I don't know what these characters' problem is. Office work sounds pretty comfy desu...

I don't know what these characters' problem is. Office work sounds pretty comfy desu. I'd much rather work there than continue to do fast food or retail.

Attached: office space.jpg (337x500, 34K)

i work in an office and we have these no-privacy half cubicle walls so I dont get any privacy any more. its hard browsing Yea Forums at work these days

Do you work for a private or public company? I work at a community college and we get the full sized cubes. Though they track our browsing history and our superiors get *dinged* if we go to any "banned" sites like YouTube. I got shit for having stand up comedy play in the background while I was working simply because it was on the tube, tab wasn't even open.

College will be tuition free if you vote Trump out of office

you are so wrong its painful.
i work in office fir a year now and while there are positive changes in my life (getting fit, getting a gf) they are mostly due to me having money and not being an absolute neet but the toll it takes on your mental health is not worth it. I can go to work and just shitpost on Yea Forums all day and when we will have a weekly sync meeting I will just say the task is taking more time than I expected and no one cares. you are literally nothing in the system. now that I think about it fight club is a good movie, can relate

>and when we will have a weekly sync meeting I will just say the task is taking more time than I expected and no one cares.
this is absolutely true
>t. software developer

Why don't you use your extra time and money to focus on improving yourself and hobbies? Start exercising, eating and cooking better, learn how to make something out of wood, give your girlfriend a nice hard fuck with all that extra time and energy. You have a better life than 90 percent of America, don't throw it away dude.

It is better than retail overall but in many ways worse. Office work is truly soul consuming.

I work 50 hour weeks most weeks and I have zero resentment for neets or people on disability, sometimes I actually hope I have a workplace accident where my back gives out just so I don't have to fucking work anymore.

People mock neets like they're missing out on something but working sucks and you lose a little more of whatever it is that makes you human every time you clock in. I know I do at least.

I am that lazy
I wake up an hour before work fuck my gf if she goes to uni that day go to work spend most of my day browsing Yea Forums code for an hour max go home buy some food on my way home take a shower then we play some shit like apex watch a movie fuck and go to sleep
and on weekends I dont even take a shower

I'm a software developer and it's comfy when there's enough work to keep me busy without being overwhelming. Problem is I'm either at 200% working late every day desperately trying to keep up with deadlines. Or there's literally not enough work to do and I have to spend most of the day trying to look busy for everyone in my shitty open office floor plan. Either way it's soul crushing

It's really not that hard to pretend to work, just have an excel sheet with a bunch of shit on it open and scroll through it for 8 hours.

>now that I think about it fight club is a good movie,
you are nob longer blue pilled, realising fight club is a good movie is a big step in removing your inner contrarian, you're still not red pilled though.
What do you do specifically btw?

software developer
specifically android middleware

i fucking miss fast food, not the pay though
>order comes in
>make order expediently
>congratulations, not only have you done your job but you've excelled at it

life was so simple. now i could screw up something because a policy changed without my knowledge and it's impossible to know until 3 months later when it's too late to do anything about it and it's not even a learning experience because that same errant policy changed twice again in those 3 months

i haven't felt effective or successful at a job in almost a decade despite making more than i ever have before

protip: read your emails

It was the 90’s people has nothing serios to bitch about

you aren't lazy, you're drained. the job might not be physically or mentally taxing but the act of being there and 'doing' the job registers as 'work' to your subconcious just as much as learning another language or building a shed does. you are trained to want recreation after 'work' regardless of the work.

the trick is to make shit like coding, learning, building register as recreation. it's a huge mental hurdle but i've seen it overcome (though i still haven't managed personally)

I just hide in the bathroom for 20 minutes at my office, no one cares

my team isn't in the "all company" email list and we have to either have stuff sent to us specifically or manually reread a shit ton daily.

the company is run by women so it's a disaster. they all live 4 hrs away in a big city and any town with an office they deem 'small' is routinely ignored except when it comes to dole out punishment and criticism

again, pay is fantastic though, and the hours+location are perfect so its more of a gripe than a full blown complaint

i used to do IT work for a huge office building. if i hit up every bathroom for 10 mins a day i wasted an hour and a half. since nobody left their office nobody saw me go into their nearby washroom more than once a day. the one time someone noticed and mentioned i said i had a stomach condition and they actually told me not to hurry so much while i'm in there then (lol)