WTF happened?

WTF happened?

Attached: Untitled-1 copy.jpg (2480x3397, 830K)

who cares nerd

It's called global warming dipshit.

they bent the mechanics, started a fire or something, burned all the trees and tall hills down

In winter hills turn into desert.

Winter came. You can see snow on the hills in the background. Also, in earlier episodes, they said they were having problems with crops and feeding the people, which is why Highgarden was so important to King's Landing.

Winter. The south dries up, I guess.

TO THE TOWN OF AGUA FRIA RODE A STRANGER ONE FINE DAY

You guys are insufferable .
Have sex.

1. Turn your brain off
2. Have sex

You'd be a fucking moron to not clear trees back from your walls

The ground is dirt because it is right next to a gate where people and horses walk in and out all day

There are trees literally right behind drogo

can someone please explain to a brainlet why the iron throne makes you the ruler of the 7 kingdoms? and who made it?

The water they could have gotten away with, but the walls are different as well, unless they built extra fortifications at some point.

That's just some beach in Northern Ireland, kek.

that wide open plain might have been of use to stannis

>PC vs Console

Just google some fan wiki on the creation of the iron throne.

watch the fucking show dumbass

turn your brain off turd and enjoy the show!!!!!!

>Dumb and Dumber are now rushing thru the series as fast as they can because now instead of making HBO money they can suck on Disney's teat with Star Wars
What a shocker.

>E3 reveal vs release

>watch the fucking show dumbass
how exactly does that answer my question?

Base mentally ill manchild

I see that struck a nerve.

the problem isn't the lack of trees, it's the lack of enormous, high sloping hills that completely dwarf the city

Attached: parley.webm (1280x720, 3M)

Kingslanding moves around like that tower in KRULL

Looks like the same design as the mud gate we saw at Blackwater. Ground looks like what you see near the sea in warm/temperate areas. Since the Red Keep isn't in the shot and KL apparently houses a million people I'm guessing we have miles and miles of wall to choose from. Nothing is inconsistent except you expecting every shot to take place in the same exact area.

>vin diesel vs the rock.webm

turn your brain off incel

Are you retarded?

Where did all the water go? Did they use the hills to fill the coast? Why?

Attached: king-s-landing-game-of-thrones-15267-1920x1080(1).jpg (1920x1080, 379K)

what a cozy town it was.

>King's Landing then
>castle furthest out at the peninsula
>where nothing can defend it from a naval attack
wow, great city planning

>miles and miles of wall to choose from
where? fucking where in that establishing shot could "miles and miles" of unseen walls branch out from? right up the enormous hill?

Based video game playing manchild

Siege weapons a shit. Only cannons really started to wreck thick castle walls.

>projecting
wew

to be fair, they had dragons and likely no massive ballista when it was designed

look at the intro. they changed the physical location of kings landing in the newest season. it used to be touching water.

Attached: 76575648.png (1280x720, 899K)

Attached: 4568658768.png (1920x1080, 1.92M)

That's Dragonstone you idiot

Attached: 1522480589578.png (645x730, 27K)

This is Jaime in Season 7, he has that view from King`s Landing, because he is on top of one of the hills that surrounds the city.
Hills have dissapeared now, is all a plain.

Attached: james-pBnTLK.jpg (700x361, 71K)

The ballistas in GOT have the power of 22nd Century low orbital rail guns though

lol what the fuck, they were literally at the Kings Landing docks a few episodes ago

>can't even keep the most important city consistent
hacks

Maybe it’s rebuilt from when she blew everything up

When is this from? looks really good

Not kings landing you dummies

Attached: 56456465.png (918x438, 543K)

season 1 lol
worst budget someone produced the best set design

Season 7 finale, Jaime leaving KL and view from the top of a hill.
In less than a season all the hills have dissapeared, and land has reclaimed the sea.

Attached: jamesbye-BBUazQ.jpg (1000x512, 62K)

dragonstone is where dany and co washed up dummy, refer to to see its without a doubt kings landing

somehow*

The location didnt change, the river dried up

the camera pans over the city behind the walls
stop baiting retard

cersei has decided to go full on villain and started fracking and mountaintop removal around kings landing

yikes, you incels realise this is a series with ice zombies and dragons right? and you care about a teleporting city because "muh realism"? have sex

Fair point.

weird looking winter, thats for sure

Based 'le wew' redditor. I accept your capitulation, keep playing your manchildren garbage. Come back when you grow out of video games or better just kill yourself now

When the ballista started killing dragons i was hyped and thought maybe stannis retook Dragonstone and was manning ballista or some shit. Nope, teleporting fleet

So what, is Storms End like five minutes from Kings Landing?

What the fuck, so everybody keeps on teleporting then? Literally the next scene after killing the dragon Euron and Missandei are already in kings landing

It's 'to the town of our freedom'

It's 100 miles, that's supposed to be a 3 day trip by boat

compare the shots from season 6 which show the same perspective as she's looking in season 8.

Attached: king's landing.jpg (4012x3186, 1.8M)

>river dried up
>in winter

wut

>114196003
I didnt notice the dragon was in the background of this scene.. like WELL within range of the ballistas what the actual FUCK

The original conquerors took the sword of every chieftain and melted them into a throne. Symbolic n sheit

No, it isn't.

TURN

OFF

YOUR

BRAIN.

HAVE

SEX

Didn’t need a massive CGI budget I reckon

in westeros space is convulted...

this is fast approaching a point where it is not funny

have sex then idiot

WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST SHOOT HER AND A FUCKING DRAGON HOLY SHIT JUST KILL THE LIZARD AND WAR IS PRETTY MUCH WON

tide has gone out.

Wait so that was actually supposed to be Kings Landing? I was legitimately confused about where they were at the end of the episode

Pretty neat trick for the tide to go out long enough for plants to grow.

where else? it's practically a two-location show now
soon to be one

They cut down the woods for crossbow bolts and dug up the hills for iron ore, lol.

sea level has dropped.

thats seaweeds, dumb cunt

Western Civilization
GRRM foretelling the migrant crisis

Same, I thought it was Dragonstone because that's where they were when euron showed up, but now apparently everybody has teleportation powers again

lmao you fool they couldn't afford half-decent writers for the final season, you expect them to fly a whole crew to Dubrovnik for a single scene

Lmao why did stannis try to attack Kings landing by ship? What an idiot. Ships can't even reach all the way to the town.

Like in that one movie where the kids get lost in the forest?

Pretty neat trick for sea level to magically drop in the space of a few months

Dragons and bureaucratic inertia

Have some shame

If normal fags get a hold of this...
"Have Sex" will be the come back to anything remotely nerdy sounding for decades.

Attached: 1557108767137.jpg (1706x956, 345K)

Apparently they couldn't use the original KL set because they used some historical site and they are going to burn it down (apparently ). This combined with spending most of their budget on an the cgi dragon shit probably resulted in this

Dishonest film making: the show

Why can't you just consume instead of questioning every minor detail??

That's gonna be a yikes from me dawg

Big battle > consistency

>magically
The show has literal magic, maybe there's a lord of water!

global cooling = more ice at the poles = lower sea level

And imploding hillsides.

>"Have Sex" will be the come back to anything remotely nerdy sounding for decades.
Wasn't that already status quo in the 90's? That means normalfags will ostracize nerdy shit and will stop associating with it, meaning content creators will have to make something with quality in order to appeal to a more niche audience. Win win my non sex having friend.

>Chad Aegon comes with Dragons (basically nuclear bombs)
>beats the shit out of some lords, the rest bend the knee
>he makes himself king of everyone.
The end

water wizards are canon

This is a world where seasons go on for years. There's no telling how tides work.

This things are not minor...

It’s magic, they don’t have to explain shit.

What happened in the episode? I saw a image of one of the dragons getting shot in the neck with that ballista and apparently Dragon chicks qt mutt advisor died?

>No vegetation
There's clearly some grass there. But keep being dishonest though.

They explain it in the show if you pay attention retard.

Didn't they do this exact same shit when the dothraki and unsullied armies were waiting outside the walls during the dragon pit summit? It was a grassy plain that time and noone complained.

Attached: DABID.png (1920x1080, 2.89M)

>Red keep then
>Red
>Red keep now
>Gray
Why do the do this?

Can I get a redpill on what went down in the episode?

Attached: 1554856192237.gif (420x315, 1.99M)

A dragon and a head went down. And some ships.

Jesus Christ did you not watch the show?

Westeros was made of 7 major kingdoms and several minor kingdoms the targs came and literally dragonfired everyone

The throne is made of hundreds of melted swords of surrendered lords

Then they reorganized the 7 largest kingdoms into what they have now.

Dorne actually seems rated independent for a time and then joined via trreath this there are actually 8 kingdoms in the 7 kingdoms

Attached: copy.jpg (2480x5628, 1006K)

i dont know why people are just noticing this now. this is what kings landing looked like in season 1... it changes every season, why are you bitching about this now?

Attached: kings-landing_FULL.jpg (1920x1080, 128K)

How can you fuck up so bad?

Yikes.

Attached: 1557139669970.jpg (410x452, 15K)

The entire kingdom was in debt before the novels started because of Robert and his frivolous spending to appease his boredom. Tyrion was even pointing out how awful a shape King's Landing was in ACOK when he was Hand.

>zero farms around it
>somehow has immense population

SUBVERSION BITCH

Attached: 1000full-esmé-bianco (2).jpg (1000x1000, 59K)

The rhoynar could actually do water magic

How racist do you have to be to believe this?

"Coldwater" is a much better town name than "Our Freedom"

Man S1 was so good.

Unironically this, sort of
Winter came, it's literally mentioned in the episode

retards
forests dont just disappear because some snow landed on the ground

is that the same window?

Why didn't Tyrion tell Euron that Cersei was pregnant with Jaime's son? Euron is literally the only person left that is loyal to Cersei, and it's only because she promised to marry him. Hell, he could've used that as a bargaining chip to free Missandei.

The sea level has clearly lowered. Why does this trigger you?

He probably doesn't yet know Euron has been rewritten as genuinely in lust with Cersei.
In previous seasons, he was just a dumb chaotic evil character, some weird Euron/Victarion composite.

It's like in stargate where if you have the ancient gene the chair activates.

Yes, you have the same view from the city, where the temple was.

>muh parley

If your enemy has confirmed the only nuclear bomb in existence and they roll it up within farting distance of your bomb-diffusing cannon battery, you're going to take that opportunity or you're a giga-retard.

Too bad the show is written by two terratards.

those are archers, not ballista, and that is a much bigger force on the ground

>The sea level has clearly lowered
Why? How?

>2480x3397

climate change

ah, the great finale

Attached: d96.jpg (500x500, 43K)

>500,000 inhabitants

A good goy should not ask too many questions and indulge itself in hedonism, atheism and excessive self indolence. NOW TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF AND HAVE SEX INCEL

Oh look another internet war strategist....
ugh....can we just....

>fast approaching
>implying it wasn't a few days after everyone spamming it for everything

God, Californians and southerners are such fucking morons.

What the hell does that have to do with what user said?

>not (ned)
yikes

This landscape was retconned by season 2 with the battle of blackwater. There was clearly enough room during that battle for riders on horseback to ride around the city walls and onto the bay side.

Maybe the winter up north locked up more of the sea’s water in glaciers, thus lowering the sea levels by a couple hundred feet, just like what happened on earth during the last ice age.

I’d be fine with that if they explained it that way or something similar.

The middle two can be from different windows, one looking the sea one looking inland.

Um they obviously cut down all the trees to make the scorpions

they are literally pulling lion kind tier bullshit, a movie created for children, to show cersei is bad, just like scar destroyed the land simbas father ruled, cerseis reign of like 2 years has destroyed kings landing because their audience is children now

It's the town of Aquafina you mong

So by current movement speed standards its like 5 minutes on foot.

Do you even know what fracking is brainlet?

learn perspetive faggot, it's behind the tall hill

Kek that is clearly a walmart parking lot gussied up with cgi

In like a year and a half?

How the fuck are these the same? The middle right is clearly a different fucking window.

I guess this filming location was cheapest or otherwise easiest place to get to

Could it actually be that the water dried up as some anons pointed out? If you take the water out of these pictures and replace it with dirt it kind of matches up with the view she had in this season...

user turned off his brain

Because if anything this shows how fucking stupid the anons itt are complaining about this shit. This is right by the coast. Why would it be heavily forested there? All the woods and hills are to the front of Kings Landing. The scene from yesterdays episode could have taken place in the same general area.

however ballistas are made out of non-wood materials, apparently

dont call people retarded

The children can spell "King" though

ah yes the highest form of argumentation, pointing out a misspelling on a forum

Retards, they cut down the trees for ballistas. The fertile soil, now not held in place by tree roots, was simply blown away by the wind.

Attached: 1555483803920.jpg (232x322, 13K)

>Retards, they cut down the trees for ballistas
>Cut thousands of trees
>For a few dozen ballistae

how does the ocean receed by 50 feet in the span of a couple of months at best?

They blew their budget.

You need 500 pounds of tree to make 5 pounds of ballista wood, it's like jerky.

I entered a contest online to win a private screening of season 8 before it aired on TV sometime last year. By the time I was notified I was the lucky winner I had lost all interest in GoT but I had nothing else to do that weekend so I said ‘fuck it’ and went along anyway. It was in a tiny private cinema, single screen, only 20 seats at most. I was waiting for about 15 minutes before who other than fucking George R. R Martin himself strolls in. Apparently it was part of the contest that I’d completely forgotten about. I wanted to ask how the next book was coming along but every time I mentioned it he’d do a weird spasm and knock his own glasses off, only to spend a few minutes shuffling around trying to find them under his seat. I gave up eventually and we sat in silence until the premier started.

I tried to concentrate on the show but George didn’t seem that interested. Throughout the first two episodes he was tutting and making weird noises by opening and closing his mouth. Multiple times I felt him staring at me, but he’d quickly look back towards the screen every time I looked his way. Things really took a turn about halfway through episode 3. George was letting out this high pitched laugh every few minutes, shaking his head and saying “oh no, oh no”. When Arya killed the Night King he was laughing so hard he had to stop to burp, and started shouting something about a “goblina”. I wanted to move seats but thought that would be rude. Pretty sure he soiled himself when Dany didn’t see Euron’s fleet and lost a dragon. By the time Bran was being wheeled onto the iron throne at the end he was writhing on the floor laughing or in agony, I couldn’t tell. I got 1 last chance to ask when his next book might be released as they carried him out on a reinforced stretcher, but he responded by reflexively knocking his own glasses off again, not realising he wouldn’t be able to pick them up this time. I ended up taking them with me as a memento.

have sex?

Cersei bad. Make KL look like Mordor.

Care I, not, other than to point out your own vacuity

global warning from dragon fart emission

What a blaring fuck up.

>cersei
>blew up a giant ass temple
>killed the pope, thousands of innocents, her cousin, her step daughter
>this drove her child to commit suicide
>now for some reason honors a random crew of foreigners and a giant fucking dragon looking to usurp her
Totally consistent writing.

Attached: 1474727473296.jpg (1063x1600, 176K)

>a couple of months at best
Lol, a couple of months pass between the beginning of this episode and the end of the episode alone. How are you so autistic not to notice this?

>Captain America: Civil War.webm

>t.cuckold

HOW THE FUCK DOES DANY EXPECT TO TAKE KINGS LANDING WHEN ITS COVERED IN A MILLION DRAGON-KILLING CROSSBOWS AND DANY ONLY HAS LIKE 30 FUCKING PEOPLE LEFT IN HER ARMY?

and its been established that those ballistas are pin point accurate and can reload in seconds

This is going to be a major plot point. A few people think she is fucking bonkers....and say so....and reap the consequences

yes

She doesn't need an army, she needs 20 good men inside her.

>brainlets don't understand milankovitch cycles and climate

And dornish, therefore, forgotten

have sex
buy starbucks

yes because that applies to a fantasy world that we nothing about the orbits of
on top of that the fucking seasons last like 10 years long who fucking knows whats going on in the climate

They will miss when it's convenient to the plot. Like how Night King sniped one of Dany's dragons, but they were unable to kill any of the other ones despite overwhelming odds at Winterfell.

Please, explain it to us

>the reason for why i havent had sex is because sex is hedonism
you can fool me but you cant fool yourself

the mountains moved dumbass

they're migratory

Attached: big iron.jpg (960x688, 51K)

>tfw your enemy somehow thinks you're growing stronger in her absence, when really she's over-stretching her army and about to commit to attacking your city with a small amount of her troops, instead of waiting for the arrival of her Dornish army which has mostly stayed out of the war so far and is therefore completely untouched and rested

Attached: CerseiLIKEY.jpg (257x351, 46K)

6/10
wouldn't read

Attached: mont-saint-michel-supertide.jpg (2560x1674, 710K)

there's zombies and fucking dragons in this world.

a 1 year global warming is totally believable

was there supposed to be an army there?

That's not where the temple was, the crumbling colosseum-looking thing at the right is the Dragonpit, not the old Sept. She's clearly looking out a different window facing more inland.

>winter

so all that water would be an ice rink.

Attached: dronie-1-1200x800.jpg (1200x800, 165K)

I did this a couple of years ago and it cured my depression

global warming is going to flatten mountains?

Attached: 1557158116839.jpg (2480x3397, 1.19M)

See: You thought it must be the same window and direction just because there was a pillar by it, and then you ran away with the premise even though none of the architecture matches anywhere, when that's the first CGI they'd completely reuse to save money if it was meant to be exactly the same window and direction.

Ros best girl.

that was like 10 years ago, shit gets fixed when u have like 10million people living there faggot

Attached: 1556283618821.jpg (750x703, 95K)

then why can't you explain it? Albert Einstein said that if you can't explain something in a way that a child can understand it then it means you don't fully understand it yourself. have YOU even seen the show or do you spend each episode fucking around on your phone?

Attached: 1539270573403.png (415x353, 111K)

It's a FANTASY show you retard

>wwaaah wwwaaaaah spoonfeeeed me
Go back to plebbit, faggot.

"We try to make the show as real to life as possible" Benioff und Weiss

Are the characters being smart supposed to be part of that fantasy?

thanks for confirming that you can't explain something that is very simple to understand.

S1 was brilliant

actually neck yourself you fucking faggot

>Many of these hills where my friends...

As any literature teacher would tell you it is symbolic. The barren land represents Cersei´s womb.

And the Mountain moved in with her?

That's the thing, there's nothing to NOT understand as far as the show's narrative is concerned.
>Dragon girl wants throne from very early on
>Tywin does everything to further the status of his house
>Robert flat outs says the WHOOOOORE IS PREGNANT
The thing people have a problem here is that the stupid story decisions. How does someone like Daenerys barely learn anything from season 1 despite the fact that MULTIPLE people have advised her otherwise, and she has seen the concequnces of her actions multiple times. Now, that's something you question. She's not a character like Ramsay who is psychotic and doesn't need explanations.

I for one appreciate the effort you put into your post, but this comment chain began with the question "can someone please explain to a brainlet why the iron throne makes you the ruler of the 7 kingdoms? and who made it?" The "who made it" part has a definitive answer, but as to why the iron throne is important is another story altogether - it's not important. it's "important" because GRRM said it is, but there are better port cities. Gold mines? Not a real answer.

It's like "what backs the value of an American dollar"? It isn't gold anymore. Nobody can explain it. We just look at a piece of paper and say "oh, this one is worth 5", not knowing why.

based

Varys has already answered this

Wow you can't have discussion here anymore, it all devolves into have sex shit posting, cause everyone thinks they're being so clever. It's like early bane posting days all over again.

So Cersei made enough Ballistae to flatten an entire forest in a few months? SO what she just has 10s of thousands of Ballistae lying around for some reason?

>Full ability to wipe out Daenarys and her dragon.
>Cersei, of all fucking people, decides to just chop off the aide's head and wait for the real battle.

fpbp

well lets see. they improved defences, rebuilt kings landing and built ships.

please dont demand other people do your thinking for you, it will make you lazy.

ur mum made it of me so she could sit on my face

Bane posting didn't have an agenda. Just like sneed.

that's the joke. Yea Forums and other virgin 4chaner boards were getting sick and tired of women calling them virgins online so they co opted the phrase into a joking insult when someone brings up criticism of something. kinda like how people on the left now use the word 'libtard' as a joke, it use to be a 2015 flavor of the month insult but now its exclusively used to mock the unoriginality of a bad joke.

And flattened entire hills and mountains or the rivers around KL as well?

Hm.

I went and looked at the new intro versus the old one.
They decided to move Kings Landing a bit, they even changed the map...

Attached: Kings.Landing.jpg (1276x1438, 367K)

Do you faggotsn ot know about clearing the immediate vicinity of your walls so you can freely attack any armies trying to siege you?

>burned the tall hills down

Attached: 1476407690578.jpg (476x340, 77K)

Fuck off to /pol/

This looks like that deer thing from Walking Dead

It's Dragonstone. OP is a homosexual as usual.

Reddit is down the hall and to the left

Eat shit, you homo

>a show that takes place in left earth
lmao you should have learned how things happen in middle earth

King's landing is 50 times bigger lol

this man is talking sense

They used up all the hills for weapons. Big army requires lots of resources.

Why is it that the show is more successful than ever and looks like there's been no money put into it? Fuckign jews.

Attached: 1555946030376.png (280x275, 189K)

It's a fantasy world and there were no prior established rules to that. We just established it works the same way it does in our universe, even though there was no indication of that.

>use money to get people hooked
>slash the budget once the audience is established
>viewership only increases since the series is ending
Pretty efficient tactic tbqhwy

except it cost the least money when it was good and cost the most now

They used all the season's budget on the episode where it was too dark to see anything.

Nigga I live in the place original kings landing was filmed in and that's not how our winter looks when the rare snow falls

Malta, island of the retarded? Valetta is very smelly.

holy fuck this cgi

St Julian's was cool. But that was like 15 years ago, before the immigrants and stuff.

>She's clearly looking out a different window facing more inland.

Don`t be an smartass, KL is small enough as it is. Loof at the fucking pic, if you are not looking at the city, you are looking at the sea.

Attached: 09679555.jpg (1920x1080, 415K)

They let a fucking starbucks cup at the fucking table, you think they care about shit like this, no they don't.

For being capital of the world basically I always thought it was retardedly small anyway

I like the old city. is it true they eat cats there?

>fuckhuge castle looks small in the distance
>but he thinks the city is small
Fucking hell, mate.

You are a retard, Kingslanding is virtually surrounded by water, left, right and in the back, and the only access to the ground is towards the city.

Attached: y.jpg (2480x3508, 1.17M)

>u
this isn't a 2001 chatroom you underage phoneposting piece of shit

Yes, even though KL is surrounded by water the city can be seen from everywhere. Retard

Attached: 1518637891024.jpg (645x729, 81K)

why is this so shitty looking? why is the production so cheap? what the fuck did they do with all the money they made? this is supposed to be the most successful series ever

Which is even more bizarre. Someone should possibly look investigate potential money laundering here

jew producers pocketing the money HBO is giving them now that the normie herds are hooked on the show and will eat up anything they shit out. nothing really new as far as show bizness goes

She fracked without looking for oil, just to destroy the land.

The only ways this works is if the ocean dried up. The Red Keep is at the far end of the city, if the ocean hasn't dried up and she's looking over the city, she should see hills.

Why would no one mentions the fucking ocean disappearing? There is not a single other indication of such a thing happening.

When's the last time we saw any of King's Landing outside the red keep since, like, Cersei's walk of shame? I'm pretty sure they've just been pinching shekels because they don't feel like filming on location in Croatia anymore.

Damn, too bad for whoever used to hate the people that lived there that the ocean never dried up so they could mount a land attack.

Winter is there, like an ice age, more water in the poles frozen as ice means lower sea levels(just like in Ice ages irl) how do you think people got to americas lol

Oh no.

They cleared the ocean?

top is not book accurate. bottom is

Yes because Sieging KL would be even possible from Dany, lets not forget just how stupid it would be, they're on the fucking ocean.

Where is KL's docks?

they could. its called Low tide

Attached: Mont_saint_michel_normandy_tripusafrance.jpg (600x400, 186K)

Pretty sure King's Landing has had like fucking galleons parked in its ports. If low tide could landlock the city, how could it have ever been the trade center it was built to be, or the naval center it has been through the show?

Attached: dumb op.png (1272x660, 1.7M)

t. Dabid

Harbour depths can vary wildly depending on the spot. If we're going with this scenario then I'd say that the water towards the bottom in this picture: is much shallower because it's connected to the land on both sides of it, and so when the tide goes out you get to see the bottom. That could be why there's no port on that side, just walls and small doorways, because the tide going in and out simply makes it unsuitable to put any vessel in there except small fishing boats. The harbour for big ships would be at the other side, or at the sea side.

Strategically, if you're fighting dragons, it makes sense that you'd cut down the surrounding forests. They clearly also needed a lot of timber and firewood. And an open field to fight in/defend.

As for where the water and the rolling hills went - I really have no idea. But I can defend the idea of cutting down the forest.

have sex

Have sex

So they ate the trees and the hills

DEM EBIL WYTE PEPO DUN EVAPORATTED ALL DUH WADDA AN ATE UP DEM HEELS

Never before seen answer:
They chopped up the forests to create hundreds of ballistas and ballista bolts

This guy gets it. You don't need to sit on the iron throne to conquer Westeros. Yeah its symbolic, but it has no real power. The Iron Throne is just a spook, a ghost of an institution that fools the peasants into thinking it has authority.

Consider the following scenario
>Cersei is holed up in Kings Landing
> lay seige, stop Cersei's army from advancing
>Jon and Danny roll through the rest of Westeros, conquer all who oppose, make the lords bend the knee
>Cersei sits on her iron throne while the real rulers of Westeros move the capital to some other city
>Kings Landing falls into poverty, a delusional blemish on the seven kingdoms as the true rulers reside elsewhere

You have no idea how much would there would be in an area that huge. That's enough wood to build a small town. They wouldn't have even used a quarter of it making those ballistas.

Name a show with a sharper quality dip. I'll wait

>You'd be a fucking moron to not clear trees back from your walls
So how many of the past Kings were morons?

You ever been pistol whipped before my man?

*wood

psst....remember them blowing up half the city?

Dumb & Dumber happened, they have no clue what they're doing, and this visual puke is degenerate they put on our screens every Sunday.

Utterly disgraceful to the work GRRM did on the books.

Imagine actually defending this garbage.
Disgusting subhuman onions filled faggots.

>used to be touching water.
It's almost like the name King's LANDING used to make sense.

CHAD tier answer

>move the capital to some other city
Move it back to Oldtown, that was the capitol before the Targs rolled in the first time.

I remember them blowing up the area around the Sept. I don't remember them ever saying anything about fixing it, though.
I guess it's just like this sudden ice age, though. No explanation, no exposition. The ocean is gone, the forest is gone, but should the viewer know why or how? Nope.

There is no serious explanation in the world, D&D rely on helpful idiots like you to put down criticism with headcanon.

>dany
>giving up on her ego quest for "MUH KINGDOM MUH THRONE"

Wasn't it High Garden in this shot?

>helpful idiots like you to put down criticism with headcanon

you are expecting too much. do you get upset like this about star wars? or someone with a magic glove?