Years later and neckbeards are still SEETHING about getting subverted LOL

Years later and neckbeards are still SEETHING about getting subverted LOL

Attached: neckbeards DESTROYED.png (611x519, 355K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/rianjohnson/status/1124530820692283392
m.youtube.com/watch?v=lmNSS0jtu0E
youtube.com/watch?v=FVzc20Bm8Xo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Haha he lost his mind

more like this dumb manbaby is still SEETHING over people calling out his shitty meme storytelling

Ah, my dick?

Is that the sound the Emperor made when thrown off the side? Would Rian even know that? He sounds he's got tourette syndrome.

What the actual FUCK is "mahdeek"?

Sure. The neckbeards seethe. But this dude's career is basically in shambles and Knives Out will fail horribly, like Bad Times at the El Royale (which is unfortunate as that shit was kino).

Is this real? Didn't expect him to have SUCH big balls.

Mah Dick

Or

'My penis' to non-niggers

What's his problem?

Attached: 1556727865410.png (539x347, 39K)

I am actually mad about that twit. Mad because of how slimey Rian is, he claims he wanted to make something new, but shields himself by claiming that's what other Star Wars films did. You can't have both strongest spear and strongest shield.

He's very sensitive

He's an SJW. This how they talk. He legitimately doesn't know the origin of the term "Mary Sue" from a Star Trek parody despite his his so-called "geek cred."

all that is fine that he's emotional but the emperor wasn't evil, galactic rule was much more peaceful than anything before it

Who the fuck his liking his retardation?

Attached: yh654w.png (112x54, 7K)

Who is this in reference to? The OT villains all had clear motivations.

.....what the actual fuck is wrong with Rian Johnson?

Attached: zed296.png (429x410, 12K)

>the only reply he can formulate in his double digit IQ brain is just insulting the post above instead of making a reasonable argument

Attached: 1551737423368.jpg (300x450, 19K)

What did he mean by it?

Attached: 933.png (534x548, 217K)

At this point I'm sure that Rian never gave a shit and simply didn't even try to make a decent movie
No way would you leave in the Space Vegas sequence if you took the time for a rewrite. It has nothing to do with the plot

>may 4, 2019
>2019

He's still defending it? Holy hell. I really don't think he's getting that trilogy.

Attached: 1556346944905.jpg (345x309, 34K)

Fucking pathetic

ive only seen each star wars once, and i dont really recall there being any big difference between the emperor or snoke. is rian johnson wrong here, or are people just being sensative because they love the OT? dont get me wrong, this dude is coming off like a total twat on twitter, but im just curious if the emperor was any different then the gold robe guy?

Was there something unclear about the emperors motivations or who he was?

the OPs tweet has 2k likes too twitter.com/rianjohnson/status/1124530820692283392

The Emperor was a mass murdering Tyrant who wanted the Galaxy under his control. By being the Master of Darth Vader and hating the Sith it's evident that he's the antithesis to the Jedi spirit and all good in the galaxy.

Not exactly hard stuff there Retard Johnson.

>MY MOVIE'S GREAT, YOU ASSBUTTS REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's been years and he's still upset over the criticism

how were his motives any different then snokes? evil leader of galactic empire. keep in mind, the emperor was years before we had sheev, so you cant count anything in the prequels

except the jedi caused more death than the empire

>and hating the Jedi it's evident that he's the antithesis to the Jedi spirit and all good in the galaxy.

Origin of a term doesn't matter when it comes to modern use. And while the term itself is indeed not sexist it gets used by sexist often enough, one can consider it on the line.

he's got kathleen kennedy's cock in his vagina and can't think straight.

GREAT FILM
10/10

Attached: last jedi hyperspace ram.webm (750x420, 2.78M)

>this retarded faggot still wont shut up

When did the Jedi blow up a peaceful planet?

>i dont really recall there being any big difference between the emperor or snoke.
this statements calls your claim of having watched "each star wars" into question.

>the jedi caused more death than the empire
lol no.

I have only ever seen mahdeek on pol...could it be?

>i saw these movies once years and years ago
>WTF YOU DONT REMEMBER EVERY LITTLE DETAIL, I DONT BELIEVE YOU HAVE EVER SEEN THEM
ok, but can you tell me the difference between the two, aside from the color of their robes? emperor was the leader of the empire, who talked to his dark lord sidekick through holograms and sat in a chair. snoke literally was the exact same thing, what am i missing?

But we knew more about the Emperor than about Snoke.

The Emperor was once elected as leader of the old Republic, he's an enemy of the Jedi, he formed the Empire, and he seduced Anakin to the dark side. Now, what's Snoke's deal?

great cinematic moment honestly. it just made zero sense in the context of Star Wars lore or canon. I actually enjoyed the whole movie a lot more by pretending it was just a generic popcorn flick and not related to the first 6 Star Wars films at all.

>And while the term itself is indeed not sexist it gets used by sexist often enough, one can consider it on the line.
Stay mad, Tumblrina.

Attached: 7.jpg (700x473, 185K)

t. Sith Internet Defense Force

>George Lucas gets shit for years over the Prequels
>Doesn't complain about it
>Rain Jonson gets 10% of the shit Lucas gets
>Gets upset enough to reply to people for years

Attached: 1508972477591.jpg (456x402, 30K)

>its a good movie, its just not a good star wars movie

what is he implying?

Half of that shit came in the prequels.

In OT he was just some bad guy who get off turning people to the dark side.

You're the one getting mad over facts, incel-kun.

"muh dik"
Rian is /ourguy/.

George is retarded and autistic, but also based.

>emperor was once elected as leader of the old republic
this is never stated in the OT, at best it says the emperor dissolves the senate
>he formed the empire
again, this is never directly stated in the OT
>enemy of the jedi
well any badguy is the enemy of the 'goodguys' of the universe, thats not really a defining trait of the emperor

>Half of that shit came in the prequels.

Wrong. It's mentioned in ANH that he dissolved the Senate, which means he was originally head of the Senate, which means he was elected. So only he could have the political power to reform the Republic into the Empire. Also, we know from ESB onward that he can use the Force and is Vader's master so it's only logical that he's the one who turned him to the dark side since no one else could teach Vader the ways of the Sith.

>emperor was once elected as leader of the old republic
>this is never stated in the OT, at best it says the emperor dissolves the senate
>he formed the empire
>again, this is never directly stated in the OT

It's a logical conclusion, zoomer. How else could you dissolve the fucking Senate if you're not in charge?

>well any badguy is the enemy of the 'goodguys' of the universe, thats not really a defining trait of the emperor
It was obvious he was from some rival group (and the Sith were mentioned in the script even back then) since he speaks with such disdain about the Jedi and he knows the dark side.

Palpatine was actually relevant as the main antagonist through the entire original trilogy, for one, and not built up and unceremoniously killed in ESB and written off as if he were nobody because of incredibly lazy writing.

One of the main problems with the two nuWars in general is that not only do they shit on and invalidate decades of established lore from the previous films, but they do it to each other as well, leaving actual Star Wars fans who have been following the Star Wars for decades and actually know what's going on with a very "none of this makes sense. what the fuck is the point of any of this?" feeling.

>dissolving the senate means you were head of the senate
ok you are retarded. how many times in history has a millitary leader taken control and dissolved the government? or do you think those generals were elected also?

Emperor was first you dont need an explanation when there is no history. You can just say this is the emperor and you accept that.
There is no history for snoke but the universe has history. Questions come up like who the fuck is this guy who managed to make the first order in 30 years? A first order who somehow can spend more money on deathstar planet and giant ships than the empire had at its peak. This fringe organization has more resources than the empire did controlling the whole galaxy.
How the fuck did that happen?

unironically this.

>logical conclusion
oh are we doing this now? you are so fucking stupid, if thats your argument, then snoke defenders can literally do the exact same thing. give me in movie shit that shows how snoke and palpatine are different aside from the color of their robes, not shit you made up in your head because you are a fanboy who loves the OT

>How else could you dissolve the fucking Senate if you're not in charge?
Holy fucking kek. Reread the shit again until you start to understand how stupid you sound.

i bet your dumb ass thinks the "ok" hand gesture is a white power symbol, too.

Ryan craves attention like jealous whore. It's funny.

There's nothing in Sidious' appearance that suggests he's a military man.

No, they can't because there's literally zero info about Snoke or the First Order in the movies.

Not an argument.

back to /pol/

>except the jedi caused more death than the empire
Sure buddy

Attached: alderaan.jpg (480x360, 25K)

cringe

I can't believe he wrote Brick and Looper. He has literal NO idea what he's talking about.

Or he knows, and he has to signal to the people who give him work. Probably the latter.

>Space Vegas
Every single scene on that planet made me want to literally throw up, and it only got worse as time went on.

You seriously don't see the difference between a character whose death was used to bring resolution to a narrative, and a character whose creation undoes the prior narrative resolution, and only raises questions about it?

>appearance
so i suppose an all black bath robe is what the president of the united planets would wear?

>Years later and neckbeards are still SEETHING about getting subverted LOL
That's a bad thing to have a lot of people hate your movie, especially when you're talking a franchise, and the end result was a lot less people wound up watching Solo. The whole "u mad" thing works online but it's not really what you want to run a business on.

Alderaan shot first

>Bad Times at the El Royale
>kino

Attached: 1515111232957.jpg (600x600, 41K)

now you are talking about their necessity to a story. show me in movie how the two characters are different from one another.

if i copy pasted snokes parts into the OT and emperor into the new trilogy and showed someone who has never seen star wars, would they be able to tell something is very wrong, or are their characters so fucking similar that they wouldnt even know?

>so I suppose tan and brown bath robes is what the grand masters of the Jedi would wear?

>Origin of a term doesn't matter
wew

>is rian johnson wrong here, or are people just being sensative because they love the OT? dont get me wrong, this dude is coming off like a total twat on twitter, but im just curious if the emperor was any different then the gold robe guy?

What exactly is your goal here?
Are you asking us if Snoke is a dishonest copypaste of the Emperor (he is), or are you asking if the two characters hold equivalent places in the Star Wars narrative?

Because I'm starting to get the impression that you're just here to stir up shit.

"Hey, negro used to mean black, and it still means black in Spanish, fuck any context, I'm going to call my neighbour one."

People do that in Spanish all the time you faggot nigger.

well, living on a sand planet, and seeing as how our earth desert dwellers wear robes...yes?

Good argument from Rian

In Spanish speaking countries with a different cultural context*

palpatine has 6 movies developing his role and his character. we're not going to spoonfeed you every bit of information about him. watch the fucking movies yourself.

snoke is a new, mysterious character who's built up very briefly in one (1) episode as being the next big evil then immediately killed off in the very next episode and played off as a nobody. like the writers are working on a half-assed monster-of-the-day television show.

I don't see how anyone who's actually watched the movies can see them as being in any way comparable. and, no, your constant insistence that we only use the origial trilogy to base our knowledge of Palpatine on isn't relevant or comparable to snoke at all as he wasn't killed halfway through the original trilogy and written off as a nobody. not only this, but the original trilogy, starting with ESB, was named episodes 4-6 for a reason, because Lucas always originally planned on prequels that went into more depth on how the empire and palpatine came to be.

if i asked you how rey and luke are different characters could you tell me? thats what im asking about snoke and the emperor, and i want in movie proof, not head cannon, book stuff, prequel stuff, i want to see in the OT how the emperor and snoke arent the exact same thing

Are you saying America is a Spanish speaking country?

i most certainly can insist that you only use the OT, because at the time RotJ was made, there were no prequels to draw upon, his character was that character and no one knew anything else about him, and there was no shit fest then

since when was Coruscant a desert planet? you really didn't watch the movies did you.

Bots and NPCs. Sounds redundant but theres a distinction.

>if i asked you how rey and luke are different characters could you tell me?
Well one is a boy and the other is a girl...

>thats what im asking about snoke and the emperor, and i want in movie proof, not head cannon, book stuff, prequel stuff, i want to see in the OT how the emperor and snoke arent the exact same thing
You're suggesting that Snoke is the Emperor and he survived getting thrown down a hole and the destruction of the Death Star?

Serious question: the latinos in US of A say "negro"? Is nickname in spanish speaking countries and America has big latino comunity

again, even if we follow your stupid arbitrary "only the OT" rule, they're not comparable because the emperor was an actual antagonist and leader of the entire galactic empire, and not a fake antagonist killed off by Vader in Empire Strikes Back as an ultimately meaningless character well before the trilogy's conclusion.

exactly what was the plan of the empire by killing off civilians? that's like the worst idea in existence unless you're paranoid China

>it gets used by sexist often enough
Just like the OK gesture, milk or frogs, right?

Attached: 1552451725017.gif (320x240, 1.58M)

Oxygen is used by racists, is oxygen racist?

>pretending that pepe isn't an aut-right symbol

Attached: select your character.png (503x846, 742K)

So in your clown world any word can become sexist as long as whoever you deem to be sexists use it?

Only because you let it be one

Even using the OT only, the Emperor doesn't need explanation to explain his place in the narrative, any more than we need explicit backstory on Thulsa Doom in Conan.

no, we call latinos spics, wetbacks, or beaners. negro is an old 1950s era identifier for blacks only, not commonly used today and not necessarily a slur but still not seen as a respectable term.

It's also used by anyone else.

"Mary Sue" is used by beginner writers who don't know any better terms, bloggers without any background in the shit they talk about and well, recently sexists.

Though wouldn't go so far as calling it an unique sexist word obviously.

How much subversion will there be?

Attached: 1557114204405.png (995x822, 368K)

What even is the First Order? None of this shit is explained, and unlike an Emperor who is dissolving the last remnants of a Republic, it needed explaining.

Pottery

Attached: Cinemaof george lucas.jpg (500x478, 36K)

not really we still call niggers niggers, just like you calinigger speaking like you know shit

>"Mary Sue" is only used by [pejorative list of groups]
yea ok

>not liking badly written "strong female" characters makes you sexist
Keep telling yourself that.

why is /fa/ so fucking cringe guys?

fingers crossed they'll at least subvert the expectation of these movies to be absolute garbage fires.

because it's filled with women and young effete males.

>ignores decades of badly written male characters
>bitches about the few existing female ones in the same roles
I mean, yeah. What else would be the reasoning?

>ignores decades of badly written male characters
imagine complaining that your opposition *isn't* using straw men.

are zoomers the double down generation?

Give an example of a gary stu that nobody bitched about.

Moving the goalposts. Oxygen is used "often enough" by racists

Negro, and negra is used all the time in "Spanglish"

This scene was actually good, it reminded me of Gunbuster.

Since the thread about this idiotic series, pick Luke. A total fucking self-insert who has the same fucking name as the writer and much closer to the original Mary Sue than Ray could hope to be.

But basically any character in popular series would count, from Sherlock to Bond or Indiana Jones. Change the genders and watch the incel tears.

>I mean, yeah.
Roastie/faggot detected.

Attached: 1543223524971.jpg (480x360, 12K)

It was visually impressive i'll give it that. If you put any thought of how it fits into the context of the setting the movie takes place in then it's fucking retarded.

based. rian is based.
brainlets don't understand that both Snoke and NK are shitty villains with no background or character development, so killing them off unceremoniously subtracts nothing from the story

Shut the fuck up you queer piece of r*ddit shit.

I feel like the main difference between snoke and palpatine is the fact that palatine was a galaxy known figure and has the strongest militia in the galaxy. Snoke appears to be more elusive and thus creates less "powerful" presence in the galaxy and not only that the first order doesn't seem to be that big of a threat compared to the Empire.

imagine being 45 yo dwarf who argues with random neckbeards on twitter. if i had his money i would do cocaine all day and laugh and plebs, instead he is trying to explain himself and be accepted in lower class cirkles. lol what a insecure cuck.

Attached: lol99.png (508x454, 192K)

If you think Luke is a Gary Stu then you really don't know what that term means.

this guy seriously has some problems, and disney like an oblivious mother will defend him no matter what he does becuase the demographic hes offending/disrespecting is not the female/kid nuwar fans

Attached: hanshigi.png (890x890, 246K)

Damn he looks good for his age. Probably the only positive thing I could say about him.

Best Korea is a fine villain.

Yeah, that's what I actually meant. Not a good "scene' but a great visual. Really took me by surprise in the theater.

The only factor that would prevent him to be would be an overly anal definition that requires it to be fan fiction, in which case no character in an original work can be.

Nope, sorry. Rey in her first appearance had complete control of the force, and handily defeated an actually somewhat trained jedi, something which took luke 3 movies to do. He had to earn his powers, rey already had them just by virtue of having a cunt. But have sex though, right?

>>he formed the empire
>again, this is never directly stated in the OT
Sure. But it's not a big logical leap considering we know there was a "before the empire" well within living memory. Especially given how old the Emperor is depicted as being. In fact thinking the Emperor didn't form the Empire, with those two details in place, is probably the less logical assumption.

None of you faggots can debate this post

>complete control of the force
She barely understood what she was doing herself and let her anger do the fighting. A lot like Luke vs fucking Vader; and Luke training for a bit doesn't justify the crap.
>an actually somewhat trained jedi
Who was injured. If anything it's amazing that the dude could stand after taking the shot.

have sex

If I had time travel, I'd kidnap Rian back to the Middle Ages and make a fortune as a salt merchant.

He has, literally, gone full-blown insane and in-denial he did anything wrong. He is in full-cope. Just don't even bother with him.

What about her successful jedi mind trick on her first fucking try? Also something it took Luke three movies to LEARN, not just do it because. You are wrong.

Luke got btfo by Vader because of overconfidence and had moments where he grew from those mistakes. That alone disqualifies him from being a Gary Stu.

Rey has never failed at anything and excels at anything she does. She fits the definition of Mary Sue far closer.

>A lot like Luke vs fucking Vader; and Luke training for a bit doesn't justify the crap.
Why do retards keep posting this nonsensical justification?

>Sherlock
Setting aside that Irene Adler exists within the Sherlock universe itself, are you implying that every intelligent female character ever written has been met with complaint and criticism for being intelligent?

>Bond
non-superhuman female action-spy characters who fight toe to toe with men are inherently mary sues and calling attention to the fact. that aside, there have still been many well received female characters in this genre. where were the "incel tears" over Black Widow?

>indiana jones
Lara Croft is one of the biggest names in video games, not to mention several successful movies.

>H-HAYAI!!
>NANI???
>AAAAAUUUUUH

This. He's an SJW, an ideological retard. He will never be wrong and never have humility.

are you functionally retarded?

They think their Twitter circle jerk talking points work outside their echo chambers.

>n-no, you're the one who's seething.

Give it up, Rian.

so is he just chrischan?

Attached: WHY.png (970x546, 339K)

>he is trying to explain himself
AAAUUUUGHGGGGGHG MYYYYY DIIIIIIICK

Waiting for some faggot/woman to actually debate this, because they can't

m.youtube.com/watch?v=lmNSS0jtu0E

>What's his problem?

He wanted so badly to bring a clever and fresh take to Star Wars, he was willing to toss out every storytelling convention to achieve a grand new vision. Except he's kind of a simpering midwit, so his vision wasn't all that lofty. He was smart enough to recognize structures, tropes and expectations which were ripe for subversion, but not quite so smart that he was able to add anything new or interesting in their place. So the production of TLJ ended up with moments such as when that costume director discusses Rose and her outfits. The experienced costume professional naturally points out that in order to convey a sense of elegance at the casino, Rose should be played by a tall actress. Rian Johnson immediately shoots down this suggestion, saying she will be short and pudgy, because that's the opposite of what would be expected. The costume designer looks at him confused, but anticipating some clarification, maybe Rian Johnson has something more to add, a novel idea that will really help Rose shine and make the subversion worth it? Nope. He's got nothing. The realization sets in and you see the costume teams faces drop: They're working for a 40 year old child who doodles storyboards with crayons and is just going to do the opposite of anything that makes a movie work, because at some point in his life, he got it in his head that being contrary is the same as being clever.

I'm pretty sure those were ghostwritten.

Yikes... holy cringe and bluepilled.

Attached: 1556686422290.jpg (3096x4128, 1.04M)

I've got to go with Jimmy Nutron

b-bait?

Rian Johnson will always be known as the faggot who ruined Star Wars, along with Kennedy. Nothing Lucas ever did will compare to the dumpster fire known as the Last Jedi. Not the prequels, not the ewok movies, not even the Christmas special.

im a leftie and use pepe

Attached: 1550172345229.gif (511x512, 105K)

Uh, fuck you, nigger? Snoke was a gigantic plot hole and done away with to no impact on anything but this little faggot still acted like he had a deep, textured, plan about the character the entire time. You don't take pictures of yourself mocking people with the phrase "your Snoke theory sucks" when you don't have a theory at all and just write him out of the story. I close with "fuck you, nigger" again.

based

What about Luke doing the crazy shot on the Death Star?

Sherlock isn't just intelligent but also a master boxer, great violinist and master of fuckloads of other skills.

>non-superhuman female action-spy characters who fight toe to toe with men
It's not like Bond just fights with men, but versus multiple men. If you can buy a dude winning 1 vs 5 trained fighters but get shocked by a chick doing it ... suspension of disbelief isn't your issue. Besides his skills aren't limited to fighting.

>where were the "incel tears" over Black Widow?
Hey, the movie is coming. So far she had less screen-time than Tony's cars.

>Lara Croft is one of the biggest names in video games
So? Most people aren't incels.

Shit taste, faggot. But expected from a frogposter.

bots owned by disney

Cringe. Stop posting.

>show me in movie how the two characters are different from one another.
Okay, kike: where was Snoke during the original trilogy and why isn't his not being acknowledged as somehow present relevant to how credible his existence in the plot is?

have sex

hes right, gary stu is a stupid term

TLJ defenders are all mentally ill. It's a terrible movie in every sense of the word.

Based.

>It's not like Bond just fights with men, but versus multiple men.
there's precedent for a highly skilled and trained man taking out several large but untrained goons in real life. show me a 5 foot tall 120lbs highly skilled and trained woman taking out even one strong but untrained male goon attacking her in real life first, let alone multiple.

>What about Luke doing the crazy shot on the Death Star?
Chekovs gun, first movie

At least I had a theory you round headed faggit.

Attached: IMG_20190506_141458.jpg (1536x2048, 213K)

> highly skilled and trained man
How many of these drink as much as Bond?

>untrained goons
He usually fights against people who should be decent based on their job. Besides it's a very rare fucking thing to happen even against untrained idiots. Any martial artist will tell you that when it's 1vs5, you better try to gtfo.

Doesn't make it any less bullshit. Ray was hinted to have some serious connection to the force too.

Rian is retarded and I don't know about sexism but it's pretty stupid to change that has become a term to Gary Stu just because Mary Sue is a lady name

>Doesn't make it any less bullshit.
It does. Thats the point

>Doesn't make it any less bullshit.
What doesn't? That Luke could succeed where a non force-sensitive pilot failed by a few inches? Shoot yourself.

wow what a gay user

So much subversion that it will actually be a Star Trek movie.

> non force-sensitive pilot
A trained one. With a targeting computer.

Attached: rian_interview.png (1223x737, 452K)

What the fuck is your point? You don't have one.

He seems like a molester

Just throw him into a furnace and turn it to maximum heat.

The Emperor needs much less explaining, his existence has been known since the beginning of the series, and since his title is emperor, we can assume he inherited the position from his father (although we find out this isn't true later on). With Snoke, he is inserted into a precoating universe with little that can be implied, as he dresses to casually for us to assume he's just an imperial officer turned warlord. Honestly though, Snoke not having a backstory or explanation wouldn't matter that much if Lucasfilm hadn't been creating hype around his origins and if there were a threatening villain to take his place.

He doesn't even know the Emperor goes
>HeeeeeeyaaayeeeaaaayeeeaaaayeeaaaaaaaahBOOM

Pulling force targeting superior to experts + ai is hardly any better than pulling jedi mindtrick vs random guy.

Yeah for Palpatine being evil for the sake of being evil actually works. For Snoke, who is presented as EVILER and MORE POWERFUL than Mr. UNLIMITED POWER it's a different story.

sweetie? have sex

Attached: 1554466277715.jpg (270x323, 66K)

Muh dick hurts from the last time, gimme a break, qt.

He is a manlet.

>people call out rian on how poorly he wrote and developed rey
>suddenly "mary sue" is a sexist term and it needs to go

really makes me think, bros

Snoke is a plot hole. He's supposed to be the reason Luke pulled his lightsaber on a sleeping Ben Solo and then before any more information is revealed about how that's even fucking possible he's eliminated by the plot, leaving the entire motivating incident behind the story unexplained, which since this is a sequel means the entire thing rests on said plot hole and the writers should get a bullet in the skull.

Do you even understand what a plot hole is?

Can someone with a twatter account retweet this at Bob Iger and Katherine Kennedy?

I certainly don't think that The Mouse wants his kids franchise associated with such profanity!

How was Snoke able to be in the position that he was to influence things and why doesn't his death matter if he was?

It's entirely different as one is instinctual and the other is a technique. Luke is already a pilot, Luke already established that he can "bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home", there is no knew knowledge being put to work he beyond "trust your own abilities".

Are you claiming that Rey had similar pre-existing experience mind-tricking people?

Imagine whatit must feel like to have ruined a multi billion dollar franchise

>implying Rian ruined the franchise
>implying it wasn't ruined when Disney announced the trilogy

Attached: 1464907662611.jpg (640x496, 45K)

He constantly fails in trying to use the force and his lightsaber, trains for years and only wins his fight on the death star because Vader saves him. He's doubted by Han, Leia, Chewie, and Yoda due to him being so naive. Rey instantly has Finn fall in love with her, Han and Leia respect her, Kylo obsess over her. She is able to use mind tricks, use telekenis better than Yoda, defeat a trained dark Jedi and Snokes highly trained guards after a small amount of self practice over three days.

bullshit, disney just had to make a generic rehash of the first three movies like they were planning and they would've made their money back.

now it's impossible

It also kinda works if you watch it under the assumption that Luke has slipped through some kind of dimensional fault into a bizzaro universe where everything was familiar but wrong and everyone was stupid, so he's disgruntled to be stuck with a bunch of idiots.
I still would not recommend this movie to anybody.

Except that Papa George always intended to tell Sheev's backstory in the prequel movies and he DID. Try harder, Rian.

>fear will keep the systems in line

>where were the "incel tears" over Black Widow?

people used to bitch about her stealing the show in The Avengers, before Brie came along and drew all the hatred.

Rian is a fucking cretin and a child molester I swear to god

>Scarjo in spandex
>stealing the show
>bitching about it
What unholy plebbitry is this? Am I surrounded by homosex?

>disney just had to make a generic rehash of the first three movies like they were planning
>like they were planning
They had no plan to begin with. And making generic shit wouldn't have a lasting effect, as it's already showing.

Rian Johnson is a pedophile.

>the same people who quoted “let the past die” thousands of times are already saying palpatine coming back is a great thing
Can these people at lease be consistent with their retardation

/thread

They're obedient consumers, they'll like whatever the Mouse tells them to like.

It's pasta, but "simpering midwit" is such a delicious expression I can't help but like it everytime I see it.

yeah this scene was interesting and visually cool, the idiot i saw this film with didnt understand what was happening and thought holdo fired a bomb.

We really need to start locking you retards up.

He's not smart enough to form actual arguments, too proud of himself to admit to being wrong, and is too chickenshit to deal with confrontations in general.
Unable to ignore arguments against his terrible decisions, however, he attempts to dismiss all criticism with ad hominem in an attempt to generate twitter hearts and feel a kind of hollow self-validation.
Rian is so insecure he needs not only to virtue signal to others, but also virtue signal himself.

Seriously though why did he do it?

We don't know.

It'd be a plothole if something about him went against currently established rules. So far nothing does. He's just a big unknown with the bits known working inside a story.

>It'd be a plothole if something about him went against currently established rules.
You mean like there being two Sith?

When the announced the EU was getting canned and they weren't using any of the stories from it was the moment I knew it was going to be trash. The people running things at Disney can't create anything new that's good.

They are not Sith, they don't have yellow eyes.

Probably tired of getting berated by fans constantly on Twitter. Not that he doesn't deserve it.

It's the onions

This guy is literally fucking retarded.
That happened in episode 6 of a series WHERE WE HADN'T SEE THE FIRST 3 EPISODES.
Snork died in episode 8 of a series WHERE WE HAD SEEN ALL THE PREVIOUS EPISODES.
Just fucking kys, Rian.

No one complained about her "stealing" anything. Some people complained that there was nothing about her that should let her hang with supersoldiers and gods in a battle which is a somewhat relevant point but it's no universe breaking.

Rian Johnson rapes kids

Mind tricking seems a more instinctive skill, so doubt having similar experiences would be required.

Ray was running away and getting captured most of the movie. Sounds fail-y for me.
>trains for years
Not really.
>and only wins his fight on the death star because Vader saves him
The big one later. But him being able to stand against Vader for longer than a few seconds is a total bullshit given his experience level.
>He's doubted by Han, Leia, Chewie, and Yoda due to him being so naive.
It doesn't stop either to work with him and support Luke in crucial moments. It's not like he gets abandoned by anyone.
>Rey instantly has Finn fall in love with her
Nice fanfiction.
>Han and Leia respect her
Han was rather indifferent. Leila reaction was weird indeed.
>Kylo obsess over her
Due her force connection. Foreshadowing and shit.
>She is able to use mind tricks
Managing a force feat as force users after foreshadowing that she has a decent connection to the force. Crazy!
>use telekenis better than Yoda
The Yoda who lifted the ship was barely breathing.
>defeat a trained dark Jedi and Snokes highly trained guards
Total bullshit but hardly better than Lukes feats in EP 5-6.

Nothing about him or Kylo speaks for Sith.

What's with the desire to label things you don't like int he same way. He's a boring character who could've been used better or at least have bits of his background explained. Doesn't mean he's a fucking plothole.

Same with Ray. Obviously she's a generic character from writing by numbers. Just like most SW characters always were.

The writers agreed, dipshit. Black Widow's only purpose was a human sacrifice.

you can't possibly believe any of this shit.

plus vader was going easy on luke in esb.

>He was smart enough to recognize structures, tropes and expectations which were ripe for subversion, but not quite so smart that he was able to add anything new or interesting in their place.

This is the epitome of critical theory, which has infected modern academia and, to an extent, Western society.

>years later
It's only been a year and a half, you fucking idiot.

Yeah, it was a valid complaint, just not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.

>plus vader was going easy on luke in esb.
To a point sure but it doesn't explain the ep 6 shit then. Nor how he survived against Vader (a great fucking pilot) chasing him in ep 5.

That's kinda expected from directing a billion dollar toy commercial.

Unbelievably based pasta

>Nor how he survived against Vader (a great fucking pilot) chasing him in ep 5.
It was Ep 4, for one, and Vader lives inside an iron lung while Luke and he have to fly down a trench and work their way around obstacles. His maneuverability was limited because of his wingmen, he was momentarily startled when he felt the Force inside Luke and Han hit the guy next to him just in time, after which he was knocked off course and couldn't stop spinning (not a good trick there) until after the Death Star had already imploded.

>To a point sure but it doesn't explain the ep 6 shit then
What Ep 6 shit? Vader is still trying to goad Luke into a rage as per his master's instructions. It's all orchestrated so Luke falls to the dark side.

>It was Ep 4, for one
Mah bad.
Also while are your points are true, he managed to get a few shots in and missed like some fucking Stormtrooper. Kinda meh.

Even so, enraged newb Luke shouldn't be able to overpower a fucking master. Come on, are you seriously pretending that both just aren't generic wish-fulfilment characters?

Years later, and Rian Johnson is still acting like a child on social media.

It was fun watching this guys mind break over the course of a few months.

Attached: 1462059601171.png (720x644, 31K)

It pissed me off.

The biggest reason Snoke needs some explanation is because he isn't in the originals. The Disney Wars movies have the obligation to connect themselves to the previous films, because they are sequels that deal with many of the same characters in the same timeline. Thus, Snoke's absence in the originals is deafening and needs explanation. The Emperor, meanwhile, needs little to no explanation. Sure, it would be nice to get more backstory on him (which Lucas eventually supplied with the prequels), but it's not necessary. He's the ruler of the Empire and Darth Vader's master; it's that simple. However, since Snoke is following in his footsteps, and is presumably old enough to have been alive during the originals, the writers of Disney Wars have the obligation to answer the question of "where was this guy all along?"

>It was Ep 4, for one
>Mah bad. Also while are your points are true, he managed to get a few shots in and missed like some fucking Stormtrooper. Kinda meh.

He pretty much eliminates everyone flying behind Luke everytime he takes a shot. He only misses Luke because Luke is a nascent Force user. Even so, he took out Artoo, and had the shot hit the X-Wing instead of the droid, Luke would lkely have crashed into the superstructure like Red Leader had minutes before.

>Even so, enraged newb Luke shouldn't be able to overpower a fucking master. Come on, are you seriously pretending that both just aren't generic wish-fulfilment characters?

Vader was playing stubborn but actually doubt was eating away at him. Luke could feel the conflict in his father alright, though he denied it. Vader threatening Luke's sister was merely the straw that broke the camel's back in that confrontation, as Luke had to remain calm while seeing his father rejecting his offer to help him and Palpatine cackling and heckling him from across the room while his friends and allies were annihilated extra slowly, caught in a trap that was also their one chance and taking out the second Death Star and the Emperor in one fell swoop. Luke's berserker rage that overpowers his old, asthmatic and crippled father who's only half into it anyway nearly comes at the price of his soul. The trade-off is fair, and Luke almost wouldn't have stood down if his strike at Vader's wrist hadn't reminded him of his and his father's looming similarities.

Luke had years of training under Yoda at the time. Also, he only overpowers Vader decisively because he momentarily taps into the Dark Side. The Emperor knew that if he did this, he would be powerful enough to defeat Vader and replace him as his apprentice. But Luke pulls back before fully losing himself, which is why he gets wrecked by the Emperor and needs Vader to save him. In the end, it's partially a story about the follies of arrogance. Vader underestimates Luke and gets bested I'm saber combat because of it. The Emperor, meanwhile, overestimates his hold on Vader and underestimates Vader's light, which makes him unsuspecting of betrayal.

>Luke had years of training under Yoda at the time.
Luke does not train for years under Yoda. Stop squeezing the EU into topics where only the OT itself is needed, the ST is still more hole-y than a Swiss cheese.

There is a multiple year gap between ESB and ROTJ. He spends all this time training with Yoda. This is why he's able to destroy Jabba's forces. Also, how else would he have had the time to craft his own lightsaber. You are blatantly incorrect.

>old, asthmatic and crippled
Neither affected him during combat at any point during the movies. And while the price was fair, the power boost was way over the top against a master of the dark side.

>years of training under Yoda at the time
It weren't years in the movies. But hey, let's run with it, the experience would be still no where close.

>he only overpowers Vader decisively because he momentarily taps into the Dark Side.
A tap into the Dark Side against a guy who used it for decades worked?

>it's partially a story about the follies of arrogance.
The Emperor was arrogant. And him going down against Luke with Vader's help is a fine development.

Vader didn't commit any mistakes relating to arrogance in the fight, unless you count it as arrogant not to expect that some kid could get a larger boost from the dark side Vader experienced the majority of his life at that point.

There isn't a multiple year gap inbetween ESB and ROTJ even if you pull the EU into it. Officially, ROTJ happens 1 year after ESB while ANH and ESB are 3 years apart. Luke never returns to Yoda until his death and he crafts his own lightsaber with books he found in Kenobi's homestead.

> (You)
>>old, asthmatic and crippled
>Neither affected him during combat at any point during the movies. And while the price was fair, the power boost was way over the top against a master of the dark side.
Vader didn't want to actually kill his son and was overwhelmed and forced into the defensive when he suddenly came at him. Also, by the time ROTJ happens, Vader hasn't had a sparring partner close to his equal in years (at the very least 4 since he fought Kenobi).

>>he only overpowers Vader decisively because he momentarily taps into the Dark Side.
>A tap into the Dark Side against a guy who used it for decades worked?
Yeah because Vader was teetering on the edge of the light side. The scales tipped in that moment. And before you ask, the Emperor is unable to sense Luke on Endor while Vader senses him clearly, so Palpatine has some sort of blind spot where familial love is concerned (plays nicely into his character being played with all the signs of the Antichrist).

>Who is Julius Caesar for $500
>Who is Napoleon Bonaparte for $700
>Who is Hitler for $900

Reminder Last Jedi was so bad it caused Solo to flop. Rise of Skywalker will be lucky to crack a billion

Vader was facing internal conflict, so that also contributed to his defeat. Also, he's old at this point, while Luke is young and fast.

Regardless, we may argue about the intricacies of who should've beaten who, but I think that misses the point, which is that Luke ascends to victory through gradual development, while Rey never fails at anything.

Except being right about Kylo Ren U-turning to the light at her behest.

If Captain Fungus cracked a billion then this will unfortunately.

We knew there was an emperor since the first film, saw him in the second, and confronting him built up all the last film. He was killed in an act of final redemption at the end of the last film. Snoke comes along in a pre established universe, and is unceremoniously killed off. This is after a mystery was purposefully built up, and shockingly fans don't like having their time wasted. And we all know the writers were too lazy to explain his origins, it wasn't anything clever.

>Vader didn't want to actually kill his son
This part makes sense.
>was overwhelmed and forced into the defensive when he suddenly came at him
This not so much. Unless we add the lack of actual combat he experience in the later years buuut:
>Vader hasn't had a sparring partner close to his equal in years
Not clear in the movies. For all we know Snokes guards didn't do too much actual fighting either.

>Yeah because Vader was teetering on the edge of the light side.
Pretty good explanation actually. Fair enough.

Well, not sold on the age side but internal conflict does make sense.

>which is that Luke ascends to victory through gradual development, while Rey never fails at anything.
Majority of ep7 was her failing. She did fine in the MF, that one JMT and then overpowered a massively injured Kylo. Rest was here running from things, getting captured and running from things again. In 8 she had a harder time to convince Luke to train her than Luke did with Yoda, failed for temptation and only survived against Snoke because of Kylos help. And then she failed to turn him to the light side.

The throne room fight was her only success that should be unlikely given her experience but for all we know the guards didn't have too much actual combat experience either. Given how neglectful Snoke was about his own safety, it doesn't sound that off.

>Not clear in the movies.
"Now the Jedi are all but extinct..."

An echo chamber is a hell of a drug user.

>DEATH STAR 1
>DEATH STAR 2
>JEDI TEMPLE
>DARTH VADER'S DICK AND BALLS

You are a super retard ya mang

Hey, for all we know he could have some sparring sessions with good ol Palpatine.

Gods, I wish that were me...

So I am going to call my Boss 'Faggot' now, and say it means 'Dear Leader' in Esperanto.

Sheev "Lightning up my sleeve" Palpatine coming anywhere near Vader's sensitive cybernetics and circuitry? I struggle to believe it, because we saw what it did to him. Also, Palpatine is dismissive of Luke's lightsaber,indicating he's grown beyond the need to use one or simply never did
(Yes I know he dual weilds in Clone Wars, shut up)

I think the idea of sparring sessions for light sabers is silly
>Feel don't think. Reach out with your feelings
but it would sort of make sense for Imperial Guards to gain their qualifications through practice with Vader. They live they are qualified

>yfw you don't give a shit about Star Wars and just want to see how Rian will cost Disney billions.

Hey, you gotta do things you don't like to keep your apprentice fresh. And since lightning would be indeed overkill, he'd had to grab a lightsaber like some pleb.

>Hey, you gotta do things you don't like to keep your apprentice fresh.
That apprentice is alternately a pickled in Bacta or a canned sardine, he's far from fresh.

Attached: ccaff3f6579a0dd4e82902ec55171e96.jpg (474x871, 34K)

>ahh
>mah deek
wat

More reasons to see whether he still got it. Not a bad way to remind him who's the boss either. Besides, moving them old bones would benefit Palpatine too.

Fucking Internet, I wish the idiocy of famous people would have remained hidden.

something something call critics of your work phallocentric virgin manbabies

This. Makes me fucking mad too.

>bad faith

OK, I fucking died.

youtube.com/watch?v=FVzc20Bm8Xo

This.

My IQ is too high to understand this post.

ATTENTION PLEASE

Serious adult user here: I would genuinely like to hear your theory on how Disney allows the crew to talk shit online. How does someone like Rian speak so much retarded shit that will hurt the product and doesn't get banned by Disney itself?

Serious answers required, I will read with attention.

That's probably for the best. What are you doing on this site anyway? This isn't a place for smart people.

I assume Disney thinks that if people are talking about the movies, that means more people will see it.

Interesting idea. Is Disney dumb enough not to realise this isn't working?

Who's the yummy girl?

>directors of color
I'm Swiss, but am I the only one who feels like they are 50 years late? Who fucking talks like a racist faggot in denial?

The feminazi hivemind. It's a tiny portion of the public, but like all insects, they glom together to make themselves look and feel strong.

Except isn't Empire Strikes Back considered the best actual movie of the OG SW movies?

He's still seething? Jesus Christ man let it go. You made one bad movie (and made a ridiculous amount of money off it) wow big dead

No. Retards have sold even bigger corporate retards that 'all publicity is good publicity'

who is kylo ren's mom?

>No. Retards have sold even bigger corporate retards that 'all publicity is good publicity'
But surely Disney is reconsidering its very existence now that they can't generate 4 billion units with the SW franchise.

Hopefully Disney just fucking sells it, I'm (personally) absolutely appalled with the way they handled the franchise with their new movies

At first, I thought, "It's gonna suck but at least I'll get to see some Star Wars," then they literally managed to kill my desire to see Star Wars.

I did not expect that. I was... subverted.

I ain't clicking that shit.

Attached: yikes.jpg (981x551, 53K)

You seem like the seething one actually, or just an NPC.

> it just made zero sense in the context of Star Wars lore or canon.
No, it makes perfect sense, and it's not even the first time something like this has happened.

In TCW, Anakin hacks into the navicomputer of the Malevolence, an experimental Separatist superweapon(ship with a giant EMP-producing gun that fires a big electrical ring at ships and then bombards them with turbolaser fire) and causes it to jump to hyperspace right into a nearby moon

obviously, the effect is not nearly the same since the Malevolence is several magnitudes smaller than said moon and the moon is many times thicker than the Supremacy was.

Attached: Destroy Malevolence.webm (1280x544, 2.88M)

Alderaan had a gun in its waistband

This, plus Palpatine actually served his purpose; there needed to be a physical manifestation of the dark side for Vader to rebel against in order to find his redemption. What the fuck was Snoke besides a pointless boogeyman who died like a bitch to no major plot point or revelation? Especially when, unlike with Palpatine, ep. 7 and 8 made kind of a big deal out of Snoke and forced the viewer to question who he was and what kind of power he had.

>ghostwritten
what's that

This. Moreover, the empire was a real thing and we could guess how it worked, and everything about it made the Emperor meaningful. Discovering him was a thrill.

They don't build anything right in the Nu Wars. I can't care for anything or be curious about anything. It's like fanfiction: it uses what already exists and adds nothing. I fucking hate it.

>killing a central character in act ii is identical to killing him in act iii
wut?

>central character
It's a plot role which can be taken over by another character. Shame they didn't went with Kylo himself.

Written by someone else who does not get credited for it.

In French, they unironically call that a "nigger", and some people sometimes get confused and think the person who used the term is racist.

not necessary. the opening crawl of the a new hope establishes that there are rebels, the empire, and that they are at war. an empire has an emperor. finished.

darth vader is established to be the personal bulldog of the emperor. would it make sense for vader to be the bitch of just any person who happened to be the emperor? no. he would just kill the emperor (as is normal in his sith religion) and usurp power for himself. therefore, it makes sense to make the emperor a more powerful force user than darth vader.

doing this makes sense for other reasons - such a person would be well within his ability to attain such power, such a person would desire such power, and such a person would want to keep such power and his position at the head of a galactic empire.

'how' exactly he got there doesn't really matter because there is nothing preventing him from doing it.

in snoke's case, we have some issues. by the time ROTJ ended, luke was the only (semi) jedi in the entire galaxy. adult officers in the empire mocked vader and said he followed an 'ancient religion'. an adult han solo had no belief in the force at all. there were no sith remaining. almost all force users had been rendered extinct.

then suddenly, snoke rises from nowhere with no training and is incredibly powerful despite the fact that the empire wiped out almost all force users everywhere and the emperor/vader would have felt snoke's power and convinced him to either turn or kill him. he comes from nowhere and is a glib facsimile of the emperor. within the context of the story, snoke existing makes absolutely no sense.

>here's a bunch of build up
>nvm

>shamelessly admitting he basically copied ESB and ROTJ but just sprinkled subversion throughout it

Guten Abig und Grüezi miteinand.

>. an empire has an emperor.
While I like you, I'm not so sure. I don't think the British Empire had an emperor.

You obviously haven't watched both Return of the Jedi and the Last Jedi if you can't tell the difference between Palp and Snoke.

Not when it first came out. Normies weren't accustomed to it basically being a two-parter full of set-ups to be resolved in ROTJ.

Last Jedi is honestly a great looking film. The writing is garbage though. That seems to be the number one problem with anything that gets popular, the writers they hire just aren't good.

He's still identified as the Emperor when Tarkin barges into that chair meeting. Also, the Queen was Empress of India, for example. So yeah. Emperors come with empires.

I... unfortunately don't speak German because I refused to learn it in school. But Gruëzi, fellow Swisser.