DANNY BOYLE: YESTERDAY - JUNE 28

youtube.com/watch?v=hAjIhzZ47nA

... I'm guessing at the end he's in a coma or dies, otherwise it's a dues ex machina? Boyles' best movies imo have been with screenwriter John Hodge (Trainspotting and Trance) and this one is with Richard Curtis, whose sentimental-beyond-belief stories with awkward character development arcs (Notting Hill, Bridget Jones, Love Actually etc.) seem to be quickly growing out of fashion with western culture.

From the trailer it looks like Boyle is going to make the best of the material with lots of use of meta tropes and casting, and it's probably worth him leaving Bond 25 for something this experimental (the rumour apparently is that he wanted to kill of Craig's Bond and confirm the 'James Bond is a moniker' theory, which the rights-holders deemed too radical), but what are your predictions? It won't be perfect, nothing is, but will it live up to the premise?

Attached: yesterdaymoviefbteaser-1024x576.jpg (1600x900, 237K)

inb4 he's in a coma and his gf is singing Beatles song to him

>danny boyle

Attached: 1557141750213.png (917x599, 46K)

It sounds like all there is is a premise
A single idea does not a movie make
Also I'm laughing at you calling this "experimental"

Yesterday my toilet felt so far away

Just spit out my morning coffee. Thanks for making my day!

But will he beat his wife?

Don't know but apparently one of the Beatles songs features opens with a line about sex with a seventeen-year-old, received (in-film) as a hit, so that already suggests Curtis's screenplay is somewhat out of touch with what is believable in today's culture. Yes it's a fantastical premise to begin with but you still need internal logic.

>put curson over the link
>thumbnails is that ugly fucking MONG

Into the trash...

this

Is this the movie where some streetshitter lives in a world where the Beatles are an obscure band and essentially just covers their music?

IMAGINE the smell

He's in a coma the entire time and his gf is playing Beatles song at hospital
In the coma dream he breaks up with his gf because he becomes hugely famous but eventually realizes he was wrong and goes to get back with her and this causes him to wake up out of the coma (he chooses the real world instead of his fantasy world)
The end

>I'm guessing at the end he's in a coma or dies
It's written by Richard Curtis so it will be something lame like this.

Visual soi

Literally shit

>Danny Boyle gets remembered by this crap and not the kino Shallow Grave

sad

Imagine living in a country where it's illegal to fuck 17 year olds

>put curson over the link
>thumbnails is that ugly fucking MONG
>Into the trash...

are you me, didn't even click play bacause I saw that bug-eyed cunt

Shallow Grave is poorly paced and gives little insight into its characters' motivations. It's a movie made entirely around impulse, full of potential but amateurish execution. Trance is the best of Boyle's smaller films, following through on its innovative premise in a way that not only follows a consistent internal logic, but is emotionally satisfying in the way it reveals and plays out each of the main characters' arcs.

Laws =/= subjective morality, genius. I'm not even saying whether or not it's wrong for an adult man to fuck a 17 year old but to suggest that a film set in contemporary 2019, abstracted from reality or not, would bring this up and pretend it wouldn't be roundly slammed by the left and liberals, for good or for ill, lacks a consistent internal logic.

this looks the exact kind of shit film that i love to watch. cant wait.

CUTE

Attached: Lily James Yesterday [00.41.291-00.42.959].webm (800x700, 335K)

Where’s muh 28 Months Later you muppet

Attached: Yesterday Trailer-[00.00.000-00.09.008].webm (1920x796, 2.19M)

Reddīt

Well she was just 17
If you know what I mean

So basically it just takes the time machine dream of going back in time and easily inventing a bunch of shit and blowing everyone's mind.

I mean I'd watch that if it were a 45 minute episode of Black Mirror or whatever, but a whole feature length film sounds gay. Why can't Boyle make another Horror film?

>Ana will NEVER look at you this day
What even is the point of living?

paying to see anas movies so she has a job

>Disgusting Hindu
no thanks

Do you honestly think we need MORE horror films? Behind capeshit it's probably one of the most flooded markets there is. I'd much rather see a Director's Cut of Ad Astra as an antidote to whatever Sunshine was trying to be, than another cattle-prod horror piece of shit.

the can of worms this opens up is mindboggling, but for arguments sake the music that can after the beatles still exists as it is now, so he's singing penny lane and she loves you etc and it's blowing people's minds, this is fucking ridiculous man i'm out, see you next time danny

According to early (mixed) reviews other subsequent elements of pop culture are also eliminated including Oasis... but the logic is still inconsistent

How about you skip your HRT infusions and go and watch Peggy Sue Got Married instead of Game of Söy reaction videos, you fucking pussy.

So in a world where the overrated Beatles don’t exist, will the Beach Boys finally have their proper recognition as the greatest band of all time?

Attached: FE76333E-FBAD-47FE-92DB-CF2B5BEE294E.jpg (220x293, 15K)

I wonder if TVU gets a mention in this flick.

Attached: what a clon.jpg (300x316, 19K)

What shitty photoshop he looks like a midget