The return of the old Star Wars EU canon as an alternate timeline when?

The return of the old Star Wars EU canon as an alternate timeline when?

Attached: battoru.jpg (542x675, 110K)

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@Oozer3993/george-lucas-episode-vii-c272563cc3ba
twitter.com/PhilSzostak/status/943965533623304194
youtu.be/Xtew2vgsKXE
youtu.be/xgBpoiC8qGA
youtu.be/yepMuMoAKpA
youtube.com/watch?v=diO3HRGWbZI
youtu.be/__gLIyeQYDU
starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Snap_and_Karé's_wedding
starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Join_the_Resistance
starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Chewie_and_the_Porgs
starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Join_the_Resistance:_Escape_from_Vodran
youtube.com/watch?v=bWXazVhlyxQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=82Odwy_dvQg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Too late.
Let them let it stay dead so they don't ruin it like everything else.

>tfw no Vestara gf to slowly win over with my light side cock

They already use so much of the EU now that it may as well be canon. TOR is also getting an expansion, and that shit is basically alternate universe since it's not canon. So right now, I guess.

>when will disney ruin the remaining good things in star wars??
hopefully never

>They already use so much of the EU
I believe the word you meant was "rape".
They steal concepts & then re-execute them in a far shittier manner than one would think possible.

when was it ever canon? never. when will it ever be canon? never

Yep. That's Disney's Star Wars for ya.

Hell, they had a blueprint for a perfectly acceptable, likable, non-mary-sue female protag in Jaina, look how badly they fucked executing that up.

>when was it ever canon?
It was considered canon until George decided he wanted to play in a particular time frame, then it wasn't canon anymore.

name one disney mandated thing in star wars

Just let it rest, user. Maybe in time someone will come along who knows how to take care of Star Wars, but for now the best thing would be for it to be forgotten, if only for a time.

Yeah we'd miss out on such epic plotlines as Darth Caedus, who is almost exactly like Darth Vader in every single way except he's somehow even more retarded

Honestly is the single best argument against it returning. The others are the most autistic shit I've ever seen. Speaking of which...
You are factually wrong. The company always considered it canon, and the fact that they had to say it's no longer canon proves that it was once canon.
Still not the same as the old timeline. Thrawn is not the same as he was in the EU, and the old scale timeline is too fudged. I mean, it's canon right now that hyperspace was only invented around 1000 bby. No thanks, I'd just rather have my old timeline and character development.

The damage they've done is irrevocable. You can unfuck Luke but you can't resurrect Carrie.
I'd settle for an unfucked Luke with a dead Carrie, but they have zero intentions of ever unfucking Luke.

Just like george did constantly in the prequels and TCW

You can't shit on Caedus without acknowledging it's still far superior to the watered down version we got in Ben/Kylo.

yes and george decided to kill the post-ROTJ EU with the sequel trilogy

If you want the old stuff, just read the old books. They'll never make more of it. Old Star Wars is dead, and the current Star Wars is a husk of what it once was.
What would be cool is if a bunch of EUfags got together and started writing their own stories, but I wouldn't expect that to ever happen. Everyone seems to have given up on Star Wars.

George at least had good concepts, it was always his execution that everything got fucked up in. These fags don't even have good concepts for the vast part, even the concepts have huge plot holes.

I swear user if I pick up his novels and read them and you're proven wrong...
>Prequels
Nope, the Prequels didn't do jack to mess up the EU. It fit in just fine.
>TCW
....okay fair, but George wasn't as heavily involved as commonly believed.
They're making that one off comic that's coming out at the end of this month. TCW came back. Those are proof enough for me that it's possible.
>write stories
Oh they do, trust me. The problem is it's not official, and not everyone would count different stories as in the timeline.

Is that a fucking Pokemon floating there?

>if I pick up his novels and read them and you're proven wrong
The only real similarity Caedus had with Vader beyond bloodline is motivation; he largely turned dark to secure the existence of his baby momma & a future for sith children. And also because Lumiya manipulated the fuck out of him.

That's ship. An ancient, sentient, sith training sphere.

>newfag normalfags don’t appreciate Star Wars kino
Shocker

Attached: 0E20F01F-D570-4F5C-9A44-058E618D6E6E.jpg (1129x607, 327K)

there was film canon (along with TCW) and the films+everything else canon (with subdivisions). they scrapped the secondary canon, not the actual canon.

Attached: BDB0A990-3CA5-4080-8DBA-DF32E6BCB653.jpg (1091x565, 297K)

Sun Crusher bros

Attached: Sun_Crusher-NEGWT.jpg (600x1024, 174K)

>George at least had good concepts
TLJ Luke, Ep IX Death Star wreckage, Ep IX Palpatine, Finn/Sam, Rey/Kira, Kylo Ren (although he was essentially a ripped off Darth Talon) are George Lucas concepts

Done correctly, as not even George would have been able to (let's face reality), those are good concepts. Even though I seriously fucking doubt his arc with Luke was anything like the pussified end result even in concept.
He was also supposed to spend most of the trilogy in midichlorian world, which is terrible even in concept. George wasn't perfect, but the love for it was definitely there.

>Disney spent 4 billion
>rather than adapt existing stories that make sense like the MCU they make autistic fan fiction that sucks
>Disney nukes the EU and old republic out of existence
>any chance of there been an old republic movie now dead forever because they have destroyed the ip and fans don’t care anymore

Fuck the mouse

>franchise makes $65 billion over four decades
>one of the strongest ips in existence
>they wreck it within three films over three years
>REEEEEE at the fans because it's their fault
The incompetence is staggering.

Oh boy the lack of knowledge. Okay, so here was the Hierarchy of Canon as it was before the buyout:
G Canon: George Lucas' movies was the highest form of canon
T Canon: The Clone Wars (and maybe Clone Wars, idk) was the next level of consideration; this was introduced with The Clone Wars
C Canon: C standing for Canon, most books and comics
S Canon: Secondary canon, basically video games, cause if you really think Starkiller was as powerful in the canon as he was ingame or every decision you can make as Revan, then you don't understand how the canon works
N Canon: Not canon, only applied to Tales or Infinities.

Tell me, why would most EU works fall under Canon and then need a Non-Canon section if the EU wasn't canon? All the hierarchy meant was "take into consideration the movies before you do the rest".
>TLJ Luke
[Citation needed]
>Ep IX Death Star wreckage
If it was supposed to be on Endor, then I'm fine with it
>Ep IX Palpatine
Given that the EU has this, I'm okay with it
>Finn/Sam
He was okay
>Rey/Kira
I assume her horribleness was due to Kennedy
>Kylo Ren = Darth Talon
Caedus, not Talon, Talon was a sexy Twilek sith in service of Darth Krayt

>hyperspace was only invented around 1000 bby
Source? This would be the most retarded new Canon thing. How the Old Republic lasted for 20.000 thousand years with no hyperspace?

>EU is largely trash with a few good moments
>Disney canon is just all trash
>2003 clone wars cartoon's canon got canned in favor of shitty CGI reboot
I'd rather someone competent remake episodes I, II and III. And by remake, I mean take the core ideas, like Anakin turning into Darth Vader, rise of the empire, downfall of the jedi etc and actually put some effort into it.

They'll just say the Old Republic as it was only lasted for 1000 years since the Old Sith Wars ended and before that it was blah blah something something.

I may have fallen for misinfo, IDK. All I know is the canon info is in the Tarkin novel.
Lemme guess, Skippy the Jedi droid? Besides I don't think I asked if it was bad, I asked for it's return.

>EU is largely trash with a few good moments
Because they simply could not resist stretching every fucking novel's worth of good ideas into 3-6-9 fucking books, and stuffing the gaps with useless filler even the writers didn't give half a fuck about, knowing it was pure filler to add pages.
Shit like LOTF & FOTJ would have been perfectly fine as trilogies, not trilogies of trilogies.

You say that but I think the NJO series worked really well in part because of how many books it was. It really helped to show the epic scale of things and how this was different than anything that had happened in the EU before. And it allowed a ton of development across both sides.

>Done correctly, as not even George would have been able to (let's face reality),
Maybe if George were 1977-1980 George and not 1983-2005 George

>He was also supposed to spend most of the trilogy in midichlorian world, which is terrible even in concept. George wasn't perfect, but the love for it was definitely there.
George did not give a shit. He whined after TFA was successful and everyone liked it by not doing it his style that his complete I-IX story is ruined, but he only came up with the sequel trilogy after talking to Bob Iger in 2011. He shat out some bad ideas, got Harrison, Carrie, and Mark on board, all to maximize the price he could get. Before that he was adamant that there is no story after VI and apparently had it in his will even that there should never be another Star Wars feature film.

NJO needed to be a larger series, yeah, but even that one would've been fine as a trilogy of trilogies & been far better than the nineteen fucking novel series it ended up as. Even a dozen would've been better.

Different tastes in storytelling guys. Only a sith deals in absolutes.
>Maybe if George were 1977-1980 George and not 1983-2005 George
The prequels were fine in concept, he just executed the ideas sub-par.
>George did not give a shit
Not even going to give that retarded ass statement an actual response, just wanted you to know you failed at logic.

>Before that he was adamant that there is no story after VI and apparently had it in his will even that there should never be another Star Wars feature film
Kek, George has done nothing BUT flip flop all over the damn place about how many there would be & how much of it he had mapped out & to what degree since '77. It's far more consistent of a trait of his than the quality level of his work's output.
George ultimately knew it was his legacy & the only thing he'd be remembered for. He's been trying to fix it since TPM couldn't stand as his last film directing SW & he did the whole damn PT himself.

>Different tastes in storytelling
Yes, but that wasn't about taste at all, that was purely about making things far larger than they should have been solely for profitary purpose.

>"Oh boy the lack of knowledge"
>exactly what I said
&
>"and maybe Clone Wars, idk"
No

>Tell me, why would most EU works fall under Canon and then need a Non-Canon section if the EU wasn't canon
Because in practice they were never canon and all they did was make it official and allow actually canon material to replace those publishing avenues

twitter.com/PhilSzostak/status/943965533623304194
>Caedus, not Talon, Talon was a sexy Twilek sith in service of Darth Krayt
No, very specifically he was originally Darth Talon, not Caedus at all. You retard

Attached: [email protected] (1600x2387, 736K)

Red is truly the best twee variant. Fight me blue & greenfags.

>Because in practice they were never canon
Blatantly false. Again the company treated them as canon, and George even had high regards for them, saying that those were the stories of Luke that he wasn't destined to tell.
>No, very specifically he was originally Darth Talon, not Caedus at all.
But the Kylo we got was a carbon copy of Caedus, and not anything like Talon.
I fully agree

>Kek, George has done nothing BUT flip flop all over the damn place about how many there would be & how much of it he had mapped out & to what degree since '77. It's far more consistent of a trait of his than the quality level of his work's output. George ultimately knew it was his legacy & the only thing he'd be remembered for. He's been trying to fix it since TPM couldn't stand as his last film directing SW & he did the whole damn PT himself.
Plans for sequel movies were made before ROTJ. ROTJ was what the ultimate end of Star Wars would be, and he never considered a sequels until he could maximize his $4 billion

Gee, it's almost like that proves he was flipfloping

>more female Jedi and lore breaking nonsense
Yeah, we don't have enough of this...How about hiring competent writers and directors? Ah no, it's not on the menu, Disney only hire duickless beta directors who do as Kathy says.

>He's been trying to fix it since TPM couldn't stand as his last film directing SW & he did the whole damn PT himself
He knew he fucked up making it, because the sole one he'd directed previous was ANH. He tarnished his own legacy & the ego he'd gotten built up over the years by being surrounded by ILM & LF/LA kids constantly kissing his ass & dedicating their lives to his shit got puffed out of existence. He looks so fucking tired & regretful all through the makings of for AOTC & ROTS.
And then in the end he gave up on it once again & decided he was tired & done, so he sold it off, and has been rueing that day ever since.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

>But the Kylo we got was a carbon copy of Caedus, and not anything like Talon.
I said he WAS a ripped off Darth Talon in concept, as in that was the difference between concept and final character. It was "The Jedi Killer" who was a Darth Talon ripoff under the influence of a Snoke-like character responsible for killing off Luke's Jedi.

>the Kylo we got was a carbon copy of Caedus
It's not even as good as a carbon copy, at least that would smell good. They stole Caedus's silhouette & had some retarded kid crayon in all the details.

Attached: DED.jpg (1280x720, 426K)

>more female Jedi
Oh no, that's so bad? Listen bud, Rey isn't the femal Jedi from the EU. They weren't SJW heroes or mouthpieces. Hell, it's not like the EU ignored men, as the majority of Jedi were still men, and were still very masculine. The EU avoided the trap of gender radicalization.
>lore breaking nonsense
In what way did the EU break lore? The EU actually created a good lot of the lore seen in the "Canon" Star Wars today.
kek

my boy revan and kyle katarn ;__; its sad bros

You said he did "nothing BUT flip flop all over the damn place about how many there would be"

He flipped once on this issue since 1983, when selling the company

Name a better villian than Nihilus

There is no legitimate reason for having female Jedi and the sequels absolutely ruined it as we clearly see through their agenda. I want classic Star Wars just like the OT and Prequels, why can't we get just that? Women don't care about SW and never will, their desperate and repeated attempts are capturing the fembux is doomed, why can't these jews understand this, why are they so greedy?

I can’t, I’m sorry

Attached: 5A3C2811-3501-4B2A-959C-9A2E8B9C5A94.jpg (600x480, 124K)

Also the reason there are many prominent female characters in the EU is because women are more interested in books than moving images and that makes sense. But turning the movies into something for women is a huge mistake Disney will regret dearly.

>Oh no, that's so bad? Listen bud, Rey isn't the femal Jedi from the EU. They weren't SJW heroes or mouthpieces. Hell, it's not like the EU ignored men, as the majority of Jedi were still men, and were still very masculine. The EU avoided the trap of gender radicalization.
Remind me what decade we live in again? Oh the decade of gender radicalization, especially in San Francisco where Lucasfilm is? Fucking crazy that Star Wars would be affected by that, must be Disney's fault

i liked both Nihilus and Sion

Sorry, should have specified I was OP, not the guy you were arguing. So no, I don't think he was doing nothing but that, but it seems to me he was doing a lot of it.
>There is no legitimate reason for having female Jedi
There's no legitimate reason for NOT having female Jedi either.
>I want classic Star Wars just like the OT and Prequels
>Prequels
Wait what the fuck? The Prequels had female Jedi you tard. Shaak Ti? Aayla Secura (an EU original may I add)? Luminara Unduli? Bariss Offee?
>Remind me what decade we live in again? Oh the decade of gender radicalization, especially in San Francisco where Lucasfilm is? Fucking crazy that Star Wars would be affected by that, must be Disney's fault
What does that have to do with the EU? The EU didn't have gender radicalization, so what's your point?

>Remind me what decade we live in again? Oh the decade of gender radicalization, especially in San Francisco where Lucasfilm is? Fucking crazy that Star Wars would be affected by that, must be Disney's fault
There was no such BS before Disney took over. Are you trying to pin this shit on George?

>There is no legitimate reason for having female Jedi
>female jedi planned since Luke's sister was supposed to be off training offscreen in ESB

>classic Star Wars just like the OT and Prequels
>classic Star wars just like the Prequels

Women make up, I don't exactly, like 1/3 of the fanbase.

It's probably because the writers of those novels didn't live near LF and their works served a couple purposes- expand the lore of the universe and build on top of the character arcs. There were interesting male and female Jedi that had strengths and flaws, and Luke did what he could to help them overcome those flaws.

>There's no legitimate reason for NOT having female Jedi either.
Actually there is. The default hero is a male hero, if you make it female you need to have something spefici to her feminityu adding to the story. But if you make it female and she's just like a male but stronger and can do no harm and girl power then it's just a manipulative gimmick meant to get women interested in a genre they generally avoid like plague. Why would I endorse this shit? i don't.

>Wait what the fuck? The Prequels had female Jedi you tard. Shaak Ti? Aayla Secura (an EU original may I add)? Luminara Unduli? Bariss Offee?
I don't mean we need zero female Jedi, just not the main characters. It doesn't make any sense that the strongest Jedi would be women, it's just a feminist power fantasy.

You cannot fucking read. You even quoted me. I pinned it on cultural shifts, especially concentrated in San Francisco, where Lucasfilm is.

>What does that have to do with the EU? The EU didn't have gender radicalization, so what's your point?
>EU: 90s/00s
>Now: 2010s
You're so stupid it fucking hurts

>Women make up, I don't exactly, like 1/3 of the fanbase.
Pretty sure it's less but it doesn't matter. These female fans like SW for what it is, they don't want it to be different. It's the feminist execs at Disney who want to change it to make it appealing to a larger female audience who aren't fans of the older films. They want the "it's her turn" audience.

Blame George he came up with it

>You cannot fucking read. You even quoted me. I pinned it on cultural shifts, especially concentrated in San Francisco, where Lucasfilm is.
Lucasfilm didn't move, it was already in SF when george cerated it, what's your point?

>The Executor nealy bankrupted the Empire. Yes, the same Empire that built two Death Stars. Also, here's a superweapon lel.
Did Kevin J. Anderson choke on a dick and get oxygen deprivation or what

Attached: 1537787908220.jpg (326x294, 12K)

Which feminist Disney execs, and what mandates have they given to Lucasfilm?

George came up with sequel trilogy protagonist Jedi being a girl

>Blame George he came up with it
No he didn't you shill. The shit we're getting is made by Kathleen kennedy, JJ abrams and Kasdan. They threw George stories into the trash and Mark Hamill said they were largely different from what we got.

Kreia

>Which feminist Disney execs, and what mandates have they given to Lucasfilm?
Ever heard of Kathleen Kennedy? been living under a rock? She made sure more than 50% of Lucasfilm exec be female, she created a story group made 100% feùmale and admitted it radically changes their stories.

>George came up with sequel trilogy protagonist Jedi being a girl
No he didn't, that little artwork is meaningless and most of it have been drawn when he quit. Nobody really knows what the stroy was but it certainly not Rey's story, probably centered on Luke himself

>It doesn't make any sense that the strongest Jedi would be women
It makes far more sense for a woman to be the most powerful Jedi than it does for her to rule all of mixed gender MMA. It's the fucking Force, if Yoda can be epic OP powermasta there's no reason someone with a cunt is suddenly illogical.

Yes, exactly. Lucasfilm is in the most concentrated point of SJW culture on planet earth and their new SW content has been released in the decade of the SJW. The point is that it was entirely natural and expected for Star Wars to become SJW when it did

The EU avoided SJW themes by accident of not being managed by Lucasfilm very tightly and not having debuted in the 2010s

Why the fuck do people want this adapted? They already know everything that happens in it, what's the fucking point of making movies out of it?

Anyone not getting trained & then BTFOing a near Sith in a lightsaber battle after just recently discovering they were even a thing is straight bullshit though, and that I agree with.
At least Jaina got fucking trained since being essentially a toddler.

No it doesn't when Jedi are knights who make lightsaber duel. That would work if they were just peaceful monks but that's not the case. And I'm sick of these stronk womyn left and right, they can do no wrong, they're always right and never get beaten or challenged. This is terrible.

Wrong, faggot

You said Disney execs you little shit, not Lucasfilm. Kathleen was hired by George

The Story Group is not the brain trust, and Leland Chee, Pablo Hidalgo, and Matt Martin aren't women.

You're so fucking wrong about everything just stop and fuck off you useless waste of air

Attached: 1_6TFY9B_8p-0fGgaH-Kt-dA.jpg (800x1155, 163K)

No, you make no sense, it's like saying everyone in Texas is a gun loving racist bigot without any nuance just because he's a texan. Now the evoluation of Star wars is completely unnatural, it happened exactly when George sold it to Disney and lost creative control. All of what is happening is entirely on Disney.

What one off comic?

>Emotionally fucked up from killing Han
>Shot by Chewie's big fucking gun
>Not trying to kill her
>She clearly has extreme talent
vs
>The first Sith Lord in a millennia ready for his revenge, cut in half by a padawan in his second saber duel

Literally no difference

>That would work if they were just peaceful monks but that's not the case
Duels at least in the PT were virtually all acrobatics & gymnastics & shiiiiiiiiet. Far less physical strength involved as a factor & the force can amplify & support that. Still not illogical.
>I'm sick of these stronk womyn left and right, they can do no wrong, they're always right and never get beaten or challenged. This is terrible
Here we completely agree, but that's separate from whether or not it's even realistic for a female at all. I can buy Mara Jade beating the living fuck out of Caedus & needing to get poisoned out, I can buy Jaina beating him at the cost of getting disemboweled herself & nearly killed after both training for decades.
Rey's shit I don't & can't buy.

Again, I ask. Who at Disney? Can you name them, and what their mandates are?

Or is it just Kathleen Kennedy (hired by George Lucas,) and the other SJW senior employees at Lucasfilm hired by George?

>medium
Nice source faggot. But at least it mentions that the 16th january 2013 was the last meeting with George. We don't know if any of these artwork were ordered by him or Rick Carter. What is sure is that Disney banned J W Rinzler's book that was documenting the making of TFA. They have a lot of things to hide and want to control the narrative.

>The Story Group is not the brain trust, and Leland Chee, Pablo Hidalgo, and Matt Martin aren't women.
Yeah they aren't women but KK hired Krir Hart and asked her to assemble a 100% female story group which she did. They made up their mind for some reason and ler the male veteran be added to the group. But it still happened and that's just tells a lot about how they are ruining this company

>You're so fucking wrong about everything just stop and fuck off you useless waste of air
triggered much?

Attached: femcunt.jpg (660x495, 93K)

>Again, I ask. Who at Disney? Can you name them, and what their mandates are? Or is it just Kathleen Kennedy (hired by George Lucas,)
It's Kathleen Kenendy, I believe she managed to sell the idea that she could make women watch SW to Bob Iger, Alan Horn, Alan Bergman. She's gonna make them a lot of shekels and they gave her free reign and she ruined SW in no time. It's true George picked her because his wife told him to give KK a chance, that damn fem solidarity. He got manipulated by a person he didn't really know, she's from the Spielberg's clan. she never worked for Lucasfilm.

>Not trying to kill her
[citation needed]
>She clearly has extreme talent
Again, just having recently discovered lightsabers vs at least 2 decades most likely of training. No real comparison.
>The first Sith Lord in a millennia ready for his revenge, cut in half by a padawan in his second saber duel
A padawan who's again been trained for well over a decade, since a small child, by a Master.
That kind of shit is not just some shit you can pick up or the Force will guide you towards to mastery after recently discovering your ability to even use it.

Attached: 1550716291682.jpg (1054x1300, 133K)

And in the interest of fairness, they did the same exact kind of shit with Anakin flying the damn fighter in a battle at the end of TPM & it pissed me off just as much, was just as terribly unrealistic.

At least we were shown that the ship was on autopilot, that's how it returned to base and Anakin didn't manage to lanhd without crashing and all he did was shooting the canon.

I love how jealous & hateful towards Visas the handmaiden is. You get too close to her the bitch just leaves.

Attached: 0215874354.jpg (670x365, 30K)

>[citation needed]
youtu.be/Xtew2vgsKXE

Try watching the movies you think you know anything about

>A padawan who's again been trained for well over a decade, since a small child, by a Master.
Wish that helped Qui-Gon Jinn, an actual master. Or those other masters and trained by masters killed by battle droids at geonosis, or killed by clones in order 66.

Luke had zero training ever and was able to block 3 blaster shots in a row by using the force, and blew up the death star with the force, etc etc. We never see him do any lightsaber training between that ANH scene in the falcon and him in ROTJ

Why have professional pilots, and soldiers, and Jedi etc when you can just put a puny naboo fighter on autopilot & defeat "the battle-hardened Federation Army"

Point. BTFO me.
However
>remember every detail of this thing you only watched like 3-4 times years ago because it pisses you off
I don't have that little of a life.

>Luke had zero training ever
Such incredible bullshit.
>Try watching the movies you think you know anything about
Luke had way more actual training than Rey was shown to.

Attached: 0651451546054.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

Yeah I'm not happy with this plot device but that doesn't make Anakin a mary Sue because all of this is mostly accidental. Now compare it with Rey taking over the Falcon on her own and doing insane acrobatics han and Chewie only made in their dreams and then being able to fix the ship in no time leaving Han dumbfounded.
All this from a girl who lives alone in the desert since the age of 6 or so!

>blew up the death star with the force
>while having a dead master instruct him in his head like he was a babby

One problem is JJ refused to do any of this by putting Luke off until TLJ. And also by making his a totally-not-even-soft-reboot of ANH. So then how do you show too much of her training without it becoming a totally-not-even-soft-reboot of ESB?
I still question whether Rian would've ultimately done as bad if he wasn't constrained by working inside JJ's mystery box full of mystery boxes. Rian's a cunt but he wasn't completely terrible like that before.

He had lightsaber training before Obi-Wan?

No, but he doesn't get into a fucking duel in ANH, and even then not until after he trained with Yoda.

I never said he did. But he's able to use a lightsaber in the falcon with zero experience, just trusting the force.

>Good against remotes is one thing, kid.
>Good against the living, that's another.

I don't want to make a new thread, so I'm going to ask here:
I'm a newfag that just recently watched all the SW movies, what are the worthwhile comics/games/cartoons that I should read/play/watch?

The arc of star wars:

-The Force creates Anakin to destroy Sidious
-Sidious manipulates the chessboard so Anakin falls in love with Padme
-Because of this Anakin is able to be turned to the Dark Side
-It backfires when Anakin's son, the result of that love is able to return him to who he was supposed to be
-The Force is balanced for a time, but now there's a new imbalance. The Chosen One power has been passed to Anakin's children and grandchildren, resulting in Kylo Ren who has the potential and the will to surpass Vader and become what Sidious dreamed of
-The Force chooses Rey to destroy Kylo Ren after Luke closed himself off from the force, to end the Sidious legacy for good

Knights of the Old Republic 1
KotOR 2 if you're willing to play a half finished game and requires a patch

The living being a terribly distraught, distracted, wounded man purposefully going easy on her. Lmao

>-The Force creates Anakin to destroy Sidious
Plaegius created Anakin.
I still think it was a huge mistake to try to tie the prophecy up with Sheev & ROTJ. Made far more sense to have it be balancing the force between Jedi & Sith so fulfilled by ROTS. This whole "the dark side isn't really inherent in the force" is retarded.

Tell us what you think.

SW The Clone Wars & SW Rebels. And The Mandalorian when that comes out

For games, KOTOR and KOTOR 2

You are assigning WAY too much sapience to "the will of the force".

>Plaegius created Anakin.
That's headcanon
youtu.be/xgBpoiC8qGA

>And The Mandalorian when that comes out
TBD

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise? I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.

>Disney wants "Strong women"
>brings back Thrawn
>doesn't bring back Mara Jade
Explain this

Attached: MaraJadeSkywalker.jpg (1024x960, 278K)

George's version is headcanon. Yidsney's version is headcanon. This is all fucking headcanon.
The "Official" canon sucks a rotten prolapsed ass & I won't bother wasting time arguing about it.

Luke in TFA alone was meant to be searching for Jedi artifacts or similar. At minimum, he's extremely active.

>There’s this world of creatures that operate differently than we do. I call them the Whills. And the Whills are the ones who actually control the universe. They feed off the Force.”
>Lucas regarded individuals as “vehicles for the Whills to travel around in…And the conduit is the midi-chlorians. The midi-chlorians are the ones that communicate with the Whills. The Whills, in a general sense, they are the Force.”

I kinda like the canon. The movies suck but the books have done a pretty good job salvaging the sequel trilogy era

Attached: sw_resistance_reborn_del_rey18.jpg (900x1368, 386K)

Attached: Kreia.jpg (576x768, 94K)

>"It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it."
Is she describing the state of the franchise & Disney execs?

Attached: Kreiareturnstomalacho.jpg (747x529, 31K)

>Kylo Ren (although he was essentially a ripped off Darth Talon)
Wrong. Lucas' idea was to have a Talon-like sith seduce Han and Leia's son to the dark side. So basically instead of Snoke there would have been a sexy Twilek.

Mara is an extremely attractive woman and thats a problem in Nu Wars

Fuck the EU. I read all the books and that shit was my childhood and my adulthood. But fuck the EU. Darth Caedus was the dumbest, gayest thing ever. The Mandalorians suddenly being super Jedi Killers was fucking stupid.

She's describing something too big brained for either.

>kylo
The fuck you talking about? He is literally Jacen Solo

I have no doubt they'll bring her back when they start filling in Luke's story between episodes 6 and 7.

Because Mara supports Luke, and the deconstruction of Luke seems paramount for some fucking odd ass reason nobody there ever speaks on.
I'm convinced the backstory for Snoke's deformations is supposed to be Luke fucked him up & that's why it was never mentioned. Luke kills himself performing a weaker version of the Force trick Snoke does twice in the same film with 2 people realistically enough to transfer rain over to Kylo & Luke can't even make salt move with his, but fucking exhausts himself to death with it.
Mark Hamill still lives & would love to do fucking more Luke, and is an accomplished voice actor, and most of the fanbase (myself included) is ragingly asspained about Luke getting raped & then essentially wiped, but they get Oscar fucking Issac for their new show, yet leave Mark on the shelf in what are probably the last years of his life. After bitching & crowing so much about all their plans for Carrie. This shit altogether makes zero fucking sense & is either purposeful, or the stupidest fucking series of accidents in cinema history.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

No because Caedus took a beloved character and destroyed him by making him totally retarded and do a 180 on all his beliefs. Not to mention ruining the new understanding of the Force that was built up across the entire New Jedi Order saga LOL ITS JUST THE DARKSIDE AGAIN SIKE. Nobody liked Ben/Kylo in the first place so nothing of value was lost.

Don't insult Jacen like that. Kylo as a shadow of Jacen is still the best nuwars character because of it, but still a shadow.

>when they start filling in Luke's story between episodes 6 and 7
As if.

His while motivation for going into hiding would make mich more sense if he had a loved one (not necessarily Mara, but a wife or child) who was killed because of his failure to train Ben properly.

i want my darth talon softcore porn masquerading as a sci fi movie already

Please no. They already ruined Thrawn. Leave the rest of the EU alone.

I see no reason why Disney would let that money sit on the table. It'll be shit, but they'll do it eventually.

And beyond that, Luke FUCKS UP AND TURNS HIS NEPHEW INTO A WANNABE SITH LORD, yet his response to it is "I'll just go die on Kaczinsky island & let this problem I created run roughshod on all the muggles until someone happens to solve it for themselves".
Bullshit.

Also,
>the jedi MUST end
>but lets keep the sacred texts lol
TLJ Luke makes no sense

I think it's totally possible to reconcile the two different origin stories for Anakin. Plagueis creates Anakin & The Force chooses him as a cheeky move

Going easy? You may as well say that Anakin went easy on Dooku because he didn’t want to kill him, only to disarm. Also
>wound
Which had zero affect on him whatsoever.

I loved the EU but lets not get all misty eyed behind our rose tinted glasses. There was a lot of shit in the EU as well.

>Mandalorians are suddenly god tier
>The Force is gray, actually nope Vergere is just a Sith Lord lol
>Darth Caedus
>Teneiel Djo being killed by poison
>Jaina Solo being shipped with literally everyone in sight, before finally settling for the most boring character ever
>Gary Stu Kyp Durron
>DARKSABER THE FUCKING HUTTS BUILD A DEATH STAR AND LEGENDARY GENERAL CRIX MADINE GOES IN WITH LIKE TWO PEOPLE TO STOP IT AND DIES FUCK THIS
>The Dark Nest Trilogy what the fuck was that?

>what is being conflicted
Not everyone is autistic with entirely black and white views and thought processes

>every single post is over a paragraph
Uh, guys?

Attached: BDDC703B-CC2B-41D8-A016-C269CE7CC6AA.jpg (558x614, 18K)

>implying moral “grayness” makes any sense in TLJ

You're retarded. Why do you think Anakin only wanted to disarm Dooku? That was simply an opportunity in the moment that was taken. Ben was under explicit orders to bring Rey to Snoke
>Which had zero affect on him whatsoever.
Clearly not

>Gary Stu Kyp Durron
Exar Kun was the Gary Stu in that one, then got BTFO by all the trainees. EU definitely has its problems, but the overall is far better & tighter than what it was replaced with.
>Jaina Solo being shipped with literally everyone in sight, before finally settling for the most boring character ever
>The Dark Nest Trilogy what the fuck was that?
Jaina x Kyp was the most natural one IMO. Dark Nest was an excuse for them to introduce some love triangle shit with her, Jag, & Zekk or whatever the fuck his name was.
Although I was always amused by the Alema Rar stuff, despite her headthought shit being annoying as fuck to read through at times.

Thats the point though. Disney couldve followed the MCU route and adapted the good stuff (Thrawn Trilogy, Kyle Katarn, KOTOR, etc) while ignoring the bad shit (Kyp Durron, Vong, NJO)

Which doesn’t mean he can’t harm her, he can make a few scratches on her and she won’t be going anywhere, kinda like Dooku did with Obi Wan in AotC?
>Clearly not
Can you show me one moment where it played any role? Also, Rey just several minutes earlier was thrown into a tree and lost her consciousness. They were on equal ground atm.

What a hyperoverexaggeration, deep throat your car's tailpipe.

>Nope, the Prequels didn't do jack to mess up the EU. It fit in just fine.
AHAHAHA this is what zoomers actually believe.

the cinematics from SWTOR are a better star wars movie than the disney releases

I didn't say anything about moral grayness. I said he was conflicted. He mostly felt like the Jedi should end intellectually but it's been his life and he emotionally couldn't bring himself to do it
Damn just like Yoda and Obi-Wan went into exile for over 3x as long after the same thing. Crazy

>I didn't say anything about moral grayness. I said he was conflicted. He mostly felt like the Jedi should end intellectually but it's been his life and he emotionally couldn't bring himself to do it
So Luke was a child murdering coward, then.
>Damn just like Yoda and Obi-Wan went into exile for over 3x as long after the same thing. Crazy
Nice strawman, but the context is completely different.

While the EU had some good stuff there was ALOT of stupid shit that had no business being in Star Wars. Ex: Raven and his retard brainwashings and 2 two force ghosts.

Look I'm gonna make up things that sound like they came out the Old EU:

Jedi Grand Master: THX Veerus was a Jedi the fought in the Great Sith Wars. And was extremely powerful in the force. He was capable of Using the force to pull and entire fleet of ships out of hyperspace.

Darth Draco: Was a Sith Lord in the Old Republic. After the fall of the last Empire He created a new Order The Shadow Hunters. And where known in the sith wars as Sith Knights. During a ten year long war on the planet Vampira, Draco had become tired of the fighting and fleed to his starship. And from orbit, he used all his power to grab the entire planet and tose it into the systems sun, ending the war.

Never.

Attached: 29329453c902bfafa2e8726341a4df5a._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg (1280x1968, 568K)

Even before he was Exar Kun's bitchboy he's introduced as having more raw power than the Legendary Luke Skywalker. He gets a free pass on everything he does and crosses back and forth between the light and dark a hundred times over. I'm not just talking about the Sun Crusher time, but his prominent role in the NJO during which he gets a gross number of people killed (literally 144 because Kyp's Dozen gets wiped out every fucking battle) and is somehow put into the Master and Mentor role of Jaina despite the fact that his actions and words don't display any maturity. Also Alema Rar's WILL SHE GO DARK OR NOT fence sitting was just as annoying as Kyp's.

The Vong and NJO on a whole I enjoyed. It was different but it still felt like Star Wars. It was better than ANOTHER SITH LORD HAS ARISEN and had long lasting consequences for the universe at large. It felt like an actual war. Nom Anor is also imo the best character to come out of the entire EU.

>Which doesn’t mean he can’t harm her, he can make a few scratches on her and she won’t be going anywhere, kinda like Dooku did with Obi Wan in AotC?
It means he's going easy on her and not going for the kill
>Can you show me one moment where it played any role?
When he lost
>Also, Rey just several minutes earlier was thrown into a tree and lost her consciousness. They were on equal ground atm.
Being shot by a wookiee bowcaster is a lot more damage than being thrown into a tree

>I didn't say anything about moral grayness. I said he was conflicted. He mostly felt like the Jedi should end intellectually but it's been his life and he emotionally couldn't bring himself to do it
>So Luke was a child murdering coward, then.
What? What part of being conflicted on if you should retire the Jedi religion or not has anything to do with "child murdering"?

>just like Yoda and Obi-Wan went into exile for over 3x as long after the same thing. Crazy
Point. Although it makes zero sense to have him bitching about all the mistakes all of them made while making the same one himself, and this never gets addressed, nor any of that when he talks to Yoda.

>It means he's going easy on her and not going for the kill
Dooku was also going easy on Obi Wan yet it didn’t prevent him from incapacitating him.
>When he lost
He lost because Rey overpowered him, lmao.
>Being shot by a wookiee bowcaster is a lot more damage than being thrown into a tree
Kylo is a lot tougher than Rey physically, plus negative emotions give the Dark siders their strength.

Sex. You need it.

You wanted the webm?

Attached: Kao Cen Darach and Satele Shan vs Lord Vindican and Malgus.webm (1000x562, 2.96M)

I won't dispute that, although I have had it.
But the kind I require is unobtainable.

>Although it makes zero sense to have him bitching about all the mistakes all of them made while making the same one himself, and this never gets addressed, nor any of that when he talks to Yoda.
youtu.be/yepMuMoAKpA
First he brings up the failures of the Jedi before him, Rey counters that he was different, and then he tells her that he wasn't. He spends more time talking about his mistake than the others. It's all one scene. I don't know what movie you were watching

>Rey counters that he was different, and then he tells her that he wasn't
Not that guy but why isn't he different? He just states that he is.

>Dooku was also going easy on Obi Wan yet it didn’t prevent him from incapacitating him.
Says who? He was going to kill Obi-Wan if Anakin hadn't jumped in and saved him. He wasn't injured, he wasn't emotionally fucked up.
>He lost because Rey overpowered him, lmao.
And I gave you the reasons why Rey overpowered him
>Kylo is a lot tougher than Rey physically, plus negative emotions give the Dark siders their strength.
"The deed split your spirit to the bone. You were unbalanced!"

Like for real if this shit you say is true then Anakin shoulda fuckin owned Obi-Wan with all the negative emotions in him at that time, and Obi-Wan severely nerfed.

Attached: fbNE2mK.jpg (672x1864, 211K)

Attached: sdcSpyB.jpg (607x1798, 417K)

Attached: 68aa2b75831fa64fcbc1e122cdcc5c64.jpg (236x566, 41K)

Because he created Kylo Ren just like the Jedi created Darth Vader

This looks like shitty fanfiction just like 7 and 8

Here's something to think about. If Luke died on the Death Star 2 it still would have blown up. It was the rebels on the ground and in space who saved the galaxy. Luke did more for the rebellion before he was a Jedi, when he destroyed the first Death Star.

All Luke's Jedi religion got him was who knows how many of his students killed by his grandson's hand. He thinks Rey should use her talents to fight without wasting time on Jedi nonsense. Luke's ability to fight himself is diminished with his years of being closed off from the force, that's why dies from using force projection at the end

I'd rather it didn't. Star Wars was fucked over plenty, I don't need the last good thing about it (Legends) get fucked over. Just let the franchise die, and allow the autists like myself to reclaim it.

That's insufficient reason given Snoke's existence.

>Says who? He was going to kill Obi-Wan if Anakin hadn't jumped in and saved him. He wasn't injured, he wasn't emotionally fucked up.
Lmao, did you even watch the scene? He even said that Obi Wan disappointed him, and smiled before fucking him up, he wanted to kill him but he didn’t go all out.
>And I gave you the reasons why Rey overpowered him
You haven’t provided a scene where Kylo’s injury would somehow affect his movement in any sort.
>The deed split your spirit to the bone. You were unbalanced
Anakin was also in an emotional clusterfuck when he fought Obi Wan, your point?
>Like for real if this shit you say is true then Anakin shoulda fuckin owned Obi-Wan with all the negative emotions in him at that time, and Obi-Wan severely nerfed.
It was literally said that the sith rely on their passion and emotions, Kylo killing Han would only strengthen his connection with the force if Rian wasn’t a retard.
For fucks sake Kylo should have destroyed Rey without even having a single limb.

>the last good thing about it (Legends)
>autists like myself
every time

When the Jedi fell, they spent years in hinding, looking for an opportunity to get back and sprung into action when the opportunity came. Obi-wan and Yoda were more or less wanted war criminals yet they did that. Luke was a celebrated hero of the New Republic which was the dominant power of the galaxy for all but the last few days of his personal exile yet he did moped much harder than they did. Luke's by all means inferior to his teachers.

Only if you kill off every prominent male character and replace them with stronk wahmen

Attached: STRONK.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

>You haven’t provided a scene where Kylo’s injury would somehow affect his movement in any sort.
Not that guy but he can't. Really. The entire scene was choreographed as though Kylo Ren had no chest wound. All those spins he did show no signs of struggle.

>Lmao, did you even watch the scene? He even said that Obi Wan disappointed him, and smiled before fucking him up, he wanted to kill him but he didn’t go all out.
yeah because he didn't need to go all out, he was that much more powerful than obi-wan. but he wasn't trying to take obi-wan alive, he was trying to kill him. kylo was not trying to kill rey

>Anakin was also in an emotional clusterfuck when he fought Obi Wan, your point?
>It was literally said that the sith rely on their passion and emotions, Kylo killing Han would only strengthen his connection with the force if Rian wasn’t a retard.
anakin lost and got his limbs cut off. the point is that being an emotional clusterfuck does not help you, even if on the dark side.

If Killing the EU meant losing the good to get rid of the garbage.

>anakin lost and got his limbs cut off. the point is that being an emotional clusterfuck does not help you, even if on the dark side.
Not that guy but it does. Anger, hate, fear, that's the dark side. The issue is, Anakin was overconfident and tried a trick Obiwan flat out told him not to. Obiwan knew what Anakin was thinking of doing from a mile away and countered it.

>all of star wars could have been prevented if anakin just decided to hop onto the ground in front of him and continue fighting instead of thinking he could jump an extra few feet

Attached: th85olhqucg01.jpg (418x420, 24K)

>if anakin just decided to hop onto the ground in front of him
Obi-wan could just move a few steps closer. Besides, depending on how far back Anakin jumps, he'd be at the risk of getting to close to lava.

>TOR is also getting an expansion,
I thought that shit was in maintenance mode.

I miss them

Attached: AdmiralAlienAndCaptainMustache.jpg (625x850, 774K)

His speech was great.
youtube.com/watch?v=diO3HRGWbZI

>pellaeon got killed by space whales in Star Wars Rebels

Attached: 1504147217507.png (499x499, 195K)

youtu.be/__gLIyeQYDU
Thread theme

Attached: 1471961146113.jpg (1696x1462, 705K)

I didn't even like Leia in the ot. What's the big deal about this bitch?

Attached: han-solo-shrug.jpg (1058x704, 56K)

The gang will never get back together again.

Attached: Missed opportunities.jpg (809x730, 85K)

Where the fuck is chewy?

28 sec more epic than every 3 hour star wars movie.....

No dogs in cockpit

He ded n8gga lamo

Is he Snoke?

Attached: Valkorion.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

Darth Revan movie when?

The Mouse would ruin it

Yeah alright, guess I'm reinstalling KotOR2 for the tenth time or so, thanks Yea Forums

Attached: kreia.jpg (1080x495, 140K)

>jacen
>beloved

Attached: trooper.jpg (480x360, 14K)

Overly choreographed garbage just like the prequels. The same type of people who like these sword duels are the same mouthbreathers who enjoy shonen anime , like DBZ

where is that from?

Tfw no movie

>Overly choreographed garbage just like the prequels.
What did he mean by this?

Attached: xwingrey.jpg (1077x1044, 642K)

thats fucking stupid and literally wouldnt work. like the scene in episode 2 when they took a while to cut through the blast doors inside the enemy ship.

Ryan Church was in charge in art direction in Ep 2 and Ep 3 btw

thats fine, its still stupid and wouldnt work.

ha ha what the fuck

This makes me irrationally angry.

This.

Like, it could work if you wanna cut a small hole in order to make an opening to vunerable parts, like say luke does to the at-at. But this is stupid.

It's hope this happens in Disney Wars soon so we can make fun of it.

>I loved the EU but lets not get all misty eyed behind our rose tinted glasses. There was a lot of shit in the EU as well.

true, sure, out of the 100+ books, we got some real shitters, and some bad themes/ideas taken too far BUT at least SOME of the EU was awesome and MOST of it was acceptable. versus nu wars = ALL SHIT and all nu wars nu-EU = total shit, literally full of fart jokes and herikly jerikly tie fighter flying.

sure dark nest was absolute trash, but we got Jedi Academy trilogy, the X-Wing series, and basically anything by Kevin J Anderson or Michael Stackpole were pretty good. People like Zahn a lot, but I feel hes merely 'okay', but even still, he blows all nu-wars-eu out of the water. Even Karen Traviss and her Mandalorian husbandfu's are better than nu-wars-eu.

most old EU books ended up on the new york times best seller whereas modern nu-wars-eu books dont even sell.

>Overly choreographed garbage just like the prequels.

i'll take 'overly choreographed' choreography that actually looks super-human versus nu-wars choreography that cant they couldnt even salvage in editting like the throne room scene in TLJ ANY FUCKING DAY.

>doesnt love a good fart joke

>>doesnt love a good fart joke

but they're not even good

Attached: nuwarsfarts.png (1524x666, 1.08M)

Always brings a smile to my face to see these old things posted.
Here, have the fourth.

Attached: Kyle's Inner Thoughts 4.jpg (672x1630, 320K)

I don't remember him being in Rebels
>Looks it up
WTF they made him some random captain voiced by Steve Bloom that just gets red shirted! Why even reference him if they are just going to do that?
> "I just wanted to mention the name so it gets in there, so it's something people can use. And sometimes that's what I can do for things that come out of Legends. I could create just another Captain with some name there or I could put someone like Pellaeon in play. And then maybe he gets picked up in comics or novels, I don't know. But I think that would be kind of fun to do, and it's a way to get that idea rolling."
―Dave Filoni on the inclusion of Pellaeon in Star Wars Rebels

WUT?!

Attached: Grand_Admiral_Pellaeon.jpg (300x429, 33K)

>WUT?!
>>pellaeon got killed by space whales in Star Wars Rebels

i considered it a mercy killing, putting Pellaeon out of reach of the horrors of nu-wars-eu writers like cuck wendig, by killing him off, filoni saved him from the jake skywalker/jacen solo treatment

the knights of the eternal throne cinematic is even more kino

Not the guy you were responding to, but giving prominent retconned characters a weak stage and then killing them is a poor solution. You just take on the responsibility of handling the characters.

Cuck Wendig is permabanned from Star Wars, so that’s good.

Nothing except the OT should be considered canon (officially).
Anyone who even makes attempts at discussing disney's soulless fanfiction as canon is retarded (unless you're doing it ironically).
Anyone who believes Lucas planned sequels from the start is a retard.
Less is more.

Attached: 1520023174356.jpg (565x653, 59K)

>Nothing except the OT should be considered canon (officially).
Shadows of the Empire

It's like poetry, they rhyme

Attached: uz5d19ileyi21.png (1920x1604, 1.37M)

PT > ST > OT

When you shoot energy through your hands....what does that do to your skin? This should be an ad for Vaseline intensive care

weak

>Cuck Wendig is permabanned from Star Wars, so that’s good.

nice, i havent touched star wars novels since disney bought the IP and never will, but i am sure they will replace him with wamens of colour who write just as bad/probably worse.

Attached: 1557179704757.jpg (629x782, 81K)

>being an npc

ST is the ultimate npc content

Being a Star Wars fan in the 2000s was peak comfy

Except for the Book of Farts, which is canon, right?

Why is Poe so big, does he play a significant role or what

Nope, can safely say the Outlander finally put this asshole to rest along with his whole family ,depending if you play light or dark side.

The book was only just announced, but he's likely the main character

It's classified as Legends actually. Most of the children's books are """canon""" but not really. It's like if you considered Chewie and the Porg Adventure canon

all the more sad that star wars is terrible and will never be good ever again

oh, thats why everyone loves it? lol try again kid. the st is kino, and the pt is turbokino. ot is geriatric boomercore

literal sheep opinion

>It's like if you considered
Well I'm sure Disney doesn't care about what any of their fans "consider"

no.

>It's classified as Legends actually.
100% incorrect.
>Canon
>Canon
starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Join_the_Resistance
>Join the Resistance is a canon junior novel written
>canon junior novel
>Most of the children's books are """canon""" but not really. It's like if you considered Chewie and the Porg Adventure canon
starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Chewie_and_the_Porgs
>Chewie and the Porgs is a canon young readers Star Wars picture book
>canon
>young readers
>picture book

The absolute STATE of Star Wars, holy fucking shit.

Attached: 1352773480699.jpg (344x372, 44K)

Why do people always need the permission of the IP holder on what to like / take as more valid. It's fictional stories, choose what you want without caring about whether the corporation validates it. It's bizarre.

ROTS > AOTC > TPM > TFA > TLJ > ROTJ > ANH > ESB

This

Second link is meant to be:
starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Join_the_Resistance:_Escape_from_Vodran
Which is, of course, canon.

>he doesnt enjoy young readers picture books
biggest npc in this thread

Oh I actually had that mixed up then. I thought they slipped the book version into legends.

1/10

Attached: 1365703743363.png (181x201, 67K)

Well Rey and Kylo are already a shitty fanfic based on Jaina and Jacen Solo aka based Darth Caedus. I wish they left it as is and dropped the Yuuzhan Vong stuff having the trilogy based on the fall of Jacen Solo which I guess would bake it prequels vol. 2 but it would be a thousand times better than the new trilogy

Nothing Disney makes is classified as Legends.

>Implying JJ or Larry Kasdan ever read that slop

>Kevin J Anderson
>good
Darksaber was absolute trash

Am I reading this right? Is this just Amazon fucking with me?

Why are all the EU books still leading the charts? Is this an all-time list, or is Disney's bullshit truly bombing this catastrophically?

Attached: star wars best sellers.jpg (2997x1228, 967K)

Because the EU endures in its timelessness while nuCanon is flavor-of-the-week disposable garbage.

>Disney's

JJ read the wookiepedia page, or one of his interns did. The similarities are too apparent.

>Why do people always need the permission of the IP holder on what to like / take as more valid. It's fictional stories, choose what you want without caring about whether the corporation validates it. It's bizarre.

its not about needing permission, its about whether other works in the IP will conflict or work together to tell one big story. when disney threw out the old EU canon and its tiers, that meant we no more stories for those characters and worlds, and only nu, inconsistent childrens book tier bullshit in the future.

most EU fans will continue to remember and consider the EU their true canon and reject the nu-garbage. and at the same time be bummed because its all over and the authors aren't allowed to continue those stories anymore.

people arent just upset that its all 'not canon' anymore, they are mostly upset because its over, its ended, and the replacement ranges from childrens tier to non existent. disney literally replaced the EU with nothing. we used to get a half dozen to a dozen new star wars books a year, now we get a couple retarded chilrens books. its dead.

Fuck that shit, Darth Caedus was gay and all of that shit was fucking trash.

>Why are all the EU books still leading the charts? Is this an all-time list, or is Disney's bullshit truly bombing this catastrophically?

because disney is retarded and threw away a gold mine with their dismissal of the EU as canon and replaced it with LITERALLY NOTHING.

The old EU was shit and easily as awful as the Disney canon. The Zahn trilogy and the lore from TotJ to KOTOR1 are the only diamonds in that pile of shit

How do you pronounce Caedus?

good. read real literature not star wars bullshit. and have sex

Disney would fucking butcher it.
This.
Based Benfag.

D&D are gonna remake Kotor as films or something. The manchildren at Lucasfilm probably have a sticky note on their timeline that says "Kotor but canon" at the start

>and have sex
youtube.com/watch?v=bWXazVhlyxQ

saa-edu, the s is silent

Disney don't do anything, certainly don't give a shit what happens in books

There were good and bad in EU, but it provided one thing that nuWars can't: steady flow of profit.

>Luke's actions didn't make sense
>Luke's actions made perfect sense and TLJ portrayal of the force is consistent within the established lore and you shit on it only because you don't understand how the force works uwu
So what's the truth? It would only make sense if we assumed KOTOR2 is canon. This guy based his whole idea of the force on KOTOR and Kreia's philosophy.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=82Odwy_dvQg

Attached: 259.jpg (400x400, 16K)

That's what I was hoping for, but having movies based on stories and games people enjoy is racist or sexist or something.

Attached: car feels.jpg (836x543, 111K)

>Captain Mustache
>not Colonel Sanders

3/10

God I love a steady flow of profit

KK seems to hate it though.

Oh well that makes sense, I didn't know the result was the termination of more non-canon books being published, I thought it was just about changing the canon status of the already published EU books.

>The old EU was shit
A lot of it, yeah. A lot of it was golden too. The thing we all expected was for them to adapt the better things.

They could've recast everyone and adapted Thrawn and Dark Empire for another six movies, but they decided to do the laziest thing possible and commoditize Star Wars, like they have with Marvel. There was so much to work with and they threw it away for nothing; they just assumed we'd all eat it up and kids would love it because it was Star Wars.

I didn't take issue with their use of the Force, I took issue with the fact that literally everything else was retarded.

I didn't even pay to see it and I want my money back.

>good. read real literature not star wars bullshit.

as i have said, i haven't read a star wars novel in over a decade. but i grew up on them. i literally learned to read while in kindergarden so i could read star wars books. i was reading at an adult level by first grade when i read the first thrawn novel. i continued reading star wars EU all through elementary and middle school and i credit it with leading me into reading history and philosophy while in high school where i eventually gave up on the EU as it stalled out. even if i dont read it now and likely wouldn't continue reading it even if disney hadn't canceled it, i would have rather they continued it, because it was fun and could lead other children into reading. instead now all kids read is low IQ barley-above-childrens-book tier trash like harry potter and twilight.

Rian watched the mortis arc and had gay sex with Pablo Hidalgo etc.

Lukes not a gray jedi in any star wars, OT or TLJ. Video discarded.

>Recast everyone
>Thrawn and dark empire
>Six movies
Jesus fucking christ no

>yfw they turned Kyle and Jan Orrs into Stringy Ethnic Man and Jyn Erso in Rogue One
>but then they killed them in the end
>so could've had a Kyle Katarn movie and didn't
>but the price would've been having him and Jan exterminated

Attached: When you stopped watching Disney SW after R1.webm (720x306, 2.68M)

>>Recast everyone
>>Thrawn and dark empire
>>Six movies
>Jesus fucking christ no

faggot reporting in!

dark empire live action would have been fucking kino compared to nu-wars.

Everything is kino compared to nu-wars to you because youre a contrarian faggot. Look what happened with Solo for how successful recasting everyone would be. All the talk of "nuwars isnt star wars" would be 10 times as loud

>Everything is kino compared to nu-wars to you because youre a contrarian faggot. Look what happened with Solo for how successful recasting everyone would be. All the talk of "nuwars isnt star wars" would be 10 times as loud

um, actually, no? star wars dark empire has been the best selling/most popular/most well received star wars comic ever? not just me?

in some ways its a better 'third act' to the OT and PT than anything else, even the thrawn trilogy or jedi academy, because its focused around luke, the emperor, and leia's children.

it also captured the aesthetic of star wars on paper better than any SW comic that came before it and set the stage for every SW comic that came after and still outsells 99% of star wars comics decades after its release. shitting on dark empire is the contrarian opinion, you retard.

Attached: star-wars-dark-empire-cover-dark-horse-comics-trinity-comics-review1-1.jpg (1280x934, 276K)

So what is Luke? And did you watch the whole thing?