Legend of Galactic Heroes

In a world of capeshit and GOT becoming shit, I need something to cleanse the pallet.

Is this show as good as they say it is, Yea Forums?

Attached: https___blogs-images.forbes.com_olliebarder_files_2015_07_logh_announce.jpg (960x540, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vTCnmPi2HMA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes

Does this count as spam or requests as /wsr/?

No, it's boring and long
Virtually any Gundam would be better and more entertaining

Can we use this as a Star Trek thread, too?

It's pretty fucking great. Game Of Thrones built a reputation of having interesting political scheming and characters who were never safe but gave up on those things halfway, Galactic Heroes actually followed through on those things.

If Yea Forums likes then it must be pretentious and boring.

It's not perfect. It's not particularly exciting. You can't meme about it with your friends. Most discussions of it on Yea Forums have been mindless circlejerks since they finished the translations in like 2013. Watching it won't suddenly turn you into a patrician. Most of the hype about it is just oldfags complaining.

But yeah it's pretty good.

Attached: l_1494.jpg (680x500, 41K)

lmao pleb, Gundam isn't even as good as Macross nevermind LOGH

if you can't enjoy something without hype and memes it's really time for you to stop using the internet

Gundam UC absolutely is

Gundam UC isn't virtually any Gundam

That's why I'm not going to recommend it to someone as a 'palate cleanser' after capeshit and GOT. It's a complex work that appeals to a very, very niche audience, not the widest possible demographics.

Attached: 1509889056863.jpg (984x720, 61K)

This was the most boring shit for 30 episodes, after that I was hooked on every small conversation.

>logh
>complex work

>It's a complex work that appeals to a very, very niche audience
Yet all you tasteless Yea Forumsedditors that only consume capeshit and pleb shit like john wick love it?

I love Gundam but all the endings suck except for the Original.

>Is this show as good as they say it is?
No, but still worth a watch and not vulgar and retarded like GoT or capeshit.

>Is this show as good as they say it is, Yea Forums?

No the battles are equally just as shitty. All the victories are due to incompetent superior officers unwilling to listen to subordinates.

Plus imagine the a small force of Resistance fighters from Star Wars capturing Starkiller Base with battle axes.

Attached: 1554217713352.png (424x500, 281K)

I don't watch comic book movies.

Have sex.

Attached: 53274819_684556405311068_2274829136268623872_n.png (640x482, 161K)

Attached: Untitled.png (1024x768, 876K)

It is probably the best space opera ever but to the screen. Find the recommended viewing order image somewhere. But definitely start with the first two movies as they are way more interesting and better animated than the first few episodes.

Attached: D54ixhWUwAAp4lC.jpg (828x1066, 116K)

>you can't meme about it
if only kircheis saw this post

Imagine having such a fragile ego that you feel offended if there is anyone that doesn't consider you the greatest ever.

Reinhard was friendozed as fuck.

>facebook filename
I thought this dogshit was for a quote unquote "very, very niche audience" not normalfags

You just know when he was having sex that he wishes it was kircheis on top instead. Probably clutches the locket the whole while.

It's not exactly "Space Anime GOT" but if you want to get into space politics and heavy dialogue and good characters with the occasional unexpected death then it's a great show to get into. Also having only classical music as a soundtrack and having maybe real world historical parallels is kind of cool.

Viewing order is My Conquest is the Sea of Stars > Overture of a New War (extended version of episodes 1 and 2) > Main OVA 3-110 > Prequels if you still want

How's the modern remake shaping up? I haven't heard much about it at all.

Attached: file.png (1023x1500, 2.99M)

it's poop

If you're a fan of the original the art and music direction will be a huge let down. It's still not a complete run (12 eps) and 3 movies are promised that are supposed to add up to another 12 more or less this year.

Yes unless you are a woman.
But the quality declines as seasons pass.

Yes, I'm sure one of the most popular and acclaimed anime of all time has a small and strictly defined fanbase.

bad, no blood and the battle tactics have gone to shit. worst point would be encircling your enemy and letting a hole in your wall allowing them to escape only the enemy lets literally all of his ships slip though leaving him last when they obviously close the gap. yes its similar to what was in the original series but they fuck it all up to the point its become retarded

The tactics was half the fun of the combat, they always had a lot of interesting ways to outsmart their opponenets

>can't meme about it
there's countless screenshots posted constantly

Attached: oberstein.png (500x375, 223K)

>Kissanime watermark

Yikes

Attached: Reuenthal 1.png (958x718, 476K)

It can be tiresome sometimes since its very plot thick and 1 20min episode feels like a 50min small movie with all the narrative details crammed in and the animation is a bit limited but improves later, but if you actually manage to finish it, you will realize that there is no equal in terms of quality, but only downhill from there. No anime tropes, and no shitty anime fan service. Just pure space opera. You are required to have reached a certain level of taste to actually manage to fully watch and appreciate this masterpiece though.

yeah and thats what makes the remake so bad because they fucked up even though they had the original to work from

No
Just a mediocre show that was glorified mostly by uneducated American brainlets

Attached: Reuenthal 2.png (958x718, 505K)

Actually the close combat axe shit, reminded me some bloody Tarantino-esque moments and made the characters look cool, even if its not as viable as an idea.

The sad part is the original battles aren't even that complex, tactically. Any normie can easily know what is going on during the battles.

>Le shit is tedious so it's good
I hope one day Yea Forums grows out of this

>very plot thick and 120min episode feels like a 50min small movie
The absolute state of brainlets.

It's one of the like 5 anime that are actually worth watching.

Spoken as a true newfag.

youtube.com/watch?v=vTCnmPi2HMA

Attached: 745.jpg (635x960, 541K)

Lmao I like that aspect but it tended to be a bit exausting because almost every bit of detail in every sub line has gravity, and I had to pause to catch up more times than I wanted to

yeah it's one of the only good anime along with Dragon Ball Super

If you don't like TTGL you have female genitalia.

If you're into long sci-fi, military and political stories, there is a high chance you'll like it.

DRUMPF is a dictator xDDDD

It is, but you have to be a bit patient with it. It gets better the more the characters develop, the early parts can be a bit of a slog at first but great when you rewatch it. Most of the side characters don't really shine until part 2.
It's hard to sell without spoiling things.

Attached: 0242.jpg (960x720, 116K)

It's better. It didn't have to compromise on anything because of it's production format (mail-order VHS OVAs to fans of the books) so it tells it's story without flinching or trying to have a "broad appeal".

If you aren't really enjoying it at first, keep watching at least through episode 11. That's when I knew I was absolutely hooked.

A lot like said, no characters are safe and there is no such thing as a status quo. It's truly a rare gem that I can't find a replacement for.

>You can't meme about it with your friends

Someone's got the wrong kinds of friends.

Attached: are_you_frustrated.jpg (800x450, 58K)

Has the author made anything else that's good? Tytania seems like shit.

I hope you grow a brain some day