Shazam

>355m after 4 weeks
>Will bottom out at 400m at the absolute best

Was getting rid of Snyder a mistake? His films at least made bank, despite how polarizing they were. This was played 100% straight, got 90 on RT, and it looks set to make a loss.

Attached: Shazam!_theatrical_poster.jpg (259x384, 18K)

The name doesn't have the same weight of Superman,Batman,WW,etc. Its really for a more niche audience

>makes 100+ million profit
Releasing it so close to Memegame was a mistake but I wouldn't get too upset by it.

Nah, they get half domestic and around a quarter from abroad, plus marketing costs. It'll still post a loss at best.

It cost peanuts to make. It made profit.

>80m is peanuts

I never saw the appeal of this. Looked like a kid's movie from the trailers. And yes, getting rid of Snyder was a mistake. He should've been assigned to MoS sequel.

Shazam is the first DCEU film with absolutely no involvement from Zack, btw

CHADZAM!!!

>Was getting rid of Snyder a mistake
Not really. Aquaman tho. DC were morons for placing Shazam who is essentially a literal who in between endgame and CM, even if Snyder was directing it would've still been about the same. DC just needs to time their releases when Marvel movies aren't out.

It is for a cape film.

>Mediocre shit like Captain Marvel gets a billion
>This doesn't
Pretty gay desu

Attached: wojak.jpg (1600x900, 55K)

t.dummy

hmm i can't think of a reason why they released it so close to captain marvel. it's a complete mystery.

t. NAA

money

laundering

scheme

400 million WW was always the ultimate best case scenario for Shazam!. A comedic superhero movie starring a character, that is relatively unknown outside the USA. Had he bee a Marvel brand hero, it would have done 600-700 million and if the movie would have had Wonder Woman, Superman or Aquaman in it as well, it would have done much better.
But now, the pull is a character whose proper name DC can't even use in the title, because people would confuse it to a Marvel movie.

DC trying to make movies at all was a mistake

it'll make more money on demand and DVD releases than it will in the theaters

DC movies have done over 11 billion worldwide from theaters alone. Despite some people want to pretend otherwise, movies have been a pretty solid business for DC.

Sure they have

Nah, all that 'it's gotta double it's budget' shit is HollyJew accounting at it's best. Between rentals, DVDs, toy sales, it'll make a tidy profit. And even if they don't decide to make a direct sequel, Shazam can still appear in an Ant-Man esque role in other Superhero movies

standalones do not do enough anymore. Aquaman got lucky with the 2018 December/Christmas
movie famine.
You need a bigger picture to get close to $1B nowadays. Throw in additional characters or fail

Saying this as a normalfag, nothing I saw in the trailer warranted me seeing the movie. Nothing. It just looked like some trash knockoff superhero movie. That’s why no one went to see it. Shitty marketing.

Yes, because making money is a bad thing for a business?

Remember when a sad dcuck made a shazam box office checkbox list like with Aquaman?
>IT STILL WON’T ESCAPE DAWN OF JUST TIER

>His films at least made bank, despite how polarizing they were.
That's what happens when he uses the biggest comic book characters of all time
When he doesn't it's embarassing and makes you wonder how he still kept getting work

Attached: Screenshot_20190506-130643~01.png (1280x651, 311K)

>The lies DCucks have to tell themselves

Attached: black-panther-spidey-captain-marvel-and-marvel-avengers-thor-came-backgroud.jpg (1500x750, 129K)

you know it wasnt a real billion

dvd sales saved it
same for BvS

If you're including every single DC movie since the fucking 60s then that's fucking awful for a business

Especially since Marvel has made TWICE that in the last decade alone

Attached: 1551969230547.jpg (3531x1506, 1.03M)

>"His films at least made bank."
Justice League didn't. Aquaman made way more bank than that. No one cared for Shazam so it didn't make much but at least the movie was good. Can't say the same for Synder's fucking trainwrecks.

Shaflop

They shouldn’t have released it so close to Endgame. Same with Detective Pikachu and Godzilla.

>But what if someone wants to see something else in theater!
Just because it worked once for Alvin and the Chipmunks doesn’t mean it will work for anyone else. Putting your movies next to the BIGGEST EVENT OF THE DECADE is just dumb.

>some pathetic DCuck was seriously convinced that shazam was not only going to destroy captain personalattack but the mouse too
>endgame has made six times more than Shazam and it’s only been out 11 days

>Was getting rid of Snyder a mistake?
How is that even a question? Dude offered to do a Justice League pentalogy and they only had eyes for capeshit.

Uhh, Spidey had fucking IRON MAN in it
Black Panther had MOTHERFUCKING AGENT ROSS in it
And Captain Marvel was carried by Nick Fury and based Phil Coulson

I've reported over 100 ladderbro posts today
But I'm the one who's getting banned for posting this

Yikes. Dawn of JUST indeed.

Shazam is literally DCs first decent film

remember when people were saying Aquaman would be lucky to get $400 Million?

Shazam did fine but yes it could have done slightly better if it was released later in the year closer to Christmas

>His films at least made bank
>spend 400m filming
>spend 400m marketing
>after theaters cut you get 400m
yeh nah

If you include everything since the 60s, then DC numbers are even better considering the inflation and that in the 60s stuff was made a lot cheaper.

You can be in denial all you want, but movies and TV has been a lucrative thing for DC just as it has been for Marvel. They both have made a lot of money.

by Disney accounting Matrix was almost a bomb

Was it funny? Yes
Was the story predictable? Yes
Did I fall asleep during the movie because it dragged on and got boring? Yes

I never fall asleep in movies but holy fuck was it just.... They put comedy in a movie, that was great, but the fact that more than half the sentences had a punchline and the whole script was a joke made me fall asleep due to exhaustion.

The joke goes, that when Titanic became the biggest movie of all time, Paramount grudgingly agreed, that it might have made a couple of bucks profit.

So was this movie good should I have seen it

yeah
>KOREAN RIP WHEN

It's embarrassing if you're an adult, like all capeshit.

You can't use that excuse after Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-man made bank.

>bigger budget, more marketed, more spectacle, marvel movies
and ant-man wasn't that big either (pun intended)

Snyder was the mistake

Attached: watchmen box office.png (298x55, 3K)

made more money than Ant-Man in my cunt

>May gross less than Alita
the fuck?

He has never had access to the Marvel source material

>Alita
It's going to make less than Solo

the 6th, 7th and 8th director's cuts of watchmen are actually quite good