What is dragon ball and is it worth checking out in 2019?

What is dragon ball and is it worth checking out in 2019?

Attached: 34721283b524f2ca8518872538578eadc60fc575_hq_1.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

Bump

Yes

No. Dragon Ball was decent if not completely juvenile, but DBZ is good for exactly one arc and then it goes straight to shit. Super is an abomination.

Watch dragon ball for some silly perverted fun times

Dont watch anything else though, goes entirely up its own ass regarding power levels, mid fight exposition, and it loses a ton of its humor and charm after the original

The original Dragon Ball was great. Also DBZ until Freezer arc

Fuck off to the correct board with your weebshit.

Bump

It's meh, if you like anime and fight scenes it's good. Dragon Ball is better in terms of character development than DBZ but DBZ is cooler

Sure, watch Dragon Ball, then watch Dragon Ball Kai, it's a no-filler version of DBZ (altho it has worse music somehow).
You can watch Dragon Ball GT, too, it has its moments but it's not canon, I don't remember much about it anymore.
Dragon Ball Super is OK but make sure to watch it without filler, just google DB super filler guide or something like that.
And then the Broly Movie

Read the manga

Attached: 1494350081748.png (555x654, 528K)

Yes. DBZ is the greatest action cartoon in history.
Don't listen to weeb faggots, don't bother with Dragon Ball. Dragonball Z is where the real shit starts, and so much changes between the shows, it doesn't matter that you are entering the story in the middle.
I'd recommend the original version, but the newer Kai version might be more approachable and is basically the same (just without filler).

You should check it out.Its not for everyone and if you are older than 15 lets say you will probably not like it.I love this show though even if it has many faults

It was a big part of my childhood but I probably wouldnt watch it now if I never watched it then

it was completely something different when cartoon network started showing it and it hooked you in

>Don't bother with DB
Only if you don't care about the LORE
You miss out on so much when you skip DB, you need to form that connection with Goku, Bulma, Master Rochie and Krillin before entering dbz

>Only if you don't care about the lore
Of plot, or character development, or context

Only skip DB if you are the kind of person who would skip the first Godfather movie because "2 is where it gets good"

Dragonball 1986 is. Nothing else.

Literally only good for kids. Completely boring and garbage show

only if you're underage

depends on if you want to be an entry level weeb or not. I’m digging it so far, even though it’s clearly made for children.
it’s given me more to talk about with what few friends I have left, since everyone has seen the anime except me.

I'd probably hate it if I didn't watch it as a kid. I'd recommend watching Kai if you do watch dbz. Start at Dragonball stop at the end of Cell Saga.

Why are you afraid to make this on Yea Forums?

I’m up to #350 something.

Attached: A41A8D17-59B8-4016-926E-6B50A8381DB9.jpg (1206x750, 748K)

Its a cartoon that blacks seem to love for some reason. I've seen some proper gangstas turn into total nerds at the mention of it. It's really quite inexplicable.

why do you keep making this thread

I’ve noticed this too. any thoughts on what it is that appeals to them so much?

It's the same reason they love scarface.

>dude this show is so childish
Why? It's much more mature than Capeshit which clearly everyone here loves now

All those characters are introduced and changed in a way that it doesn't matter if you watched Dragon Ball. It literally starts with a complete overhaul of Goku's lore.
And Dragonball is overrated shit, you can tell because no one ever talks about any great moments just scream that
>YOU LACK CONTEXT!!
Piccolo is the only character that is confusing without knowing about DB, but you understand him quickly anyway

I haven't a clue.
The banging 80s soundtrack?

I don't trust Yea Forumss opinion

not trying to defend capeshit but dragon ball is childish even for anime standards

Attached: 1452559216832.jpg (777x709, 59K)

The adventure of a martial artist that does crazy shit to get stronger. Yes, definitely.

>Tien
>Korrin
>Kami
>The dragon balls in general including their rules
>How everyone's power works

No, DB is essential. If you don't watch it you won't experience DBZ the same way. DB has lots of fun moments and it slowly unfolds a world upon which DBZ is founded. I mean remember the first time master rochie is introduced and all those perverse jokes started coming? Or when Goku had to climb that big tower to meeet the talking cat with the sensu beans.
DB is actually quite funny and wholesome, more so than DBZ. Also DB is less popular and talked about because it never got aired on TV before DBZ (atleast to my memory). Only after DBZ became a hit did they dub DB (I think)

>Red ribbon army

This. Thank you. Part of what makes dragon Ball so enjoyable is the power scaling. One of the most fun aspects of the show is seeing the heroes go from battling humans, to monsters, to aliens, to gods. Removing the first 2 steps of that kinda wrecks the pacing. Not to mention all the missing context

I started watching the original Dragon Ball, I'm like halfway through ands its pretty comfy.
What do I watch next?

Z. Then Super, then GT. Don't let anyone convince you otherwise.

Sure, there's a bunch of films too. They worth watching?

>Advocating Super

>Watching GT

Just fucking no, even as a kid i thought it was total shit

They are fun, but not necessary in any way. None of them are canon until the most recent Broly movie. I recommend watching them if you are craving some more Z action when you hit the slow points of the show.

cheers

GT is actually quite enjoyable if you watch it as an inconsequential alternate ending. I think every fan should watch it just for the insane closure and definitive finale it gives to the series, which will no doubt continue for the rest of eternity

Super is fine after Resurrection F Saga

Watch DB and Z in Japanese. For Z pick the torrent floating around with the original broadcast audio. Or just read the manga.
Don't touch anything else it's all trash.

No.
Fuck no.
Watch the Funi DBZ from the 90's early 00's and nothing else.
The jap language version is cancer.
DB is fucking dull
DBGT is a shitshow
Super is..heartbreaking.

Also, Goku VS Frieza is thematically a terrible fucking fight and them continuously going to the well with it makes it even worse.

I literally cared about those LESS after reading DB. In Z I liked them already but I went into DB expecting to like them and Kuririn does literally fuck all and then dies. He's useless fodder like everyone but Goku in the original DB.

This post is 70% wrong. Can you tell what the mistakes are?

You're an embarassing faggot who's whoring for the sub trash tier jap voiced version and the terrible terrible terrible marketing fuck up that is super?

>There are people that honestly think GT is better than Super

Yikes

>DB '86 in Japanese
Do not, they permanently fucked up the jap audio somehow.

DB+DBZ is still the best adventure show ever. Rewatched all of it a few years ago and it was godlike. You need to be in touch with your manchild side at least a little bit in order to enjoy it though.
Also don't bother with GT or Super or the movies. Just the original story.

Alright then enjoy your inconsistency with english DB and japanese Z.
Unless you're unironically recommending FUNi's dub, nostalgiafag Am*rican

They're both garbage what the fuck is the point of discussing which is better

I’ve watched it since I was a kid.

DB is perfect, fun stories with a focus on martial arts with power coming into it later on.

DBZ is good, but it’s very bloated and some arcs aren’t as good as the others.

DBGT is kind of a mix of both, with it sharing the highs and lows of each of them.

Super is trash.

I wouldn’t recommend watching overall, even though I fucking love it. Also autists will tell you to watch it in Japanese, if you do watch it please watch in English.

Attached: FBB2278F-DB32-45EE-8B96-0D9A8BCD8C25.jpg (306x306, 23K)