Did they write the script for Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and then handed it to Stephen King for him to add his ideas to?

Did they write the script for Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and then handed it to Stephen King for him to add his ideas to?

Attached: The_Reckoning_battle.jpg (554x424, 29K)

Hi, I'm Yea Forums's #1 DS9 fan, and even I can tell you that this was a mistake. A mistake!

>futa versus muh dick

Whenever you do see panels discussions of writers and producers, they seem like they were just balls-out crazy, knowing they weren't a show with an Enterprise in it. Even the stuff happening with Benny in the "prophets visions" was suppose to be canon. Down the line, that all of Star Trek was a black man's fever dream in the 1940's. Some higherup was like "I love the script, but doesn't this mean that Kirk and Spock and all that is also happening in Benny's mind?" and the writer is like "So what?"

They clipped it, obviously, but the writers just did not care.

Ronald Moore added a bunch of Battlestar Galactica supernatural mystery box bullshit.

I give this thread my energy
Looking forward to the documentary next week!

Attached: Cardassians (1).jpg (516x400, 146K)

Before the movie starts, be sure to shout "Who slash trek slash here?" in the middle of your theater

That way you can meet up with other /trek/ regulars and become best friends.

I wish I had a friend who was a /trek/ regular. Alas, the band has broken up.
I'll shout "Dukat did nothing wrong!" every time Marc shows up on the screen though, just in case...

If you talk DURING the movie then I will refuse to be your friend.

Okay, just once before it starts. I might print off a flyer with an email on tear away tabs and tape that to the theater doors, in case anons are too scared to say hi in public.

Attached: compliment.jpg (1132x1600, 156K)

Also, it'll be awkward if somebody points out that Dukat actually did a whole lot wrong, like when he accidentally got himself stuck on the station while the boobytraps were going off, and then when he tried to screw over a rival politician by separating that politician from his son, but then he accidentally left a trail of clues and Garak caught him, and maybe that one time he accidentally got that chick pregnant and didn't abort, and when his whole life was ruined when he forgot that the Prophets were omnipotent beings inside the wormhole, and one time he tried to convince Sisko that he was perfectly sane but went about this task by talking to imaginary tulpas, also the whole becoming Space Satan thing might have been ill advised, and of course all the times when he cheated on his wife, and when he had to perform dishonest tricks on women (including Mama Major) to get them to sleep with him, and IMO when he tried to cheat in a game of kalevian montar with Odo.

Dumb as fuck episode but my god possessed Kira is the purest boner fuel

That 1940s episode was really cool though. I liked that one a lot. The wormhole aliens stuff is a bit hit and miss, however. In the op, I would say miss

Had that in your pocket for a while now haven't you, Ben? Think about it from Dukat's perspective, he was just trying to reassert himself as the caretaker of his space station. He'd had everything running smoothly before the Federation took over and now the galaxy is on the verge of erupting into war and your home planet is being manipulated by foreign powers beyond the wormhole. If Dukat had never allowed the Federation to take over then things wouldn't be in such a precarious situation, and Dukat has to feel guilty and ashamed of himself for allowing things to end up this way. If your only chance for redemption was committing a small act of evil, a relatively common occurrence in the expanse of the universe, can you honestly say you wouldn't do it?

alright that pic has my attention, can someone tell me why Star Trek has Kamehamehas now?

It's only for one episode. Bodiless aliens from near-Bajor steal the bodies of main characters. Those aliens are worshiped as gods by the aliens on the planet Bajor, and this is the final battle between good and evil in the Bajoran religion.

THE TWIST: The episode isn't actually about the final battle. It's really a character study about the father of one of those bodies, and about Bajor's Pope, who doesn't have faith in her own religion. The father believes that Good will protect his son, so he doesn't try to stop the battle. The Pope is afraid that Good will lose and Evil will win, so she uses SCIENCE to force her gods to fuck off and postpone the reckoning temporarily.

>go to theater to watch ds9 doc
>fan interview part
>someone yells "hey it's bashirfriend!"
What are you going to do when this happens

Check to see if the man is favoring his left hand.

and then avoid him if he does

>mfw getting ready to see what we left behind in theaters
I'm gonna have a great time and there's nothing you can do to stop me, /trek/

Attached: 1557171496263.gif (400x301, 245K)

What if I meet the real Bashirfag in my theater, and she turns out to really be a girl (female)? I think none of you are prepared for this possibility.

have a good time

She loathes me and I wouldn't want to ruin her night out so I might notice her across the lobby but I'd leave her alone and keep to myself.

Attached: image0-18.jpg (684x767, 148K)

>DS9 thread
>they end up talking about a tripfaggot
mental illness

>She loathes me
You're anonymous, Mental Illness-kun.

>I'm Yea Forums's #1 DS9 fan
Loved seeing you in Ira's documentary Jess

I will! I just started marathoning DS9 again! Basically a week long DS9 party at Casa de user's.

Attached: DDNW-1.png (400x397, 150K)

Jess pales in comparison to me. She hasn't even watched B5 yet.

My anime power level is higher too, since she's a filthy dub-watcher.

I'm from /trek/. Besides why would I want to sully my own evening with tripfag nonsense the one time I leave the house?

Barry is the new Jess!

Attached: Star Trek Rikerdubs 3.0.jpg (694x530, 101K)

What was each of their power levels, respectively?

Attached: power level.jpg (1033x787, 85K)

When threads nosedive like this I always wonder if I should grab the yoke and pull up or just let the plane crash.

Kira is obviously the best. Jake does what? Write all day? He couldn't throw a punch to save his life. Meanwhile Kira wouldn't even need to throw a punch.
Not much of a contest without the space magic.

It's not just about Kai Winn's lack of faith, but her overweening pride and her intense jealousy that Kira was chosen to be the vessel of the prophet and Sisko was the emissary of the prophets, while the prophet didn't even acknowledge her existence.

ds9 is a masterclass in the complexities of evil. Kai Winn wasn't evil per se - she wanted to use her position to help Bajor, she had a certain amount of compassion, and she was capable of love. She was just an incredibly petty and vain person. Whenever she was given the choice of doing the right thing of the egotistical thing, she chose the latter, because she had a boundless capacity to lie to herself and rationalise it as being ultimately for the greater good. Middle management is filled with people no more evil than her, she just happened to be smart enough to get into a position where she had enough power to do real harm.

i hope when i go see the ds9 documentary i meet a star trek cutie who also likes ugly out of shape men like me!

Attached: trek gf.jpg (600x900, 116K)

sneed

We all have the capacity to do evil, or accidentally inflict harm. Sometimes it's about weighing the risk of doing a little evil against the benefit of a greater good. None of us see ourselves as bad people, and even if we comprehend the consequences of our actions we seek ways to rationalize them.

In the episode "Do Not Pass" Captain Pike is relieved of command by Commodore Cameron for disobeying a direct order regarding interference in the Kreetassans' war with an unknown race claiming to live in a tertiary subspace manifold.

The incident is considered the only time a Captain both lost then regained command in the same day.

Attached: Pike.jpg (700x525, 42K)

>Carebear Stare!!!

Attached: Farscape.jpg (960x848, 80K)

this is a DS9 thread, bring your autism somewhere else

Hi VF!

Kino. I’m not even mad DS9 is a rip-off of Babylon 5.

whats VF?

Vic Fontaine