Are these unironically the most iconic pop culture figures ever?

Are these unironically the most iconic pop culture figures ever?

Attached: F0C1F1EB-4481-4C23-869C-E1A984433FBE.jpg (1200x900, 337K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FRSr0GprIIw
gundamvskitty.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Needs Homer Simpson desu
inb4 sneed

I'd take out one of the Disney bitches or Harry Potter and put in Superman.

Alice?
Is she really in the top 12?
Replace her with Superman.

Harry Potter is literally just as globally iconic as Star Wars

Joker is not iconic. He’s just a batman villain

Let me see:
>Odysseus
>Dante
>Literally any of Dickens characters
>Ahab
>Ismael
>Milton’s Satan
>Achilles
>Hector
>Aeneas
>King Arthur
>Raskolnikov
Literally read a book you dumb faggot

Attached: 1519254373335.png (702x702, 561K)

99 % of the world doesn’t know who any of those characters are

Maybe 100 years ago those characters would have been the most iconic, but today movie/TV/vidya characters are far more well known because people don't read anymore.

this or Bart

bootleg shirts of "EAT MY SHORTS" used to be the ultimate example of pop culture's reach into third world countries

>pop culture

That explains the trouble that I'm always in
Always in

youtube.com/watch?v=FRSr0GprIIw

Yes but you are missing some
> Cinderella
> Barbie
> Hello Kitty
> Pikachu
> Santa Claus

Wizard of Oz characters are somewhere in the mix

>Dante

Attached: 1528885870352.jpg (1200x675, 77K)

Replace the Joker with Pikachu.

>winnie the pooh hasn't been relevant for decades
>Alice shouldn't be there
>The Dark Knight Joker should be used whether you like it or not
You've revealed yourself to be an out of touch boomer. That's not an insult btw.

Alice In Wonderland is factually the most iconic & famous fictional work of all time

>Santa Claus is pop culture

Never thought it that way but you’re right

>lol no
>stupid, no
>in Asia
>yes
>implying G*d

replace Snow White with Elsa from Frozen
replace Spongebob with a Minion
and I'm thinking there should be at least one thot in there like Harley Quinn or Audrey Hepburn

Nobody outside Euroculture knows these people. And even then not all westerners know them.

Attached: DC61E255-8E3C-4C23-A080-19CEDD10838F.png (761x800, 194K)

> Implying Barbie & Cinderella aren’t iconic
Kill yourself

I think we can all come together and agree that these are horrid opinions.

>Hector
Salamanca?

Where's Pikachu

Not even the most iconic anime character, that’s Pikachu & Ash

>No Superman
JUST

he said iconic, not important. You'd be hard pressed to find a single Fortnite tot who knows any of those characters.

I'm looking at the OP's chart and thinking which ones kids in Japan would have merchandise of, and the answer is most of them. That's why they're iconic. They transcend generations and cultures.

>books
Go sharpen some pencils nerd

Literally no one will give a fuck about any of these pop culture memes in 100 years while every major literary character will still be discussed, dissected, and read about for another millennia. Yea Forums fags on suicide watch

Roast on

Harry Potter & Alice are the only book originated characters that people even give a shit about today.

>muh 100 years in th

Based autistic user

>alice, pooh and spongebob over the simpsons, superman, elvis & the beatles

your childhood isn't the measure for world history friend

None of those figures you named are even relevant anymore, Zoomers don’t care about them

>the sinsons and supermayne
Back to your favela shitskin

That’s why he asked us to help with it ya chowderhead

he's super popular in Japan
This. You see her a lot in Japan. There's even an Alice themed store in Tokyo.
They're not my opinions, dumbass. I'm not saying I like these characters. I'm saying they're more iconic. We're not playing favorites here. Go up to any kid and see if they have Spongebob merch or Minion merch. I bet Minions win nine times out of ten.

Alice has literally existed for 133 years you faggot, she’s more iconic by your logic then anyone in this picture

>each is either a furry, fag, or female
oof

>Literally no one will give a fuck about any of these pop culture memes in 100 years
Batman is already 80 plus years going. Pretty sure people will know about Batman in 15 more years.

You said Harley Quinn you dunderhead

who the hell is top left?
am i being memed?

wait was a dbzfag butthurt and not include supes?

shamone

>Mario is a fag

Top kek

are you obsessed?

>most iconic ever actually means more relevant to the youngest generation

>whites don't care about superman and the simpsons

and he made a shit list where most stuff nobody even cared about 15 years go

she never had the cultural relevance of say, the beatles, since they came into play

No faggot

Where the fuck is Sonic?

How could you forget him?

Attached: 31ED57E8-210F-493E-B12B-EC3036784493.jpg (673x444, 66K)

how iconic can a forgotten icon be?

retard

Healthy human beings don’t know about Sonic.

Most popular Halloween costume around the world. Favorite among cosplay sluts for years. Feminists love her or love to hate her.

>the simpsons, the beatles and superman have been forgotten

is twitch like 85% of your media consumption?

?

Faggot

>Most popular Halloween costume around the world.

For like a year or two after Suicide Squad came out. The hype came and went.

he literally wears a fursuit and keeps cucking to peach

All twelve slots should be filled with the avengers cast and you'll be accurate.

Worse. He's an orbiter.

You forgot capeshit's top icons, Iron Manlet and Cap Ameritard. At this point you might argue they're more known than superman and batman due to the increasing popularity of marvel films.

You mean retards on /tv?

Franchise is 65 years old and foreign and he’s still getting yuge releases in the US. Incredibly based

Attached: A85BA473-0006-4EB1-BE36-B59D0F40B77D.jpg (720x900, 176K)

I don't live in a boomer echo chamber. Those all peaked in the 90s, 50s, and arguably the 70s.

Moomi is iconic if you've ever left America, but you don't see me suggesting that as the most iconic because Americans don't know who the fuck that is.

godzilla sucks

Your mom sucks my dick that's iconic....OOOOOOHHHHH!!!!

>most iconic ever is defined to whatever current teenagers can recognize

shit, then i guess pewdiepie is a bigger deal than stalin

Godzilla is just as iconic in America as your beloved capeshit and he’s not even from here. Marvel DC fags BTFO

>shit, then i guess pewdiepie is a bigger deal than stalin

You know, you jest but...

If half the fucking planet dosen't know who they are then how can they be the most iconic?

Think about characters adults and kids both know.

Superman is not even the top 10 superhero these days. It goes like this.

1) Ironman
2) Spiderman
3) Captain America
4) Black Panther
5) Thor
6) Hulk
7) Captain Marvel
8) Batman
9) Starlord
10) Black widow

There updated the image, are you faggots happy now?

Attached: 7BD1F093-8DF2-4059-891E-3CCD08CDDE43.jpg (1500x1200, 580K)

>half the planet doesnt know who the simpsons and superman are

>most iconic ever means more relevant today

Godzilla where?

Where is Sneed?

>link is bigger than the simpsons

nintendo was your only friend growing up, was it?

the only people who like godzilla are weabo faggots, incels and nips

Cinderella, Hello Kitty and Barbie are long gone from pop culture.

Pikachu should be in the picture though. Santa too if he counts. Honestly he belongs more in the same category as Jesus.

>half the planet doesnt know who the simpsons and superman are
Have you ever left America? Ever? Do you spend all your time on Yea Forums and reddit?

>Japan Japan Japan

Dumb weeb.

you are so new you don't even know what greentext is

>no optimus prime

>most iconic pop culture characters in America

Gaming is larger than any piece of entertainment in the world, Zelda & Mario are by far the most iconic gaming franchises ever. You are delusional if you think Link isn’t more famous than the Simpsons in 2019

Needs Goku, Superman, Godzilla, Pikachu, and Homer

Fuck Snow White in her fucking ass.

>dbzfag disguising as batfag hating on supes

Why the fuck would you question Alice? People who love the Alice in Wonderland literature love her, the Disney blue dress and blonde hair is very well designed, teen girls love her, edgy hot-topic emos love the dark reimagining of her, literally ever pedophiles wet dream

Yeah. Come to think of it where the fuck is King Kong?

>most iconic ever means what's more relevant today

also i'd say gta is culturally a lot more relevant than zelda

Not today Satan. You can’t deceive us, King Kong is big but not bigger than anyone on that list. I cast thee out in the name of Jesus Christ.

Capeshit detected. What’s wrong buddy, Carol Danvers give you some good ol’ ball stomping with her high heels?

Wrong, the Spike Game Awards which is literally a popularity contest added The Legend Of Zelda as the first & only Hall of Fame Inductee.

You jelly incel?

SNOW WHITE I LOVE YOU
PLEASE BE MINE FOREVER
I'LL DO ANYTHING

You can’t really put a single face on the GTA series that everyone agrees with. Too many people have their favorites.

Put Superman in there for fucks sake

They are dead or dying and I'm glad.

the stock market literally shakes everytime a gta game is released
it's been the subject of presidential campaigns
its broken every single record about gaming sale

you're either a 15 fanboy or uncurably autistic

odysseus with prep time beats the rest

>No Beatles

Everyone in this thread forgetting Santa Claus.

> Mario literally grosses 500 Million to 1 Billion with every mainline game
> Implying It’s going to die when Nintendo milks the shit out of it every fucking year
Cope

>Still no Superman
Neck yourself you nigger cunt.

>the Spike Game Awards

Ah yes, the prestigious Spike Game Awards. Highly sought after, I hear there’s fierce competition this year.

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

Wrong it still hasn’t broken this one
> Guiness Book of World Records
> Most Acclaimed Video Game Of All Time: The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time

For me, it's Milton's Satan

Attached: 1_Bf4UuP79TNn-qRdg_5x9Xg.jpg (1263x779, 414K)

Where the FUCK is Hamlet?

I wish you were right. Alice is referenced in far too fucking much. Pretty much every modern scifi show.

>hamlets
when will they learn

what the fuck is your point?
we're talking about cultural relevance, not best recieved by critics

jesus, link really was your only friend growing up, wasnt he?

Hey Peter Parker, you got something for me or are you just gonna keep me waiting while you argue about capeshit on /tv?

Attached: F9E331FD-3451-421A-A00F-C2CE23D0886C.jpg (278x278, 21K)

Kek

Why does that guy keep dissing Superman? He's the number 1.

Attached: 1556987786614.jpg (1080x1080, 124K)

fortnite

beter

We must never let this iron-jawed dyke become as iconic as characters like Superman or Spiderman. For the sake of the future generations of young men in America

It won't and it never will.

>no Goku, Pikachu, Beatles, or Superman

Something is very wrong if your iconic 3x4 does not have any Simpsons nor Superman.
Also throw in Pikachu, it objectively deserves to be there with Pokemon being the most famous franchise in the world, it at least moves more money than anything from Disney. Pokemon is the 1st most succesful franchise and Hello Kitty the second one.

I don't see anyone making hello kitty references though, but it if sells so much... maybe it's famous? Somewhere?

Attached: pikachu cry.jpg (1200x800, 130K)

peter griffin

i agree, the idolisation of the joker is actually derived at society's discontents

Drop Snow White for Pikachu for sure.

>Somewhere?
Japan
gundamvskitty.com

I never see anyone talk about Hello Kitty. It's just stickers and keychains that sell. No one actually gives a fuck

>It's just stickers and keychains that sell
It means people do care about hello kitty (although that brand isn't as iconic as people think it is)

Attached: D7D47AFF-0C59-479D-B211-DF8D1481B561.gif (300x204, 1.65M)

So everyone knows it but it's not really a staple of pop culture, yeah I'd say it doesn't belong to the list.

where are "the jews™"?

Donald Trump should be in the list

Fine, all of these were voted on by 90-150k Americans each year with no input from Journalists at all
> Best Character 2002: Link (Winner), Mario (2nd)
> Best Character 2003: Cloud (Winner), Sephiroth (2nd)
> Best Game 2003: FF7 (Winner), Zelda OoT (2nd)
> Best Character 2004: Link (Winner), Cloud (2nd)
> Best Villain 2005: Sephiroth (Winner), Ganondorf (2nd)
> Best Character 2005: Link (Winner), Sephiroth (2nd)
> Best Franchise 2005: Zelda (Winner), Final Fantasy (2nd)
> Best Character 2006: Link (Winner), Cloud (2nd)
> Best Character 2007: Link (Winner), Solid Snake (2nd)
> Best Character 2008: Link (Winner), Solid Snake (2nd)
> Best Game 2009: Zelda OOT (Winner), FF7 (2nd)
> Best Character 2009: Link (Winner), Cloud (2nd)
> Best GOTD 2010: Zelda: MM (Winner), Smash Bros Brawl (2nd)
> Best Character 2013: Link (Winner), Solid Snake (2nd)
> Best Game 2015: Undertale (Winner), Zelda: OOT (2nd)
> Best Character 2018: Link (Winner), Cloud (2nd)
Zelda is undeniably more iconic than GTA

Bush might unironically qualify

> Literally has made more money than any Media franchise except Pokemon
> Not iconic
Seething Zoomers

Oh my god we believe you. Boy he really hit the nail on the head when he said Link was your only friend growing up. What a mean but also true statement.

my god you're autistic

we're talking about cultural impact. GTA literally becomes a subject during the presidential campaign, it shifts the stock market when its released

you answer with polls filled by fanboy gamers, a niche

Why isn’t Final Fantasy on there then? It’s made like 26 Billion dollars

Wasn’t Hillary going hardcore against the franchise at one point? Or Al Gore or some other fag.

>Undertale
kek

Maybe right now for people who like mostly pop cultureb but ever?

> Ocarina of Time & Super Mario 64 are the most influential 3D games ever, and GTA would not exist without them - Dan Houser (Rockstar games)

also Obama discussed the impact of GTA IV on several ocasions during his 2008 campaign

i wanted to make you look like an idiot, now im sad for you

you don't seem to be able to differentiate between biggest cultural impact and biggest impact in your life

elvis would have never been possible without chuck berry, guess who of the both is the most iconic?

Khaleesi should be there somewhere

Guiness Book of World Records officially named Link the 2nd most iconic gaming character of all time, with Mario being first

Zeldafag here, I don't think Link/Zelda are near close the popularity of Mario, not even Pikachu or Pokemon in general.

as
said, because GTA has had too many protagonists

as to which videogame series has had the biggest cultural impact? gta hands down

One day Sans will make the list. One day..

You are missing Ronald McDonald

GTA is the most controversial
Pokemon is the most popular
Zelda is the most acclaimed
Mario is the most influential

and you're still missing the point about cultural impact

This needs at least another row. I would add Superman, Bugs Bunny, Homer Simpson, and Pikachu at a bare minimum.

Pikachu literally dunks on every other "pop culture icon" so hard it isn't even funny, but Goku should still probably get a spot on there somewhere. You might argue that One Piece is bigger than Dragon Ball in Japan, but globally DB is a huge phenomenon. In Mexico they were advertising the finale of DBS like it was a real MMA fight and even had sections dedicated to it on local news.

Hillary and some faggot named Jack Thompson were railing hard against video game violence back in the early-mid 2000's, with GTA being probably the prime scapegoat

chuck