The ironborn are usele-

welp, I guess Yea Forums was BTFO yet again.

Attached: GSAdQN[1].png (533x507, 425K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OiHtCzLFymM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What a chad

Attached: mpv-shot0004.jpg (334x351, 34K)

>nobody invented ballistas during the time of dragons in the past
>half of danys army is in ships and euron the pirate king gets the drop on them but somehow they survive on a beach

>"Euron, I know the Ironborn are great archers, but this isn't an ordinary bow and arrow!"

>"If it's got wood, string, and spits out pointy sticks, I can shoot it. You got that!?"

>main skill is sailing, which amounts to yelling at mutes to do his job for him
>is somehow proficient in a brand new technology after 2 weeks and has pinpoint accuracy shooting flying targets that were impossible to fucking conceive of as little as a few months ago

I’m so fucking sick of this OP teleporting motherfucker

FUCK. I don’t even care that another dragon died, even though it was very sad. (Why didn’t they have dragon armor??) I’m pissed that they literally didn’t see this fucker somehow and he snuck up on them AT HER OWN GODDAMN CASTLE and then he dunks on her dragons with a laser beam magical ballista

Such shit writing. It was bad when he did literally the same fucking thing before and took out her fleet last time and he does the SAME FUCKING THING. AGAIN.

Then the producer had the gall to say
>lol maybe she just forgot about the fleet lmao

Why didn't the ironborn take dragonstone to kill anyone who would try to make landing there after getting BTFO'd on the ocean?

and when did they capture missandei? wtf?

Why even have a fleet when they get btfo by Euron every single time?

And next episode they’re gonna pull some bullshit like having Drogon somehow torch the fleet even though they couldn’t even get near last time

>entirety of danys army is north
>dont take dragonstone unapposed for presumably months
Is this worse than it being abandoned the first time dany gets there?

It’s even worse than that. Not only do they not take the castle, but since they don’t take the castle, that means that whoever they left there let Eurons fleet just hang out nearby and wait to ambush Dany for presumably weeks at the very least

Shit went full retard

>they somehow made EURON GREYJOY killing a FUCKING DRAGON bland and passe

someone wanna tell me how these arrows totally fucked up a dragon that were shot miles away, but the ones in season 7 barely hurt Drogon?

These were giant arrows from ballistas, not puny small bow arrows

the one bron shot Drogon with was a ballista

No, they had ballistas. Nobody thought to use them until Bronn did. He's literally the first fucker to figure this shit out, because the writers couldn't think of anything better.

Attached: Bronn-ballista.jpg (1536x864, 143K)

TASTE MY COCK BITCH AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

>that weapon literally doesnt exist

>Be the Night King
>A demigod of Death and Darkness with 10,000 years
>Have the ability to kill dragons with a shitty spear
>Get outclassed by some faggot sailor
Excellent writing 10/10 bravo

>ballistas
they didnt have them during the middle ages
>very inaccurate at the ranges shown in the show
>takes dozens of men to load the weapon and over 2 minutes to reload
large ballistas to get the range of the show would be the size of a ship and take over 30 men to load

Attached: stone.png (1239x779, 505K)

Have the ironborn always been ballistics experts?

are you so stupid and illiterate that you think there were no ballistas in the middle ages? what the fuck do you think dromons and galleys use to shoot other ships, brainlet?

Attached: medieval ballista.jpg (1280x1020, 559K)

Why didn't Dany just fly very high up into the air at an angle which the ballistae couldn't reach and then just swoop down and destroy the Iron Fleet with Drogon?

Because Qyburn upgraded the ballistae, duh. They can shoot at any angle and their bolt fly in a staright line until they hit something they have no range restrictions, obviously.

its a weapon from ancient Greece you fucking mongoloid. So about over a thousand years before the middle ages.

Technically speaking he is correct, torsion ballistas fell out of use after the fall of Roman Empire.

But then again, stuff they use in the show aren't ballistas either, but oversized variations of a siege crossbow, which was used in the Middle Ages.

these ballista were better than age of sail ship of the line cannons. I feel like someone working at HB O played some high elf campaigns of total warhammer 2 and decided oh yeah they can totally fire 100 rounds a minute and smash through both sides of a ship like cannons.

>Technically speaking he is correct
no he is just wrong. They fell out of use yes as they where more complicated than their wroth and more effective and cheaper alternatives existed.
But that is really only in Europe as they still saw use in the east. Middle ages does not equal Europe only.
>stuff they use in the show aren't ballistas either, but oversized variations of a siege crossbow, which was used in the Middle Ages.
true true

So was a Kraken a bit much for the budget? Guess seeing Raegar getting popped like a piñata and ships getting swiss cheezed by really quick 3-meter toothpics was... more realistic?

Attached: 5F7B899D-DBF1-4931-97A9-2F7B8B67F5CC.jpg (640x641, 66K)

And how the fuck did Targs conquer Westeros if takes just a big crossbow to kill a dragon

The first dragon invasion happened way before ballista technology and the last dragon of record was the size of a cat. They probably had ballistas kicking around for occasional sieges or whatever, but the idea of using them to confront dragons was novel. Specifically I suppose the high-angle firing and 360 maneuverability would be new inventions.

Ballistas have been around way before middle ages

bigger dragons+dragon armor

Qyburn made that shit you absolute retard

Say about it what you want, but you can't deny his chad-status!

>nothing happens
>fanservice
>cringe
>nothing happens
>fanservice
>cringe
>suddenly kind Cersei
>nothing happens
>fanservice
>cringe
What a nice show

Attached: DuvRWwgWoAAf_f8.jpg (1228x1150, 91K)

Isn't Euron supposed to be a badass pirate wizard with an eyepatch?

thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=OiHtCzLFymM

Isn’t Night King supposed to be a thousand year apocalyptic threat?

I havent been here the past couple of days
Has anyone explained why they thought sailing ships to King's Landing was a good idea? Show Euron is proven to be easily the most competent and vicious seaman in all of Westeros. Wouldn't Yara have told Theon about everything she knew about Euron's fleet?

>Ballistas can only fire in line of sight
>Dany didn't see them
>Hidden behind rock
>can somehow still fire direct shots from at least two different angles right after another
>Dany flies right at them
>thousand ballistas shoot at the same time
>arrows still fly parallel instead of converging on one spot and are way off
>Dany turns around in last second and they still miss
>those bolts then shatter entire ships and go through and through
Why did anyone invent cannons when you could just use medieval exocet missiles?

I like how they have perfect accuracy until they dont

Even without the dragons, wouldn't this completely change ship warfare? Weren't they ramming ships before this?

Excellent writing as usual on this fantastic show

How convenient that Jon wasn't riding the dragon this time. He what's that in the sand there is that the script?

Why didn't Stannis use ballistas at the battle of blackwater

to be fair the dragons are pretty useless in this series to
basically everything in got sucks

>ballistas are better than fucking cannons

it's harder to hit something when they know they are being aimed at

What's the difference between a ballista and a siege crossbow?

He's so fucking annoying

Even modern artillery with computers need corrections after the first shot

The worse thing is that they could have made the dragon be killed by the night king. Somehow they tought that bullshit was better.