Only an hour and a half left until some Russian apocalypse kino

Only an hour and a half left until some Russian apocalypse kino.

Attached: chernobyl.jpg (182x270, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nemYBeT4aQY
youtube.com/watch?v=zvBldWBjIjc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenpoint_oil_spill
xkcd.com/radiation/
youtube.com/watch?v=bfyNlISf_No
youtube.com/watch?v=EbucAwOT2Sc
youtu.be/Ay3PmxZJthk
chemistryworld.com/news/chernobyl-disaster-mystery-solved/3008327.article
nrc.gov/docs/ML1009/ML100900446.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=aM_HhU_CV44
twitter.com/AnonBabble

chernoBowl confirmed canon
get hyped

Can't wait for unnecessary sex scenes

hyped 2bh

Is there any stalking?

Attached: 631.jpg (1131x707, 238K)

the Chernobyl power plant BLOWS UP and the U S S R denies anything has happened.

romantic embrace with your heroic firefighter husband
>catch the radiation aids

MODS DELETE THESE SPOILERS RIGHT NOW

Attached: 1542870097008.png (1006x585, 637K)

>be Hisashi Ouchi
>exposed to massive dose of radiation
>Docs keep you alive to see limits of human body
>"Ouchi!"

Bнимaниe! Bнимaниe!

Going to see Earl Sweatshirt but damn I wish I could see this too.

*Russian for caution blares over speakers*

Attached: 15D257FD-08C9-47E6-BAA2-4941A3CFAB72.jpg (960x1200, 128K)

let me know where i can watch this together with other pople :~) anonymous ones without established regulars who have one girl they orbit in chat pls. hwo bout it. cucko.tv? wassup.watch? one of those ones

it's more like
*attention*attention*

Why is there no women of color on the rescue team?

Why is there literally zero Slavic actors lol? This is going to be jarring as fuck usually you can tell a Slav just from appearance. Anglos and non Slav are too emotional and lacking in autism to portray a Slav.

WOW WTF

Attached: 1553721060684.jpg (552x457, 28K)

>Going to see Earl Sweatshirt
faggote

Attached: jonah-hill.jpg (1280x720, 156K)

What the fuck is this propaganda

You know like only 2 people died from the actual radiation right?
And those were the 2 workers that were right next to meltdown

Attached: how to make some tap water.png (363x317, 178K)

t. zizek

Would be kino if it was made by humans instead of HomoBO

Attached: 1530085499910.jpg (500x745, 49K)

Why is there no water in the reactor core!
youtube.com/watch?v=nemYBeT4aQY
also, that old school control room looks absolutely kino. the relay logic / control panel amazes me desu

can you really get radiation aids from a dicking?

>generator trip
>full load rejection
>turban trip
how did someone manage to trip over a sikh's headware?

i hope they pet the doggo after taking the picture

Doubt it ,but here's some stalker kino:
youtube.com/watch?v=zvBldWBjIjc

No dude, Russian Television is awful, But I don't understand why westerners cum themselves over how scary chernobyl was

Like there wasn't even any change in the locale populace
Honestly I'm pretty fucking sure this HBO shit is going to be 100% propaganda because Russia is developing tons of Nuclear bases whilst Westerners need to keep the oil money going.

Nuclear Scare Mongering is the biggest fucking scam on the planet

Attached: dumb d.png (737x600, 561K)

>Russian
I said humans.

Damn this is some operator kino

Attached: operator.jpg (800x462, 130K)

I unironically think Russians are probably the most real humans there are on the planet

It might just be bias but I don't really see Russians mince words or consider anyone elses feelings but their own

It's the closest you can get to a real human bean without the weird fake societal mask we all wear

I like how most idiots in America think that if you even go near the town, you'll start sprouting eyeballs and shit, when few realize that it's relatively safe. People still live and work around the area and there tours for people fascinated by it.

>HBO show airing on a Monday
what in tarnation

Can you blame them when you had 200 million people raised on the simpsons?

I honestly think you can trace all of modern day western societie ideals and moral view points from the Simpsons

Attached: Simpsons_02_01_P5_640x360_305301059994.jpg (640x360, 153K)

>dude nuclear power is too dangerous lmao

take your antiscience propaganda and shove it up your ass

you basically only get it from being covered in or breathing in radioactive dust

t. everyone he knows has thyroid cancer

Is it at 9 eastern or 10?

>the people in the danger zone only got cancer
wtf it's harmless!

People still worked the plant in shifts right after the accident cause they could not afford to let the unaffected reactors go unused. Of course it's okay to visit, but it's still not recommended to go lick the vegetation.

I'm as lefty/environmentalist as they come and I think nuclear is without doubt one of the few forms of power that won't completely destroy the planet left to explore. But to handwave away the effects of the meltdown is silly. The direct radiation did only kill maybe 30 or so and they were first responders but it's the long term insidious shit that's really affected people. In the people who who went in to clean up afterwards (the liquidators) there was 7x the amounts of birth defects. It was the internal radiation from the water & food chain that fucked people up with thyroid cancer.

Thyroid cancer has a 98% morality rate and they can't actually trace the cancer to the radiation because people in that area had a high rate of thyroid cancer before the meltdown as well

Attached: w e w lad.png (631x311, 26K)

>Russian apocalypse kino
>Happened in Ukraine
>Made by HBO

Attached: 1556915578821.png (256x176, 53K)

>earl sweatshirt
How is kindergarten going user?

>there tours for people fascinated by it

I went in 2013. Pretty interesting stuff.

No it killed 2 people

and of the 600,000 people who were sent to clean up the place, the others died because of a helicopter crash and work place accidents

There were no birth effects because the radiation wasn't strong enough to cause that shit

right now, you sitting and staring at your laptop are receiving more radiation than the people who live in the area of Chernobyl right now

You have no idea what you're talking about

Attached: w h a t the.png (1379x426, 91K)

lads I'm so excited I shit msyelf in the theatre, what do?

>the official soviet death toll was 2
Alright so at least 200 people died

>nuclear power bad
there, i saved you guys 4 hours

you ever thought about not being a nigger loving faggot?

I doubt they could hide it considering Chernobyl was one of the most investigated events of that time period

Soviet dis-info can usually be found out pretty easily on much lesser shit than a nuclear meltdown

Attached: 1551713583497.png (300x319, 192K)

So this is telling me that white people are bad and shit right? Fuck off

I'm pro nuclear power. Will I enjoy this?

Only /pol/ could take the worst nuclear disaster in history and make it about them.

Is it only two episodes?
Being pro nuclear power has nothing to do with if you will enjoy the show. The reason this happened was due to shitty russian engineering

The very first line you posted it says the official death count was raised to 31. If you're being pedantic about two died at the scene itself, the other 29 died from acute radiation within a couple of months. An extra four died in the crash which aren't included.

Thyroid cancer generally isn't lethal but it's still cancer.

Again, I'm all for nuclear power but to try to minimise the damage it caused is needless.

Radiation is fucking scary

It's 5 episodes, one every Monday from today onwards.

James deleted that fucking video and you can't find it anywhere. At least the guy on the right stood by his shit.

That's just your opinion though, and the facts you're going by are, for better or worse, those of the Soviet Union in it's death throes

Based. Fuck US propaganda. Why they do one on the Greenpoint oil spill, which is was covered up and is still killing people through brain cancer ever today?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenpoint_oil_spill

>plant worker causes worst nuclear accident in history
>goes home to fuck his wife
>dick falls off
Kinov

Fairly excited. HBO's mini-series tend to better than their main shows, on average. Turning it off if I see one nigger though.

The show's writer says
>I'm pro nuclear power, I think that nuclear power is essential to combat climate change, and I want people to understand just why it (the chernobyl disaster) happened
Ars technica has an article about it, and they're pretty left-biased but the article itself makes the series to be about corruption in the USSR and people that had to do their jobs in the face of a disaster risking their lives, i don't think it has a specific message about pro or anti nuclear power

how can nuclear power be green when it makes nuclear waste which is poisonous for a billion years

>nuclear waste can never be handled, you just dump it in lakes and forests lmfao
You can literally gather it and shoot it to the sun in [current year]

"Dude the radiation didn't cause any birth defects or thyroid cancer in Ukraine"

You faggots deserve to get dipped in a reactor cooling pool.
Go ask the japs who lived near Fukushima how their health is going.

Attached: 1552308636258.jpg (962x635, 147K)

>tfw there is more radiation in bananas from being rad'd to kill bugs then in the pacific ocean, from fukishima, yet people are crying about muh fish rads

>the other 29 died from acute radiation within a couple of months.
It came from the people who got burned of which there were around 250+
29 of those 250 died because of their burns, but since it was nuclear burns it falls under ARC

By contrast the annual fatality rate of oil drill workers is 30.5 per 100,000 workers

So by stats you would be more likely to die doing regular oil drilling than you would cleaning up Chernobyl

Attached: a duur.png (887x599, 524K)

They seem fairly fine desu

Attached: homo.png (736x730, 319K)

> tfw there is more radiation in bananas {than} from fukishima

xkcd.com/radiation/

>mfw people still get X-rays despite it being well know they are worse for you than nuclear fallout

Attached: 004_Diogenes.png (1104x473, 32K)

Everything this dude touches turns to kino.

Attached: Jared Harris.jpg (1519x2048, 746K)

>Thyroid cancer has a 98% morality rate
cure rate

proof?

Any black people in it?

no
its gonna be kino

Oh you're that fucking retard from the other time that claims only 2 people died with only Wikipedia as a source.

You're fucking delusional son, the most investigated on an engineering standpoint maybe, but when I gave you links to neural reports of many more people having died from their massive exposures you dismissed them all by claiming it was a bunch of conspiracists.

Neck yourself if you seriously think Wikipedia is enough to claim you've done "thorough research" on the subject.

is there gonna be a stream? ill watch it if so

How can green energy be green if they have to be processed when at the end of their life and will release heavy metals in the process (solar panels/wind turbines)?

>he doesn't have a pirate box
lmao my parents have like 3 of them
get with the times loser

jesus christ there's a lot of idiots in this thread

That "wierd fake societal mask" is what makes humans numb-nuts. What you're describing is animals. So yes, I agree, Russians are fucking savage animals.

its not russian, its about ussr

I bet you fags listen to video game music

Pirate box? Like a shitty kodi streamer?

Get a plex server and autodownload via rss from private trackers at best quality

Metal is recyclable. Nuclear waste isnt

I'm at the menu for HBO Now, where the fuck is it.

HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!

every time there's a kino or vidya that touches russian/soviet history a horde of commies appears screaming "ussr dindu noffin!!11 it was actually a paradise on earth!!11"

Attached: radzieckie zbrodnie wojenne.gif (1800x996, 1.73M)

>the USSR said only two people died (because they tried to play american football with the nuclear goo) wtf why people eat american propaganda like this !!!!!!!!!!!!!! sheeple !!!!!!!

Attached: 1365098285021.png (679x427, 14K)

Kino starting.

Attached: chernobyl.jpg (1920x1080, 276K)

Search for "Bнимaниe" and stream pls

ETA on good quality torrents?

It's going to be filled up with propaganda shit, even more in our time period where crazy eco-fascist and religious gaia lunatics are starting to pop up everywhere with climate change.

But I can't help but love these nuclear meltdowns catastrophees.

2 died right after the explosion, ~40 died afterwards

GoT is usually up within 15 minutes. Shouldn't be any longer for this one

Jesus, Pryce, again?

Whoa looks like someone is in the middle of a heated gaming moment

WHo is the actor talking with the mustache and long hair?

>Eastern Europeans with Brit accents
classic

Attached: 1557024947626.jpg (1065x742, 65K)

YASSSS another zombie show!

Attached: i<3capeshit.png (365x334, 154K)

Reminder that this is propaganda against nuclear power meant to keep up the spooky public perception despite advances.

>movie about Russians or other Eastern Europeans
>the actors are speaking English
no/10

>Oh Sweetie! I only care about your safety.

Attached: jill2020.jpg (534x401, 30K)

does this have pseudo-horror elements like the terror or is it a straight muh disaster movie

I think we’re gonna see radioactive sickness kino

why wait?

Attached: Ouchi.jpg (750x481, 86K)

Hope it's not inundated with anti-ruskie propaganda. I mean sure the Soviets were awful, I just hope they don't overwhelm us with it.

*Ukrainian
they dont like being called russian

There is no thinking. We will see it.

Attached: Chernobyl (2019) Official Trailer HBO.mp4_snapshot_01.44_[2019.05.06_18.20.58].jpg (1280x720, 257K)

fuck off boris

That's my only complaint as well. It would be nice if HBO got, you know, actual Slavs to play......Slavs.

i just got diagnosed with thyroid cancer today

CHERNOBLY*

>le based female nurse knows more than the male doctor

They do that with everything though. Most american movies depicting romans or arabs have peple speaking with an english accent.

F

Attached: chernobyl2.jpg (1920x1080, 204K)

Why is Jared Harris the go to guy for radiation acting? He was the same in Fringe.

Who else is going to be watching for based fed and zorki rangefinder spotting?

Attached: Chernobyl3.jpg (1920x1080, 129K)

i dont know if i helped any one wantr tro tlk about my actions in the 80's

Attached: 19017754-happy-boy-scout-saluting.jpg (819x1300, 110K)

I'm watching right now. It's too fucking dark.

The radiation in bananas comes from the high potassium content. One of the naturally occurring isotopes of potassium is radioactive (potassium-40).

Learn how to adjust your tv, dumbass.

My tv is fine bitch.

>Chernobyl.S01E01.iNTERNAL.1080p.WEB.H264-MEMENTO[rartv]

looks like kinos back on the menu boys

>everyone's faces getting redder

Attached: 1556162595674.jpg (392x300, 52K)

>the core is gone
>DID YOU FLOOD THE CORE

only came in here to post this :^)

>anti-nuclear power propaganda
>kino

Attached: billgates_angry21.jpg (200x303, 61K)

>a tv show about something that actually happened must be propaganda
if people can't work out that we've made advancements since the 80s too they're fucking retarded

>those desperate attempts at skin grafts

The French would like a word.

I can understand a doctor not being able to euthanize the poor guy but why didn't someone else just overdose him on morphine or pull the plug on his respirator? His chromosomes were literally disintegrated in every cell in his body.

*saves human civilization AND the climate*

Why aren't you supporting BNG(based natty(natural) gas)?

Attached: natural-gas-burner-800x300.jpg (800x300, 27K)

Nuclear power is the future and this retarded hit piece is not helping

>describing events is a hit piece
dense faggot.

F

2 people died from the blast, 29 firefighters died of acute radiation poisoning. that took all of 10 seconds to google.

Attached: 1542592377185.png (480x360, 112K)

Attached: chernobyl4.jpg (1920x1080, 194K)

Brainlet here. Can anybody eggzplain nuclear power and what actually failed at chernobyl

Attached: thinker.jpg (272x185, 6K)

This old guy just nuked the town

Runaway nuclear reaction

Attached: chernobyl.jpg (233x216, 10K)

Lots of kino shots in this show

Good job on making something good HBO.

Nuclear power is heated radiation rods that burn so hot you generate steam for energy. You cool it by flooding the core (the rod housing) with water.

No water=meltdown.

dude chernobyl wasn't that long ago, a fucking tv show about an event that millions of people were alive to see actually happen isn't going to halt the progress of nuclear power

Those were some comfy shots of commieblocks.

Dyatlov did nothing wrong.

Mr. Show did that too back in the mid 90s

the smoke looked spooky

>dosimeter that only goes up to 3.7 roentgens is maxed out
>dosimeter that only goes up to 200 roentgens is maxed out
>dosimeter that might give an accurate reading breaks because it's maxed out
>pretends it's only 3.7 roentgens/hour

I thought it was gonna be a 2 hr show

What's a good book to read if I want to learn about nuclear physics?

how is this better than anything else?

Industrial Society and It's Future

fuck off you faggot

I've always wanted to get a blowjob at Pripyat, it's always been a huge fetish of mine.

Shit cast
Anglo voices with forced "comrad" at the end of sentences so you don't forget you're in the USSR and not in London.
Overly dramatized, characters not portrayed as they were IRL.

While following the testimonies, the serie introduces tons of fake events to overly dramatize the accident. Like Yuvchenko's hip instantly disintegrating when near the reactor core never happened IRL, the blast door saved his life that's true, but that's all happened to him there.

Sitnikov shitting his pants while asked to go on the roof never happened, he did as he was told.
Bryukhanov was pretty weak willed man, he didn't shout on people in the bunker.

There weren't armed soviet guards pushing people to do as they were told like we've seen.
The list goes on.

It's pretty meh for the moment, at least we get some nice shots.

>whatever you do, you can't touch him

Attached: chernobyl_puppy.jpg.653x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg (653x653, 151K)

50,000 people used to live here. Now it’s a ghost town.

Attached: 799BDFA5-D897-4061-88FE-F017B5F33479.jpg (1280x720, 168K)

The exact details are too long and complex to explain.
But mainly : flawed reactor design, human errors, flawed test protocol, soviet bureaucracy

All of this together

COD4 was released 12 years ago. what have i been doing with my life?

Ivan it is of alright. Soviet Union is of no more, can be admittings that many persons died.

But seriously if you believe the official death toll then I've got a bridge to sell you. Also comparing the radiation from a laptop to that from a chunk of graphite from the core of a nuclear reactor is a bit apples to oranges.

>anglo voices
As much as I would prefer a full fledged russian speaking cast that simply won't happen for a tv show of this scale so I don't really mind it. I just hope they continue using audio recordings from the real events like we briefly heard in this episode.

This was great. Radiation felt like a supernatural horror, like Fae in old english folktales or diamons in greek myth. Look in the wrong direction, touch the wrong thing, and an entity you can't see or hear or sense claims you and whithers your body in seconds. You can only guess how much it's unchained and how damned you already are. The ominous signs are given to the viewer as dramatic irony, and only the ones unlucky enough to literally look the horror in the face (staring unprotected at the core) understand the nature of the danger.

Attached: icon.jpg (570x423, 99K)

Why would they have to hide it if the people who died never existed? No man, no problem.

I didn't think graphite was radioactive

It was.

The infamous phone call to the fire brigades and the public announcement of the evacuation are the only historical recordings we'll get

why?

Graphite was surrounding the fuel rods, extreme neutron exposure made it radioactive

A piece of graphite emitted about 150 Sv/h back then, a 2 minutes exposure could ensure you a horrible and painful agony

It was the internal shield around the actual radioactive core, when that exploded, it went everywhere.

It's the thing that physically contains the glowing ball of death from killing everything outside.

See

What did he see anons?

Oh well, I'm still interested to see the next episode.

Attached: 1554009895724.png (700x789, 735K)

youtube.com/watch?v=bfyNlISf_No

According to the testimonies he looked into the core and saw it glowing red hot, like looking into a volcano.

His head was massively exposed to radiations and he died weeks later.

Just finished watching it.
Really fucking good and that last shot was kino.

The True Face of God

Attached: what he saw.gif (600x551, 44K)

Kino shots I agree, but still overly dramatized for nothing

really great first episode. I hope they can keep this quality as the show focuses more on the buracery since they've already shown the meltdown. And I also agree that the near mythological portrayal of the radiation was kino as fuck. Seeing the first technication look into the core's raging fire like literally staring into hell and being 'cursed' by it was absolutely peak.

how many years until the land is inhabitable?

Attached: Chernobyl elephants foot.jpg (628x387, 47K)

It wasn't a meltdown. The reactor has water fed into it to produce steam for the turbines to spin thus producing electricity, but they also produced plutonium. A design fuck up of the control rods allowed a power surge from a turbine powering down too fast, which caused extremely high heat to rupture pressure tubes containing fuel. Now both steam and fuel are mixing. Strontium-90 and Caesium-137 with hydrogen (H20 water, which was the steam) will cause an explosion. This is why they had to drain the water from under the core to prevent a second explosion.

Nuclear power still dangerous, it takes one tiny problem to have a Chernobyl, Fukushima or Three Mile Island disaster so yeah, they need to stop nuclear power plants.

Somewhere between never and the heat death of the universe.

welcome to the normie response, guaranteed

>Strontium-90 and Caesium-137 with hydrogen (H20 water, which was the steam) will cause an explosion.

Doesn't make any sense you're mixing everything

Water reacts with the zircalloy used for the rods tubing at high temperature, that's how hydrogen is made in a reactor core and why it only happens during a pre-meltdown situation

there is literally nothing wrong with nuclear power

This. What a fucking shitshow. I don't even know why I was hyped for shit

You seem to know what you're talking about. Could you explain exactly what the lads knee deep in the water were doing?

Blow out soon

Attached: 9F549102-0AEC-4420-A49B-9907287F8D50.jpg (1280x720, 298K)

Worth watching?
Is it filled with anti nuclear propaganda?

This also goes along great with the very unpredictable nature of the RBMK reactor whe operating at low capacities and the tendency for the reactor to not heat or cool consistently. They were good at making plutonium though as breeder reactors.

all fucking loners must fucking hang
Also, dolg-chan best girl

>Anglo voices with forced "comrad" at the end of sentences so you don't forget you're in the USSR and not in London.

Literally the only preferable alternative to this is having the whole thing filmed by a russian production.

>While following the testimonies, the serie introduces tons of fake events to overly dramatize the accident

Oh no, god forbid

Not so far but it's also in the early stages.

He, not really. Just shows how incompetent/corrupt the USSR was. Does not factually, and not does not take it over the top.

Shows that capable and intelligent people worked there, but that the bureaucracy made such a catastrophe likely.

It was funny watching these British actors refer to each other with Russian names

Will they reference the sad photos

Attached: 985E4A04-52AD-4402-8915-EED9BBB05B60.jpg (1000x1331, 124K)

It is in essence anti-nuclear propaganda, because nuclear power needs a strong PR campaign that expresses how newer tech is not this, and blasting the masses with fresh, high definition images of radiation poisoning as an invisible killer is peak NIMBY fuel. On the surface, though, there's no open anti-nuclear message. It's much more critical of soviet subservience to the state and the need to put on a good face to the world no matter what was actually happening to people on the ground, so long as you could control the flow of information.

It's worth watching so far, though.

Your retarded, the writer director, has said he pro nuke power, and that this is about how humans, and their lies can ruin anything. Basically just classic, USSR is the worst.

Trying to piss out a forest fire. They were under the mistaken impression the reactor was still intact and were trying to
manually force as much water into it as possible for cooling.

Post yfw you get hit by 3.6 Roentgen per hour

Attached: 1481595719731.jpg (500x368, 17K)

Loads of people died of various cancers later in life, and people from the region are still dealing with severe birth defects and genetic diseases.

Expanse, Terror...

Dude can do no wrong.

>liking Weiss
Blake is best girl

They were manually opening the feedwater flow of each fuel channel as the explosion severed electric controls. Was useless and counter productive though

And doing this killed them weeks later

>you get hit by 3.6 Roentgen per hour
you wish brother

Attached: Untitled.png (554x346, 21K)

ah, they died for nothing. That sucks, I thought it was martyrdom.

Carcosa

> incompetent/corrupt the USSR

last i checked fukushima happened in ultra capitalist japan

As a Soviet Studies Major I love this. We get so few political dramas in a Soviet setting. (Death of Stalin is really it.)

Attached: cccp.jpg (1200x1100, 268K)

Based proofs rooster poster

Bernie cameo when?

I doubt this is better than Chernobyl Diaries
rip yuri

Japan had to get hit by tsunami and earthquake. The commies did this to themselves.

He's not saying the administration caused the disaster, he's saying the story of the disaster is used to tell the story of the administration's poor response.

Wasn’t there a movie about a murdering pedo

>last i checked fukushima happened in ultra capitalist japan
Fukushima was also hit by a giant fucking earthquake and tsunami.

That "VNIMANIYE, VNIMANIYE" is bone-chilling sound...

Attached: worried laughter.gif (300x166, 413K)

You're not mixing everything. The graphite which they showed in the show as well as the control rods themselves separated hydrogen production (steam) from the fuel itself. The nuclear fusion is just there to produce the heat, while the outside water is turned to steam.

The retard told them to feed water into an already exploded reactor core. Luckily it was unsuccessful due to everything being exploded, which is why you see everything dripping wet. If they were to succeed in putting water into the exposed fuel, that would have caused an explosion.

Yeah the major issue specifically being unstable under low electrical states.

because it was built in a region where it's known those events happen

the americans is bretty good too

>melt down because of an earthquake and a tsunami
>melt down shit conscruction
Shit bait

Tell me straight. How was it?

Attached: AE18C237-C403-4C6B-A814-DB267D48B443.jpg (4032x3024, 1.57M)

that was boring as fuck, what is the series even going to be about?

Last I checked, no one decided to make earthquakes and tsunami's it just happened.
And actually if you actually know anything about Japanese culture and bureaucracy you would understand there are man similarities, and how actions would be taken, and what could and could not be considered.

The american navy offered to unfuck most of fukushima, for japan, but out of pride they refused all help at the reactor, and things went pretty pathetically. Foreign nuke engineers were comparing them to homer simpson, live on TV

Actually spooky

Steam is not hydrogen
It is a fission reactor, not a fusion reactor
Graphite is just there as a moderator to slow down the neutrons and increase the hit probability with a U-235 nuclei

You seem to know next to nothing about nuclear engineering

Today I will remind them

youtube.com/watch?v=EbucAwOT2Sc

youtu.be/Ay3PmxZJthk

Attached: 84124EA1-D813-456A-B0A0-BAFE353110C8.jpg (1920x1080, 1.67M)

>The retard told them to feed water into an already exploded reactor core. Luckily it was unsuccessful due to everything being exploded, which is why you see everything dripping wet. If they were to succeed in putting water into the exposed fuel, that would have caused an explosion.

Wait so not only was that not noble engineer martyrdom to stop a nuclear disaster, the only reason he didn't cause a worse disaster was dumb luck?

>Foreign nuke engineers were comparing them to homer simpson, live on TV
shit, do you have a link?

>because it was built in a region where it's known those events happen
Japan?

The Americans was pure Commie kino.

Attached: philip.png (938x654, 422K)

hell yeah nigga i forgot

great. I hope the rest of the series can be this good.

The cleanup and long term aftermath is a much bigger story than the explosion and immediate aftermath.

A lot of people consider the Chernobyl disaster to be the beginning of the end of the Soviet Union.

>hydrogen production (steam)
>nuclear fusion
>reactor under low electrical state

Are you underage or something ? You can't even grasp middle school level knowledge like steam not being hydrogen

it wasn't shit construction, some retard wanted to do a test that wasn't authorized

the japanese placed a nuclear reactor in an area at risk

This shit was deeply unsettling. The air of official denial gives it a touch of pitch black humor, almost like a Kubrick film.

>series about nuclear meltdown

>Yea Forums suddenly full of nuclear engineers

Attached: YGsyGGFg_400x400.jpg (400x400, 15K)

things are topsy turvy at the office

>mommy elizabeth

i wish there was more kino about slavs around

This, even though there are books that explain what happened with the reactor

Yo, this user just dabbed on ereybody

>series about the most famous nuclear disaster attracts a lot of viewers who have an interest in nuclear engineering

shocking

I like how they ruined those miners so they could dig a chamber under the site to place a cooling unit but then decided not to cause it's too complicated,
Noice hole tho.

>it takes one tiny problem
>t. green party shill that has no idea what he's talking about

Culture of blame and silence is pretty similar. Bureaucracy is pretty terrible in a lot of countries, even a lot of the West. The same thing could happen in Germany today.

Agree, a lot of parts where very hard to watch, because you know they are going to their death, and honestly a bullet in the head like in a war movie would be a mercy but they wont get that.

This was the best hour of TV I have watched in a long time.

Good I loved that show, shame its barely talked about here. Oleg deserved better

Lmao so not true. Faggot.

/k/ actually had an expert on it. But I haven’t seen him in forever

>There weren't armed soviet guards pushing people to do as they were told like we've seen.
yes there was

we need a scholar bureaucracy

wouldn't we be better with 1/10th the size of our current bureaucracy if they were actually talented and intelligent?

Not the same user but wasn't the problem with positive void coefficient in the reactor? Essentially a giant steam bubble that flashed into hydrogen and oxygen? Also I was under the impression there were two explosions, show seemed to show that but there was only one boom.

This always happens
Make any science related thread and you'll get 200 replies of armchair scientists trying to one-up each other with shit they learned from Wikipedia

Christ, that scene got me, just the utter futility of it. Them killing themselves for nothing.

Was it kino? Looked really good in previews

>0
More people, die every year from coal plant radiation, then every nuclear power accident combined. This isn't even counting industrial accidents, or non radiation coal poisoning.

having interest in something does not equate to trying to show off the little internet knowledge you have on the subject

The tripfag Oppenheimer, some retard doxxed or tried to doxx him and some shit happened with his employer so he doesn't post anymore

that's the punishment for tripfagging.

Goddam right. Maester Luwin was rocking it as the KGB vampire, too.

No there weren't.

Some guards from the plant died from radiation exposure, they were 50+ year old unarmed women, not soviet soldiers as the serie show + no mention of them in the testimonies except some guards keeping the entrance and being old women

thanks user I was wondering where I knew him from

But he was a cool one who actually was an expert

>heat death of the universe.
The most kino of all endings.

Yeah Citizen X. Nothing really on a national scale though like this

I admitted that I was a brainlet tho

Attached: bigthinker2.5.png (625x682, 125K)

Void coefficient is a bit complex to explain, it just accelerates the reaction when positive (boiling water reactor) and slows it down when negative (pressurized water reactor) , not hydrogen generation which happens with the zirconium of the rods.

I meant fission, my bad but no you're still wrong retard. Steam is fucking water, two hydrogen and one oxygen. Yes there is hydrogen retard. Extremely hot graphite mixing with the steam to cause hydrogen and carbon monoxide OR the heated steam zirconium reaction. Learn the modular make up of water before typing more dumb shit. Yes those types of reactors were known unstable due to powering down.

can somebody PLEASE post a webm of that HOT REACTOR CORE spread WIDE OPEN

Attached: D5r6dAsXoAAsnED.png (730x579, 142K)

[Spooky ambient music intensifies]

What's the capital outlay for an LFTR?

people keep trying to tripfag because they think if their content is just quality enough, it'll satisfy god. They're always wrong.

Yes there is hydrogen but not in the form of dihydrogen gas, stop grasping at straws you're obviously posing as an expert when you probably failed high school physics

Was it good?

people were still forced to do shit, because it was their jobs and their employer was the state

yes

No, should have been a Russian cast.

Very

None of what you're posing makes any sense + you just copied what he said about the zirconium part

And you obviously said steam was hydrogen, stop pretending you know shit for a moment son

Season 3 of True Detective didn't have any sex scenes at all

How does it relate to armed guards being present and pushing people around ?

Worth it for the kino shots

Otherwise pretty meh

certified kino lads

Attached: 1545770254794.png (1250x1362, 1.44M)

LFTR is cheaper than a traditional nuclear power plant because it can be a fraction of the size and doesn't need multiple backup and safety systems or a nearby source of water. The biggest cost when it comes to LFTR is research and testing. A full size thorium power plant has never been built. There's also the issue of corrosion but apparently the chinks have solved that one and are planning on rolling out plants soon. Also another roadblock is how to safely store the waste. LFTRs create much less waste with a shorter half life but it's extremely radioactive and difficult to handle.

I thought this episode was great. Maester Luwin is like a Disney villain of an evil Commie stereotype, but it was kino direction. Some of the CGI sucked but the editing was great. Like when the plant director vomited on the table mid-argument.

rabb.it
We can hang out

Repeat tomorrow 10:50pm Central

When you stare into the abyss...

Attached: reactor.png (2560x1281, 1.76M)

What kind of nigger are you? Calling people retarded yet still can't grasp that steam is molecules spaced further apart. Science 101 on states. It is still water. Water has hydrogen in it. You're definitely same fagging so hard but here you go, I'll pop some links into the chemistry behind the specific event.

chemistryworld.com/news/chernobyl-disaster-mystery-solved/3008327.article
>In which hydrogen generated by the reaction between the steam and the fuel cladding caught fire.
>which hydrogen generated by the reaction between the steam
>hydrogen
>steam
Kill yourself low IQ niggers.

They look so happy, that's kind of sweet.

there will be after the rads kick in

Attached: 1555809867493.png (476x523, 229K)

LOOK AT THE HOT CORE

LOOK AT THE HOLE

Attached: 1553020106610.png (349x477, 111K)

What are some other industrial disaster kino?

All I can think of is deepwater horizon

Attached: well blowout.webm (720x300, 2.41M)

china syndrome

My insides turned to ice water every fucking time they showed it.

how long could I stare at it before dying?

this is the closest your modern-man brain will get to feeling how your animist pagan ancestors felt about the malevolent spirits deep in the woods

Does someone fuck the elephant foot?

Any torrent links?

you would be blasted instantly.

think about staring into a hurricane and every rain drop flying sideways went straight through your body on a atomic level. And then imagine its a category 7 hurricane.

thats what staring at a reactor core that blew up is like.

>A full size thorium power plant has never been built.
Why?

anyone have a link to the ost? did they even release one?

I said that it was the reaction between water and zirconium that generated the hydrogen much before you copied and pasted my sentence you fucking nigger. That's called OXYDATION, something you fucking learn in high school, heat just being a component of the reaction kinetics

Calling steam hydrogen because it contains hydrogen atoms in each molecules isn't even a logical fallacy, that's pure autism.

Now stop pretending you know anything about reactor physics simply because you saw a tv show about chernobyl

Marcellus Wallace’s soul.

because they don't produce weapons grade uranium

>it's a jared harris hangs himself episode

Attached: 1532802640726.jpg (3538x3424, 1.76M)

Where the FUCK is episode 2

Attached: 1430873313798.png (400x388, 217K)

what would be the minimum cost and design to get a self-sufficient power source enough to last small home for 100 yrs?

>its an actor who is spiritually an user but too old to know what posting is headlined-series

nrc.gov/docs/ML1009/ML100900446.pdf

Wow something I told you about in the first place, bravo bravo.

UnIronically Titanic. A captain/crew making a series of mistakes/horrible decisions leading to disaster and their desperate attempts to save it.

nigga are you asking how to build a home fission reactor on a Yea Forums thread

Nvm dling now :)

youtube.com/watch?v=aM_HhU_CV44

found one track, give it a few hours though, it'll probably pop up.

Only when things go wrong is when people care about historical accuracy. All of history's failures go to white men while the victories and heroes can be black

bullshit give me the real reason
money?

do these things actually work?
are they profitable?

Already taken down lol

not one POC in the entire episode

baka

Attached: 1493226279329.png (433x595, 255K)

>she's also working on the score for joker

Attached: 1555407317859.jpg (657x527, 38K)

so, is it a realistic depiction of the event or is it just another fantasy story that tries to make it seem as if thousands of people died?

No plutonium
Uranium still quite cheap
Green fags undermining the research by cutting the funds

No that's mostly the reason.
PWRs in general were never meant to be around as long as they have, they were meant to be a stepping stone to better reactor designs, but the government doesn't want to give up their weapons material.

Still up for me

pls no bully

Real depiction with a bit too much drama

Tell me why some private company couldn't just build one and make money providing energy to people?

Too many stupid regulations?
Too expensive startup costs.

Tell me the real reason.

Fucking nice.

Where have I fucking refuted oxidation, which is the non-nigger spelling of it. You fucking can't have hydrogen atoms being formed from nothing or from completely different molecules you absolute fucking retard, which is why the steam FUCKING WATER which has the hydrogen atoms is there for the OXIDATION you absolute fucking idiot. Where the fuck have I ever said steam is just hydrogen. If you can't extrapolate that clearly I mean it contains hydrogen atoms therefore a process can occur to produce pure hydrogen, then I can't help you fucking niggers.

Research take decades, you can't simply make a reactor because you want to, you need authorizations, experts to check if it's doable, it costs tons or money, etc...

Attached: chernobyl.s01e01.720p.webrip.x264-tbs.webm (1280x640, 531K)

Please tell me you never studied science, those logical shortcuts you take are too fucking retarded

>which is the non-nigger spelling of it.
Oxydation is an accepted way of spelling it you rancid swine

NUCLEAR BAD

That's about it in a nutshell. You can probably extrapolate the issues that come with that general sentiment yourself.

>bullshit give me the real reason
that is the real reason, go read up about alvin weinberg and the oakridge experiments. interest in thorium died off after he left and all the research just sat in the oakridge archives collecting dust for decades.
>Weinberg was fired by the Nixon administration from ORNL in 1973 after 18 years as the laboratory's director, because he continued to advocate increased nuclear safety and molten salt reactors (MSRs), instead of the Administration's chosen Liquid Metal Fast Breeder Reactor (LMFBR) that the AEC's Director of Reactor Division, Milton Shaw, was appointed to develop. Weinberg's firing effectively halted development of the MSR, as it was virtually unknown by other nuclear laboratories and specialists.

>money?
what really got nuclear power off the ground in the first place was government funding during WWII, corporations aren't willing to put up that much money. The Manhattan project cost 23 billion dollars in todays money.

>are they profitable?
Not really but neither are traditional reactors.

>Tell me why some private company couldn't just build one and make money providing energy to people?
There are some groups experimenting with different plant designs but as far as actually building a test plant the chinks are the only one who are making good progress. It just costs too much.

The lid should be lying sideways on the reactor core, where is it ?

why the fuck did you touch it mischa

sure thing komrade

Is this seriously the money shot of the episode? If I'm wasting my time with HBO schlock I at-least want some dramatic set pieces to wash down the writing

back to /GoT/ with you

>you gotta explain things for me like a chimp
Again, if you need every small detail explained to you and to extrapolate minute details from those because you're unable to follow a train of though, kill yourself. You'll never function in the real world being an autistic sperg. Oxydation is nigger spelling so no spell it normal.

It is. And it was worth it.
It looked kinda religious, like looking at the divine light.

ehhhh maybe you could say it but it happens in the first half of the episode, honestly, there was some shots at the end that got too me far more.

Overall this shit was Kino

>what really got nuclear power off the ground in the first place was government funding during WWII, corporations aren't willing to put up that much money. The Manhattan project cost 23 billion dollars in todays money.
bruh there are plenty of private funded nuclear plants

if the government got off our backs and cut spending and taxes it would be much easier for companies to start nuclear plants

I literally gave you a link with accurate details of how it works son, if someone needs to be hand held that's you and your nuclear fusion as well as "reactor electric charge"

Don't project your retardation on others, not being able to explain doesn't reflet my lack of comprehension but you trying to act like an expert right now with concepts you can barely grasp and probably learned with an overly simplified documentary

>bruh there are plenty of private funded nuclear plants
yeah after all the expensive research and testing was already done. thorium has had ZERO research since the MSR experiment.

Just adjusting for inflation doesnt work. Look at how much money was actually available. What percent of the US budget at the time was that?

Honestly I feel its all down hill from here. After this its just going to be covering how the Soviet mismanaged the disaster, nothing else really exciting happens besides the helicopter crash. I don't know why they didn't show the retarded test they were doing before the explosion.

The helicopter crash happened much later, in september or later, after the trials who took place in early august

user speaks the truth. The critical tension at play in the series peaked a half hour in.

I'm a little concerned as well, but we'll have to wait see how it plays out.

You couldn't.

>no u
Great argument retard. Where have I refuted the document? Could you quote me saying this document is inaccurate. You're only have a hard time because you're a fucking brainlet that can't follow a train of thought and need to be autistic about the specific details. If you can't fucking logically conclude yourself since you're big brained and all, that the hydrogen produced comes from water itself, there is no helping you.

I gave a simplistic description of what happened for people who don't care about the specific details. I clearly have gotten into the details and you still can't fucking understand I've refuted NOTHING, which still matches with my simplified description. You're trying so hard to show galactic your mind is by dissecting a simplified timeline of events. You're legit autistic as fuck. Learn to read the situation next time you dumb nigger.