Our supplies are low and our logistics couldn't afford a siege right now! Why don't we reorganise or troops and get...

>Our supplies are low and our logistics couldn't afford a siege right now! Why don't we reorganise or troops and get more supplies?
How can the truth undermine Danny's power? Why did she get so mad at this?

Attached: sansha.jpg (1400x1400, 290K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hindustantimes.com/tv/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-4-review-the-last-of-starks-neither-brienne-jaime-nor-an-orgy-can-save-this-one/story-lvZqLWfbcTbz5VhhMFmNiJ.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It was an obvious power play. Sansa's smug, belligerent attitude afterwards made that painfully obvious too. Some Machiavellian.

She's a dumbass.
All her generals gave her sound advice, yet she said fuck it!

They have to make Daenerys extra unlikeable so her becoming mad wont look like a total asspull(it obviously is though).

>legitimate point comes from someone I hate so i'll ignore it
tale as old as time

I completely agree with you on the surface, but:

1. D&D said in the behind that episode that Sansa has become Littlefinger and everything she does is just to destroy Dany, making it stupidly justified that Dany doesn't listen to her, since she would use this to destroy her and Sansa is apparently now motivated by crushing possible opponents even if her ideas sound good.

2. The Euron ambush would have happened anyway no matter how long they waited, probably with more pirate and damn magical dragon killing projectile weapons, so it made no difference.

3. Weren't Dany's forces actually returning to Dragonstone to rest anyway when the attack happened?

Basically Sansa is right but the shitty writing with Sansa as a schemer whose main goal is to destroy Dany makes listening to Sansa also a bad idea.

How the fuck did this show take such a sharp nosedive in quality and why the hell os no critic mentioning it?

This shit's embarrassing from every point of view possible. I hadn't watched it until last year, but the difference between the first 4 seasons and these later ones is staggering. How the hell are people still watching this crap. This should be a stain on the filmography of everyone who worked on it.

Attached: 1547498434573.jpg (499x665, 77K)

I'm betting that Sansa takes the Iron Throne with Jon as her husband.

1. Based

2&3: I don't understand why did they even consider the option of going on sea. I mean Dany at this point hasn't got any naval forces. She could just march South, demanding every lord on the way to bend the knee and then besiege KL. Attacking on sea at this point was totally retarded idea.

Attached: petyr.jpg (700x1283, 153K)

Gamespot reviewers didn't like episodes 3 and 4 for a lot of the same reasons people on Yea Forums don't.

>D&D said in the behind that episode that Sansa has become Littlefinger and everything she does is just to destroy Dany

you cannot be serious

What about seasons 5, 6 and 7? They are just as retardedly bad.

When even poo in loos know that the episode is shit, you just have to wonder how braindead or paid for American reviewers are.
hindustantimes.com/tv/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-4-review-the-last-of-starks-neither-brienne-jaime-nor-an-orgy-can-save-this-one/story-lvZqLWfbcTbz5VhhMFmNiJ.html

>How the fuck did this show take such a sharp nosedive in quality

they ran out of material from GRRM

that goes to show you what level of ''talent'' it takes to work in hollywood: the top screenwriters with multi million dollar budget shows cant even hold a candle to someone who is regarded as mediocre at best in the literary world

I wish I was joking, but they actually said that's their angle with her. Because I don't know what the fuck. So trusting Sansa is now retarded as much as trusting Littlefinger was retarded. No fucking idea what D&D were thinking.

>I don't understand why did they even consider the option of going on sea.

It's so their shitty Mary Sue pssssh nothin personal edgelord villain Euron can kill everybody and fuck things up despite it making no goddman sense, like their edgy Ramsay Sue completely wiped out all of Stannis' forces, character development, narrative arc and everything with 20 fucking dudes.

I don't know. I would guess they liked them. I don't even remember what happened in 5 or 6 though. Were those the ones adapting ADWD?

I would guess that the reviewer was probably different for those seasons too since they were so long ago.

Euron is the best sailor in the world and he commands the strongest fleet in Westeros.

Ramsay was a military genius.

Sansa was raised and groomed by Littlefinger to be his daughter/wife during the 3 months? she spent in the Vale. Apparently that was enough to turn her into Littlefinger.

How long ago did they start developing this anyway? GRRM originally planned a timeskip of like 5 years between ASOS and ADWD, and that might be long enough for Sansa to become like LIttlefinger, but with how it's changed since that first draft there's no way it makes sense.

They didn’t run of our material, they chose not to adapt certain storylines and portray characters wrongly. They had a shit ton of material to work with and it will never see the tv screen. They just wanted the show to end quickly and move on

Faking conflict between two characters by making one a complete moron in an argument is a classic hack move

What they've said behind the scenes doesn't mean shit. Like all books, TV shows and movies, if it cannot be adequately demonstrated by the work itself it is irrelevant. It's exactly the same as Rowling telling people Dumbledore enjoyed fitting entire oil lanterns in his ass. Unless you show it to us through the work - adequately - it means nothing.

her reaction is exactly like her brother's when he thought that the dothraki are stalling when it comes to making him king of Westeros

I agree and it's shitty/lazy writing but now that I know every time Sansa gives "advice" I'll think it's smart for the other character to ignore her since I know she's supposed to be up to no good shit now.

Yeah I agree. If this had gone on for years like I assumed in the books and was developed, fine it would work. Like a lot of storylines this season, developing this arc over years and multiple novels makes sense, doing in in two fucking days and a quarter of one episode or less is just stupid.

I stopped watching after rick and co left the prison

>D&D said in the behind that episode that Sansa has become Littlefinger and everything she does is just to destroy Dany

Attached: anigif_sub-buzz-4905-1477427541-2.gif (581x327, 3.72M)

All women hate each other and want to hurt other women more than anything else in the world for no reason. They are subhuman scum and vile creatures. This part is realistic.

Though other elements of Season 8 have been nonsensical, I've always said that Dany was too arrogant and power hungry. It blinds her.

Turn your brain on.
You see people say "turn your brain off", but in reality an intelligent watcher will look at those things and realize they are constrained by budget and writing mishaps.
Every show no matter the name will start to show wear and tear after this many seasons. The intelligent viewer knows to selectively ignore those flaws for his enjoyment.

>How the fuck did this show take such a sharp nosedive in quality and why the hell os no critic mentioning it?
I prefer this episode to last episode's hollyshit

>After getting ambushed by sea by the strongest navy in Westeros, twice, Danny and her genius advisors decide to take their transport ships passed where said navy is docked
>Nobody said this was a dumb idea
Tyrion, Sansa-finger, Varys, Vale-guy, Bran???, and Sam are supposed to be intelligent, but let this slip

MAD QUEEN

>it obvious is though
its not, this is the one thing that is even being telegraphed in the books, this particular plotline has GRRM all over it, the one thing that doesn't seem out of place in this season as it relates to characters personalities. How people think dany wasn't heading towards this end is beyond me

The budget for the season increaded after the third one and should be now by well over 10 million for the 8th. For 6 episodes.

This is the stupidest argument of all.
>Incredibly successful program will begin falling apart despite only getting more popular and more money

Dragons are supposed to hard counter ships in universe. At least in the books that is the case, Fire & Blood has multiple instances of dragons absolutely shitting on naval forces. Of course that book also establishes that ballistae are not very effective at repelling and much less bringing down dragons because they are cumbersome and dragons are fast-moving murdermachines.

Huh, but they literally killed a dragon with a ballista that was on a fucking boat... Explain that huh smarty pants.

I guess in canon these new ballista are a lot faster and more accurate? who fucking knows.

Plot holes, ass pulls. who gives a shit, the writers are just stretching now

D&D wanted to make a statement that wights and dragons and magic and shit are fucking dumb and nerdy and Joe the Drunken Hobo can destroy them all in five seconds by sneezing they're so lame. They want to get back to the high art of families screaming at and killing each other in brilliant subversive ways that subvert your expectations of an interesting or entertaining story with mundane repetitive bullshit just like in real life. The next episode is about the character buying new Smart Phones and then they drop them and they break making the characters cry because that's keeping it real.

Imagine how hard it was to shoot down war planes in WW1 with automatic weapons.

Now imagine trying to target a Dragon with a fucking single shot giant crossbow.

I don't think it's unrealistic that ballistas would more than likely miss a dragon especially on a wavy boat.

Yes just ignore the minor flaw of killing 3 main character arcs in a single episode (Jon, NK, and Bran)

> your grace, why don't we coordinate our movements with fresh troops from the Stormlands, Dorne and Dragon's Bay in Ess-
> NO THAT ONLY MAKES CERSEI STRONGER WE MUST STRIKE NOW
do D^2 even read what they write?

>Hey, I've got a stellar idea:
>why don't we march off to war again immediately after fighting the living dead and having most of our forces wiped out
>why don't we move most of our remaining forces on boats despite the fact that the opposition has the best naval fleet in the game
>nevermind resting, resupplying, and regrouping for the next major theatre of war
>then after we decimate most of our remaining forces, why don't we:
>march with like a dozen men right to the enemy's base with our most important assets fully exposed: our leader, our leader's advisors, our greatest weapon

I agree. Shooting a dragon in the air with a ballista would be harder than shooting a WWII warplane with an anti-tank gun. Potentially devastating if you hit, but you are highly unlikely to hit and if you miss, you are dead.

Easy explanation. The show has fanfiction tier writing and constantly pulls shit out of its ass as the plot demands it.

seasons 1-3 followed the books
they are also coincidentally the best seasons

Women from Reddit have infested this general and none of them have read the books so they don’t realize that YAAAAS QUEEN has been on the mental decline since Storm of Swords

And everything that was bad about those seasons was the stuff that D&D came up with themselves. I. e. replacing Jeyne Westerling with strong independent woman, turning Renly from a charismatic chad who liked boypussy into a whiny faggot, etc.

I think Sansa knew Dany wouldn’t listen to her no matter what she said. So she gave actually good advice to make Dany seem like a fool or someone going mad.

based and redpilled

Wouldn't Sansa trust Daenarys after she saved them from a zombie murder parade ?

Tyrion is right. This is contrived.

That sounds like somthing Littlefinger would do. She learned well.

Attached: 1884C6F1-E25E-4855-BBBC-2B06A3FD330E.png (413x461, 242K)

fuck you D&D

Danny was in the right.
Danny has fought multiple battles and has a lot of experience, Sansa has achieved nothing but getting fat and raped. But let's say experience doesn't even matter, Sansa doesn't like her and it does sound like she's backing up after getting saved from the white walkers.
Danny risked her life and half her men + a dragon (her child) to save them, now it's time for them to reciprocate.
They lack NUMBERS, so their ONLY chance is to attack fast.

Attached: 1529932091158.jpg (528x660, 78K)

Truth.
Never let your girlfriend be influenced by her female friends, because they'll turn her against you, or try to seduce you just to destroy the relationship.

This. Another "problem" would just arise in a fortnight that would make them postpone the attack again.

>I wish I was joking, but they actually said that's their angle with her. Because I don't know what the fuck.
I unironically think D&D are playing a love-triangle here. Sansa loves Jon, who loves Dany, who kind of loves Jon. But Sansa is le mind trick queen therefore all her actions must look like they're too smart to be understood.

If this show were still good they would have used the waiting time to forge more alliances and undermine Cersei's hold over the city.

This picture makes me laugh every time. The absolute state of Amerilards.

>Sansa loves Jon
What is there to suggest this

>someone who is regarded as mediocre at best in the literary world

Oh c’mon. The same is true for Tolkien. GRRM is pretty good for escapist fantasy.

>her reaction is exactly like her brother's when he thought that the dothraki are stalling when it comes to making him king of Westeros

in fairness, he was right. they were stalling.

>E01: "...No, she's much prettier. Did you bend the knee to help the north or because you love her?"
>E04: Sansa watches Jon during the feast, then Jon looks at Daenerys, who in turn is looking at him with love. Sansa rises and leaves.
>E04 after finding out Jon is a targ: "Why her?"
There is also other stuff from past seasons, but this season is where it gets really suspicious. She just started hating Daenerys for no apparent reason. Her anger should be aimed more at Jon if it was only the bent knee business.

Sansas character has become sit around and whine about logistics

so smart tho dayum gurl

I'm like 100% Salsa will turn out to be the one who tipped off Cersei's gang about the route the dragon gang were taking so they could lay ambush on the kween yasssssss

Her plan this episode to undermine Daenerys by letting Jon's secret out was sound. Not overly complicated and with high chances of success. Something someone actually smart would do.

>promise me sandra you won't tell anyone. Swear it
>.....ok
>JAHN IS TARGARYAN

So clever

To me, there's two problems with the way its being done in the show:
1. She's not crazier than any of the other "evil" people that have been in power over the course of the show. Not even close. Hard for me to think a woman who's willing to crucify slave owners is worse than a guy who feeds his infant half-brother to dogs.
2. She wasn't crazy at all when they needed her leading up to the battle and now they need to ramp it up to 11 since the show is ending and it feels rushed and very poorly paced, like every other thing going on in the show

>How can the truth undermine Danny's power?
Because the writers wanted cheap drama. That's all the writers want at this point. Everyone knows how it's supposed to end and yet no one with an HBO salary can stand to just give this series a logical conclusion because it's semi obvious.

Attached: 2 Number 9's.webm (780x520, 337K)

I didn't say it was clever. I said it was sound. Smart people do things that will work, not things that look smart.

>Danny has fought multiple battles and has a lot of experience
>Transports her army through sea when the enemy has naval superiority

>to save them
To save everybody. It was not Sansa or the North who caused this problem, and they've lost far more than Dany has. She has lost advantage in trying to retake the throne, along with a couple close advisors. The North nearly lost everything; most people have lost their brothers, husbands, and sons; how many houses have been eviscerated? And what else was the cost? Dany, if she truly wanted their respect, should have made this choice without asking them to kneel. By making them kneel first, she has done far more than just injure their pride. And to attack first is ridiculously absurd. They don't have the initiative. Cersei is literally waiting for them. It's not as though they will start a siege while King's landing is without supplies. Additionally, Cersei is the only one with a meaningful navy. This isn't a siege won by a blitz. There are plenty of troops left to collect throughout the seven kingdoms. Dany has done a great thing for all of Westeros. If she can maintain the support of the North, she will have a much better chance of winning over Dorne. Literally none of the remaining houses like Cersei, and her reign is almost completely dependent on debt to the Iron Bank. The only advantage Dany has at this point is time. She should take up Harrenhal or some other abandoned castle and declare herself Queen of the Realm. If she helps to stabalize and rebuild everything north of the neck, the people will quickly join to her cause, as will other houses. This would also force Cersei to bring the fight to Dany. Although they would be in a landlocked castle, Dany would then have the military advantage over Cersei, with Euron's navy being rendered useless, and Dany's airforce having incredible superiority. The current plan only makes sense because they have to finish the show in two episodes.

Not even remotely true. Tolkien was a famous English philologist and professor at Oxford University before he ever became known as a writer, and is almost singlehandedly responsible for bringing Beowulf back into public and scholarly attention. He's extremely well respected in scholarly circles.
I remember someone mentioning GoT in a class and everybody just simultaneously gave a condescending laugh.
t. did my undergrad in English Literature

Warfare tactics and strategy are for the bad guys :^)

She's a woman. Look at what she did once she found out about Jon.

Attached: biggest gossips.png (512x384, 294K)