What the fuck is wrong with the writers???

what the fuck is wrong with the writers???

why is cersei placing her army outside of the walls just like the retards did in ep3?

Attached: Screenshot_8.png (1908x963, 2.24M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aXLl30cqqdA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Plains_of_Abraham#Battle
youtube.com/watch?v=PIYVwqHM488
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because a fight needs to happen.

what, did you expected the greek camping outside of Troy for decades in the movie too?

Why are Jon and the rest of them this close to the wall? Now I never fought in any sieges but I'd really consider moving my army back a little so they don't have to get hit by arrows just yet.
Also those ballistas look mighty powerful. Another reason not to get too close to the wall for now.

Why don't they just get arya to sneak in the city an open the gates?

Because it's more cinematically pleasing

How did the unsullied only lose half their army? Looked like only the main cast survived winterfell

Waiting for the Deus Ex Machina from Dorne to help THA YAAAS QUEEN.

Screenshot this.

So what stops Dany dropping big rocks on those scorpions from a really high altitude? Rather sure that you could just send forward your archers anyway, there's no cover for the crew at all.

>Ballistas all over walls
Since we know from last night's epiosde they're semi auto, why arent they just popping off shots and obliterating the army like space invaders?
Could it be... are the writers... dare I say... hacks?

That was the funniest fucking part of Ep. 4 for me.
>"Yeah, we lost half of our guys."
>"Yeah, we lost half of ours too."
>"Cersei's got some new guys... which means. Oh damn. We're even now!"
Fucking what.

nah they fucked up. even normiest of normies are seething now

And yet Cersei's chances were presented inversely. At the beginning they go "we're almost even", then she kills a dragon and it's "she's gonna roll the dice", then she's got a hostage and rail gun fortifications, "YOU DON'T HAVE TO DIE LIKE THIS CERSEI!!"

the guys on the top of the walls look considerably larger than the guys in front of them

at least the walls are properly manned with archers.

Shouldn't she have men from the other houses of westeros?
Or are the houses all dead?
Who now rules dorne, the reach and the stormlands?
Shouldn't this entire continent be bathed in bloody civil war everywhere?

why are they battling on a plain that doesn't exist in any of the exterior shots of king's landing? did the city get transported to one of Dany's shitty conquered locations?

They cut down the woods to build the ballistas & platforms

I guess they cut the mountains as well.

THIS SHOW SHOULD HAVE BEEN OVER AT EP4
CERSEI COULD HAVE WON

Literally fuck off. LotR didn't need trash like this.

youtu.be/aXLl30cqqdA
I love it.

het bevis

That's basically the movie Troy though. After they land and skirmish the temples outside the walls, they're just sitting around trying to figure out how to seige the walls. Meanwhile some alphas throw down to keep the movie from being 2 hours of guys drawing in the sand.

No, user. Cersei is the only one that needs to be dealt with. Even though they haven't gathered any allies outside the north everyone will obviously accept whatever the northerner + unsullied/dothraki army and their leaders decide will happen to Westeros after they've taken Kings Landing.

>Shouldn't this entire continent be bathed in bloody civil war everywhere?
Expecting the Dabids to balance dozens of spinning tops like GRRM is asking for way too much. They're more interesting in killing dragons in tacky ways.

> pile up large rocks
> get Drogon to go high altitude and drop them on the ballistas and walls, breaching both
> win

because it's far easier to spam CGI soldiers onto a flat, empty surface

>Who now rules dorne
the prince (unnamed)
>the reach
Vacant
>the stormlands
Nobody knows! But Gendry gets them anyway

>PREPARE THE DEFENSE OF THIS CITY
>DO NOT LISTEN TO DENETHOR, HE HAS LOST HIS MIND
>WE MUST PROTECT THIS CITY
>ok every form rank outside of the castle walls
>yes it'll work, trust me

Attached: gendelf.jpg (1280x921, 231K)

It's pretty hard to drop a really heavy object with pinpoint accuracy. Also it's silly when she can just roast the whole wall; all she needs to do is get outside the firing arc of those things.

Shitty comparison
The orcs were blasting Minas Tirith with trebuchets that needed to be taken out

Agreed that it's hard. But it's not like they (realistically) have any answer to that, no? It would force the lannister troops to act and maybe draw them out

She has a fucking dragon

I guess filming sieges is hard and they take up too much time. As seen in the last episode you can kill an army in like 10 seconds on an open plain and go back to boring dialogue and Tyrone and Harry talking about dicks.

they scorched all the grass, too. this looks like it could be somewhere in essos or dorne or some shit.

Who needs accuracy? Just do it all day long. Drop like 500 rocks

This
fuck does it matter how long it takes? All the opponent can do is wait or engage outside the walls.
DnD cornered themselves hard with their writing

>Daenerys loses 2 dragons, most of her army & her advisor
>Cersei has fresh troops & OP railguns
Tyrion: PLEASE SURRENDER REEEEEEEEE

>1440 minutes in a day
>500 rocks
have to drop a rock every 2.8 minutes for 24 hours to achieve this goal. more likely 1.4 over 12 hours, which means the dragon is going to be fucking tired.

OP everybody knows walls are useless in age of empires II, I just sally all troops through the gate to get the battle over with

Still quicker than regular sieges that were used to last months.

those ballistas can be only aimed at sky. it could be fixed by just giving chair for shooter but they did not include them in design

My point is it wouldn't work that way. And that is why seiges can takes months or even years.

There is no reason Dany could not isolate KL from outside help; that was, before she lost half her effective capital assets and her entire fleet. Now starving them out is impossible. She has no choice but to storm the walls and take the city from land.

Cersei not making Tyrion a pincushion was out of character

> it wouldn't work

Uh yes it would? Just find debris to bombard their walls and weaponry with. The fuck are they going to do about it?

As soon as their infrastructure is in shambles, just rush in and take the city.

I recognize anakin but who are these other two?

Dumbest scene in the series and that's saying something. We saw everyone die but nope, "only half" apparently. Fucking where, there was nobody left

fucking hell is jon snow really only a foot taller than that midget?

Dany has no artillery besides her single goddamn dragon dipshit.

One dragon is not a trebuchet. Besides the dragon fire is much better than lobbing rocks.

By not having guys guard outside the walls, you'd have the invading army attack the walls and take out the anti-dragon defenses, then the dragon would swoop in and burn up everything.

No one has ever lost with guerilla warfare. It took 20 years for the US to dent the Muslims. Those Chinese masked guys fucked up Daenerys earlier in show. Why not?!

The problem is using fire would put the dragon at risk.
Are you aware of gravity user? Things perpetually speed up the longer they're falling?

r3ddit

one

S
U
BRAVO
V
E
R
T
E
DUMB & DUMBER

>Things perpetually speed up the longer they're falling?
>What is terminal velocity
Never reply to me again

> Things perpetually speed up the longer they're falling?
Please tell me you are joking.
If you are not google 'terminal velocity' and realize how retarded you are.

I don't watch GOT but did the defending army literally put an army outside their own fucking walls?

Attached: 1289944245563.jpg (251x251, 7K)

Too insulting to be reddit. After The Long Night episode he released a vid where he says "fuck you D&D" during 45 minutes, that was relieving.

Screencap this.

Euron kills Jamie Lannister for obvious reasons.
Cersei kills Daenerys, her dragon, and John putting an end to the Targaryens and dragons.
Clegane kills the Mountain.
The golden company betrays Cersei.
Sansa and Yara Greyjoy team up and kill cersei.

Sansa destroys the iron throne and creates a republic.

If you have two armies of equal size it makes perfect sense to put your infantry outside the walls. They are immune to flanking because their back is secure. They can be safely and easily relieved with reserve troops from the gatehouse. The entire length of walls can be manned with archers who will have the best possible angle to hit the enemy. If the infantry starts to fail, they can fall back into the city, the archers will be relieved to the towers, and the fight will continue on the walls.

All good defenses rely on stages to fall back to once your troops start to lose order. City walls are only a single stage, so you have to treat the ground outside as the first stage.

I watched 30 seconds of it and it screams reddit. the fact that you don't seem to notice that says some thing about you. disgustig.

Why build walls if you are not gonna use them?

It happens.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Plains_of_Abraham#Battle

Nice pilpul, now accept that a big rock dropped from 100s of meters will destroy anything underneath it.

Have sex.

Why didn't Arya just snipe Cersei from distance?

>What is the battle of the black gate
>what is the battle of pelennor fields

Looks like just the GC. Don't have to pay dead mercenaries.

>They are immune to flanking because their back is secure

>Dropping a rock from 100s of meters will make it go to the center of the planet
get your shit together

> Orcs sallied out because they had a clear numerical advantage
> Cavalry arrives at siege in progress.

Modern warfare doesn't count.
They should just have written it (cleverly hohoho) in a way that they both have to fight asap. "We can't stage/survive a siege because we are losing the support of blablabla".

Why would any army ever fight a battle against an equally sized force? Why would an equal sized force ever not use the massive defenders advantage that fortified walls gives them? That's retarded. You're retarded.

Fuck rocks, drop big logs. Dead and festering cows will do too.

But user, the castle walls are not the centre of the planet. Please try and keep up.

HAHAHAHAH

Attached: 1557127395023.webm (1280x720, 3M)

Is THAT supposed to be King's Landing?
It looks like fucking Qarth or Casterly Rock

what's underneath the castle walls? If A is above B and B is above C is A not also above C? So if the rock dropped from 100s of meters destroys everything underneath it surely that continues until there's nothing underneath it

>Keep the doors open
>That way Daenarys must fry her own subjects to get to me
>Never fucking mind, I'm standing here on top of the fucking wall
Brilliant planning, brilliant script and brilliant deliver.

Are they fighting in Dorne?

Thank you for agreeing it destroys the castle walls.
Now let's argue something else

One good volley by the archers would have ended the rebellion. But it's Dabid'n'Dabider, so no.

Attached: Kyoko ehh.jpg (515x515, 50K)

In real life, a trebuchet was 3x the range of a ballista. The offending army would obliterate the walls, the towers and the scorpions before the army even came within view.

No, they all teleported to Qarth in order to reduce the tax obligations to Kings Landing

So, turn Drogon into one (1) slow firing catapult? Brilliant.

both had good reasons for the way they were portrayed.

Because you don't understand battles or fortifications. Mass casualties only occur when one side breaks and loses their formation, and even then casualties are small without cavalry to mop up.
It is completely common for armies to fight at the base of city walls. Fortifications are about staging fights in areas where attrition is higher on the attackers because of elevated archers and then retreating to the next layer when your troops start to break.
Once a wall is taken you have to fall back to the next defense. If you stay behind the walls the enemy will eventually maneuver their ladders to a spot in on the walls where your defenses are weakest. Most of the army will stay out of range of your archers until a section of wall is secure. Falling back once the walls are taken is essentially the end of the siege when you're defending a city. Your men might fall back to the fortress but now your enemy gets to sack the town.

You’re the worst type of person to argue with

Why dont the balistas just snipe the leaders right at that moment ? Honestly, Jon, Davos and Tyrion are all just standing there, and they are clearly in charge lmao....god this season...

you mean someone who's right?

are these people actually hostile to one another?

>It is completely common for armies to fight at the base of city walls
Name a few, then.

Yes, they do that a lot in got. Like every major battle is them abandoning their fortified position to fight outside. I never get it and it seems really dumb to me.

How many fucking repeats of this shot have we had in this show?

Attached: lazy.png (952x495, 435K)

>"We cannot avoid action; the enemy is entrenching, he already has two pieces of cannon. If we give him time to establish himself, we shall never be able to attack him with the troops we have."
And he gives a good reason for it. GOT takes place in a medieval world and they don't have cannons

AN ARMY OF RETARDS ON AN OPEN FIELD

GODS I WAS SMART THEN

Lmao that’s why

You’re so obsessed with being right it’s sad. Half of the shit you’ve said is just trying to make the other user seem stupid plus they’re terrible exaggerations on common vernacular. Just sounds elitist as Elton Johns

the other user is stupid though, i don't need to make them seem it

Not him, but at the Battle of Antioch, Bohemond led the crusaders outside of the city to fight the encroaching Turks.

I'm sorry buy am the only person that has ever heard of a vanguard? You leave a division of troops just outside your gates to prevent the enemy from using siege equipment like battering rams or ladders for as long as possible.

But user, Bohemond WAS the besieger during the siege of Antioch. He had to sally out because he was in a newly conquered hostile city.

>the other user is stupid though, i don't need to make them seem it
>I don’t need to make them seem it
>seem it

You’re not making him “seem” stupid. You literally just said it.
Big baby retard

You put a scorpion on the fore and aft of every ship, 50-100 ships, a sizeable volley isn't really that peculiar.

do the ballistas only have one shot or...?

You're making an ass of yourself.

Dany just needs to wait until a no moon dark night and light up the walls. Problem solved.

walls or other defensive positions are force multipliers, allowing an outnumbered force to inflict more casualties and to delay the enemy force for longer than what would be possible without them. Successfully assaulting a prepared position requires at least twice the number of attackers than defenders to have any chance. In this case the two forces are of equal numbers, meaning if the defending force would use the defensive advantage of their walls they'd have an even greater chance of successfully repelling the enemy force than if they engaged in the open field. In an open field battle there is no limit to the possible area of contact between the opposing forces. When you're assaulting walls the area of contact is drastically reduced to the assaulting points, meaning the defender can concentrate their forces more efficiently and keep more of their own force in reserve. There's a reason why most sieges in history were about starving the enemy out; assaulting the walls was extremely costly, even against outnumbered foes.

Are you guys fucking retarded? This is the one decision they made that makes sense. You sally out to break a siege before it begins and before the city is starved out. Once you give up the field, you can't effectively sally out and break the siege anymore.

The prince that was promised

I feel like y'all are ignoring this post , my behavior is completely warranted and acting in kind

nigger, look at the encroaching army, LOOK AT IT!
Its a bitch in a dress and 30 faggots, they aren't climbing shit

how the fuck does a dragon get flanked by sea ships?

just fucking fly 1 mile in the air and scout it all

Why does winterfell look like a barn compared to kings landing ?

>why is cersei placing her army outside of the walls just like the retards did in ep3?

Turn your brain off

Have sex

Attached: 1556652080979.png (194x192, 108K)

What are you on about, the men fighting in Minas Tirith were behind the city walls, only the Rohirrim and Aragorn's group were outside because they came to help later.

Attached: lotr1-movie-screencaps.com-3977.jpg (1920x800, 205K)

>what, did you expected the greek camping outside of Troy for decades in the movie too?
I expected something better, but considering Dabid was involved in that movie as well, I get it had to have some schlock in it.

And what happens if your army is routed? Do you open the gates to allow for their retreat, or do you keep them shut to prevent the ennemies from getting in? But that means your soldiers will be slaughtered right in front of your eyes and the eyes of the defenders, not great for moral. That's why sallying out to meet an enemy force is viable, but historically you'd sally days in advance and meet the enemy far from the city.
That way, you protect the crops around the city, you allow for your troops to organize a retreat if need be, and you have time to prepare an emergency defense of the city should the battle go wrong. There is absolutely no reason to fight a battle right in front of the walls in most cases.

it's a joke you twat

>no extra spears for the ballistas
>no ladder or stairs for men to go up or down from the ballista spot
and how do they even work? there's no seat or place for the shooter to aim or see where the spear is shot towards

There is no need, to have the dragon in this shot. It makes it so, so stupid. Why wouldn't they just all aim at the dragon and kill it right there? They could end it all. There is no way in any hell, they would NOT all fire, on the biggest """"threat""" to them, right now.

Just turn your brain off, dragons and zombies and magic dude.

If it's a portcullis you just close it when your troops are done coming in. No army is going to try chasing a fleeing force into the gatehouse anyway. If you don't approach in an ordered line with shields you're just going to die to archers.

>the retards did in ep3?
They won though ;-)

Kings landing has never looked consistent

The beaches Stannis landed on vanished after the battle of Blackwater and the city was shown as its walls being built right on the water

The handles and the crosshair are underneath the contraption, and there's an opening in the stand that you can see through.

ahh yes

Attached: S05E06_-_King%27s_Landing.jpg (1920x1080, 415K)

Jesus christ. I knew something was off with the setting.

There's so many things that have been pre-established in the series that have been contradicted in this past season. When I think of Kings Landing, I think of this sea-side city surrounded by lush forest - not a barren wasteland desert.

DUDE WINTER LMAO

That's the kind of thing that only works in Hollywood.

maybe from the other angle theres a massive wasteland behind those couple of trees?

this looks like it's from a late 90s FMV game

it was a bad joke

hills deflate in the winter and become plains
they grow again in spring
learn biology you retard

Test

> "YOU DON'T HAVE TO DIE LIKE THIS CERSEI!!"

Attached: 72-good-men.png (1911x1044, 3.75M)

based

but euron was shown on the back of it, aiming down just like how you do with a crossbow

Attached: Screenshot_3.png (1644x1666, 2M)

welcome back

The ammo is a whole flight of stairs away. You can see it in the corner. Why? Is it fucking explosive?

why didn't the north use a balista with dragonglass pointed spear to take out the night king?

Attached: 1466011000802.png (952x690, 1.17M)

based testanon

Based & redpilled

Same reason they defended a castle from outside the castle. And gathered 1000 logs for a funeral pyre instead of defenses against an army of zombies.

Because this show is written by retards.

>have to drop a rock every 2.8 minutes for 24 hours to achieve this goal. more likely 1.4 over 12 hours, which means the dragon is going to be fucking tired.
Kys you antisemitic holocaust denying fuck

>and how do they even work?

Attached: 1557152399252.jpg (770x952, 206K)

>Why? Is it fucking explosive?
there is literally only one scorpion, the rest are all copy pasted CGI. These fucks don't think its walking dead tier production

draw the men standing on top of each other to look down the sights

well...you see...winter uhh, completely changed the trees, water, and city.

I was mocking the morons claiming winter as the cause of the change in scenery you incredibly dull and retarded idiot, how do you even function on a daily basis.

They're anti-aircraft weapons. If they were lower to the ground they couldn't get a higher angle.

Tbh it looks like miniatures to me, but that's probably more credit than this production deserves

Then they're either utterly useless otherwise, or they need some kind of ramp/ladder/stand for a man to climb up and fire at ground-level targets.

dont forget that a bunch of ships magened to anbush dragons that fly i can see them why before anything even can happen

How did anyone who had any fighting skill die when even Sam survived getting swarmed by dozens of zombies?

yeah and when to another and after that they did it during too far lmfao, stupid.

This is how Cersei will lose. The dragon will talk into the city.

somebody tell me why this wouldnt work

Attached: literallythissimple.png (1090x663, 17K)

They are definitely cut and pasted cg models
>This is how Cersei will lose. The dragon will talk into the city.
>at last, I have become both a Song of Ice and Fire AND a Game of Thrones

My God she trapped the archers up there, no wonder they refused to shoot they must me malnourished.

golden company will join jon because they were exiled during an inbred civil war and they've sworn to fight for the rightful king

the show is fucking stupid

JUST FLY HIGH IN THE AIR TO SCOUT and you can't get shot by a fucking ballista

it can't aim completely vertical

Remember when Dany legit pulled a spear out one of the dragons on her own last season?

Now they die in 3 hits.

>My Queen
>The enemy force is in range of our Ballista, should we fire repeatedly killing them all?
No... no, let them come
>oh... er... ok?

rajesh is that you?
or are you having a stroke?

or go over the ballista dorp a big rock literally no risk involved

the town has a no fly zone restriction
its called KING's landing, not queen's landing

They'll join Sansa and her coop actually after they negotiate with Vary's & Tyrion.

There was the siege and then, later, the battle. Two different events. Bohemond took the city and then sallied out afterwards when an enemy force came to take it back.

>so many people fucking hyped for S8
>with a bit of common sense it could be realy cool finale
>instead it feels like they had so many retarded ideas and decided it was not only time for one, no, it had to be ALL of them.

They seriously are shoveling their own grave with this season.

Read the last part of my post again, you dumb nigger.

there are more than one scorpion

they don't give a fuck, they know the gravy train is over and people will watch regardless of quality

That's how they could have dealt with the fleet.

tormund and the free folk and yara with her ships arrive just in time, also Stannis

but the Trojans deploy their infantry outside the walls too, its actually pretty effective because it keeps the enemy engaged while archers on the walls pick them off.

you niggers are so fucking stupid

Those things can't aim down so literally just walk the dragon up to the walls and burn everything from underneath
Dragons are immune to arrows right?

You are aware the episode is directed by the same guy that made episode 3, right?

You can't be this ignorant unless you were doing it on purpose.

Not really, LOTR was epicer

SIege of Antioch took place from 21 October 1097 to 2 June 1098. Kerbogha arrived on the 3rd and began a siege with Bohemond defending, on the 7th, which went until the 28th of June, when Bohemond sallied out. It was two different events, shit-for-brains.

Cersei has larger army, the advantage of being the defender and dozens of dragon killer weapons. The only way the writers can make her lose is by making her clinically retarded

Attached: acting.png (521x575, 446K)

It's historically attested, whether or not it was the best decision. The Athenians decided to hole up behind their walls during the Peloponnesian War and, despite having an open port through the Piraeus, many died of a devastating plague because everyone was brought in from the countryside and packed into a relatively small city. People knew of things like this and feared a siege more than anything, so they would fight outside the walls whenever possible. Others either didn't know or didn't care, so they holed up behind the city walls, but no siege is the same and the decisions made are not constant across every scenario.

Why did they kill that one dragon off like it's nothing?
Is this what "subverting my expectations" feels like? So dragons don't matter at all anymore?

How the FUCK do you even hit a flying target on that distance with a fucking ballista? Bronn's shot in S7 made 100 times more sense as that dragon came flying directly at him

Attached: 1523887879152.jpg (563x503, 21K)

your army doesnt rout because it has nowhere to rout to, they fight until the last man
see this is where D&D actually know what they're doing and you're all a bunch of idiots, cersi knows that the dragon is the problem and might cause a rout, so she presents a situation in which her men must fight while also covering them with ballista

>They seriously are shoveling their own grave with this season.
There are no consequences for things this big and flush with money. It doesn't matter if it is good, or if people are disappointed.

Okay let's step back a minute.
Assuming cersei has every side of the city covered, just how many ballistas are there?
George RR Martin says King's landing is larger than Paris, but let's give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he's exaggerating. Paris is 40.7 square miles, we'll say King's Landing is 40. This would mean the walls of KL are roughly 14 miles around. Judging by the pictures posted, the ballista are roughly 25 feet apart, put again we'll be generous and double that.

14 miles = 73920 feet
73920 / 50 = 1478.4

Cersei made 1500 ballistas

Attached: burger.jpg (600x683, 33K)

>Should we kill her and her dragon instantly winning the War my Queen?
NO! AYYYYY LMAO XD LETS HAVE A WAAAAAAR

You can barely see a trapdoor on the lower platform

Lol just close of the roads and let her be the queen of the seven city districts. While the rest of Westeros is run from Dragonstone. The dragon can still control the minor lords.

Euron made the largest fleet ever known to men in like one episode, and there weren't even any fucking trees on his islands lmao

Just turn off your brain.

>Still refuses to read the last part of my post
>Still manages to get the facts completely wrong because he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about
The initial siege was still ongoing in June as the citadel was still resisting the crusaders just as the Turks first mounted an attack on the walls, all the way through to when Bohemond sallied with the Holy Lance.
More importantly and to the point, Antioch was depleted of any supplies due to the first siege and the crusaders were between two hostile forces. They had to sally out as it was an exceptional situation.

Attached: 1546992058938.png (540x480, 204K)

The decision to ayo hol up my niggas is usually based on the expectation of relief arriving. If no one is coming it is the worst thing to do, unless the besieging army is at the end of their rope or otherwise needs things to end quickly in which case you can outlast them despite being trapped.

>have three dragons
>make use of them as if they are one dragon
It doesn't make any difference. She never spread them out to patrol a larger area or control two places at the same time.

>not just obliterating the whole opposition with their 50 ballista and army

Did you even read my post? I was arguing for the fact that sallies are viable, but you sally days in advance to meet the enemy far away from your city.

>have sex poster is an incultured swine

>not mounting a ballista on the dragon and sniping off the other ballisatas with height advantage
kek this is textbook stuff

Attached: get fucked.jpg (1920x1080, 517K)

Yes, I know why they sallied out. Maybe if you figured out that I was responded to >name a few (battles that took place outside of walls)

Please refer to: Jonathan Simon Christopher Riley-Smith; Jonathan Riley-Smith (1 April 2003). The First Crusade and Idea of Crusading. Continuum. p. 59. ISBN 978-0-8264-6726-3,

and blow it out your ass

Lol this scene

user, it's too late to bring up sources when you've already shown you don't know what happened and claim the siege was over when the Turks arrived.

People were mad at the dragon meta so they nerfed their HP, they were too strong ass off-tanks, now they're basically slightly tougher DPS.

what is with shitty ballista, those things dont generate any power, thats why nobody in history every fucking used them, just give euron a fucking canon he got from the far east

why stand so close to the wall? just surround it and bombard it with trebuchets for weeks

I acknowledge that I made a mistake and then went to look for reference. In turn, I take it you're blowing this out your ass. Have a nice day!

Imagine typing this

Attached: 1552918077437.gif (640x360, 1.85M)

You forget that every single ship in Euron's fleet seems to have one as well.

Or you could just fly straight into the ballistas

You too. No need to be petty over this.

Even easier, wait for night and set the walls on fire. No one can hit the dragon at night.

When was the last time you saw a vagina IRL?

>read my post again, you dumb nigger
>no need to be petty
Hmmm.

>Rolling Rock
Based strawman fedorabro

>get drogon to fly real high
>nose dive towards wall
>warthog fire the fuck out of all the balistas
>circle back around and kill all the GC
ez pz

Yeah but they were being besieged an found the holy lance and God himself lead an army of saints in the battle. At the same time thé Muslims were cunts and back stabbed each other

This isn’t the same thing. More of the ‘ride out with me’ from Helms Deep

why don't they just have Arya sneak her way to Cersei and assassinate her? should be a piece of cake for her

Did Euron find it weird that Tyrion already knew Cersei was pregnant

muh super spies will explain that for sure

>getting flustered over being called a nigger
>not petty

youtube.com/watch?v=PIYVwqHM488
All the answer we need about the scorpions

True enough, but it was one of the few examples I could think of from off the top of my head without some deep search.

>muh little birds tell me..

I never claimed not to be petty, user!

touche

For real, thanks for keeping me honest and looking to verify. Cheers.

I thought Tyrion knew because Jaime told him. Euron would be pretty mad, he should have had a reaction at least.

>That's basically the movie Troy though
Because Benioff was also a writer for " Troy ". So he is doing this retarded shit in every of his movies

turn off your brain

I love how everyone became a military strategist overnight after episode 3 aired.

>I thought Tyrion knew because Jaime told him
Yes but I mean Cersei is probably going to tell Euron there are spies in the castle because of Varys but I doubt he will even ask about it.

tits too big

I love how you became a retarded faggot after your birth

I love how hard you are seething after getting called out on your bullshit

sounds like a dumb strategylet trying to cope honestly.

>scene of a 2 meter long bulky woman crying like a baby

based brienne

You quote me yet you are describing yourself. I'm laughing at you.

>all the main characters get hit with a ballista bolt to the face
>Cersei remains queen of the seven kingdoms
>the end

God DAMNIT these fucking writers are beyond retarded.

>not realizing Euron positioned his ships strategically to establish "continuously targeted fire"
ok I get it now. ty based user def not a weaboo faggot

Attached: 1552521235766.png (543x443, 24K)

embellishing a "no u" doesn't make it any less of a no u, you know?

>and creates a republic.

Attached: 1531308076290.jpg (595x421, 47K)

You don’t need to be a brilliant tactician to find issue with the strategy utilized in the episode.

they are gonna "break the wheel" 'cause the show is written by faggots
I just want to see the sea peoples appear on the horizon and destroy all of westeros

The green quickfire shit they used to kill the priests is going to kill half of danys army just watch

Dont forget the dragon was hit twice.
>second gunner plans a lower shot to hit the falling dragon
Precision.

ITT

Attached: frodo.jpg (600x599, 45K)

>The only way the writers can make her lose
Arya teleports behind her

Arya was on horseback so should have arrived before the army.

She could have easily killed Cersei right there where she was out in the fucking open.

My issue is with people watching a video about it and parroting whatever they hear in an embarrassing attempt to give credence to their issue, stumbling over their words because they clearly have no fucking clue what they're talking about.
>muh cavalry in the front
Shut the fuck up. Makes me fucking cringe.

>Twice
Three times in a row actually

That wasn't the army, that was functionally a bodyguard and what was left of the portion of their forces being transported by sea. I don't know how they managed to regroup, build a new ship, and set off again so fast, but the army is with Jon and presumably on the king's road somewhere.

Where are the fields? What do they eat?

yo wtf she actually brought her dragon ? how dense is this bitch ?

But the calvary charge was stupid. Could have been reasonable if it was against a human army, not when you're facing the dead who add any losses to themselves.

She's as stupid as Cersei so it's one gigantic clusterfuck of SHIT FUCKING WRITING

Some of the best scenes of the show were in the first 3 seasons and usually consistent of nothing besides two (or more) characters exchanging dialogue while one of them was doing something like skinning a deer or writing a letter.

Now every episode consists of giant CGI armies repeatedly respawning and clashing in incredibly goofy and absurd ways

Attached: 1517324320268.gif (280x302, 3.75M)

>he doesnt now the big reveal

That on the walls wasnt Cersei it was Arya wearing her face and provoking Dany so that Jon can be King

Why didn't Dany just fly above the ships and burn them all down? Ballista couldn't shoot that way. Hell, she could've just circled around them and burned them from behind if she insisted so much on staying within their range so much. But for the sake of it let's assume they also had ballistas on the back of the ships

Why does nobody talk about Arya killing the Night King?

Why didn't just Jon tell Arya and Sansa that he's not a Stark?

Why did Jon make Bran tell who Jon really is and cut to the next scene right before he was about to say it?

What was Dany hoping to achieve showing with a handful of unsullied and with her last dragon in the range of ballistas after she had one of her dragons killed by one of those?

How did Bronn just get to walk to Winterfell with a crossbow in his hand?

Why didn't Jaime just flip the table or jump on Bronn after he shot his crossbow?

Where the fuck was Qyburn after the black chick got executed?

So many things that didn't make sense in this episode. Enjoyable, regardless (besides Jaime doing a 180 after everything that just happened)

Attached: 1554367344856.png (1348x758, 790K)

> still a better plot

>Why didn't Dany just fly above the ships and burn them all down?
To create tension for the next episode we already know its going to happen.

> Enjoyable, regardless
cringe

The acting was good, but the worse than fan fic tier writing ruins it

The feast scene was fucking great

fun fact, almost every iconic, or well written and acted scene from the first 3 seasons are almost directly lifted from the book

and to counter that, almost every one of the worst, most retarded and logic defying scenes in the show are always pure fiction made up by DnD.

woah expectations subverted

is this COPE?

black gate was a suicide mission, the orcs were clearly going to win so they didn't need walls
for plennor fields in the initial minas tirith siege the gondorians stayed behind the walls the whole time and the only reason plennor fields was fought outside the walls was because the cavalry showed up late

LOTR was pg-13 trash, fuck off trolls.

What the fuck bros

This is the 2nd time one of Dany's dragons gets hit by a Scorpion

You'd think she would've learned how to avoid them by now, but instead she just charges head on and pulls up at the last second

What is this writing

it is really sad, you think because you're retarded, everyone else has to be

They managed to make some original content in the early seasons. Cersei and Bobby B talking about Lyanna was pretty good and Catelyn talking about the time Jon was sick as a baby gave me some sympathy for Cat which I had never really experienced in the books. They just stopped giving a shit after season 3.

Near the end of Episode 3 it looked like only about 20 people were left alive in Winterfell. And they were going down fast.

We also found out that a large spear fired from a ballista about a half mile away has enough force to blast huge chunks out of a ship. They do ten times more damage than a cannonball

when dany is riding a dragon, does she control it like a horse, or can she really only give it basic commands, or is she just along for the ride while they do what they want? i'm trying to figure out if the dragons are just retarded or if she is somehow still shit at riding her dragons after doing it for supposedly years

Attached: 1547266957598.jpg (639x479, 27K)

Attached: BeFunky-collage (3).jpg (2000x3000, 3.02M)

>what, did you expect the show that prides itself on being realistic to follow some basic logic?
yes I did

>fleet ambush
Has this, in reported history, ever happened?

>Arya was on horseback so should have arrived before the army.

No. Arya can only travel half the day and horses don't walk much faster than humans. She isn't galloping the whole way. The ships can sail 24/7, even at night in the open sea, and faster than walking pace if the wind is good.

Seriously this. Made no fucking sense, Jon is 2 weeks away but apparently cersei is the one about to get rekt. Fuck this show

Having the walls as CGI in the background is cheaper than having people actually fight on ladders and battlements as well as having all the siege equipment.

why are they whispering?

Christ you are retarded. People like you always resort to arguing semantics and it just looks so bad.

It's easier to film 10 people so they went with that.

So, wasn't the dragon perfectly in range of those ballistas right here? Why not start shooting? It's not like Dani is going to do shit with her 50 guys standing around in a field.

I literally turned off my brain to enjoy it. The Ep3 just broke me

>people didn't actually read and just assumed it was a continuation of

retard

Actually in character for cersei. she's dumb as shit. Granted, the golden company are probably going to show up and rapefuck jon's army but whatever. Arya is just going to kill Cersei anyways.

dialogue between arya and tywin were good

cause they are perverts

I think you can clearly see in the latest episode Dany pulling one of his scales or whatever for her dragon to turn right, but she's just dumb and lets her dragons get hit over and over by fucking scorpions

She didn't learn shit from season 7 where Bronn shot one of her dragons with the same goddamn thing

>Dany has no artillery besides her single goddamn dragon dipshit.
You realise they could build the trebuchet on site right?

After ep3 i was really mad, now i'm just tired and i want it to end.

I stopped caring.

Most of her army is made out of sand niggers who can't into siege weapons

that would literally take weeks to build. jk it would be ready next day

You would think the regular archers would start shooting everything right now since Dani is pretty far away from her dragon that someone would kill her long before she had a chance at getting to it

>it took him this long to turn off his brain

Why are they pretending like they didn't show literally everyone except the named characters die in episode 3?

But what if they had four ovens and had to dispose of 2,000,000 bodies that each took an hour to fully cremate?

I bet they also forgot about siege weapons and will just charge the walls like retards and get slaughtered.

So are those 60 guys her surviving half of the Unsullied? Were there only 120 of them from the start of episode 3?

Until its pointed out to you that tywin had a noble girl from the north and just has her be a cupbearer and leaves without doing anything with her

God these ballistas fucking pissed me off. The center of the gravity of the bolt is obviously near the tip. The bolt would shoot downward into the fucking ground after a hundred meters. You can't generate a massive amount of momentum by applying the force so god damn far away from the CoG. Especially with the tip being likely triple or quadruple the weight of the shaft. Yet some fucking pirate can shoot a hit a moving target three times that is a half mile in the air. Someone recruit this man into be an There is a reason why anti-aircraft artillery focuses on shots in rapid succession; cause it is inaccurate as fuck.

It’s magic. There.

I like your depiction of Daenerys.

>Tyrion tells Cersei that he knows about the baby inside her
>Assuming Euron isn't as dumb as he looks, he realizes that the baby isn't his

Is there even the slightest doubt anymore that Euron will be the one to kill Cersei?

Its the patrician siege defense.

Attached: lew.jpg (2560x1440, 1.1M)

Just give me 20 good men.

You can see the extra ammo at the end of the shot. As for why it's so far away from the gun, ask Dabid.

OK. You had your fun.
Take this garbage to Yea Forums. Last warning.

It couldn't be much of a stretch if Euron assumed they had some spies in the capital that found out Cersei was pregnant.

Actually, the fuck happened with Varys' almost internationally broad spy network? "Btw the Iron Fleet is sailing to ambush you" would've been a pretty easy secrete to find out considering he spied on Dany half a world away for 4 seasons.

Historically and canonically within GOT lore it's a precaution to deploy a mercenary company outside the walls of a location defended by the employer. Mostly because mercenaries are notoriously treacherous. This is where we meet the Second sons after all, camped outside the walls of Yunkai.

Attached: paddlin.jpg (480x360, 11K)

He did say loudly and often that he just wanted to fuck the queen.

That's actually a half decent explanation. A bunch of sell swords wouldn't have any reason to not start looting kings landing the moment the battle was lost.

I will point out that it makes no sense that there's no sign of a military camp outside the walls. There should at least be a living space set up for them and a defensible perimeter. Considering the history of the Golden Company, it is foolish to trust them within the city and it makes no sense to show no sign of them living outside of the city.

There are trap doors.

golden company has never broken a contract from what i recall.

HE DIDN’T FLY SO GOOD!

Attached: 66891BD9-BA53-4277-BF43-DB39E9E9A3D1.jpg (3464x3464, 681K)

Yes. That is their reputation in Essos. Their founder however was from a bastard line of Targaryans.
>Blackfyre
And he vowed vowed on their founding that they would return to Westeros as conquerors. Since then they've accepted Westerosi exiles who wished to reclaim their ancestral lands. Jorah Mormont was one of them before we decided to ride for Daenarys I'm pretty sure.

kek

>Waiting for the Deus Ex Machina from Dorne to help THA YAAAS QUEEN.

And Tormund's Free Folk
And Yara's navy
And Daario's Second Sons
And Gendry's army from across the Reach and the Stormlands

Attached: 1550047729114.gif (430x600, 3.09M)

Book will probably be some unconscious minor warging. (Not even aware you are doing it but the rider and dragons thoughts are in sync).

Show doesn't matter because EpIC KwEEeeN sLAY.

and they broke their contract with Volantis to sail to Westeros.

Only in the show, in the books he was with the Second Sons for a moment.

>we
meant *he* but my autism is making me type too fast

army of the dead would not have had a fucking chance against this hahahahahah
based Cersie

...in the books...

Would be interesting if they won the first battle outside KL and immediately turned on Cersei and took the city. I'll be a bit disappointed if they are honestly supporting Cersei.

the yas queen meme is annoying
but she is a qt

Yeah because we know how effective that would be without Dragonglass....