Based

Based

Attached: IMG_20190506_094419.jpg (680x513, 82K)

Absolutely This.
This is the pain only Weebs understand. It's why I don't watch anime anymore. I can't stand this kind of horse shit, and here I am doing it all over again for GOT.

I hate these shitty twitter memes

cringe and bluepilled

dont compare japshit cartoons to game of thrones

Attack on titan is objectively better than GOT

>D and D write the show into a shallow shit filled grave
>fans get outraged about it
>GRR uses this time to completely change the story to something slightly better
>hailed as a hero for saving game of thrones ending
calling it now, a couple of months after the show ends he'll announce the next book is nearly done

Attached: 1556532387207.png (1045x1230, 1003K)

AoT isn't even a good anime

they're litrly the same show

Eren isn't blue pilled like Jon snow.

>nearly done
>nearly
Something-something tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow, you're only a day away.

lmao you fags have been saying this at the end of every season.

jon snow is egg-on yerfaceyon

the same kids that complained about plot armor complain about death of a dragon and the sand woman in an filler episode Lmao.

Nothing big happens in filler episodes. In GoT they're killing off characters.

But weebs get anime without source material that is good though.

>characters
hardly

Attack on titan isn't even that good by anime standards

Irresponsible Captain Tylor is better than any HBO series except Carnivale and Rome S1.

>watching Naruto filler episode
>Konohamaru stabs Pain to death

People are saying good things about Kimetsu no Yaiba, and I don't give a fuck about watching it. The manga is still running, so either it ends open waiting for the sequel that may never happen, or it will have a terrible filler ending.

I don't want to feel that pain anymore. That's why I always watch originals with gleeful smile, and just watch the ones based on mangas if they are slice of life or other stuff that don't really matter if I see the true end or not. Plot driven stuff with no end is hell.

Attached: 1525371639441.jpg (1000x1000, 123K)

>battle that the show has been leading up to since the first episode
>some guy from the night's watch whose name i don't even remember and berric who should have died like 4 seasons ago were the casualties
Bravo

The only reason this discussion is going around is because of some clickbait article about how GoT is the original Full Metal Alchemist

>if D&D were writing the show Hinata would have just killed Pain herself instead of getting curbstomped and sending Naruto into another one his spergouts

you are retarded.

FMA 2003 wasn't that bad, it's just FMA:B had a more well-rounded story.
change my mind

Both are shit

kek, except that would be mildly entertaining at least.

Didn't Konohamaru pull off a rasengan against one of Pain's bodies? I might be remembering that wrong.

Almost all the themes covered in B were already covered better in the original series. The only reason people say B is better is because it's more shounen with an easier to understand cast of characters and plot. Examples of downgraded characters include Edward, Mustang, Lust/Envy, Hawkeye, etc.
Prove me wrong.

Attached: a3dcf58c4761.820zfj3dpe4os0kcsockwsg8s.ejcuplo1l0oo0sk8c40s8osc4.th.jpg (800x528, 106K)

Every character is better in Brotherhood except for Pride

Actually the direct equivalent would be Full Metal Alchemist and while the out of source FMA was a much smaller story over all the story itself was not bad.
And unlike FMA, GOT will never get a remake.

B is better because we get more insights about the origin of alchemy and shit instead of the boys unexplicably travelling to early XX century earth
Also its longer and the action is much better

Ed's loop through the heroes journey is contrived in brotherhood. In at least three different points in the story, Ed completes his journey just to have his character loop back around so he can do it all over again. In the original series, he reaches this moment at about the midway point and his character develops into a more tragic character.
Mustang is another example of someone who got character assassinated. In the 03 series Mustang is more of a Virgil type who tries to guide Ed down a proper path, focusing on tact rather than anger and does his best to not involve them in the deeper conspiracies in the military for their own safety. In Brotherhood he's driven by vengeance and his primary directive is shutting out the Elric brothers because he thinks knows best and thinks they're too ignorant.
Alchemy in both shows doesn't amount to much more than magic in either show, and the origin of alchemy was largely irrelevant in the overall themes of the anime. The two primary principles that actually mattered in alchemy in regards to the story were only the first and third laws of thermodynamics. Adding a god-archetype to the world and anthropomorphizing it with desires muddles the purpose of alchemy in the world other than as a deus ex machina for people to do cool magic.
Also, longer =/= better. The animation is also marginally worse. Please go back and compare the greed fight in both shows before saying something like that. The CGI is better in brotherhood, but the outsourced taiwanese modern animation is downright terrible in some areas.

Everyone who thinks this hasnt rewatched Brotherhood. Just remember the climax to Brotherhood is an epic fist fight with the side characters cheering on the main character.

What god? the homonculus in a flask was just some extradimensional horror who wanted a body

>Just remember the climax to Brotherhood is an epic fist fight with the side characters cheering on the main character.
This is exactly what I mean. Brotherhood is just a slightly above average sounen, while the 03 series was just a more interesting show.
Brotherhood is a more faithful adaption of the manga material, but I believe that a lot of the changes made to the 03 script made it a marginally better show. It focused on the themes and ideas that made the world of FMA so intriguing.
A good example is when the brothers returned to Central with the information they received from Doctor Marcoh. In Mangahood, the Brothers are just mildly bummed out that their one lead to the philosophers stone literally just burned to the ground. They move on almost immediately after, as if it's just a tiny inconvenience. In 03, it was extended to an almost full episode where the brothers are extremely dejected that the one lead they had been following and been traveling around for just literally burned to the ground. This also led to some development for Lt. Ross, who is really just a side gag character otherwise.
The Homonculus in the flask was a fragment of God/The Truth/The Gate, and was implied to be a reflection of humanity itself. It was a flawed creature that utilized it's knowledge to purge it's undesirable traits until it was nothing but a husk. It falsely believed itself to be perfect through this transformation. It wasn't until Ed, confronted with God, realized the same realization that he already made in two previous narrative arcs (training on Izumis island and the creation of the first philosophers stone) which was the meaning behind an individuals existence and the purpose of life.
He literally comes to this conclusion multiple times in the show, and the final arc is resolved when he finally presents this truth to "The Truth" which is god anthropomorphised into a being testing Edward.

But most anime only cover a tiny bit of the source material?

I'm still waiting for my Soul Eater remake

>Rosario+Vampire (this one was UNGODLY and the worst one I remember)
>Hayate no Gotoku!
>Soul Eater
>To love Ru
>Negima
>Merry

Ecchi series suffered the most. Shonenfags don't know what hells looks like. Filler is nothing compred to this.

Attached: 1325737282888.jpg (846x1072, 682K)

>GoT fans complained about waiting two years for the final season.
>Seven years spent waiting for Index Season 3, and then they fast forward through everything because the producers are only interested in pushing the sequel.

The few I know who actually have the books claim they haven't read them. For some they're just decoration to express they're fans of the show

then why do you browse Yea Forumsitter?

>mfw watching JoJo
>mfw everything just gets better and better
>mfw rewatching Legends of the galactic heros
>it's still great and in contrast to GoT the protagonists aren't idiots

>weebs
every single multi-season tv show turns to shit because the creators try run milk it for longer than they have material for

>Look at the credits for the show runners
>Writer: X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Attached: kaurismäki.gif (500x324, 2.41M)

Nope, in anime there are cases where the animators literary changed the whole series, plot and characters. Transforming a manga about fights into an anime about schoolgirls tripping on the MC.

>Filler is nothing compred to this.
Naruto filler hell was on a league of it's own, even interrupting mid fight for the sake of an entire filler arc

I have read then all but never bought a single one.

Thanks, kindle and piracy.

even the shittiest anime is better than GoT
so i agree, they shouldn't compare the two.

Stopping in the high point of a very hyped out fight to insert a WHOLE FULL FILLER ARC is true suffering, you don't know what you are talking about.

Fuck you Bleach.

Attached: 1520938944690.jpg (640x535, 36K)

I can relate a little since watching an adaptation of a source material can kinda ruin what you are reading since you know most main plot points
Happened to me with Harry Potter back in the day, I only read up to the 4th book even though I know they have more details

Maybe I'll re-read them soon now that I think about it

Nigger, you can just skip filler. At least they don't fuck up the canon episodes.

How about when the animation studio:
>change the canon main characters
>remove canon characters they don't like
>add meme characters invented by themselves
>add shitty ecchi jokes and clicles nobody asked for
>change the main events
>change the whole plot
>even change the genre of the series
Naturo filler is nothing to the atrocities I've see

At least Bleach had good animation during fights and one of the best soundtracks of all time

The true crime was never animating the last arc even if it's not that great for most

>remove canon characters they don't like
What series did this?

it's great even if they behave like idiots

Attached: Based Bittenfeld.jpg (640x480, 56K)

even the most banal shonenshit is miles above Gayme of Cringes

I don't care how much it affected you personally.
Fucking up and altering the canon material is objectively worse than filler. At least shonens were (for the most part) safe in this regard

Elfen lied
To love ru
and I think Rosario + Vampire too

I went through Aku no Hana, I saw hell to the eyes and it stared at me back

I'm still mad as fuck it is one of my favorite manga to date and I was really looking foward to that anime

game of thrones did always remind me of an anime with all the shitty character arcs and ass pull deaths for emotional impact

Attached: 1553590105639.jpg (567x567, 39K)

At least it can't get worse as the walking dead as tehy actually have to end the series

right?

Yes but he is gifted

GoT passed right by Berserk 2017 and went right into Guilty Crown trainwreck territory.

Please it's Naruto, fucking everyone is "gifted". Random side character 22b could learn rasengan with enough time.

Original anime is much less common than original tv shows.

Rasengan itself is supposed to be a very simple technique, the trick iirc was spinning it fast, which Naruto could do with clones

It's also a incomplete techique, Naruto completes it and makes the Rasen shuriken by adding elemental chakra to it, so far no other character can achieve

it's pretty poorly written in terms of dialogue but the plot is better, on the other hand asoiaf is so much better than manga AoT it may as well be a coloring book

>Guilty Crown trainwreck territory.
Oh man I actually enjoyed that trainwreck,

Now, let's talk about Darling in the Franxx trying to somehow be TTGL and failing at it

Brotherhoods ending had such little consequence for a show that has to do with equivalent exchange/sacrifice. People just like to remember that warm fuzzy feeling of the ending montage and call that a better story. I always found it bizarre that even Scar had a happy ending considering he murdered dozens of innocent people. It all feels like fanservice for the sake of it.

>running out of source material
Jap authors are so retarded they can't help it but fuck it up even for full adaptations. Even manga and original anime go to shit eventually. Look at Bleach, Naruto, Tokyo Ghoul, Attack on Titan etc. All went to shit.

Long running good anime/manga are the outliers not the norm.

>scar murdered innocent people

Nobody that he murdered was innocent, they all participated in a fucking genocide.

oh lordy don't remind me. original anime isn't any better tbqh. you're extremely lucky if you get an original anime that doesn't shit itself near the end

got is the average anime plot line

This desu.

>JoJo
nigga please. I love JoJo but it is riddled with plotholes and asspulls. Part 8 is Araki's best writing so far and hopefully he doesn't fuck it up

>when the source material itself turns to shit

Attached: 1554744127461.jpg (322x305, 22K)

He Killed the winrys parents and became an amestrian racist that targeted literally any state alchemist he came in contact with including Ed

It's true just look at what happened with Berserk after the Golden Age Arc

The manga drops in quality there too with the annoying side characters

It ends on a cliffhanger. They don't just start writing fanfic to continue it.

>show
>anime
I need to save you children from this cruel world

Attached: zekeourlordandsaviour.png (991x597, 645K)

eren isn't a manlet MUH HONOR like jon snow

Attached: eren 2.png (906x1300, 1.17M)

MIUUUUURAAAAAAAA

Attached: guts.gif (498x372, 2.74M)

t. Normalfag
Why are you even here?

to post and look at funny memes
the general political incorrectness is great fun as well

but every manga continues on way the fuck too long

Attached: wrapitup.gif (267x200, 1.52M)

FMA 2003 is arguably better, I do enjoy both versions but for different reasons
granted that's really the only time that's worked for me, I can't think of another anime where what they did worked

GoT is LoGH but not in space

Game of Thrones is anime as fuck.

at least anime admits how ridiculous it is sometimes and doesn't take itself seriously

not every

Attached: alice in borderlands.jpg (382x600, 133K)

Imagine if game of thrones had characters as based as LoGH

Attached: Reuenthal_toasting[1].jpg (700x375, 92K)

>buying books for decoration

Attached: 1539131490716.gif (740x900, 1012K)

bleach is true trash, I remember being baffled that there was still material after the aizen saga

i don't watch tv shows anymore because i've had enough of it. unless it's comedy or a mini series. i can't take the bullshit it always turns into. movies are better, tell the story in a couple of hours, done.

Attached: 1500410573701.jpg (450x600, 93K)

Standalone movies are a dying breed

good thing there are enough old films then

In order to translate properly it would need to mainly have naval battles then, and Westeros would need to be an archipelago. Otherwise I don't think it could properly portray the unique characteristics of each of the admirals.

But FMA 2003 was the best version of the series? Even better than the canon one.

not since the 5th time Eren the ragetard gets out of a situation by screaming about freedom and gaining an upgrade

Attached: 1534947190692.png (736x884, 302K)

Weebers rise up!

You have no fucking idea what you're talking about. Eren isn't even a ragetard anymore

It was trying to be all the big Gainax mecha series at once and failed at every single way.

Eren is unironically the worst part of the story
>gets in a fight
>loses
>gets in a fight again
>hackerman/random asspull power helps him out
>wins fight
repeat that for every single fight he's in

Attached: nh030c34lnr11.png (2364x1024, 228K)

Name one.

>Transforming a manga about fights into an anime about schoolgirls tripping on the MC.
Index?

>loses first fight against Annie
>wins the second one with the help of mikasa

>loses first fight against Reiner
>wins second one with hardening

>loses fight against WH titan
>wins second round because mikasa

You clearly haven't been reading the manga. You're not describing post basement Eren. Eren stopped being a brianlet ragetard who needed to be saved during the rebellion arc.
Eren is a psychopathic leader 2ho genocides children, civiliand, massacres his enemies and tactics, and launches coups. He's shifted to a cool utilitarian character who will do do anything to achieve his goals

Attached: x8nrn79xgtb21.jpg (2518x1081, 268K)

Why do I get the feeling that if he was winning all on his own every time you'd be complaining about him being overpowered

sorry senpai
we're entering the age of REINER BRONCO
TITANO GIGANTE, the virgin eren is getting wiped the fuck out

Attached: 1543705046189.jpg (576x1024, 103K)

>He's shifted to a cool utilitarian character
At this point he's slaughtering innocents by the tens of thousands and starting wars with the ultimate goal of wiping out his own species. He's not really a cool utilitarian, he's just an out-and-out villain at this point.

He beat Reiner in their first fight, Colossal had to bail Reiner out.
He stomped Reiner in the second fight.
He stomped the Jaw titan.
He stomped the Marley Army.
He only needed a little bit of help with WH Titan because he was surrounded, and he didn't know her abilities yet.
Eren having extra shifter powers doesn't negate the victories
Reiner will job again like he always does
He's clearly pulling a Lelouch

>they are now doing One Punch Man
Is nothing sacred for them?

>beat reiner in the first fight
>with the help of the SC and hackerman
>beat reiner in the second fight
>beat the jaw titan
>beat the marley army
>with the help of SC and hackerman
>only needed a little help
>was basically getting stomped and about to die if mikasa didnt come out of nowhere

Attached: we.gif (500x500, 589K)

on a side note, buster scruggs was such a cozy movie

oh yeah the manga is even worse because of the disgusting art

>the disgusting art
it's good past the first books

>Legends of the galactic heros
That's a show that actually commits to the "no character is safe from death" premise, something Game of Thrones hadn't done in years.

You do realise that Eren isn't the only one fighting, right? He always needed the help, you dumb ape.

well said. I've been struggling to articulate why I find 2003 so much better than Brotherhood and you hit the nail on the head perfectly. I found almost every attribute of Brotherhood to be incredibly shallow compared to 2003, which had superior production quality, more memorable music, some really damn good direction and (most importantly for a fucking anime) a much greater emphasis on the themes and characterization present in the story. Brotherhood was at best a superficially entertaining shonon series with fun characters and cool fights, 2003 was a highly meaningful thematic exploration of loss, religion, science, faith, death, and the idea that life should be "fair". I think people forget how popular FMA was back in like 2006, when only the anime and a few volumes of manga existed, and 2003 doesn't get enough credit for single-handedly carrying it on its back by being so fucking captivating. thanks for effortposting.

Attached: 980x.jpg (980x735, 151K)

>jobner
>ever winning anything

Because they are mostly made as advertisements for the source material.

>2003 was a highly meaningful thematic exploration of loss, religion, science, faith, death, and the idea that life should be "fair"
Why do people insist on pretending that the manga didn't do the same thing?

yes. this a million times

GOTFAGS BTFO

Sometimes they go back and do it right though.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.png (1920x1080, 1.79M)

POST FILLER KINO

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 175K)

I wont watch FMA because a girl I went out with was into it, and she was bipolar and went nuts one night and killed her cat and tried and failed to set the house on fire while dressed in her cosplay outfit with the blue jacket.

I still miss her cat, he was such a bro. I dated her to hang out with him.

It did. It just didn't do it as competently, and didn't translate well to screen. As the user said before, 2003 made changes to the story that made the show superior to any direct adaptation of the manga. If I recall correctly, even the author herself even points out that the manga never really had much emphasis on themes or morals (except maybe "revenge is bad") before 2003 rolled around. I think she comments this in a bonus strip, or one of the bonus books or something.

SEASON 2 NEVER EVER

Attached: Drifters.png (640x400, 547K)

fma B has extremely tone problems, in one scene someone is being gutted and not even a minute later the characters are in chibi format screaming and laughing.
fma 2003 is much more consistent, I can't even bring myself to rewatch brotherhood because of it

LOGH wins my recommendation for best anime ever. The combination of base story and comfy animation just does it for me.

Attached: 55578647-FB6E-4476-B8B0-5E9260478F99.jpg (225x350, 44K)

In inuyasha the filler is actually better than the source material

>took a decade to be finished
I can't imagine having to wait that long just to see the story progress to its end. The suspense must have been immense.

Huh, I only saw the anime and I liked it a lot. The songs were great. Maybe I'll read the manga now.

>JUST a decade
>in singular
>just ten years
oh child you know nothing of suffering

Attached: 1498132072143.jpg (768x768, 133K)

And you occasionally get a good show that manages to have a half decent ending. Both are really really rare.

>As the user said before, 2003 made changes to the story that made the show superior to any direct adaptation of the manga.
How?