Dany cannot turn evil. Only characters around her can

Maybe this is cope but literally the only characters that seemed to make sense this episode were Jon, Tyrion, and Arya(for a bit).
Dany literally risked her life for the north and sansa cant trust her? Jon did absolute jack. RN the evil characters are Varys and Sansa. Dany is 100% right in seeking revenge regardless of cost. nothing mad about it.

The fact that no one respects her for her sacrifices is ridiculous.

Attached: 1557124239178.jpg (1920x1080, 176K)

She got stockholm syndrome for her sex slaver
this woman is unstable

Fuck off, your whore queen is going down

I would go mad too if I just lost 90% of my army for no reason against a meme

>Dany cannot turn evil. Only characters around her can
That's the problem with her writers not wanting to make her show her true colors out in the open, which is something she's clearly been getting close to. They have to justify her going scorched earth by having people close to her die by people who are evil. They can't just have Dany go full dragon fire, even though she's been whining to do that all season.

this desu and on top of that nobody seems to be grateful for it
>it was Arya who killed the NK!
lmao hope Dany roasts them all before going down

>Dany literally risked her life for the north

She literally burned prisoners alive.

This. The watch party audience affects this in two ways. First, they have an absolutely negligible attention span. Any sort of twist, or surprise or plot development has to be simplified ad absurdum and then explicitly spelled out. This means they can have denaerys slowly decend into madness over the course of three seasons. It has to be a sudden heel-turn because otherwise the craterbrains at Burlington Bar get confused.

Secondly, watch parties and normies have favorite characters who need to written to conform to fan expectations. Denaerys is a "good" character. Even in her moments of cruelty, she's supposed to be viewed as acting against a perceived evil (slavery, patriarchy, etc). Having her go mad and genocide a city simply out of a thirst for power would upset her fans. Having her go mad and genocide a city because they killed her magical negro servant and a dragon is much easier to stomach. It's simple, it's sudden, and it's justified as a YesKweenSlay moment for the show's audience.

Dany has killed innocents since season 3. Her being evil shouldn't come as a surprise

> strikes a trade deal, then burns the seller alive
> crucifies over 150 people in Meereen
> murders all khals in their sacred city
> establishes terror regime to deal with Sons of the Harpy
> murders noblemen in the most inhumane way (live burning) because they were loyal to their vows
but no, she isn't evil

Why would sansa trust her after she basically told her I'm taking over this bitch when we're done ? It's like you are completely unaware that perhaps sansa is interested in the throne I mean the cunt was willing to marry that jeoffrey tyrant and don't forget little finger ? Just please stop getting so bent about this stupid fuckin danny bitch she is literally no different than cersei

You mean since S1, when she and Drogo mounted a campaign of pillaging and enslaving the Lhazareen people to get money, buy ships, and invade Westeros. Mirri (the maegi who would later kill her unborn son) was one of the victims of this first bloodbath.

YES :clap: QWEEN :clap: SLAY
#ItsHerTurn

Did Mirri, in fact, kill her unborn son?

From what I understand, Mirri was entirely truthful about everything, and held up her part of the bargain. She repeatedly told Dany "Look, I'm going to use black magic. If you come in here, you'll get fucked up."

She didn't force Dany to enter the tent, Jorah carried her in. More - as far as I can tell - the poultice she gave Khal Drogo was working, Drogo stopped used it because it hurt like hell (You know, the way medicine does).

It seems like the only thing she's guilty of is going "You know, I'm glad that your son died. He'd have killed millions of people." after the fact.

>Danny is good

You know for a nerd who is able to type paragraphs of bull about the show to not understand one of the central Tennant's of the show that there is no black or white just grey is killing astonishing

nah I got the impression that she purposely infected Drogo's would
she probably didn't want to fuck up Dany's song but since it happened she decided to at least use it to throw shade at Dany

Dany explicitly begged her to use blood magic to save Drogo's life, so you could say both Dany and Mirri killed him. Mirri obviously didn't regret it, though.
>“You warned me that only death could pay for life. I thought you meant the horse.”

>“No,” Mirri Maz Duur said. “That was a lie you told yourself. You knew the price.”

>Had she? Had she? If I look back I am lost. “The price was paid,” Dany said. “The horse, my child, Quaro and Qotho, Haggo and Cohollo. The price was paid and paid and paid.” She rose from her cushions. “Where is Khal Drogo? Show him to me, godswife, maegi, bloodmage, whatever you are. Show me Khal Drogo. Show me what I bought with my son’s life.”

I always felt like it was being a doctor and being told to save Hitler. Yes, your oath compels you to do your best, but you wouldn't shed any tears if he dies on the table.

The population of King's Landing have consistently demonstrated themselves to be human garbage. It would be a crime not to roast them all to death

Attached: image.jpg (412x323, 43K)

>The horse, my child, Quaro and Qotho, Haggo and Cohollo
What about Comet and Cupid and Blitzen?

>Dany is 100% right in seeking revenge regardless of cost. nothing mad about it.

>Killing 1 million people to avenge one ex-slave is not mad
Bro, get over it. She's done.

Fun fact: She was always evil and paranoid.

It's My Turn 2: Electric Boogaloo

I hear that in the books it would make sense why Daenerys would succumb to madness vs in the tv show where they make her look like this good guy.

Indeed. Mirri says as much.
>“This was no god’s work,” Dany said coldly. If I look back I am lost. “You cheated me. You murdered my child within me.”

>“The stallion who mounts the world will burn no cities now. His khalasar shall trample no nations into dust.”

>“I spoke for you,” she said, anguished. “I saved you.”

>“Saved me?” The Lhazareen woman spat. “Three riders had taken me, not as a man takes a woman but from behind, as a dog takes a bitch. The fourth was in me when you rode past. How then did you save me? I saw my god’s house burn, where I had healed good men beyond counting. My home they burned as well, and in the street I saw piles of heads. I saw the head of a baker who made my bread. I saw the head of a boy I had saved from deadeye fever, only three moons past. I heard children crying as the riders drove them off with their whips. Tell me again what you saved.”

>“Your life.”

>Mirri Maz Duur laughed cruelly. “Look to your khal and see what life is worth, when all the rest is gone.”

This part really sets the tone of Dany's "savior" quest. She saves some, pats herself on the back for her goodness, while in reality she destroys much more.

Don't forget that her solution to the Meerenese knot is "Fuck the brown people, I'm going home."

Exactly. People have turned a blind eye on what Dany has done since S01 because she interacted with characters that didn't matter, now in Westeros her actions have consequences and everyone can see how cruel, dumb and unhinged she is. She isn't a good leader, never was.

Surely this is bait? She is a mad cunt.

her fall is heavily telegraphed in the books, but I do agree with how fast and hard they are trying to mind break her in a short period of time on the show, it does make you sympathize with her at least a little bit as it seems no one actually cares that she threw away her army and 2 of her dragons to help them.

But Daenerys burning this piece of shit king landing is actually a good thing, nothing mad about that, getting revenge is a good thing.

Actually the Tarlys were sworn to the Tyrells so they broke their vows

Jonerys fags SEETHING

this

The tyrells were kill, and also no longer loyal to the throne. Also ironic that the tarleys who were one of the only major houses to stand by the targs, and the only ones to beat Bobby b in battle get roasted by this targ cunt. She probably could’ve won them over by persuadinga them and reminding them of their past loyalty. But no she had to be the foreign invader and mad queen.

She's so cute when she's mad like that. Why couldn't they just have her mad all the time?

Attached: game-of-thrones-saison-8-episode-4-le-duel.jpg (700x466, 26K)

honestly this

Attached: george-r-r-martin-game-of-thrones-outline.jpg (600x800, 133K)

All the seething Danyfags still trapped in the denial stage is the only entertaining part of this season

Attached: original-game-of-thrones-outline.jpg (600x800, 149K)

Attached: game-of-thrones-outline-letter.jpg (600x800, 105K)

>Locks people in their town vaults!

Don't forget that one. The bitch!

left mereen and astapor in ruins too

She isn't evil nor mad.

Ending:
>huge fight in Kings Landing happens
>Cersei knows she can’t win
>orders all the wildfire caches under the city to be lit
>the entire city with everyone in it get obliterated in a wildfire explosion
>everyone dies
>silence
>fast forward to a cloaked figure on horseback riding through the gates of Highgarden
>the hood comes down revealing Bronn
>Bronn takes a good whiff of air
>”Ahh smells like home”

Credits

Attached: 9DA6F150-3CCD-4720-975F-B8215340C7BE.jpg (1280x720, 120K)

>it seems no one actually cares that she threw away her army and 2 of her dragons to help them
For starters, not letting the North into a zombie horde was in her own interest, because if she ignored it, the entire zombified North would soon show up at her door in KL and put a quick end to her rule. But more importantly, ruling is a thankless task. You are expected to do your best, but the most you can usually hope for is that people will think you're kind of okay. If she expects to be thanked and adored for doing her job, she's not the right person for it.

>lose practically all your army
>lose another dragon
>lose Jorah
>lose your fuckbuddy Jon because his your nephew
>Sansa still hates you
I would be mad too

*not letting the North turn into a zombie horde

>Dany literally risked her life for the north and sansa cant trust her?
What Dany and John must understand is that they are no longer dealing with Sansa, but Shansa

Attached: D53zms_V4AAdll1.jpg (1024x576, 93K)

No cure for being a cunt.

Attached: B7FCDC82-D2A7-4D6F-A0E0-9AFA09886AF2.jpg (1693x951, 456K)

>Dany literally risked her life for the north and sansa cant trust her?
Because Dany outright says it's not her war and she's only doing it to get the North's loyalty.
Otherwise she was happy to let the Northerners die.

She's a power-hungry nut. Sansa hasn't done anything wrong.

She’s done questionable things throughout the series, like crucifying all the masters at Meereen and burning the Tarlys alive. It’s just that since she’s seen as a cool badass women, people excuse a lot of what she’s done. Even in universe, most of the people she meets in Essos see her this way, like she’s the next Messiah. It’s only when she comes to Westeros that she starts to get backlash for the stuff she does. She’s realizing that not everyone is gonna welcome her with open arms and become loyal to her automatically, which pisses her off.

>everyone likes a manlet more than you

Agreed almost all of Danny's "selfless"acts are actually just cloaked selfish acts she uses to gain favor or power. Almost all of her "good" actions have come along with several negative actions.

Did anyone else find the dragon death scene a little bit goofy? You have her pompous theme playing at full blast and right in the middle of it you get a sudden whack that interrupts everything.

The Tarlys were sworn to the Iron Throne, as were the Tyrells. The Tyrells rebelled and the Tarlys didn't. Use your brain.

This. Sansa is looking out for her family and her people. Unless people like to forget much of the North has suffered because of the crowns retardation.

Danaerys is an entitled child who doesn't deserve the throne. She's a horrible ruler who can't keep any of her subjects safe. Her bloodline doesn't make her a worthy leader and I hope she fucking dies of tetanus after sitting her fat ass on the iron throne.

>having dragons as your vanguard
>Still couldn't spot a fleet of ships

She did last night giving Jon an ultimatum. The throne or me. She, lied and told Jon she loves him just so he wouldn't take the throne.

Well, this is her international reputation by book 5:
>”And Books, the clever Volantene swordsman who always seemed to have his nose poked in some crumbly scroll, thought the dragon queen both murderous and mad. “Her khal killed her brother to make her queen. Then she killed her khal to make herself khaleesi. She practices blood sacrifice, lies as easily as she breathes, turns against her own on a whim. She’s broken truces, tortured envoys … her father was mad too. It runs in the blood.”

>It runs in the blood. King Aerys II had been mad, all of Westeros knew that. He had exiled two of his Hands and burned a third. If Daenerys is as murderous as her father, must I still marry her? Prince Doran had never spoken of that possibility.

>Frog would be glad to put Astapor behind him. The Red City was the closest thing to hell he ever hoped to know. The Yunkai’i had sealed the broken gates to keep the dead and dying inside the city, but the sights that he had seen riding down those red brick streets would haunt Quentyn Martell forever. A river choked with corpses. The priestess in her torn robes, impaled upon a stake and attended by a cloud of glistening green flies. Dying men staggering through the streets, bloody and befouled. Children fighting over half-cooked puppies. The last free king of Astapor, screaming naked in the pit as he was set on by a score of starving dogs. And fires, fires everywhere. He could close his eyes and see them still: flames whirling from brick pyramids larger than any castle he had ever seen, plumes of greasy smoke coiling upward like great black snakes.

>they hated Joffrey
>they were in different to Tommon
>parts of the city loved the Sparrow even though he trashed the whore house because they loved watching him punish and humiliate the nobles.
>they hate Cerci and only come to her place to be safe from the scary dragon lady.
All Danny had to do was starve them but that strategy is too boring for a season final even though she would win. They had to provoke her into slaughter when she promised last season she wouldn’t.

you better be right

she called herself the breaker of chains, how's that for pomposity?

Attached: images (1).jpg (554x554, 64K)

Well, ine dragon. The 2nd dragon she lost was her own fight against Cersei.

>>Frog would be glad to put Astapor behind him. The Red City was the closest thing to hell he ever hoped to know. The Yunkai’i had sealed the broken gates to keep the dead and dying inside the city, but the sights that he had seen riding down those red brick streets would haunt Quentyn Martell forever. A river choked with corpses. The priestess in her torn robes, impaled upon a stake and attended by a cloud of glistening green flies. Dying men staggering through the streets, bloody and befouled. Children fighting over half-cooked puppies. The last free king of Astapor, screaming naked in the pit as he was set on by a score of starving dogs. And fires, fires everywhere. He could close his eyes and see them still: flames whirling from brick pyramids larger than any castle he had ever seen, plumes of greasy smoke coiling upward like great black snakes.

Astapor deserved it for practicing slavery

Slavery is evil

Quentyn chapters were such underrated kino

This. All targs must fucking hang and danyfags will be exposed to the world as unstable female retards

I can't wait for the kino sapochnik slow motion sequence where she burns down innocent children with drogon and walks through the flames to the red keep to the iron throne. See how the normies justify that, then. Oh yea and she executes a dwarf. She is a villain, only difference is that everything before this was simply her origin story. Bravo dnd, bravo. Can't fucking wait for the normie tears.

Attached: 1557073551645.jpg (913x1024, 84K)

Literally nothing wrong with any of this.

Feels like "anything intelligent would be too boring" is the theme of this season

If ballistae in Game of Thrones can shoot dragons out the sky despite being rudimentary technology, how did the Targaryens ever conquer Westeros?
Why did Dany's fleet not have scouts sent ahead on smaller boats, or hell even stationed on the islands to spot threats?
How could she not see a fucking MASSIVE fleet from the air which would be comparitively massive but Euron could spot two (comparitively) tiny things in the fucking AND fire a bolt before she noticed?
Why did we ever use Cannons in real life if, according to D&D, Ballista have the same effect?

What is this writing? How did anyone let this go to production?

I know you're baiting, but this hell consumed everyone, slaves and masters alike.

While she was flying I jokingly said "and then 'ka-thwock' shot right in the head by the soldiers on the wall of dragonstone"
A fucking split second before the ballista bolt rekt that gay wyvern.
My flatmate and I couldn't believe they actually did it - the fact it came from a boat, which then teleported to kings landing, when it shoulda been the garrison of lannister loyalists in the empty dragonstone (which woulda made the whole 'who rules dragonstone' bit earlier more poignant) aside.

the entire danny character off the bat doesn't make any lick of sense to begin with, shes written like a modern liberal who goes around undoing injustices and then flips and starts going on hows she's entitled to a throne and how people owe her servitude,even when 5 mins ago she was freeing slaves.
this character never made any goddamn sense.

So did they just ruin Jaime's character arc by undoing his character growth or did he leave to stop Cersei rather than join her?

Did he respond vaguely to Brienne just to keep her from following him?

Is it true that he will kill Euron, get mortally wounded in the process and then kill Cersei while he's dying?

If he left to stop Cersei then his character isn't wholly assassinated and he could have a fitting end. If D&D are just having him revert to Cersei's dog, what was the point of giving him five seasons of development showing that he isn't as evil as she is?
Do the leaks let us know which is true?

Attached: Jaime-Lannister-Season-6.gif (500x300, 1.96M)

detecting sheltered onions toy.

All this is acceptable when one is trying to conquer a feudal empire. Hell, I'd burn the ever living shit out of Kings Landing and the North, wipe out their blood lines and establish an empire without bannermen. Their entire world is retarded - thousands of years and still running around with swords.

Well the northern men still think he is Ned's son and literally died for the widlings

A necessary price to pay

Apparently no one made scorpions quite this good until Qyburn. Even though one of Aegon the Conqueror's sister's dragons was also killed by a scorpion in Dorne like 300 years ago...

He was so unsatisfied with Brienne which caused him to remember how good Cersei pussy tasted.

>Did he respond vaguely to Brienne just to keep her from following him?
He's going on a suicide mission, so it's the best way he could come up with to keep her from insisting on coming with him. Which she would totally do if he were honest with her, or she would just try too hard to prevent him from going.

My normie mate said that she reminds him of lefty women from university.
Full of constant batshit contradictions, like acting offended by everything on behalf of other groups, but being more of a cunt herself.
If it was deliberate, they did a good job of making her hatable but in all honesty, I don't give the writers that much credit.

>Dany cannot turn evil.
Okay OP, let's make a little experiment OP - go rewatch previous seasons, and play scenes with her and her decisions, but turn off the heroic music. What do you see?
Reminder that not a single city she stomped through remained standing, and she left the last city with all of the problems unresolved, with hedonistic hired cut throat in the charge.

Son, do you know anything about history?

Presumably that dragon was killed because of a freak mistake or a lucky shot, otherwise it would never be brought up - just an understatement. One can only assume ballistae were a mild measure at best and any competent dragonrider didn't fear them that much.

didnt the long night episode teach you to throw this kind of reasonable thinking out the window senpai?

yeah but it still seems out of place for everyone to act like she did nothing, even if most of it still served her own interests ultimately. Also that part where everyone is sucking jons dick over the same shit dany has been doing all series kek, that scene is where this stuff started to get a little try hard

Dragons were also killed by common folk with farming equipment and hand weapons during the Dance of the Dragons. Dragons aren't very hard to kill when they're not at an advantage firing on you.

If you had to chance to nuke LA, would you?

That is what I'm hoping. That he just didn't want Brienne to follow because he doesn't expect to make it out alive and doesn't want her to die too.

So I really hope his plan is going to King's Landing to finally stop his sister. But D&D's comments about him having an addiction to Cersei (despite the lies and threats and literally sending a dude to murder him in this episode) make me skeptical and afraid they just ruined the best character left in the show.

Attached: large (1).jpg (500x500, 79K)

Speak for yourself.

If Dany goes mad queen and burns the thousands of innocents in King's Landing because she lost most of her army, her best friend and longtime ally and advisor as well as Varys turning on her... is it really any more evil than when other people storm castles and sack cities?

Not a Danyfag. Legitimately asking.

Too bad Frog won't be able to report all he saw to his father. His companions will make sure Dany will lose Dorne, though.

I didn't think D&D could make a worse season than 7. I was wrong. Consider me subverted.

You weren't paying attention for last four seasons.

She wanted to be different™ but she will be exactly the same as other rulers.

The madness is starting to show so her advisors are abandoning her.

Yeah, Dany sure freed all those slaves. From their lives, mostly.

correct

D&D actual geniuses confirmed

Daily reminder the only reason she was bawwing about Drogo dying was because she wanted the power he had. She could have just had the baby who would become a khal much later, but NO NO NO MINE MINE MINE I WANT POWER NOW NOW NWO NOW NOW

>Genocide a city
You either biesiege a city to starve them our or you attack. You can order your soldiers not to sack it, but there's still going to be collateral damage. Tyrion and Varys are fucking retarded advisors applying modern logic to a medieval situation. I'm not a Dany fan but I don't see why she shouldn't just end the war right now with her dragon. It's fucking absurd considering Cerseis already blown up half of Kings landing.

ruling is hard.

This show is so dumb it will have a long drawn out battle sequence with her flying around on her dragon lighting things on fire, when in reality her bullshit would ignite the hidden caches of wildfire buried throughout the city and set it off. It'd go up like a fucking nuke.

Yes, actually. Decent rulers storm castles and cities because it's a tactical necessity: they do as little damage as possible and then try to win over the population because they do need people's support, or at least tolerance. Every city or castle is a strategic point and wreaking too much damage is terrible PR. Burning the capital because you got your feelings hurt is the definition of madness.

All of this is true, and the funniest bit is that she could have ruled Essos entirely with no competition. But no, we're down to her nuking a city because "DEY HURT MAH HOUSE NEGRO"

What happens in a books is that she does the same shit as in the show, always to moment of triumph, always a moment of glory, BUT there are always consequences to her actions. The thing is that she has a cadre of excellent advisers, but she often disregards their advices for some yaskweening ad then faces the punishment for it.
The freeing of slaves is perfect example - she stomps through the city, leaves it burning, free all the slaves, everybody screams Misa Misa Misa which is great, but then she suddenly realizes that her army of Dothrakis and Unsullied has additional 30 000 useless mouths on feet to take care of and feed, which is something Bear specifically warned her about and she didn't give a shit about.
So now they are cordoned off outside of another city she is currently wrecking and all of them are dying of massive plague.
The books are full of this, and I think this is specifically her story theme of naive idealist with chip on her shoulder, as she slowly becomes more unstable as she is losing her advisers.

>Decent rulers storm castles and cities because it's a tactical necessity:
Nigger you what. Storming a city/castle is THE way to destroy them, in medieval times. If you wanted the wealth and the real estate intact, you laid siege to them until the people starved and surrendered. Coincidentally, that's how 90% of medieval city battles ended. Very rarely did assaults happen until cannons became mainstream.

wildfire is cancelled, friend

Literal fucking retard. Are you subscribed to Chapo or some shit?

>All this is acceptable when one is trying to conquer a feudal empire.
Lol, no it fucking isn't. Do you even have any idea about scale?

Mate, I live in a country that was in constant war for nearly two centuries. Most castles from the time survived fine, because only one army (the Swedes) had the policy of destroying everything in their path.

Exactly. If the cunt had just gone to the crones, her son would have grown up to be the greatest warrior the world had ever known. He would have, inevitably, conquered the land and then the known world.

She just needed to wait, like, fifteen to twenty years. Mormont could have trained the kid, and by that time the Seven Kingdoms would basically be ripe for plunder.

Euron had the upgraded ballista with 4 metal arms, the ones on the wall are the old model with 2 wooden arms.

Yea it's not terribly realistic but you do have to suspend your disbelief a little bit, it's still a fantasy show where literal magic exists. Maybe Qyburn figured out some old valerian recipe for a special alloy or something.

>in the end got was a critique of histrionic yas kween feminism

B-bravo d&d?

>shes written like a modern liberal who goes around undoing injustices and then flips and starts going on hows she's entitled to a throne and how people owe her servitude

That is actually how she is in the books too, the difference is that other people have to constantly damage control for her. She has luck with few miracles that make people flock to her, but she is complete fuck up otherwise.

She did love him, but it's true she knew she'd be a nobody without him. Khal widows are expected to retire to Vaes Dothrak and serve as wisewomen/advisors, but she wanted to conqueror Westeros instead.

IMO, No.
The US dropped 2 nukes and all it needed was it's going to save soldier's lives (and show everyone their power, weird flex but ok).

Look at the siege of alesia. Caesar's force built a wall around the city to trap the gaul's forces in. So the entire civilian population was thrown out of the city eventually so the soldiers could eat and last longer, so they went to caesar to be let through the blockade which he refused, they also weren't let back in by the gauls.

This was a gaul city, those people were the families of the soldiers.
And they all starved to death in plain view of both armies.

So yeah, fuck her advisors for going about muh going about "muh peaceful siege :)))"

Neither varys nor tyrion have the stomach to properly face a war in the way they're depicted as the show keeps making them apply modern morality to ancient and medieval warfare.

Some of the greatest conqueror's made an example of those who refused surrender, slaughtering everyone the city if not burning the entire thing nothing was left. Caesar, Genghis Khan, Alexander for example.

Her son would have conquered the SHIT out of Westeros. The prophecy literally calls him "The man who makes the world his bitch."

In the books, we also see what he looks like: He's an Aryan ubermensch.

this

purge the whole damn thing. I honestly don't see the problem. In 50 years, the survivors would've moved on and saw it as a just cause.

HARD TRUTHS CUT BOTH WAYS, DONT THEY, DANYFAGS?

Attached: Stanniswave.png (1356x1656, 1.73M)

Imagine literally killing your own baby for power, and then people pretend you're the "good guy".

oh my god so much this

Normies don't do intelligent at all. It's all about the shock value and subverting expectations.

Ruler cannot bring such trivial things into consideration. Compare her to the way Romans conquered most of the known world - they would go in , crush the resistance as quickly as possible and then they would participate in the rebuilding, while making sure that people of that area are better off than under the previous rule, better technology, better medicine etc. The part of the Roman army would also stay in the conquered place, and the soldiers would be the ones helping with rebuilding, while making sure that they spread the Roman ideology.
Rarely can you hold to territory with iron fist and displays of cruelty, which is a repeated lesson for her both in books and in the show that she never takes to heart.

Bookfags have been saying for years that Daenerys was written as a critique of American foreign policy. It's practically a running joke that she's the George Bush of Westeros.

>Caesar, Genghis Khan, Alexander for example.
All of them had overwhelming force projection and numbers to actually held onto the territory without the need of local support. She has nothing like that.

She didn’t risk her life for the north. She risked her life because A. The north would kneel to her. and B. If the NK wasn’t stopped he would destroy all of Westeros (her new kingdom) She did it because it was in her best interest.

but they're wrong

dany is more closely an analogue to the liberation of slaves in the American South

well well, as soon as that blonde queen you pretend to hate on starts losing it your beta cuck brain revs into gear and you go full white knight. fuck you

True, I didn't consider that. I guess just another reason for her to have burned the damn city when she arrived.

B-BUT SHE BURNED SOME TRAITORS INSTEAD IMPRISONING THEM FOREVER AFTER GAVING THEM MULTIPLE CHANCES TO LIVE REEE

>killing slavers is bad

Based and redpilled.

Bingo. It's a running theme in the books that her "rule" looks like this: invade -> destroy the "bad" society -> fuck off to the next target and let everything go to hell. To her credit, she decides to change this pattern and actually stay and rule Meereen, but she quickly finds out that ruling is incredibly hard, she hates every second of it, and basically nothing goes as she wants it to. Ultimately it ends with her running away once again, chasing her birthright in Westeros while her people in Meereen are left to pick up the pieces.
Despite her somewhat well-meaning goals, she's one of the worst rulers in the books.

yes, nigger

She still risked her life for the potential subjects.

It's not like she'd even needed the dumb Northern cunts to rule. If she's just taken KL, she would have a decent amount of time to prepare the south for the NK and more room to come up with a winning strategy as well. Oh, and 3 dragons instead of 2.

Meereen is actually quite interesting, because she is COMPLETELY unprepared to rule that country. She loathes everyone and everything in it, engages in a bit of nation-building (that puts a butcher on a throne, and he promptly gets murdered horribly) and ends up kicking off a civil war that's "EVERYONE VERSUS ME".

What she doesn't know is that Victarion Greyjoy and his fucking volcano arm are riding to the rescue, and he has the Iron Fleet with him. Presumably, he's blaring out heavy metal guitar solos while standing on the prow of the ship while his Vikings charge into battle.

As varys said, she gets extremely angry and violent when people challenge her authority. It happened many times in essos and was very blatant with the tarlys

It came out again when jon said he didnt want to hide his heritage. He has a better claim to the throne than she does but she gets extremely angry and cold when theres a chance she wont be queen

People were too busy cheering for her and YYYASSSS QUEEEEN when she was burning slavers alive to realize how close to the mad king she was

i can't tell if you're shitposting in favour or against her

>central Tennant's

Attached: 1540408837641.png (698x698, 34K)

>dany is more closely an analogue to the liberation of slaves in the American South

Entire Essos turns back to slavery the second she leaves a place, and it is supported by pretty much everyone, including large part of slaves themselves.
Essos is not in development and economical stage to abolish slavery.

As pointed out, Caesar and the Romans in general actually did depend on the local support despite their war machine and did everything to get it. Their conquest could be brutal but once they were there, you could count on them to stay and work on rebuilding and developing the conquered lands. This was how Aegon the Conqueror won over Westeros too: despite the initial carnage, he was reasonable and he and his sisters quickly improved people's lives. Dany has done no such thing.

She could've done that though.

>she is COMPLETELY unprepared to rule that country
Yeah, the Meereen itself is something that would take entire lifetime and possibly generations to fix, if she wasn't power hungry muh prophecy muh claim to throne twat.

Methods matter, dumbass. She wasn't executing them she was sending a message of terror.

hnng this

>demand unconditional surrender or il torch your city
>no you surrender and your brown titty goddess will live
WHYD THEY KILL MISSANDEI BURN THEM ALL!!!!

Rightfully so. "Slavery is baaaid, kids" doesn't have the same ring without presenting the consequences.

But she didn't. Throughout entire story, she attempts nothing like that and actually has barely resources to keep the elite core of her army running. This actually is trope in the book, despite her decade long military campaign, she still think that 'logistics' is something a fucking white male made up to keep the brudda down.

As Meereen illustrated, she doesn't know how. It's incredibly difficult to reform and manage an entire society and you need to have an excellent sense of where to push and what things should be left alone (at least for the time being). Daenerys, however, is too entitled and idealistic to compromise, and when she does try, it's so half-hearted that she doesn't convince anybody. Worse yet, she's ignorant - she knew nothing about the Slaver's Bay when she invaded and tried to change it and now she knows nothing about Westeros when trying to do the same. You can't rule like this.

In slaver's bay, sure. But in westeros I don't see why she wouldn't. I don't think she'd try to push any radical changes at all like she did in slaver's bay.

You are the perfect example of someone that show is aimed at today - you don't remember what happened even a season ago. Both books and show have instance where slaves themselves came to petition her to cancel her ruling against slavery. It was the entire point of coliseum scene, because gladiators held against her that she took away their purpose in life.

underage faggots out

That's not a "we gotta bring slavery" back issue but one of reforming the system which she didn't do. And since she failed to purge the cancer, her change was unstable as fuck too, but it's an issue with lacking step 2, 3 and 4. Step 1 was perfectly fine.

>Both books and show have instance where slaves themselves came to petition her to cancel
I guess if a victim of kidnapping develops stockolm syndrome and forgives her captor he shouldn't go to jail anymore, retard.

the thing is, how 4 arms ballista can hit dragon flying in the air from behind the rocks?

How was dany going to break the wheel again? How’d she ensure her successors continue her “benevolent and wise” actions?

Attached: 998A4AA1-1B34-446F-8048-CBD0506246DD.jpg (294x221, 31K)

His warlocks predicted it.

Nah, you can see pretty clear parallels with Iraq and de-Baathification, for example. At first, most Meereenese welcome her and nobody likes the masters. Then she starts doing things like closing the fighting pits because it's a barbaric slavery tradition. Understandable, but the fighters themselves come to petition her to change her mind because it's their only job and potential source of income. She refuses, and these angry and hungry fighters soon become the local insurgency fighting against her because while they didn't like the masters, they like starving even less.

And this is one of the purposes of Varys schemes as well. Varys, Tryion, Balish, and others like this in the books are not after Thrones and titles as much, because they recognize where the real power lies. Varys likes Dany because she is on the one hand a compassionate ruler who is moved by the suffering of the common man, but on the other hand, she is like Robert Baratheon and doesn't particularly care for actual ruling. This is excellent, because it allows people like Varys to rule almost uninterrupted. The problem, however, which has slowly been developing in the books, is that Dany gets hot-headed. She increasingly does not listen to advisors, but does not actually put the same kind of thought into it. She only understands power through rights and recognition. The shows have just done a poor job showing this transition because Dany is too popular a character to destroy.

> She increasingly does not listen to advisors
Where does this meme even come from? All her issues since S7 are because of listening to advisers sans maybe going to save Jon's butt when she listened to her clit but he was only in that position because of listening to advice in the first place.

It doesn't help that the advice she gets is pure bullshit too. Varys was fine with rulers slaughtering the poor for decades but gets triggered by a few deaths in the very last war?

I felt that Tormund calling Jon a manlet was good natured ribbing and he clearly respects and admires him. Sansa, Dany feels like their negging him and trying to diminish his presence to control him.

Attached: EEC7765D-B235-407F-A1BF-C3BC5BFE6C84.jpg (1400x700, 503K)

That's not the point, idiot. They had no attachment to their masters, but fighting in the pits was the only skill they had and the only way to feed themselves. They wanted to fight there as free agents, but since Dany banned it, they were left without any source of income.

Should've introduced some sort of basic income. There was even a precedent in fucking Rome.

I hate this fucking shit about "uh, you can't kill innocent civilians when you siege the city! people won't like you!"

Lots of people have always died during sieges, Dany should just go full Mongol and burn the city to the ground, killing every single man, woman and child living inside of it. It worked for the Mongols, they built one of the largest empires in human history.

>muh evil characters

why do you even watch this show?

>she failed to purge the cancer
Entire Meereen economy and society is revolving around slavery. Her purging anything is like Americans or Soviets in Afghanistan - it does nothing no matter how many people you kill.
Perfect example - she comes in, frees slaves and so the guilds tell all the slaves that were in apprenticeship to fuck off now that they are free people. No food, no shelter, no chance to get employed in any of the trade guilds, no options, save me Meesa.

Sorry, I realize my post wasn't clear. I was trying to make a distinction between the shows and the book. In the book, she's how I described. In the show, they've only carried forward certain elements of her story, and in doing so have stripped it of most of its intrigue. In the show, she never listens to anybody, and is rarely wrong.

A softer version even worked for Cersei. Did everyone forget how she murdered babies, stood by as Joffery slaughtered poor fucks and nuked the pope in the middle of the city?

The slaves made the city run either way. The slavers were just leeches.

>so the guilds tell all the slaves that were in apprenticeship to fuck off now that they are free people.
Then the guilds would die themselves. Instead they could just employ the people who already had experience working for them.

It was "who rules Storm's End".
Which, by the way, the following line, "Does anyone know?" was obviously one of the writers trying to put a barb at D&D for making them write such retarded drivel.

>Maybe this is cope

Attached: 1523554646423.jpg (252x200, 9K)

it's beautifull man D&D totally redeeming themselves here

Yas qween BURN THEM ALL

Attached: b5u9vzuiuhw21.png (960x481, 306K)

True, but that would require a thinking about the consequences of her choices, which she didn't display at any point in the series.

>"nuanced characters is bad writing"
go back to literature 101 pls

Well, yeah. But her character is that of a kid who was told by basically anyone that they should rule and who has show to have good intentions, without the brains to form a real strategy. Basically like Jon if you take the first part away.

The whole mad queen shit is just stupid pandering for drama.

>The slaves made the city run either way. The slavers were just leeches.

Sperg all you want, cities that she previously conquered are already back under the slavers rule, just like with Al-Quaeda in Afghanistan.
Changes come from within, with the assistance of the local populace, not by the whims of uncaring power hungry usurper.

>cities that she previously conquered are already back under the slavers rule
Because she listened to shit advice and let them of the hook instead of a purge.

>The whole mad queen shit is just stupid pandering for drama.
It is the most prominent theme of the entire series, show did worse job of presenting it, but her most important actions remain the same in the show, so people who didn't notice it never thought about the show in the first place.

She actually purged them, but wow, who would have thought that people from the outside would sweep in and took charge. Both Essos and Westeros are massive places. There are nearly 1 000 houses in Westeros, and most likely more in Essos due to its size, you wanna purge them all?

That theme has been going on for quite a while, mate.

Been a while since I read them but I don't recall her doing a single thing that'd go into that direction. Burning shitty people isn't mad queen material and her bratty tendencies are just given in the context of her life, without turning her into a potential monster.

>She actually purged them,
She didn't. She killed off a few to make a point but still left most of them in peace, even allowing them to keep all of their privileges sans the slaves. Going for a total purge would also make the whole mad queen shit more plausible.

They are still pretty much feudal societies, so it's not some random fuck could do it. Especially Essos has the powerful core in the cities.

The mad incels in here hate her because she's hot and young, they'll never take her side no mather how ridiculous the other sides are

Might actually go deeper. She's pretty entitled and selfish, so qualities that are very incel-like; so seeing them in a powerful woman must be extra triggering.

Your'e thinking the girli crowd will hate Dany going mad, but they will love it.
They identify with her, "Khailissi did nothing wrong", because deep down they want the excuse to go bat-shit crazy, after all the "wrong-doing" that was done to her.

It shall be the ultimate "yas queen slay"

is there any reason why the seven kingdoms need to be one entity beyond "the iron throne is rightfully mine"? at this point even most of the kingdoms are collapsed states. everyone should just embrace their newfound free folk status and live in constant low-level violence. the only protesters are the soon to be charcoal of king's landing

I think most people are afraid of her tax policies and progressive agenda
they are right, she going to ruin the country
Also she's FAT

Attached: true queen.jpg (542x922, 62K)

Jon's gonna Nissa Nissa the cunt

Crazy how the power of YASS SLAY QUEEN turns leftist feminists into monarchists.

>is ok with her brother getting horribly murdered in front of her because of some silly threat he made when drunk, (and his anger wasn't out of the blue, he made a deal with Drogo but he was trated as an irrelevant semi slave)
>But she loved to death a mass murderer and raper responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent, wouldn't have minded the Dothraki killing hundreds of thousands of innocents to get her throne
>Burned to death a magician only because of a spell gone wrong, despite the fact that the SHE begged the witch to do it, the witch never fucking tried to persuade her, and the bitch's bitterness was justified by the fact that Dany's precious husband had massacred her entire village and relatives
> Executes to death people by burning them alive
>burns to death thousands of enemies, even the people who surrendered
She's always been evil

You can only predict what any character in this show will do in the broadest strokes because George R.R. Martin is a hack who cant tell the difference between a twist and a asspull

>her brother
A total cunt who treated her like shit most of the time.
>Burned to death a magician only because of a spell gone wrong
She did it intentionally.
>Executes to death people by burning them alive
Looks like a fast and efficient method. Dragon fire is fucking hot, so they die as fast as they would when beheaded.
>even the people who surrendered
She gave them a chance. "Keep all of your shit and join me or go to the wall."

100% this. People on twitter are already justifying her roasting thousands of innocents because MUH DRAGON/SIDEKICK.

Every vagina is a monarchist with themselves as the monarch.

kingslanding's "people" absolutely deserve to get roasted

this, i agreed with Baratheon back when he told Ned he'd have her killed.

Extra cute this episode!