When did Game of Thrones go from being good to sucking ass? What was the exact point?

When did Game of Thrones go from being good to sucking ass? What was the exact point?

Attached: 1e7984bf65d1bb5d77804b51bde78a67c05aadabf9f0b7186d3dfaa0fe2adbb2559fcd4b6f75c2bd80d567b6f39f4ecd-155 (4080x2720, 1.68M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dwblJJmmUM8
youtu.be/exOBYU3TnsA?t=20
youtube.com/watch?v=SlowcpKuQsI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It was good in Season 1 and 2
It was wearing me out in Season 3
I gave up on Season 4
In what episode and season did that scene where Yara goes through all the trouble of invading the North only to give up on saving Reek because she sees a couple of dogs and a shirtless Ramsey? That's the scene that stands out to me as the turning point for when I realized there was no going back.

S2E1

>Game of Thrones
>good
Violence and shock value =/= good

snek. womynz

Tywin dying

It declined in quality every single season. The tumble happened when they ran out of book material, could've been forestalled if they actually integrated some of the minor plots into the show, briennes wacky adventures with Dick Crab, an actual Dornish plot, Lady stone heart etc.
Maybe they were smart though and realized the old boomer retard would die face in a plate of nachos before finishing the books

I'm so glad I didn't watch the last 4 seasons. I'm just here for the shitposting osmosis.

Attached: 1543285688706.png (450x405, 121K)

It’s all pretty formulaic desu. Throw a bunch of irreconcilable parties in the mix, pretend that they’ll change and develop or whatever bullshit, then in the end undo all the progress and go back to square one.

BABIES IN JARS

the downhill ride started with Talissa and was finished with the death of Stannis after which the show was utterly beyond redemption

Attached: 1556868820502.png (590x559, 480K)

came to post this.

I remember really enjoying the wildfire war in the sea. Back when this show was good.

Why?

You remember the anchor from the battle of Castle Black? It went to shit that exact point when it was used.

youtube.com/watch?v=dwblJJmmUM8

The exact moment when characters begin explaining things to the re re audience that they full well understand. Olenna is not speaking to another character, but rather talking to the crowds of drooling morons watching the show at 5:24

>Implying this show wasn't complete garbage by Season 5 already

s4 or 5

Sand snakes and oberyns wife killing his brother

Died with shireen

Show died with Tywin.

season 8 episode 1

season 8 is the worst by far

season 7 was great compared

the 5th episode of the first season

>Jaime gets his hand chopped off
>smash cut to black
>rock n roll version of "Bear and the Maiden Fair" starts playing

That was when it passed the point of no return.

Everything post mountain vs viper

Hmmm it's almost like everything about this show not expressly written in another popular book series is incredibly out of place and mediocre at best because it was written by two dipshit leeches hmmmm

Hmmmm but what ever could have happened approximately four years ago for the show to abruptly have such a jarring shift in quality hmmmmm really noodles my poodle

when the battle of the blackwater was just some shitty rowboats

The Hold Steady are bros though

No way... nothing can be worse than 7. 8 is shit but at least you get the warm sense of it ending in a few episodes. 7 was just like 8 but with the horrible dark cloud of having to sit through another season after it.

Rape and murder of Stannis.

this was a standout moment in the books too, maybe the best part of all of them.

it's always sucked. i gave it 3 seasons and gave up.

nah, the s4 finale is a really good episode

She gave up because she didn't think there was any of her brother left to save. She thought her brother was basically dead. It was completely understandable.

Season 3 is when they start deviating from the books and from there its all downhill.

The Dorne plot in Season 5. Especially BAD POOSSEE.

His talk with Ariya was some good shit.

Not only was it stupid and overly pragmatic and defeatist of a warrior, but it's also stupid that she managed to escape when they were that close to each other in the first place.

This

tywin dying

but it didnt actually manifest properly until the sand sneks appeared and they ran out of gurms writing

It got good again last night unless you are some bulldyke feminist

This is the only right answer.

The premiere of season 1

When Tyrion sailed away on that boat to Essos...with no Tysha and moonboy-for-all-I-know dialogue.

This. Sand sneks was retarded.

I fucking love it but the Battle of Winterfell was far too soon and too quick, all these years it’s been Winter is Coming....then it’s back to fucking spring overnight, come on, I’ll still watch it to see how it ends but they have fucked up this ending

I can tell you with absolute certainty that this exact scene in S03 when Danny meets the man from Yunkai who tries to pay her to not attack his city and she responds with unbelievable smugness and stronk womyn dialogue is the first bad scene in the show. Everything before this scene ranges from god tier television to decent. This is the first of many truly terrible scenes.
Strangely, directly after this scene is an excellent Kingslanding scene, clearly showing a different calibre of writing and direction. The entire show as a whole really went to shit in season 5, this scene is like foreshadowing.

Attached: GOT.jpg (1920x1084, 533K)

It was kinda gradual, but the breaking point was S5 for me. Dorne was especially boring, that's the one thing they adapted well from the books.

After season 2 people said it fell off in season 1
After season 3 people said it fell off in season 2
After season 4 people said it fell off in season 3
After season 5 people said it fell off in season 4
Repeat. Same people every year same thing. Give it a year

Have sex

A lot of people say Season 5, but I have no idea how any of you had the willpower to still be watching the show by that point

then why set it up at all? it does nothing to advance either the plot or the character arcs of anyone involved.

it would have been 1000 times more in character for an iron islander to kill all the guards + ramsey and then mercy kill theon. having them run, in full armor, from some dogs and a shirtless maniac is fucking comical

Copypasta. But it's is true copypasta.

Attached: GOT Season analysis.jpg (1125x1119, 125K)

Season one already had a habit of characters explaining other people's plans back to their own faces.

youtu.be/exOBYU3TnsA?t=20

Season 2 Episode 4 when Arya and Tywin meet in Harrenhall and it plays out like a shitty slice of life anime. I knew at that moment that there would only be more and more "original content" moments of the same dreaful quality and that I shouldn't get invested for the laung haul. Oh boy am I laffin at these idiots still getting pissed off at every episode, why bother, the spirit of the show died with Ned.

yes you are correct sir

Being a kid is thinking the first 4 seasons are good. Being an adult is realizing the 2nd season caused a huge amount of problems and 3/4 were only good because they covered the best book.

When they caught up to the books.

no, there is a very clear consensus that the show has an immediate drop in quality after season 4 ends, the only arguing is over which subsequent season is the shittiest

>Being an adult is realizing the 2nd season caused a huge amount of problems
Name five (5)

Are your parents home?

When Season 1 ended

When they stopped having the source material to rely on.

I hope you feel better about yourself now. You have proof of being adult now afterall. Well, proof you came up with yourself, but I guess it still counts right?

kino

Season 1 is the only good adaption and while it had done some things differently it showed incredible attention to detail and care about the characters,the "magical realism" , the logistics.

In season two it all started to go downhill, while it still kept true to most of the characters and took dialogue directly from the book, the writers stared adding a lot of their retarded OC which was never good, left out key scenes, stopped caring about logic less and less and started caring about shock value more.

Season 3 and 4 were worse in this regard, people only like them because they're based on the best book and all the setup for these events is there, but the retarded OC just kept coming all all "magical realism" was thrown out the window.

I don't know when they stopped caring about costumes and sets but everything looks awful now.

Compare the attention to detail in Season 1 where they had people invent their own language for the Dothraki, now it seems like westeros in only the 10 main characters just teleporting around all over the place

reminder

Attached: 5633d324dd0895f56b8b4622-750-724.png (750x724, 888K)

When Hodor died

S7e1

I stopped caring somewhere where Daenerys walked away not looking back at a huge explosion but I remember this as well.

I loved the first season so much and I got the books and I thought I would read each chapter of book 2 as the show progesses. It was a mistake because I started noticing how nonsensical and retarded the changes were and I was off the ride after watching Season 1 for five times. There are still changes in book 1 but it's mostly because they didn't have a budget for a large battle or another intricate locaiton like Riverrun

First scene in season 5. Tyrion and Varys all of a sudden support Daenarys and everything goes downhill from there.

I dont get it

It was always good

this right here.

absolutely not. it started getting shit in season 5. the first 4 seasons are perfect though. best TV to exist up until s5.

What the FUCK is the purpose of Bran? They never explained what he was doing the entire fucking battle of winterfell, and they’re not going to either are they

According to the leaks, he's gonna become the king

There was never an EXACT point. With every season, the showrunners kept getting bigger and bigger heads, thinking their ideas were better than the source material. Then, they started listening to the most obnoxious part of their fanbase. People with a childish need for the media they consume to reinforce their politics and views, regardless of setting or tone. Also, as the show got more and more popular, its budget expanded, allowing for more spectacle until eventually, the spectacle overtook the substance.

Now, in the last season, all we have left is spectacle, identity politics, big-headed celebrities stroking their own egos and using the show that made them famous to do whatever they want.

The game of thrones title actually refers to Bran literally playing a game in his head for 10 years on how to manipulate every person in westeros perfectly so that in the end he sits upon the iron throne.

There is no exact point. The process has occurred over time. Generally the more removed from Martin's source material it is, the worse it is.

Weasel Soup/generally not letting Arya kill
Jaime Kinslaying
Robb's new bride
Dany's plotline for the entire season
Disregard for several side characters that would be important later such as Beric/Thoros, Jojen, Meera, the brothers without banners in general.
Complete buchering of the Qhorrin/Jon plotline in the north

It's a meme, user. Lighten up.

>boy i love tolkien and jk rowling

Attached: 1519998279611.png (645x729, 80K)

This is when I stopped watching aswell.
It's just like the Simpsons really. The Principal and the Pauper wasn't the exact moment it went to shit, but that's when most people noticed it was off

From season 2 on they progressively added more and more stupid shit, but it wasn't until season 5 that the show stopped being good overall.

>Robb's new bride
How was this any different from the books again?

This
Only newfags don't remember the uproar for Jaime's mindless kinslaying or the weekly Grampa Tywin moments

She went there to save her brother, she doesn't give a shit about killing Ramsey. Once Theon refuses to escape with her she realizes it's futile even if she kidnapped him so they give up and go home without risking their lives any more. Agreed it doesn't make a ton of sense that they escape but I assume Ramsey lets them go for the laughs once they aren't taking Theon.

I remember the uproar over the kinslaying, but I really liked the interactions between Arya and Tywin in the show. If those were added, then it's one of the few good things they improved over the novels.

when ayra got stabbed in the stomach and decide to jump into dirty fucking town water probably fill with shit and piss and didn't even get sick from it

You're right that people kneejerk after each season saying it was the first bad one, but really it's just people in denial slowly waking up.

I just don't buy anyone going that far and being that close to their target and then just giving up and running away. I wouldn't buy it with a coward and I certainly wouldn't buy it with Yara. It goes against all that was established about her character and the character of her people up to that point.

this

i watched until season 5 and the only memorable thing i can recall about this series is season one. no joke

>I'm just here for the shitposting osmosis.
Just like a frog posting incel to shit everything up with his presence.

It turned Robb into a mong.
In the book he's basically drugged from medieval painkillers after a hard fought battle and fucks a conquered local lord daughter. He then marries her when she turns pregnant to guarantee the girl's honor as his father taught him, and because of the way his mother treated Jon's a kid and he doesn't want to sire any bastard.
It later turns out the girl's mother has engineered the whole thing with Tywin's help.

That sounds retarded

I wouldn't say I hated them myself, but it's understandable why it struck as pandering fanfiction.
The scene between Robert and Cersei regarding Daenerys is in my opinion a much better example of things they could have add

It's a completely different character and a new plotline. Instead of being about honor and living up to his father like in the books he just falls in love with the first brown ass to give him a little backsass.

Uh. Several depending on your alignment. Dany not being seeded well enough as an antagonist (some of us saw it immediately, most still don't). Killing off the old regime culminating with Tywin because it removed slick political moves and now it's all battle. Not establishing coherent motivation for about half the characters after roughly season 4. Having all the lore go to shit in season 8. Jon being resurrected (Mountain too to a lesser extent) because it took away the sting of death. Sansa to this day never being what everyone says. Dany too. Arya too. Jaime too. Jon too. Varys being a schemer that does nothing. Littlefinger being a schemer they stopped utilizing and killing him off with no trace of cleverness. Deus ex machinas out the ass since season 5.

There were always messes but it wasn't hard to look past them and hope it'd clear up or make sense later. Now there is no later. Every hanging theory is dead because there's no time, no WWs, no motivation for almost anything that keeps happening. The best thing to happen this season is wildlings going home. It's the only thing that's made any sense.

>And that’s another of my pet peeves about fantasies. The bad authors adopt the class structures of the Middle Ages; where you had the royalty and then you had the nobility and you had the merchant class and then you have the peasants and so forth. But they don’t’ seem to realize what it actually meant. They have scenes where the spunky peasant girl tells off the pretty prince. The pretty prince would have raped the spunky peasant girl. He would have put her in the stocks and then had garbage thrown at her. You know.

Attached: 1467378576376.jpg (1464x888, 276K)

It would take months to sail from iron islands to the dreadfort not a few weeks.

At the time, Daenary's was the only ruler who cared about her people and had enough power to stand behind.

if you're looking for a moment where I could stop watching and still think the show was decent I'd say when Geoffrey died

The book reason is also retarded. The books are crap.

People will nitpick anything but Season 5 is really when the quality dipped considerably and ever since then it has continued to decline rapidly.

Hint: Season 5 is when they ran out of source material

When they outran the novels.

Why is it retarded?

Kek, I forgot about that. Especially after drogo dies from a shallow self inflicted wound getting infected in the first fucking season.

Nah senpai you're a fuckin pleb. Robb had one of the most well written deaths, everything about his upbringing with his father and mother and Jon push him into a shitty position where he acts how he thinks Ned would and does the "right thing" and is killed for it. In the books he is completely justified in doing it, in the show he purposefully makes a dumb decision for no reason because "lol true love".

>It later turns out the girl's mother has engineered the whole thing with Tywin's help.

that sounds even worse than the show

I stopped rewatching the show/individual seasons after season 5. I feel like that was when it really started to slip for me. I only really remember the battle of the bastards from season 6 and Dany Vs the Lannister infantry in season 7.

whatever.

The Talisa/Robb interactions begin with here not only interacting with him but lecturing him and telling him off.

It's a trope Martin spoke off as bad writing.

Robb being hurt and drugged then having fever sex (or unwillingly forced into it),makes a lot more logical sense, and it also makes a lot of sense that he doesn't want to leave this woman with a bastard after they cared for him

Attached: ros-and-shae.jpg (640x360, 32K)

It's contrived and required Robb to be retarded. He's never been shown to be hamstrung by (((honour))) to that extent.

The moment I sensed the show was doomed was when the warlock from Qarth assassinated the ruling council of the city with Xaro Xhoan Daxos.

The moment I was sure it wasn't going to come back was like 1/3 the way through the Dorne plot.

Honestly, I think the showrunners can only be blamed for so much. To me, the undeniable truth is that even in the books from the very beginning, the stuff that happened in the first third of the series was much more interesting than all of the shit that they were setting up for later.

Arya turning into an anime assassin, Bran turning into some magic prophet, muh zombies. That's all dumb shit.

she did have a great ass though

>drugged then having fever sex
Can't you see how dumb this is

season 1 - 4 were about equally amazing

season 5 had a few good epsiodes, but several where the writing took a VERY hard hid

season 6 had a few good scenes, and the writing continued to get worse

season 7 had maybe one or two good scenes, writing is shit at this pont. this is the point of no return, and the show is irremediably bad

season 8. not sure how it managed to be worse than 7, but here we are

t.virgin

People do have sex and are susceptible, making wrong judgements while under influence.

Oh, and the muh dragons shit, too. Even in Season 1 I never gave a fuck about Daenerys.

Tolkien wrote a far better fantasy than the fat fucker.

I had a different take on it. She wasn't particularly close to Theon but she felt obligated to save him as family so she goes out of a sense of duty. Then when she sees its hopeless she feels she has done the best she could and cuts her losses. She saw that Theon could never be saved, even if she dragged him out of there and cleaned him up he wouldn't be Theon.

The moment they left out Tysha before Tyrion killed Tywin was the moment the show lost it. The moment the show utterly was irredeemable and would never recover was when Cersei blew up the not-Vatican despite a while season on why she can't even harm the not-Pope because the commoners support him or how since season 2 they established Joffery is so unpopular the peasants may kill them all if they can't change public opinion.

I'm just hate-watching at this point.

>Arya turning into an anime assassin

Faceless men were never badass anime assassins, they were a death cult.

Sure, but she'd still have revenge and kill the guys that kidnapped him and turned him that way. Even if she mercy killed him after, or something. And again, her escaping is dumb too. Ramsey, in general, is dumb.

>Dany not being seeded well enough as an antagonist
She always was from the very beginning of the books, open your eyes user. It literally could not have been set up more without destroying Dany's entire fanbase by making her utterly unlikable.

>season 1 - 4 were about equally amazing
No. 2 > 1 >>> 3 >>>>> 4

real good game he plays where he can only influence the last 20% of it

S4E10

There were problems before that .

It's virtually a deus ex machina to push the plot a certain way.

There was a scene where they capture Theon and Sansa with dogs after they escape from Winterfell. Somebody comes along and rescues them (Brienne and Pod maybe? Anyway that's not the important part.) and the dogs disappear off the face of the earth for no apparent reason.

Faceless men were the Assassin's Guild from Oblivion, or worse, from Skyrim.

>He's never been shown to be hamstrung by (((honour))) to that extent.
>Robb Stark
>Literally Ned Stark Jr who constantly tries to be him
Why is a smooth-brain like you calling anyone else retarded?

This was the last episode I watched of Game of Thrones, so I'd be very interested in hearing what was so bad about it, because I honestly don't remember anymore. It made me drop the show and I don't even remember why.

yes. blowing up the vatican and then having nothing happen was when the show finally descended into pure shit

that alone would have caused continent spanning civil war and chaos for DECADES

ASoI&F and The Hobbit/LoTR aren't even in the same niche fantasy. GRRM does better with politics and drama, Tolkien's was pure escapism and mythology.

eh

I don't think season 4 was significantly behind, but I do agree 2 > 1 > 3 > 4

When Bessie stopped showing up to provide us with milk.
Stay hydrated my dudes.

Attached: Screenshot_20190507-012131.png (1920x1080, 1.31M)

The Mountain vs Viper and Arya hanging out with the hound then Arya vs the Waif are literally the only things I remember after the first season. the entire show has been a big bunch oh meh with a few decent moments here and there, so there was no one point, it as always pretty mediocre

>Sure, but she'd still have revenge and kill the guys that kidnapped him and turned him that way. Even if she mercy killed him after, or something.
I think it's more of a question of "is it worth losing men and possibly failing entirely just to execute Reek?"
>And again, her escaping is dumb too. Ramsey, in general, is dumb.
Def agree, Ramsey was way too cartoonish of a villain, hence why my take was that he doesn't bother chasing much for shits and gigs.

How could you ever rate 2 the highest out of the initial seasons? Not only did it butcher half the plotlines and make a ton of big changes but the events of book 3 that are detailed in seasons 3 and 4 are just so much more interesting. Legit curious what puts 2 so high for y'all.

It wasn't just the drugs, Robb had just found out that Bran and Rickon are dead, and Jayne Westerlings family were pushing the two together and were later rewarded by Tywin although it's not made clear 100%

You don't know the meaning of that word.

S02E01 01:21

Very unsatisfying pay off to a lot of plotlines / character arcs, a lot of the really good actors / characters had been killed off at this point (Joff, Tywin, Robb, Cat). A lot of there "replacements" in the story lacked character depth (Ramsay, Roose).

Was also when they started going for "Shock" and "Epic" moments instead of well thought out writing to get to those moments.

20 good men did it for me

This. Charles Dance brought real weight to the show. Once him and Joffrey were gone, there was no one to fill the void. They tried with Ramsey and Cersei, but it wasn't the same.

My memories on the show are iffy, but I remember enjoying basically everything about Season 2 except the Daenerys plotline (and I hated all Daenerys plotlines, it was always uninteresting shit)

Politics and drama are usually just popcorn for the brain. It's just a series of plots and betrayals, signifying nothing. Tolkein's mythology actually has a little bit of literary merit.

>MADNESS! HAS HAD ITS DAY!!!
If you don't think this is kino you're as bad as them

I don't remember it ever being good.

> Magical uncle Benjen saves Bran after hold the door scene

Season 5 had been derivative and the status quo had not changed for any of the characters (some, like Sansa had even reverted). D&D where stalling waiting on the fatso but had yet to fuck up much else. Then season 6 came and the real awful episodes started. Awful pacing, dissapointing pay offs and stuff like that... and then deus ex Benjen sealed the deal. Should have dropped the show then.

Yeah, that's more or less my vague impression of it as well. Also, I liked Tyrion, but then I read spoilers that he was gonna go side with Daenerys along with Varys and I just couldn't give less of a shit about him anymore. Daenerys was always so boring. And the zombie shit was barely better.

Season 4 was the last decent season. Everything after has been shit with a few good moments sprinkled in.

I agree with this

Probably this.

Definitely S4 though. After they ran out of history to steal from the fat beta pussy that wrote it, they went full shitter bound in 1 season.

Bingo.

This is the best reply in this thread

I'd say 'smash the beetles' and Tyrion later fleeing King's Landing on good terms with Jaime were the two scenes that are most emblematic of the shop's decline. At that point, it became clear that the underlying motivations for every character were simply afterthoughts.

Whenever they first showed Dorne

I stopped watching at the end of Season 2. I realised I just couldn't be bothered with all these backup characters now that the main four from season one were dead. Also the show seemed to be just fucking around wasting time rather than going anywhere interesting.

>I'd say 'smash the beetles' and Tyrion later fleeing King's Landing on good terms with Jaime were the two scenes that are most emblematic of the shop's decline.
Retarded comment. This is one of the few kino moments in all the seasons.

>Tywin dying in the middle of the show
>Joffrey dying even earlier
Why didn't they choose to ignore that element of the books? They obviously don't hesitate to change stuff. They're such important characters.

>In what episode and season did that scene where Yara goes through all the trouble of invading the North only to give up on saving Reek because she sees a couple of dogs and a shirtless Ramsey?
That's one of the scenes that marked what Game of Thrones turned into: There were no longer consequences for actions if the authors arbitrary decided there shouldn't be.

Directly after the Red Wedding. That was when a bunch of studio exec suits saw all the mentions it was getting on Twitter and all the reaction videos on Youtube and decided "Hey this buzz is great, lets create more EPIC MOMENTS" without realizing it was the buildup that made the payoff so satisfying. Every season since has just been filler with one or two huge setpieces designed for maximum "BIGGER AND BETTER" as the cast is always saying.

Season 2 when Jeyne Westerling was replaced by some sallow looking roastie

Yeah, the end of S4 was where they started to diverge from the meaningful points of the source for the characters.

Attached: s4 finale is shit.png (744x205, 90K)

In a lesser show I'd accept it but the fact it was one of the most important plot points of the previous season that violence against the sparrow isn't the solution made it just kind of infuriating.

Not to mention Cersei just becoming Queen with no real claim, despite succession and claims being pretty much the biggest conflict of the first couple seasons.

This was the point of no return

>I'd say 'smash the beetles'
I legit never got the hate for this scene. It's a throwaway scene and impactful within the context of the story, not the best scene but there are literally dozens of scenes in every season that are far worse.

>implying I care what a retarded show fag thinks

Tywin paid some whore to sleep with Robb so he could set up the red wedding, seems logical to me.

People here still look back fondly at S2, but I remember the live threads and generals at the time hating it

Game of Thrones just lost too many great characters IMO.

Ned, Catelyn, Robb, Robert Baratheon, Stannis, Tywin, Joffrey etc.

We were left with Jon Snow, Sansa, Arya, Daenerys etc. Just really wooden and uninteresting characters IMO.

Even better characters like Jamie, Tyrion and Cersei started to decline.

Also, after GRRM fell behind the show, there was a serious decline in the scale of the world IMO. Westeros and Essos just became less interesting.

Can we take a moment to grieve for how much fun we used to have with this shit? So much missed potential with this franchise, both in and out of television.

Attached: others.png (1043x290, 29K)

If she wasn't a retard she would have put an arrow through his heart then

Do you even watch this show bro?
It was shown that he manipulated HODOR from young age to be his door holder. Hodor was Hodor from episode 1.

I dare say, save for episode 3, this season has been somewhere between pretty decent and good. 5-7 were absolute hell, but season 8 is finally getting some things right as it wraps up.

Dorne was the exact moment it became irredeemable.

Ditching "wherever whores go" is by far the most egregious out of those IMO. I can understand how the surface level writing quality causes the others to be left out due to laziness, but there's no reason at all to get rid of Tyrions main book 5 plotline.

I still have a ton of fun shitting on this show on Yea Forums and reading the threads. It's the actual watching the show part that I no longer bother with.

>write out all the good actors and nuanced characters
>keep the shitters playing cardboard characters
kek its just a bunch of children playing game of thrones now

I don't know exactly, after Season 1 I noticed a lot of
>dumb frat boys who liked the midget cause he gets drunk
>feminists who love Daenerys and her sassy comments
>gay guys who like renly because he is gay

People who watched it like a superhero movie, cheering their favorites. It just got dumbed down from there

Jeyne's mom is the one working with the Lannisters, Jeyne is just taking care of Robb like her family made her and isn't implied to be sinisterly involved.

when Oberyn died

Season 4 was utter shit it was a chore watching every episode. All the episodes felt like filler

Which is why when Tyrion asked Jamie what Brienne's pussy looks like it felt completely out of character.

>Repost in 2019 when gurm finishes the books
>Winds of Winter won't even be released in 2019
Sad but hearty kek.

Can you really say, looking back that's the worst season? After season 5 I feel like everything has gotten fucked up beyond Game of Thrones

I mean, everything's been pretty stagnant for years since they departed from the books. The original writing for the show is pretty predictable and shallow. Not a lot to talk about with it. I just want another book in my life, man.

Attached: 1366849274286.png (652x1840, 1.77M)

I don't get how someone can think this. All the best scenes are just when they're sitting around talking.

I miss /got/

Attached: 1366849400292.jpg (819x2307, 419K)

>only 2 more episodes

RIP

Loras may just be the most based gay man in television

When Ramsey defeated Stannis with 20 good men

4,200 miles, averaging 6mph would take a little over 29 days (less than 1 american month)

Was fun, lads.

Attached: 1368809033164.png (2088x1392, 1000K)

The show died with Tywin

>american month

Attached: 1548642230102.png (404x404, 118K)

Pretty sure the Witch purposely fucks Drogo, not just the infection from a wound he probably has gotten tons of times

Attached: 1369527525987.png (534x388, 43K)

I've read a lot of got threads and this is the first time I've ever seen anyone say this. You genuinely might be retarded.

>Those days of being triggered by the problems in the early season.
We didn't even realize how good we had it.

>deus ex machina
Jesus christ, you're retarded. Showfags everyone: parroting storytelling terminology that they've heard but don't understand the meaning of.

Maybe I've just been blind. The second I realized that they conflated 8 years of build up for "being predictable" and instead opted for a cheap parlor misdirection quarter behind the ear trick for the climax of an 8 season build up. The way Euron sniped a quarter sized target in the neck a mile away was another nail in the coffin. I am sure there were earlier signs I've simply ignored giving the writers the benefit of a doubt.

Attached: 1397449285504.jpg (500x571, 28K)

The moment this man couldn't finish writing a book, was the moment that Game of Thrones went off the rails.

Attached: rs-17369-rr-624-1360172075.jpg (1200x630, 93K)

Im sure there is an earlier point, but I distinctly remember arthur dayne fucking dual-wielding like a faggot. that is the point that stands out the most for me.

Joffrey dying was the catalyst for what happens in the next two books regarding everything in King's Landing.

S4 started to get messy
It was still worth watching
S5 was really messy
This is where you start questioning what the writers are thinking
S6 and beyond are boring
This is where you only watch to make fun of it or to get it over with

Newfag

>getting mad over /k/ shit instead of actual character moments

Attached: 1397451290249.webm (640x480, 424K)

Yes in the books he has one sword that he uses. Dual wielding is fucking retarded.

the scene where ramsey (shirtless) fights the ironborn

>When did Game of Thrones go from being good
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good joke OP. Good joke!

Attached: 1416664137003.jpg (445x372, 63K)

I know it started downhill much earlier, but I don't think it fully reached "Jump the shark!" territory until S07E06 "Beyond the Wall" when they really just said "FUCK IT!" and made such an absurd, brazen timeline that showed they clearly didn't care anymore.

Sure, the previous seasons had a marked drop in quality, but even the least discerning viewer was given a big middle finger by the crazy geography in that one.

season one, when the dwarf fainted during the charge of a battle and woke up when it was over.

Game of Thrones would have worked a lot better as a miniseries rather than a tv show.

>/k/ shit instead
>actual character moments
in that situation, one in the same

get raked, leaf

>When did Game of Thrones go from being good to sucking ass? What was the exact point?
When the jolly fat guy died in season 1.

>getting mad over /k/ shit instead of actual character moments
more like showfag tween doesn't understand that is a character moment. it ruined dayne's character.

the entire series is based off a realistic approach to fantasy.

"Ruling is hard. This was maybe my answer to Tolkien, whom, as much as I admire him, I do quibble with. Lord of the Rings had a very medieval philosophy: that if the king was a good man, the land would prosper. We look at real history and it’s not that simple. Tolkien can say that Aragorn became king and reigned for a hundred years, and he was wise and good. But Tolkien doesn’t ask the question: What was Aragorn’s tax policy? Did he maintain a standing army? What did he do in times of flood and famine? And what about all these orcs? By the end of the war, Sauron is gone but all of the orcs aren’t gone – they’re in the mountains. Did Aragorn pursue a policy of systematic genocide and kill them? Even the little baby orcs, in their little orc cradles?"

"The war that Tolkien wrote about was a war for the fate of civilization and the future of humanity, and that’s become the template. I’m not sure that it’s a good template, though. The Tolkien model led generations of fantasy writers to produce these endless series of dark lords and their evil minions who are all very ugly and wear black clothes. But the vast majority of wars throughout history are not like that."

It might strain your brain but dual wielding like that is retarded. You were probably a fan of the sand snakes or arya deflecting a greatsword with a fucking twig...same stupid problem.

When the feminists took over after the rape

>incel
fuck off back to r*ddit normalfag

>ARGHHHHHH

You're both legitimately autistic. He gets like one mention in the entire show outside of their Tower of Joy scene, and it's just someone recounting war stories with someone else.

>frogposter incel calling other people reddit
Have sex desu senpai

Attached: 1547757012769.gif (205x185, 47K)

>Even the little baby orcs, in their little orc cradles?"
Orc's aren't born that way in LOTR though.

Fuck off, retard

it's a shame you can't understand how retarded you actually are

when they reveal he's practically a fucking god and and still doesn't know what the fuck is going on.

Get more offended incel frogshit. Your misery gives me strength.

he got hit in the back of the head and knocked out

season 5 was the point of non return for me. There was always things I wasn't happy with in all seasons but overall solid, season 5 took a nosedive

Go back that that shithole you call /pol/ you stupid cunt.

When they scrapped Victarion and Aeron's plotlines in favor of the fucking Sand Sneks.

Attached: sand sneks.jpg (835x500, 167K)

Everytime they abandoned the source material

Season 2 episode 2. When they fucked Asha Greyjoy introduction and gave us the Littlefinger looking trhough peepholes scene. In that season the made up parts started to take over the book parts. That "stole my dragons" plot was at the level of the sand snakes.

When Charles Dance died taking a shit

This show fucking sucks and has sucked for a long time now. Why is anyone surprised?

Greyjoy's had an onscreen presence but Dorne had fuck all. It's an abysmal arc but it makes sense in terms of trying to keep track of every great house in Westeros.

>IamObaraSanddaughterofOberynMartellIfightforDorneWhodoyoufightfor

Sand snakes.

No one is saying season 7 was good lmfao

>Peasant telling off a noble is bad writing
Why would you ever listen to Martin’s terrible writing advice? Stick to Tolkien and Dunsany.

>a little bit of literary merit
Tolkien's mythology is the hallmark of literary merit.

Tolkien was still better than GRRM

This.
8 is the clear winner btw.

When STANNIS burned Shireen.

Season 5 is when it turned to shit, but the cracks were showing in season 4. The first 3 are pretty much perfect, I still go back and rewatch scenes from them just to appreciate the kino.
youtube.com/watch?v=SlowcpKuQsI

frank doelger ? what

Non ironically the Sansa rape. That was the exact point that marked the full conversion of a good show with low points to a bad show with high points and eventually a shit show with no redeeming qualities.

it's by far the worst season just people love the door scene.

Between the house of black and white and faith militant it's some of the worst tv ever shot and adds up to literally nothing.

Charles Dance is an awesome actor

After season 4 when they start digging up whatever they left out from the books, the exact point? when Ramsey did the 20 good men asspull and Stannis downfall in general.

Qyburn isn't op enough. Euron should have rolled up in steam powered boats with motherfuckers warming up their miniguns. These writers are just not bold enough to stretch the magic of the world.

Season 4 when Arya randomly met Hot Pie again.

>humanize the autistic murder cult recruit
>randomly

do you not understand what randomly means?

>But Tolkien doesn’t ask the question: What was Aragorn’s tax policy?
That's because lotr wasn't that kind of story. It was a myth. Does grrm really think this is a legitimate criticism?

Yeah, I just broadened the context to include outside of the show. I now realize that I read way too into your sentence like some sort of autistic child on adderall but I am not wrong, technically.

Yeah I think it was meant to be implied that she poisoned him as revenge for him sacking her city.

This has more to do with the fact that Emily Clark is a horrendous actress.

>Youtube suddenly keeps spamming me with George interviews
>They're all terrible and he speaks like a stilted, stuttering moron
The American Tolkien

Attached: 1537103967890.png (720x715, 472K)

>Politics and drama are usually just popcorn for the brain.
Only a true double digit IQ wielding brainlet would think this.

>but I am not wrong, technically.
>some sort of autistic child on adderall

Attached: 1343208673932.jpg (616x680, 159K)

>showfag

Tywin's death

Who gave you rights to redistribute my likeness?

it's just a way to ask if innocent children of enemies are slain too.

For me the shark was jumped when Soundwave Baratheon burnt his daughter. I realised that GoT had become a medieval version of Hostel: The Series at that point. Call me a snowflake, but torture porn just doesn't really do that much for me.

There have been reasons why I have enjoyed the last two episodes, but the most recent one definitely contained lots of boring stuff; the Starks having their massive bitch fest next to the Wierwood tree about John secretly being a member of the Human Barbecue clan being the main thing that comes to mind.

When the unsullied, who were raised to know only combat, got their shit pushed in by 1%'ers, who's only armor was heavy golden face masks - in an alley where spears should have excelled. It was at that point I knew that only plot armor and asspulls mattered in this show.

I just feel like a fucking idiot for staying on this long desu. Should have given up after Tyrion murdered Tywin since there was obviously nowhere to go after that. It's taken every ounce of my will to turn on the tv at 9:00 the last 4 Sundays since I truly don't care anymore. I just want it to be over so I can move on.

Attached: dan.jpg (422x594, 92K)

why do people always lose their shit over this quote ? I don't give a fuck about the guy or his books but he loved Tolkien, and at the same time he thought that he wanted to explore new themes about the ideas Tolkien set up, take the settings in a relatively new direction. And he did, and he was successful at it. And in 20 years another writer will look at his work and Tolkien's and he'll come up with something else. It doesn't mean they hate each other

Attached: Game of Thrones - S02E01 - The North Remembers.mkv_snapshot_04.44_[2019.05.06_21.04.14].jpg (1280x720, 150K)

No, the really baffling thing is how the fuck the numbers clearly don't match the courses shown. It's OBVIOUSLY much farther from Iron Islands to Dreadfort, than it is from Iron Islands to Pyke and back again.

Which matches real life assassins. Assassination isn't so much about skill as it is about a willingness to risk ones life to do it.

Incel detected

When did the second golden age of television die? 2012?

Attached: goingsomewhere.jpg (502x574, 98K)

It's really not Jon's fault that D&D can't let the straight white male protagonist shine.

That was KINO

wtf are you on about?

Jon was brought back to kill Dany tho

It never started.

King Bran will need a queen.

The correct answer is Dorne. The Dorne storyline in S5 is the definitive turning point.

Pretty accurate desu

>The war that Tolkien wrote about was a war for the fate of civilization and the future of humanity, and that’s become the template. I’m not sure that it’s a good template, though. The Tolkien model led generations of fantasy writers to produce these endless series of dark lords and their evil minions who are all very ugly and wear black clothes
then why did he make the evil bad ice zombies

you're a contrarian fuck if you don't think this season is a return to form

Early seasons had some good character stuff.

4/5 is when it got really lame
though it could've ended at 3 and be remembered a lot better

When it was about smart people trying to kill each other in medival politics. When you liked characters that were assholes. When anyone could die, at any time, in the most stupid or unexpected way. When good guys die first. When plot armor didn't seem to exist.

That was some kind of world building but it feels lost now. Who cares about who sits on the throne, I just want the cool character that I love do cool shit.

Attached: sad-tyrion.jpg (2100x1181, 386K)

Why are the 3 of them completely different ethnicities?

ok "volcel"

Who is that semen demon?

This was the first big problem for me.

I just blame fucking television. They always have to water shit down and make these little meme moments of mice defeating giants to appease plebs. Of course television doesn't have to he that way but unfortunately it is what it's devolved too. Honestly that's why I don't like watching movies most of the time unless it is something more obscure.

their handling of stannis post-book material 100p was the point of no return

When Ollie shot best girl Ygritte or when Joffrey died

there are no semen demons in that image, at best theres a slampig

the greyjoys

only balon and theon was casted correctly or done correctly at least in the beginning

the rest was just AH FUCK it, they didn't give Asha her real fucking name or show Victarion

it was better when battles felt beyond the character's immediate control, that they were passengers too and that fate was dictating the winner, thats why stannis' defeat was pretty much the last good moment

>sucking ass?

Attached: 01.png (1399x777, 546K)

>When did Game of Thrones go from being good to sucking ass? What was the exact point?
After Tywin got killed

Attached: 1556588333397.jpg (753x707, 29K)

I like the girl with the dyed hair and the big eyes. She looks approachable and probably is a positive lay.

Then again, she could be putting it on, and I'm dead wrong.

then you deserve everything GoT has become

>2nd season caused a huge amount of problems
like what?

what was the point of this arc?

Make fun of her breasts all you want. If you don't want them, I'll have them!

I don't see the same argument.

In this scene Tyrion is doing two things. He's figuring out where he is being taken and laying the ground work to recruit Bronn to his side. The audience gets some background info but mostly gets to see that Tyrion is wily and clever. It also establishes that Catelyn Stark is also clever but maybe not so much as Tyrion and is few too many steps out of the game. The fact he does that in way that explains to the mouth breathers what is going on is a sign of good writing.

The Olenna scene linked above does none of that, it doesn't build her character, it just serves to tell mouth breathers what they can't see.

Yeah.

And then to a lesser extent, Roose.

The violence peaked at the conclusion of the viper mountain battle. The series peaked when Jon came back to life.

Season 4 felt a bit off, but it was the very end of the season when they dropped Tyrion's Tysha motivation that did it for me. It was obvious that D&D weren't going to continue intricate plotlines because general audiences wouldn't be able to follow them and the show would suffer as a result.

Turns out I was 100% right.

Attached: 1535923962567.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

Anyone got a quick explanation for the tysha plot?

also if he doesnt explain where they are how the fuck would the audience know?

in the olenna scene you should know. they are just adressing the sub 50iq people watching.