NU-Avengers has the same problem Star Was has

There are no written stores to fall back on. SJW marvel has failed and almost gone bankrupt. There are no great story lines for them to convert. White men had a good run. almost 50 years of storys to pull from and adapt. Classics that we grew up reading.

SJW marvel doesn't have that. The writers and artists they green light get their jobs because of their diversity, not their ability.

Much like wiping out all the old Star Wars novels and EU (a lot of those stories sucked but there was some iconic stuff there) you have nothing but shitty hollywood morons who are going to make total shit.

I don't think it's going to be the diversity that kills Marvel like it killed star wars.. but the choices that diversity forces in the creative department. Instead of hiring people who have a love for the medium, they hire people to feel good about themselves. And there isnt' anything for them to say to us.

Attached: 9458d1d7ab1250ccc5a0d4f5a1f59d11cf26dd93_hq.jpg (1024x768, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Doesn't matter how bad the stories are.
If it has epic quips it will keep filling seats.

Thank god I’m not a fan of Marvel or I would be really disappointed with the direction it’s been going lately.

Nah. I think Tony and Steve actually brought a bit of a storytelling core that they won't have. They can't adapt classics like Infinity War or Civil War for fans to care about. They aready did those.

What story can they tell? They have no big conflicts to fight because nobody writes comics at Marvel anymore. It will just be endless preaching.

Their only saivng grace is FF and X-men. They both have decades of iconic ideas to exploint. The avengers? Not so much.

they went to far with the woke stuff in comics and dialed it back
they have a good balance of traditional heros and newfangled woke ones, now
they learned from this mistake and will do the same with the movie universe and will be all the more successful for it

I know your incel outrage youtubers told you Captain Marvel is LITERALLY EXACTLY like The Last Jedi and new Ghostbusters combined, but these are the facts

This. Faige, Favreau and the Roussos aren't stupid. They know what the audience wants.

On /toy/, there's a janny that's really defensive about gwenpool and has deleted entire threads poking fun at her.

Everytime I'm more and more convinced that they publish the comics solely to test the waters. See what works and what doesn't in the comics, then bring it to the big screen.
The comics are dead to me. And I guess the movies will eventually be as well.

0/10

>There are no written stores to fall back on
Are you fucking retarded? They have 50 years of good fucking shit to fall back on but they are too retarded and woke to succeed in doing so

None of the nu-avengers have been around 50 years idiot. They've been around 2 or 3. That's literally my fucking point. They can't tell old stories with these new characters. It wont' work.

Just like star was has no stories to tell.

You are correct. The comics are just R&D for the movies.
They sell fuck all but they get made anyway because they are very cheap to produce and create story ideas for the movies.

Not that this cheapens them creatively. The writers and artist are still as passionate and talented as ever.
If anything they have more wild creative freedom now with this "throw everything at the wall and see what sticks" approach, than when they were concerned about comic book sales.

And that's actually one of the reasons I stopped caring. Reboots, light reboots, retellings, a character you were invested in disappears for no fucking reason, they keep shitting new versions of established heroes that are downright pathetic, etc. Fuck them, I'm done. Same goes for DC. And I'm glad I skipped bullshit like 3 jokers or mecha Batman killing everyone or whatever shit you have.

have sex

Are you guys REALLY doutbing The Feige? The man that ran the MCU with fear and awe, turning it into the biggest franchise the movie business has seen?

Attached: kevin-feige-marvel-studios-variety-cover-story.jpg (1000x563, 249K)

That's what the comics industry has always been like.
It's unavoidable when the same titles constantly change writers and artists.
And that itself is unavoidable because no writer wants to keep write i.e. Spider-Man for his entire career.
There are times however when a decent writer makes a good, long, kick-ass run that defines a character.
Those are worth reading, though they are few and far between.
Comics, like all media, are 10% gold buried in 90% shit.

>have sex
OH MY GOD THAT IS SO FUNNY DID YOU COME UP WITH THAT QUIP ALL ON YOUR OWN?!?

Come back when you get your programming updated.

Secret Invasion...

Yes, but huge changes in status quo used to happen with decades between them. They'd decide a direction and stick to it for many years. New ideas would have enough time to be developed.
Now they change direction completely every few months, and when you get that decent writer doing a good, long run it gets shelved in the middle of it because they decide to go another direction and fuck whatever happened with characters.

Followed by Dark Reign. But they need to establish good villains before doing that, can't do it with Loki alone.

That's why if you want to read comics, you shouldn't follow comic books titles or characters.
You should follow writers you like.

>they went to far with the woke stuff in comics and dialed it back
Did they now? As one who speaks Arrrrrrrr Matey! and has free access to read everything Marvel puts out, I simply refuse to waste my time any more. So even if what you say is correct, how long before that shit comes bubbling back to the surface?

They BROKE fanboys of their decades-long habits of buying floppy pamphlets every week, and are NOT gaining new readers in quantities sufficient to sustain sales for long. Comic Shops are going under at a rapid rate. And new readers are more likely to start with digital than bother with floppies.

>they learned from this mistake
I have seen NO evidence to support your claim. Just because I won't waste my time reading their crap now, doesn't mean there aren't tons of reviewers who still say Marvel is still up to the same SJW bullshit.

These are the FACTS. your claims are just wishful thinking.

'Have sex' is a joke
This is incel programing
Know the difference, it could save your life.
Alos, have sex.

For what it's worth, their "Marvel Legacy" thing is where they dialed back the woke shit and brought back all the traditional characters.

Yeah I don't think people realize. The movies were goodish... but the directors were burning through YEARS of the best comic content known to man just to distill decent films.

Hulk turning on the heroes? Got reduced to a minor plot point in Age of Ultron. AGE of Ultron? One of the biggest events? More like "A week of Ultron".
All that shit about Worldbreaker/WW Hulk got reduced to a side plot on Thor Ragnarok. That, while cool, deserved its own movie of Thor training on some other planet and later coming down to Earth to fight heroes almost causing the apocalypse.

The Civil War, constantly cited as a must read? Just a battle at an airport. And again, those were good movies but they just discarded the possibility of adapting the real civil war. Same with Hulk, he's gone now.
Thor Ragnarok? One of the best movies but it got rid of Asgard and Thor is no longer a king. Goodbye to those years of stories about Thor as an ancient god king surpassing Odin's power and fighting his villain gallery.

The Infinity Saga got 2 long movies and it was cool. But it still is small compared to the comics, and it killed any potential new stories with the stones. That's the way these movies work. We get a decent flick but we won't ever see the real thing.
Seriously, no everyone vs Hull, fuck them.
The best decision they could take is to churn out movies like the X-Men, disregarding the canon and just claiming it's an alternate universe. Logan, Days of the Future Past, Dark Phoenix, X-Men 3, Wolverine Origins... they don't care about continuity. Marvel's only hope is to be like that.

Give me an "Old Man Cap" story about his last mission rated M. An alternate timeline movie with Thor acting as Asgard's king. Hulk going berserk murdering everyone on the planet. Stories about the 5 void years. Etc..

Yeah it's a rehash of secret war. Possible much slim pickings

>'Have sex' is a joke
IF IT DOESN'T RING UP IT MUST BE FREEEEE! HARHARHARHARHARHAR!

Go back to kindergarten if you want to surround yourself with such sub-plebian "humor".

>There are no great story lines for them to convert.
What? I know it's too much to ask for Yea Forums to know about comics since not even Yea Forums actually reads it, but seriously are you guys retarded?
Literally tons of great arcs and stories from the decades of publishing.
>None of the nu-avengers have been around 50 years idiot. They've been around 2 or 3.
>Carol Danvers is one of the first female superheroes, has no great stories of her own but has been around for decades
>Fucking Spider-man
>Black Panther
>Wanda
>War Machine
>Falcon
>Bucky
>Dr Strange
>Ant-man, not the Avengers founding member but one that has been around also for decades(and is also cooler despite me loving comics Pym)
Literally not ONE of these is a recent character.
Also, the MCU has been picking up comic stories just as a template for YEARS now, IW was completely different in the comics with different and they still adapted it to fit their universe.
>TL;DR: you're all just fucking retarded

>different characters*
Guess being on Yea Forums too long has also made me a retard

>For what it's worth, their "Marvel Legacy" thing is where they dialed back the woke shit and brought back all the traditional characters.

Bringing back the traditional characters doesn't mean dick if they don't act like themselves, or are only there to pump up the newbies and tell us how much they like them (Like Endgame where they put it in the TRAILER where Thor tells everyone he likes Captain Marvel)

Marvel Comics has DESTROYED the fans trust. You can draw the traditional characters, but you still have the same sickos behind the scenes forcing their politics, insecurities and hatreds into the writing.

I'm legitimately done with Marvel.

>>Fucking Spider-man
Did his Uncle Stark teach him about Great Power and Responsibility? MCU's Spider-Twink isn't SpiderMan, he's just a cosplayer. Why bother with dealing with the entire central themes of WHY Spidey is who he is when we can devote more time to his United Colors Of Benneton Friends who like to be "woke" and tell their whyte professors what the slaves built? The president of the Tony Stark Fan Club is not the SpiderMan that Marvel was built on.

Who the fuck can build stories off of rotten foundations? These hacks get the basics all wrong.

I think it's for the best if it ends with Endgame and we merely get solo films for the following years that aren't part of a bigger plan.
People love Spiderman. It doesn't need to lead up to anything, just tell more Spiderman stories.
On the Avengers.. the important ones are gone. X-Men and F4nt4stic already got their stories told too many times THOUGH Spiderman got 2 trilogies and the MCU still managed to make him feel fresh, so I'm hoeful for them.

You didn't name any storylines to adapt.

But the profit motive has been replaced with social media censorship and “right-think” nothing of substance can be produced under such conditions.

>People love Spiderman.
Correct. But who loves Spider-Twink, President of the Tony Stark Dick-Sucking Fan Club?

Please stop baiting with that.

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home.jpg (3975x3056, 3.82M)

"storylines" are really about villains
there's 50 years worth of unused villains for them to draw on
they haven't even touched on shit like
>sinister six
>kang
>annihilus
>mephisto
>beyonder
>maestro
>super skrull
>sentry
>vulcan
>ares
>sin
off the top of my head
plus all the villains that fox shat up but MCU has the chance to do right, now:
>doom
>magneto
>galactus
>apocalypse
that's at least 20 more years of MCU capeshit right here

>MCU is adapting one of the most obscure old and a literal no-one gives a fuck team with The Eternals and Yea Forums still thinks they're just gonna go with the stupidest shit Marvel comics has put out in the last decade
They can even use the characters, but the MCU has proven time and again they can adapt some stuff better than the comics, just look at fucking Civil War. Movie CW was a mess but comics CW was pure garbage

>Seething
Homecoming is a bad Spider-man movie and i hate this Spidey but yes, he is fucking Spider-Man nigga, he's a character that hasn't been around for only 3 years. He works within the universe they set, just like the storylines they chose to adapt work within their universe, despite some being stupid

>google.com
Go fuck yourself

>But who loves Spider-Twink
I saw Endgame twice. Once at the premiere, once a week later.
Both times the audience clapped and cheered when Spider-Man shows up alive

but Ms. Marvel, Gwenpool, Squirrel Girl, Amadeus Cho, female Hawkeye, and Miles are all good

Don't forget Shuma

Attached: I drank the spoild milk of dead stars - Shuma..png (990x602, 1.52M)

Kids still love him, but I'll give you that. Even I like him for "being spiderman", my perceptions are built upon the Sam Raimi trilogy and the Garfield movies ... but about MCU Spiderman I don't recall anything relevant. He was present at the airport battle, had a solo movie.. and that's it. He's still a secondary character here, let's see if he proves himself in Far from Home.

But not aging him up 5 years was a mistake. Characters should have aged while snapped. Spiderman is ALL about being a responsible adult working with Jonah Jameson taking pics as Peter Parker then fighting crime as Spiderman and having love stories with Mary Jane and Gwen. And the occassional guilt over Ben's words about power and responsability, and fighting Venom and the Green Goblin.

You talk Spiderman? Those are his stories. Somehow the MCU doesn't have any of that since he's a kid. No ben, no mature love story, no venom, no job...

Spiderman a zoomer
Nobody cared about black panther but he's been around since the sixties and has zero big story arcs.
Wanda is meh.
That has nothing to do with what's been going on for the last five years and that's what the new characters are.

There are no stories about black captain America or noglette iron man worth telling. None. No stories about female Thor. Those books failed. How many times does it have to be typed for you to get it.

Ah so still nothing.
I can't Google something that doesn't exist you coping sjw fag.

Soul-devouring squirrelgirl, soulless Hulk.
That dragonfly girl and the emperor-looking dude seem interesting.Everything else is meh.

they've never adapted storylines directly, retard. they just get ideas and remix them to make a movie script
black captain america & co vs kang, using ideas from all the times when the avengers fought kang
there. there's a fucking movie. your argument is retarded.
also there's no black woman iron man or female thor in the MCU currently. there is however dr. strange, thor, etc from the good old characters, plus soon to come FF and X-Men
stop being an ASSBLASTED incel and think straight

The only bullying in his life is a single pajeet calling him a dickwad once in a while. Being Spider-man doesn't conflict with school at all.
Aunt May already knows his secret.
Most action happens on field trips.

If anything the villains will shine more since this new Spidey is hollow

Animated Gwenpool movie when?

>I can't google decades worth of storylines because i'm fucking retarded and have to chalk my retardation to ~le SJW boogeyman
Learn how to use the internet

>I haven't actually checked any new comics
>They're all shit, though
>THAT'S A FACT

It's a nice trade off. They made the fucking Vulture into an interesting villain, since Spidey has so little presence at least the baddies will shine and the movie will be good thanks to it.

Trying so hard. Kang? Lol
You still don't understand the basic concept of this post. You're a brainlet out of his depth or a shill

Attached: Euron.png (1440x960, 659K)

yes, kang. classic avengers villain, like so many others that haven't been used yet.
also good job ignoring the point of my post

I get the sad feeling the Phase 4 Avengers will turn into an adaptation of Johnathan Hickman's shitty Bokurano ripoff storyline.

Why does Western capeshit art look so bad?

Attached: 1554899136620.jpg (704x960, 93K)

Bokurano is great, what did he do? Mass murder with Richard's kid and his reality warping?

Maybe the coloring, maybe the facial features and skin. They just don't look appealing.

Attached: SOULvsSOULLESS.jpg (678x452, 77K)