Who the fuck wants this?

Who the fuck wants this?
Who gave him the fucking money?

Attached: IMG_20190506_005906.jpg (749x1103, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

james-camerons-avatar.fandom.com/wiki/Interstellar_Vehicle_Venture_Star
youtu.be/vklW7vWpF6E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

power

Marvel is finished OP. Move on lad

Gee I really wonder (((who)))?

I can't belive we're going to have six years of niggers bitching about being portrayed as blue aliens

2 will probably do alright but 3 will definitely bomb. It's way too soon to try and compete with the MCU. Disney even tried with Star Wars and look what happened.

I don’t get why he wouldn’t ride the hype train and put out a movie earlier. Waiting for 11 years and then shitting out a movie almost every year doesn’t make sense

Attached: 501AD3B7-FC5D-4B85-85BE-6D4D7B27A4EE.png (400x400, 121K)

It's still the highest grossing film of all the time so obviously they are going to want to fund sequels

He fears capeshit. So he's gonna milk his worst series. This fucking guy thinks he's the savior of cinema

me
and me

He's James Cameron. The movie will beat Avatar 1. It's not like there was some hype fanbase for Avatar 1 anyway.

>The movie will beat Avatar 1
fat chance

Based Jimbo coming to destroy capeshit and save cinema.

That's what everyone said about Avatar 1 being a success in any way.

The King of Kinos will be back. As the worlds environment turns to shit, the Avatars will just become more and more relevant.

Attached: terminator_2_prison.jpg (650x300, 19K)

60fps
11 years + advances on 3D technology
State of the art visual FX
A four part epic written to completion before the first shot is even filmed
It’s James Cameron

I’ve been let down by too many franchises to care anymore, but I’m looking forward to see the first trailer.

>60 fps
You act like this is a good thing

Imagine 22 Avatar movies, each making 3b+.
MARVEL BTFO

I couldn't care less about these films and don't know a single person who does either. It will be hilarious to see these things bomb

Disney owns everything. Who cares

He's gonna die before he gets to the end
screen cap this

Alita bombed

fuck you and your dubs

due to Rodriguez and his shitty directing

Attached: terminator-2.jpg (1000x667, 50K)

Nobody, but the fact the madman has fucking 4 sequels lined up and seems to be absolutely committed to them makes me think he'll come up with something glorious even if just a glorious mess.

he hasn't made a bad film.
why do retards like the OP still doubt him?

>60fps
why
>3D
why

nobody. Avatar 3-4-5 will be cancelled after 2 bombs.

>he hasn't made a bad film.
user...

Attached: file.png (780x534, 353K)

who doesn't?
just hope it's revolutionary and not just the same thing with better graphics

Attached: E4C471FC-2CAE-43B9-86CF-CF188F02CEFD.png (1360x1103, 45K)

He was waiting for VR technology to mature.

They are quite literally portrayed as apes kek. This is an improvement

Attached: images(22).jpg (739x415, 25K)

>directed by Robert Rodriguez
youre a retard

Kinos in the making. James is saving cinema again from capeshit.

This guy gets it

This.
You know that part in Avatar where they get in the machines and their mind goes into Alien body?
That will literally happen to you at the theater with a VR setup.

>Avatar 3-4-5 will be cancelled after 2 bombs.
Are you trolling or did your inbred mother genuinely not teach you how to count?

His last great movies was T1
His last good movies was Abyss

>2 bombs
on curiosity alone it will not bomb. Even you fags who hate it will be compelled because you focus your entire life on going to the cinema every week

not to mention the disneyland attraction is by far the most popular of them now

one of them, or both (likely both):
1. He knew this capeshit autism would be none stop for at least a decade and simply wished to wait it out and learn some stuff along the way

2. He's Cameron, and wished to make some revolutionary like he did back then. He knew, least I hope, what made it so good. He took those key elements and created something even more beautiful, more perfected.

We'll see for sure though, honestly those marvel movies felt kinda rushed and dry, touching on great themes... but quite literally just touching them and not exploring theme in depth.
As an user said, he'll make aquaman look like a saturday morning cartoon.

>Waiting for 11 years and then shitting out a movie almost every year doesn’t make sense
he was trying to get glasses free 3D to work but comprised on 16ft deep 3D instead

simply wasn't satisfied with the technology and went to improve it

The problem is that Avatr came before the MArvel craze and SW sequels. There was no equivalent to big blockbuster full of visual effects, But now we are saturated with it. I didn't like Avatar and never understood the success.

And that's a good thing

Avatar was itself a bad film in every facet but its cutting-edge visual technology.
>rehashed space pocahontas

Having said that, I expect he'll do better with the sequels. I don't think they'll be nearly as successful as the original, though.

Everyone went to see Avatar because they were memed into believing it was some sort of groundbreaking cinematic experience, but nobody really liked it. It's the most pathetic, forgettable shit ever.
Now that the novelty aspect is played out, unless these sequels have a solid story and great characters, they might be a big failure.

I don't think the first one had any cultural impact. I mean does anyone talk about it? I haven't seen anyone even mentioning it, so why would you make 4 sequels? I don't think people even remember the characters or the plot, which was basically Pocahontas/Ferngully/ Dances with Wolves in space. I realized that this is one of the reasons why the movie had no cultural impact. People remember the 3d but they don't remember the story. Am I the only who sees this?

>unless these sequels have a solid story and great characters
Avaturd 1 had the most generic characters and story ever. A2 would be flop. 3d scam didn’t really click for people.

>3d scam didn’t really click for people.
$2.7B disagrees with you

This will never happen.

Everyone but avatarfags sees this. They're just trying to make the movie a success with meme magic.
And everyone of them citing the parks should look 2 seconds on reviews of the shit to see that people are not really happy with it.

Yeah it worked once and after avashit every big movie was WATCH NOW IN 3D but eventually this garbage fell off and now nobody cares for 3d

by the way I'm one of the few fags who love 3D movies; these Avatar sequels are probably going to be shit, but hopefully Cameron manages to push some new HFR 3D TV tech.

Gone with the wind is the highest grossing film of all time.

how many days until Avengers 4 beats that?

What do you want? More capecrap with Brae at the wheel?

>They're just trying to make the movie a success with meme magic.
It's kind of amazing, honestly. Cameron is really some sort of meme magician because he managed to create this big illusion of Avatar being great. He definitely believes it himself too, and the illusion is still there cloaking the truth of how forgettable it is; it's so transparent but somehow nobody has managed to dispel it.

Attached: F258D336-1C39-4EF4-9BC0-7C22D5105962.jpg (570x587, 40K)

>its okay when disney releases a marvel movie every year but its not okay when james cameron does it

>capecrap with Brae at the wheel
Still better than avatar

you seem to have a personal hateboner for these big blue space cats
may I suggest...

Attached: alfred's advice.jpg (490x578, 54K)

Please tell me what makes Avatar great then, beside the 3D-rollercoaster meme.

how about neither?

I hope this bombs and they will cancel 3-5 and that faggot kills himself by drowning in the ocean, uttering some Navi bullshit made-up lingo phrase

can't tell if avatarfags are baiting or completely delusional lmao

I cant tell if you got lost here on your way to reddit or are a retard

>60fps
dropped at concept stage.
enjoy your BBC pseudo-documentary soap opera about jungle furries in space.
anything above 24fps can and never will be kino nor film nor cinema. just dreck.

there's your avatarfag safe space, faggot

>there's your avatarfag safe space
I see youre new here

Avatar was spectacular but the story was pretty meh and it would have been so easy to make it more compelling, i presume it was intentional so that people wouldnt miss what was going on while marvelling at the scenery. he wiill have to ramp up the story for the next ones because fancy graphics while nice arnt exactly a rarity anymore.

Avatar is reddit incarnate movie though. Muh noble savages, muh climate change etc.

>t. triggered avatarshit
you're the only newfaggot here
if you weren't you'd know we shit on everything here, including your blue alien cat shitfest

>each post is in complete rage
>y-youre triggered
lol

>we shit on everything here
How to detect a newfag trying to fit it 101

>climate change ain't real
>genocide is cool
You are retard incarnate.

>I-I'm not m-mad! y-you a-are
stay ASSBLASTED avatarshit

> 11years to make avatar 2
> one year later they release avatar 3

Attached: 1548368190958.png (657x527, 38K)

He literally must have autism to be doing this.

>simplifying these topics to black and white
Yeah. Literally plebbit.

>Who the fuck wants this?
Nobody. The first Avatar made bank because 3D was a novel breakthrough in cinema.

How new r u? Jim Cam will always be red pilled Yea Forums kino.

Pretty sure he is working on them all the last decade you absolute dumb fucking frogposter

Why do people like Avatar? It´s dogshit, back in the day everyone wanted to see it because of "muh 3D", but the plot is mediocre, the special effects aged like shit, the music is generic and Cameron is a hack...

Attached: momgonafreag.jpg (225x225, 10K)

He's still making breakthroughs in technology with this shit, prepare to be blown on your fucking ass marvel bab

I thought Thought blue man group were native Americans.

>"4-Yea Forums l-loves Avatar"
>everyone but one delusional autist shits on it
kek

Not gonna lie I'm kind of hyped for Avatar 2 just for the memes on Yea Forums.

never seen so much anger on Yea Forums except against Avatar
this place is confirmed reddit

>James Cameron was young. He had just directed Avatar. Cameron had called a meeting to discuss his "next project." Everyone knew Cameron had written a treatment for Avatar 2,3 and 4. We expected a professional pitch from Cameron, an outline and a treatment of what he had in mind with a cursory budget; perhaps a couple assistants to run a slide show. Instead Cameron walked in the room without so much as a piece of paper. He went to the chalk board in the room and simply wrote the word AVATAR. Then he added an 'S' to make AVATARS. Dramatically, he drew two vertical lines through the 'S', AVATAR$. He turned around and grinned. We green-lit the project that day.

Those Marvel niggers will NEVER have Oscar.

Attached: 3-james-cameron.jpg (624x788, 119K)

>anger on Yea Forums surprises him
Go back to redit then idiot

>Who gave him the fucking money?
the free market

>“I’m hoping we’ll start getting ‘Avenger’ fatigue here pretty soon,” Cameron said. “Not that I don’t love the movies. It’s just, come on guys, there are other stories to tell besides hyper-gonadal males without families doing death-defying things for two hours and wrecking cities in the process. It’s like, oy!”

>proceeds to want to make 7 more Avatars

>makes highest grossing film ever twice in a row
>"can I have some funds?"
What do you think they would say?

>Disney CEO Bob Iger revealing the fourth and fifth films have yet to be greenlit.

Uh uh uhhhh cameron

Producer Jon Landau said they are already filming Avatar 4 and that the media must have misinterpreted the information.

Holy shit, who gave him money to make sequels to the most successful movie of all time? What idiots!

What doesn't? The none edgy somewhat actually legitimate ayyz, the concept of the corruption of mindless "manifest destiny", the mechas and using them properly- this was another key
it actually made sense and was satisfying seeing people do realistic, non-stupid, stuff

lmao @ the SEETHING avatarfag itt

OzO

Alita was by far the best looking movie I've seen, I have faith in ol Jimbo

Attached: 1551245030690.jpg (1200x829, 229K)

kill yourself tranny

Fuck you I'm hype.
Wanna see Jake and Neytiri fuck shit up side by side.
Trudy and Grace and gonna get magic-rez'd by Eywa, and Quaritch will likely come back in somewhat the same manner.
Mo'at will still be a MILF. Tsu'Tey will still be dabbed on by Jake.

I remember the plot, piece for piece.
I remember the names of the characters.
I remember the very nice scenes and shots of the landscapes.
I feel like I'm one of the few that does.

Black Panther won 3 Oscars last year.

LOW FRAMERATE GOOD
HIGH FRAMERATE BAD

Attached: z0m1tcjaotm01.jpg (800x450, 41K)

Name a more scientifically realistic interstellar spacecraft, I dare you.
james-camerons-avatar.fandom.com/wiki/Interstellar_Vehicle_Venture_Star

Attached: Isv.jpg (1920x1080, 380K)

Not Best Picture

Have se

I loved nearly every shot in Avatar. The fucking night scene in the forest with the Viperwolves and then the following slowly appearing biolumiescence of the forest around Jake as his torch was extinguished was fucking gorgeous.

Avatar wasn't even a visually impressive movie. It only did well because 3D was new and people wanted to experience 3D.

This is what capequeers don't understand about good worldbuilding. All that info for a ship that appears in the movie for like 30 minutes

I'm pretty sure you made up them names

HA no.
Neytiri is the love interest.
Eytukan is Neytiri's dad, the chief of the Omaticaya tribe, the one we see as the main tribe in the film.
Mo'at is Neytiri's mother, the shaman or spirit leader/co-leader of the tribe.
Tsu'Tey is the stupid fuckface that wanted to so a frontal assault on technologically advanced humans and thought he would win, also battles Jake for dominace over Neytiri, which was cut from the final film and is in the deleted scenes of the directors cut. He'e the guy that jumps into a ship and starts beating people around the head with his bow and then gets pwned, falling to his death, which Jake then honour-kills him after the battle.

Do I gotta go on? There's Grace, Norm, Trudy, Quartich, Max, Selfridge... Lotta characters.

>Avatar wasn't even a visually impressive movie
Yes it fucking was you retard, find me a CGI sequence in any film since 2009 that holds up as well as this
youtu.be/vklW7vWpF6E

Attached: 0JRofTsuy93evl_J5.jpg (680x400, 29K)

this is so fucking cool. Cameron always nails the spaceships

It looks like a pre-rendered video game cutscene. It looks mediocre at best.

no it doesn't, avatar would look good if released today. Especially compared to capeshit

Attached: Neytirihavingaorgasm.webm (1280x720, 686K)

>find me a CGI sequence in any film since 2009 that holds up as well as this

I want to fuck this space cat.

Attached: SYSTEM_SHUTDOWN_IMMINENT.jpg (552x437, 26K)

It looks like a pre-rendered video game cutscene. It looks mediocre at best.

>He isn't looking forward to the Abatap sequels just to see the humans win
They're being lead by Carmela from the Sopranos this time around.

Attached: 1521807980662.jpg (2560x1440, 613K)

>Yea Forums has recently been making fun of Avatar for people not knowing any characters
>(you) coincidentally are now an encyclopedia
Doesn't change that nobody cares lmao

>tv/ has recently been making fun of Avatar for people not knowing any characters
Reddit has, not Yea Forums

I'm just one autistic retard that loved the film and the universe and wanted it to be more loved.

They won't win because it's all about pushing the message of HUMANS DESTROY THINGS WE HAVE TO BE BETTER.
Next film is about saving the oceans or something to that effect.

No one bothers spending hundreds of millions of dollars on a CGI movie because they're not going to make a profit.

>capecuck can't even argue his case

every time

Attached: vengefultiri.webm (1280x720, 1.38M)

Dude, I WISH game cutscenes looked this good.

>Yea Forums has recently been flooded with capeshitters excited about their latest flick
>Yea Forums suddenly starts hating on based Cameron and Avatar
We can spot you a mile away, reddit scum.

Attached: 1415129272547.jpg (512x2967, 453K)

this is Yea Forums not Yea Forums, take your ps2 games elsewhere

>he was trying to get glasses free 3D to work
Would never work

I want it. Jim's going to bring the fucking thunder.

>can't even find ONE sequence (also doesn't understand the meaning of "sequence") in the ELEVEN YEARS that Avatar has been out that tops it
W E W

that's what they said about the titanic

>2019
>still watching cartoons

Avatar was the highest grossing movie of all time wasn't it? Of course they're going to milk that tit for all its worth. Everyone likes money.

That's what butthurt haters actually believe. Cry more.

The story is largely based on Pocahontas. I am curious if Cameron will make something completely original next or what it could be inspired by otherwise.

Attached: жена.jpg (399x399, 26K)

>legitimate ayyz
>the mechas and using them properly
Is this seriously the best you could come up with when trying to describe what makes Avatar great "using mechs properly"? holy... lol
As for "manifest destiny" well, that was covered in movies like Pocahontas. You are a literal pseud.

>Too retarded to read the second half of his post
Begone, Zoomercel.

>le hoomans bad!

Imagine marvelfags having the gall to call Avatar's story unoriginal when the vast majority of the MCU flicks are all the same generic origin story

It'd be easy to do but it's a waste of money.

>That's what butthurt haters actually believe. Cry more.

abatap is that you bro?

>It'd be easy to do but it's a waste of money.
I've never seen such a pathetic attempt at coping in my life

Attached: 1524346672511.png (247x242, 89K)

yeah and the titanic sank

to the top of the box office

Wow it's absolutely nothing. And dragging for too long as well.

>your ps2 games
that are literally the last 4-5 marvel shits

all cgi in films is ps2 tier

>Wow it's absolutely nothing
So why don't you
>find me a CGI sequence in any film since 2009 that holds up as well as this

k

Maybe (I'm hoping) these movies stray from the generic action drama of the first and delve into a more DUNE-esque style of storytelling.

Attached: 1548055929189.jpg (500x667, 57K)

Really? I mean sure it looked decent, but BEST LOOKING?

Man watch more movies, and maybe have sex.

Attached: 1552612753127.jpg (640x640, 33K)

Welcome back

Attached: Abby_ban_compilation_abatap_avatar.png (3329x4900, 2.57M)

literally vidya tier
actually scratch that, vidya look better than that these days

you have no clue what lead to avatar one being successful, it was in theaters for 6 months and was riding the "3D revival" meme. No one cares about this shit anymore

no one man should have all that power

>me in 2009
>awatar is quite unoriginal, it only has eye candy going for it
>me in 2019 after 10 years of bottom of the barrel capeshit
>YES; MORE AVATAR PLEASE!

How he will milk this story in 5 parts?

Attached: 51Ovtv8+SGL._SY445_.jpg (316x445, 31K)

Looks really, REALLY dated. Look at the necklace at 0:23, the trinkets are clearly 2D, almost distractingly so.

Attached: 1543507797498.jpg (133x146, 7K)

Cyka yeah!

Attached: IMG_20180502_004251.jpg (600x800, 86K)

Attached: 1427933903029s.jpg (250x233, 4K)

They're just going to re-use assets for the next movies.

I love this design.

>james-camerons-avatar.fandom.com/wiki/Interstellar_Vehicle_Venture_Star
based Jim

this, i used to think avatar was meh, then we got 10 years of pure garbage
please forgive us jim

wait i thought it was about the Avatar cartoon, not the blue cats Avatar

wtf bros i dont care about this shit anymore

You know, on one hand I don't particularly want to see this, on the other I do want to know where he's going with it.

60 FPS on a movie doesn’t fit well enough retard. It’s meant mostly for gaming.

>cameron shits out 4 consecutive 3.0B dollar Avatars

Yea... Im thinking hes back

Been working on the set of avatar 2. Let’s just say cinema will get the kick in it’s balls it’s needed for a while now

What kind of story can they possibly go for?

They already did the 'industrial society exploiting natives' thing.

Is it true that the Na'vi are going to use human weapons/tech? That was the rumor I heard.

Straight autism

>Being so crazy you imagine yourself into a movie set that doesn't even exist
Seek help.
Have sex.