, and 2 barely had a story. Goldmember feels like a sketch comedy show all featuring the same characters, not an actual film.

Also the titular character "Goldmember" is pure cringe and the exact opposite of funny. It's clear that no one had the balls to tell Mike how horrible of a character he was, or he just didn't listen.

Only the one with Liz Hurley is kino

>trilogy
3rd movie wasn't funny at all and ruins what the first 2 movies achieved.

>Austin Powers
>achieved
I enjoyed the series, but "achievement"? Why do people think shlocky entertainment is about achievement or whatever dumb shit?

Goldmember should have just been an outright prank with a release just for the opening sequence where they are filming Austinpussy. Instead, the best part of the film, and arguably the 2nd and 3rd films, is done 4 minutes into the film. It was set up to be disappointing.

Not him but Austin Powers neutered James Bond's silliness

Goldmember is kino in every way.
>reee they redo jokes!
It's called callbacks, and they play off your expectations of the jokes.

1>3>2

I thought 2 was lame and full of fart jokes and shock factor forced humor. 3 at least has Michael Caine and the subtitle humor jokes. Plus it's got the Tom Cruise and Kevin Spacey parody kino at the beginning of the film.

2 had Heather Graham, your argument is invalidated

Heather Graham sucks and can't hold a candle to Elizabeth Hurley

Groovy baby

"No!"

The third movie was dogshit.

It made the mistake that a lot of long running franchises make and became a parody of itself instead of the thing that it was originally parodying. (Bond mivies/spy thrillers)

>3 better than anything.

k.y.s.

no it's not unless you find a character being over the top dutch to be hilarious

I don't care, they made the older jokes funny again. And the other three movies didn't have Evil Scotty, Mini Austin, Nigel Powers, that classic intro, Goldmember or Fat Bastard sumo wrestling and eventually losing weight.

Goldmember was a special movie. I was literally 11 when it came out, yet I remember a ton of my friends being excited to go see it. It was one of the first PG-13 movies my brother took me into and I remembered laughing so hard I cried. I even used what little money I had to buy the DVD. Last week me and the girlfriend watched it, her for the first time, and we both agreed it was the best one. I still really want a 4th.