Binging game of thrones has got me interested in the fantasy genre so I watch LOTR to tide me over until the next...

Binging game of thrones has got me interested in the fantasy genre so I watch LOTR to tide me over until the next episode. It was ok but I noticed a small plot hole. If the evil king needs to steal Frodo’s ring for its magic why did they risk bringing it so close to him? Why didn’t Gandalf warg into a bird an d carry it out over the ocean and drop it? Or why not hide it in some random place like a crypt or the bottom of a swamp or even a bog?

Attached: 5D2A1ABB-AA5D-4FE2-BD62-8E6CD2C1FD1E.jpg (1978x2936, 2.42M)

This question has been answered literally 10 billion times.

Someone derail this into a taxposting thread instead.

Attached: Sage.jpg (1600x1200, 396K)

>why did they risk bringing it so close to him?
to destroy it
>Why didn’t Gandalf warg into a bird
cause he cant
>the ocean and drop it? Or why not hide it in some random place like a crypt or the bottom of a swamp or even a bog?
because "evil is drawn to the ring", which is demonstrated multiple times through the story, the ringwraiths 'smell' it as the hobbits hide on the side of the road, the tentacle monster outside moria detects it and grabs frodo, gollum has almost like GPS-tier tracking for the ring, and so on. any source of evil that found the ring would then equip it, alerting sauron to its location(he can detect when its being used)

learn2lotr

Attached: 1556505692089.jpg (1000x2071, 491K)

Did you even watch the films? Literally all of your questions are answered in the first 20 mins. And Gandalf can’t warg. Stop acting like this is martinshit

The movies dont really address these things. The book really does explain pretty much all of the plot holes people always bitch about. Yes, even the Eagles.

I don’t like novelizations it’s cheating, if you can’t tell your story within the film don’t expect me to go read some fan fiction to get the full story

>The movies dont really address these things.

"And the Ring? You feel its power growing, don't you? I've felt it too. You must be careful now. Evil will be drawn to you from outside the Fellowship... and, I fear, from within."

(You) for boldness

No not like that, the te tacle beast outside of Moria should have been shouting "Where is the ring it calls to me!". Maybe the nazgul could have been whispering about how they are drawn to the ring

you dont belong here redditor

Attached: Screenshot_20190505-235703~2.png (1440x780, 84K)

Then how did he get all those eagles to save Frodo at the end?

Attached: Screenshot_20190505-235645~2.png (1440x1497, 1.07M)

rofl r u srs

Yeah won't read the game of thrones books either

Is his work translated or written in English?

For the same reason Rahegar lies in the bottom of the sea.

Attached: 1556672702998.png (258x544, 130K)

>why not hide it in some random place like a crypt or the bottom of a swamp or even a bog?
Sauron was already about to take over the world, destroying the ring was the only thing that could stop him. hiding it would barely even delay the inevitable

Is mount doom a magic volcano or something? Why couldn't it just get tossed into a different volcano?

>whats the elvish word for audit?

Attached: 123-12-700x438.jpg (700x438, 36K)

>This question has been answered literally 10 billion times.
yes yes however this particular shitpost hasn't