I do believe that after season 4, Game of Thrones started to lose it's way from GRRM's vision

I do believe that after season 4, Game of Thrones started to lose it's way from GRRM's vision.

But now, in this final season, I think that they have rejoined the thread and that the major story points we are seeing are GRRM endgame stuff that he had in mind all along.

Attached: taxpolicy.jpg (1784x1380, 1.05M)

If you swap Cersei and the Golden Company at KL with Aegon and the Golden Company that side would be fine. Obviously anyone currently allied with them in the books would be there too. Rewrite the Arya, with full Faceless Man training this time, killing the NK with his Walkers and people doing good shit and that side is honestly fine.

There are people in the right places but its not the right people, and its not good writing in the show

I don't know how you can justify the Walkers being stopped at Winterfell with only two major character deaths
What the fuck was Ned Stark so worried about

You would absolutely kill more, but its about moving people around to be there. With two books left, its 100% likely Jon gets revived but moving Sansa and Littlefinger North reasonably seems hard. Plus Stannis is still alive but I could see him dying to the Boltons but in a less fucking retarded way. Plus getting Dany on a boat and across the water, and either doing the undead dragon or the horn that destroys the wall.

Holy shit, I've been copypasta'd

I said it when all this shit started and I'll say it again, people should watch season 1 as a TL;DR then swap to the books if they really like it. Fully watching this shit heap is worse than the people who wasted time on the Hobbit trilogy when the fucking book is barely 300 pages.

>two major character deaths
Actually there were 5 storied characters who died, and I guess you missed all the pyres of dead bodies at the beginning of this episode.

imagine thinking grrm has a vision at all

there's a reason he's not writing shit pal

Attached: 2362623515125.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

FAegon was unironically the key to Dany going mad, a fake Targaryen that is loved by the people.

Yeah the latest episode was very GRRM-ish. I think we're back on track now.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-05-06-07h28m29s811.jpg (1920x1080, 173K)

Isn't that a passage in the books too? The mummer's dragon being celebrated on the streets or something?

>Master, the fat man has resumed writing. He's going to finish the book.
>"He cannot be allowed to finish. The HBO ending will be the only ending. Kill him, then burn the manuscripts."

Attached: 1522621444198.jpg (581x581, 41K)

he has no vision and will hire a ghostwriter to do a contractually obliged version outlined by HBO with only token deviations from the show.

> Littlefinger dead not an endgame character
nope

HBO were spoonfed lore and dialogue from the books.Once that dried up, they only had the key plot points to go on.

They were arrogant enough to think they could even attempt to match his writing. In the end it's just fan-service drivel and filler.

In 5 years when the NDA's have expired GRRM will rip into them.

Honestly, fuck the show, are the books worth reading at least? Or should I just start Malazan/Wheel of Time?

The books are good story-wise, and the lore is pretty deep. Fat man knows how to flesh out a universe.

he'll be six feet under by then

hes a little too good at fleshing it out, he introduced way too much stuff that has no relevance to the story which is probably why he cant finish the books, hes put too much in that he doesnt know how to tie it all together now.

My personal opinion
2>4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Malazan started out too fantasy for me. In the first couple chapters they introduce like 3 different factions, multiple planets, flying giant bugs and tree sized mushrooms. Plus its one of those "every name looks like someone smashing their head against a keyboard" types of fantasy. I couldnt get into it.

WoT starts out strong for a few books, slogs through the middle then picks up again. But theres a few story lines that dont pan out how I wanted and characters that dont get proper endings which annoys me. Probably will never read it again, although there are parts that I think are some of the best fantasy ever written.

no major character deaths, one minor character deaths.
especially since about 10 of the major characters were standing on the very front of the front line!!!!. Against a tsunami of zombies
Not only did they survive, they survived without even any injuries

they brought back a few VERY minor, inconsequential characters from earlier seasons to die off. Nobody off even a small amount of importance died.
GOT was made famous by GRRM killing off the characters, and no less than 70% of ALL major and minor characters should have been killed.
Brienne, the neutered captain, the red head, the blacksmith - why werent they killed. they serve no function.
on top of that would have been good to see Arya get slaughtered by the night king in exchange for her life

WoT was very good imo, I recommend it.

i liked it, but after the third book i could see it going nowhere. there needed to be more progress

This could be a sort of good ending combined with GRRMs better writing and set up.
E.g. Jon getting killed by the nights watch in the show bc hes not racist vs killed in the books bc he was going to break his vows

So ending could be
>final villain Euron but he's a wizard
>Gold company and aegon hold KL
>Dany goes evil over the course of the book
>Skip all the cringy dialogue and fan service

Yeah, It gets slow sometimes, but overall is a good story. I'm glad a read it.

Who? I only seen Theon and Jorah

Let LF be alive

Attached: 42632023_109310379985367_5998370207973317056_n.jpg (718x564, 29K)

For all the flaws in the 4th and 5th book, ASoIaF is leagues better than Malazan and Wheel of Time.

Wheel of Time is the king of page-wasting and shit pacing, there are whole books of nothing happening. And beneath that it is still a fairly generic fantasy, that clearly wishes to be a harem powerlevel series, but is afraid to admit such immature desires.

Malazan is fuck awful, because its author is as pretentious as Martin with not even half the writing skills and historical knowledge, but deep love of power levels. It tries to be a complex dark fantasy with many layers of intrigue and scheming told through multiple PoWs, like ASoIaF, and fails completely because the author is firstly not skilled enough, and secondly is trying to do so in a world which does not have much coherence, and where magic has Dragonball powerscaling with no defined things it cannot do, so plot developments do not logically flow from one another in a predictable fashion, in any given moment one of the more powerful characters can pull something out of his ass to turn the situation on the head.

If you want to read someone other than Martin, read Abercrombie. He at least can write a coherent plot which gets resolved within a reasonable page count.

this lol