Why is the outside of Kings landing absolutely devoid of all life? Where are the farms?

Why is the outside of Kings landing absolutely devoid of all life? Where are the farms?

Attached: 1557108767137.jpg (1706x956, 345K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wvwlt4FqmS0
tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Pelennor_Fields
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why didnt they just shoot those niggas

They have to close down due to cersei bad tax police

Who the fuck puts farms right next to a castle? Go out into the countryside to raise farms.

>Bran becomes King and immediately legalizes rape

Why would he do this?

meanwhile

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 155K)

The trees were cut down to make the balistae or to make defense of the city easier

it's beautiful?

The more important question is why didn't Cersei just killed Danny and her dragon right then and there?

He became obsessed with it after watching Ramsey and Sansa thousands of times.

Yeah why put farms right near the place where people buy food what a stupid idea

Attached: dd149f8fa058df3db7766c025357c76a.jpg (235x188, 9K)

where are they even?

Attached: S05E06_-_King's_Landing.jpg (1920x1080, 415K)

why cersei doesnt fucking use the scorpions to kill the dragon and daenerys right there, they wouldn't be able to do shit.

This entire scene was literally a kick in the balls. Fuck Game of Thrones. Fuck everything about this piece of shit horrible show.

who cut them?

That's a parking spot for all sorts of parties going in and out of the city.

What is Cersei's tax policy?

>have multiple ballistas that can shoot down a flying dragon from a mile away
>decide not to light up Dany and company while they have their little stare-down outside the city wall with said ballistas and hundreds of archers in tow

Attached: 1515214846259.jpg (1024x550, 37K)

Nobles don't want to travel past a bunch of poor country bumpkins to get into the kingdom.

Cersei still obeys some rules of conventional warfare it seems. You don't kill people under a banner of truce for negotiations.

not all soil is good for farming

Wtf

The fucking easterbunny.
Who the fuck do you think?

WHERES THE FUCKING WINTER NED?!

YOU PROMISED ME THERE WOULD BE WINTER NED GODS DAMN YOU!

hahahahahaha...this fucking show...

This. She wants to destroy Daenerys from within so she lashes out and the people view her as a hero.

Okay fair but you can put livestock there like sheep pigs cattle etc. you can find a multitude of different purposes for that land besides being bare ground. Amd don't give me that 'oh it'll just be cover for the invading army' a few fucking picket fences aren't going to do shit versus ballistas, trebs and other siege equipment KL surely has.

your mom

Attached: 1479906147994.jpg (336x442, 91K)

who started the meme that all places had farms around them

Perhaps that is the Mud Gate.

Literal plot armor

Reddit will say duskendale

>live in a time where most people are living meal to meal
>have bare land sitting there doing literally fucking nothing
>not planting potatoes or just fucking putting some cows in a paddock and feeding them whatever shit comes out of Kings Landing

But slaughtering people at a wedding is fine right?

It's like you guys have never played Skyrim

Because Cersei did that.

Drogon would gun it to Cersi, he would prolly get shot but inertia would carry him far enough to just land on Cersi

Civilization

holy fuck lmao

Attached: 1511220473448.jpg (928x616, 185K)

90 MILLION DOLLARS

are you a retard by chance?
look up the history of the potato before you spew the most inane dribble a retard can possible put out on a keyboard

That shot is awful. Season 1 did not have the city contained in some weird semi-circle of land. If anything tonight's episode was a return back to what part of the city should have looked.

Attached: kings-landing.jpg (620x400, 24K)

No it wasn't and the FREYS who did it got absolutly rekt by it in the future and everyone fucking hated them for it. Even though it was Tywin who 100% orchestrated it, he isn't a fucking retard and made sure to hide behind 10 layers of plausible deniability so that House Lannister would take no blame for it.

>brings 50 dudes to the castle walls
Under good faith negotiations or not it just looks downright bad, especially in that dusty ass plain.

>a million people live here
imagine the smell

>every castle and city was surrounded by farms
>this is what people actually believe

Woman strong

Shit and cum?

Nigger trash

>No backup bolts to reload the ballista
At least the ballistas are on the walls, I guess

jesus fucking christ that CGI looks worse than a fucking CGI anime

This. I was hoping she'd at least shoot Tyrion but of course D&D have absolutely no balls whatsoever so yet again only a minor side character was axed. This shit is marvel sitcom tier at this point.

Turns out that after 7 seasons of Cersei just being a ruthless fuck who doesnt give a shit about war politics and just straight up murders people who stand in her way, she finally decided to give a shit about war politics and have a fair battle.

Literally 1 shot of one of the harpoons probably takes out about 10 of the unsullied on its own.

How did they get from Dragonstone to King's Landing?

Yes, it’s fact. In pre industrial times every bit of arable land would have been cultivated, especially the land surrounding major population centers. Hollywood movies show castles and cities in barren wastelands because I guess its easier to make as a set?

Humans when they discovered agriculture and required additional food sources to feed an expanding settled population

Oh yeah, people of Westeros haven't discovered America yet.

Honestly after killing dragons and with that many ballista, I could see thinking she would run off

Ballista range is like a 1/10 to a 1/4 mile and the dragons so far have always dodged the shots when they knew they were getting fired on but hit almost every time they weren't actively dodging

>make as a set
>implying anyone makes sets anymore

I'm sure they know the rest of the army is on its way and Jon, Im sorry Aegon Targaryen, is leading them

this shot made me laugh

The scene of dany and her 30 soldiers standing in a barren field outside of a shitty cgi wall looked so fucking absurd. It would have fit in on a syfy channel original. God this show is finished.

Sept of Baelor go boom

After getting fucked by the undead and the loss of more on the ships, if there were more than more than 30 it would be fucking stupid.

Also 30 good men is more than enough

Why didn't Winterfell have any evidence that a zombie battle occurred there?

Jesus christ go back to r*ddit

better question is how did DnD think they could get away with "everyone only lost half their troops"

umm why is the Red Keep facing west?
No, it is not looked at from the north since KL isn't surrounded by water on the North side

They cleared out the defenses, moved the hundred thousand zombie corpses, and made funeral pyres for the tens of thousands of soldiers that died there overnight. It wouldn’t be too hard with the manpower they have.

The zombies politely faded away like ice.

>Also 30 good men is more than enough
>good men
>men
>Unsullied
user...

Attached: 1556582330408.jpg (900x500, 131K)

How did just half of the Dothraki die?

>only threat is a dragon
>nigga just sitting in the back, no Dany to command, not flying for easy maneuvers
>Cersei doesn’t just have them reign hell on it or Dany

y tho

>Literally see almost all the Dothraki get fucked
>Half remain
That was the biggest outlier because of what we saw on screen. Otherwise losing half your army in battle isn't actually that big of an outlier. That's actually a massive tactical and strategic defeat in most real situations. It normally takes like an entire campaign for an army to become that depleted. Caesar after years spent in Gaul and in civil war by the end of all THAT had his legions at half strength.

what do they eat?

because GRRM did write anything past season 5

by did I mean didn't

y indeed

Didn't they steal all the food from High Garden.

That's why they quickly went there to invade at the beginning of last season. High Garden had cut off the food supply, in an attempt to turn the people on Cercei.

Dunno, not sure how half the unsullied remained either, or half the north men, when everyone was dead or dying at the end of ep3.

yeah really pulling out all the stops to make this season the worst one

whatever's on the menu

you think these closet racist cunts in hollywood who live in the hills behind gates actually understand life?
ha, ha.... *cry*

they chopped down the trees to make the ballistas

Agriculture civs around 10,000 years ago.

You fucking idiots they cut down the trees for the ballistas

>The shitskins khaleesi
>I....i tried. You must believe me
>I think some of them got back khale- *HACKING COUGH* ...they got away. *Pant* *Pant*
>A-a few of those vile horseniggers may have survived...after all.
>Im sorry khaleesi.... Please you must believe...me...I'm going now khaleesi.....farewell...
>J-just...a sniff khalee....siiiii......

They're on the ground though. 50 soldiers on foot aren't gonna be dodging arrows and scorpion bolts.

Where do you think the people that built it lived?

Jesus christ retard areas outside defensive walls are cleared for extremely obvious reasons. Most food comes from the reach which by itself is the size of fucking france.

its just a tv show lol why are you all so obsessed with "realism", there are literally dragons and zombies and this is what you are concerned abuot? no farms is not realistic? get a grip

Orcish refugees seek asylum in Gondor.

Did they teraform the hills as well?

>there should be farms at literally EVERY exit from a city

why does kl look so shit on the show? I remember it looking way better

the red keep is supposed to be on a high hill?

>Break the laws of parley
>Your tenuous support of the South gets even worse
>Other houses pull support from you or even worse give troops to Dany
>Lose the longterm war because you wanted short term gain
D&D would never be intelligent enough to write this, but still.

what did you expect, consistency?

Attached: 1432548188711.jpg (2118x1143, 641K)

>Other houses pull support from you or even worse give troops to Dany
Dany would be dead in this scenario.

>top right and bottom right is just horizontally flipped
how fucking lazy

So they create a barren wasteland around the entire city as... defence? As opposed to digging a moat or something. And import the entire city’s food supply from another region that’s hundreds of miles away? Nice, do the lannisters have semi-trucks that can get everything delivered before it goes bad?

by bottom right I mean bottom left

maybe a border gate outside the city

>tfw still shows sept and not giant crater

Why not just shoot the fucking dragon

My guess is they sent lumberjacks and destroyed the forest to get wood to manufacture the scorpions and ships fo the fleet

Every picture is pre explosion except lower right.

>Northerners fuck off and live seperertly with their own king.
>Other lands do the same and form an anti-monarch alliance against Cercei.
Either this or it just lazily becomes North vs. South since the pea brains writing the TV show can't actually write a multifaceted conflict. Cercei needs a politically negotiated resolution where everyone acknowledges her as queen even if no one likes it.

Dragon is not flying they easily hit a flying dragon on the water (bobbing around and all) vs. multitude of wall mounted turrets vs. one grounded target. Makes NEGATIVE sense to not just let a massive volley of arrows go and wipe out the entire enemy leadership.

This is like vidya game map tier of worldbuilding. It makes no fucking sense in RL but if you just have not living NPCs here then sure why not? But hey it's GRRM and DnD so of course those hacks would have us buy that CGIed Iceland and Northern Ireland and Calgary is fucking King's Landing.

You actually believe that in the scene where the dragon gets shot 3 times they were within 400 meters of the ships shooting?

Fuck me the lengths some people go to defend stuff they like.

Forests were clear-cut to build ships and scorpions.

>who started the meme that all places had farms around them
Age of Empires 2

Where are the horse corrals?

How am I supposed to fast travel to Casterly rock with no Horse Corral at the front gate of the castle?

Why don't they just send Arya to kill Cersei?

Attached: frodo.jpg (600x599, 45K)

I'm going to play devil's advocate here and say she wants her people dead? She's still confident she'll win though.

They cut down the hills for the ballistas

Not to mention Arya is probably already on the way to try and kill Cersei so why not just sit back and "siege" the city by doing absolutely nothing at a very far distance on the land side away from the fixed turrets and ships with weapons you already know exist and are magically effective sometimes.

Would the other lords abandon her if she straight up tried to kill them all and failed?

Apparently ships and wooden ballistas need mountains of dirt as well. All done in what would take a modern nation years to complete. It is just inconsistent CGI compositing.

This is a side gate not the main city gate

they also cleared the massive mountainous slopes that were dwarfing the city?
that's pretty impressive for a medieval society

ALSO WHY DIDNT CERSEI JUST KILL THEM ALL RIGHT THERE

why are incels so obsessed with details that don't matter?
who cares where they met

Yes. They are expecting a land invasion too, so they cannot allow the enemy take the high-ground.

Apparently the main city gate is in France and the side gate is in fucking Egypt.

>just turn your brain off lmao
>incel
Seethe harder, nigger kike spic faggot cuck.

Also why bother trying to stop both sea and land side shipping. Just sit far away in friendly territory and dam river supplying water to the city you can wait months you don't have to pay up on loans to fund your armies. If only would take a few days to deplete drinking water resources and because the city is on the sea side wells are useless and shipping fresh water is impossible for a city of that size. The people would all leave and you could burn the whole thing down. If that doesn't work then give an ultimatum surrender or you blow the dam would flood the city with poisoned water.

But much simpler just do nothing and send Arya in that is technically the correct application of a super assassin girl.

basically everyone that could do that did that back in the day apparently.

The funny part is, if they did it, it'd work. Apparently lannisters forgot how to be paranoid or even just a bit smart about assassins despite having been cunning powerful people for decades.

>woman's ruling

dude that's just what beaches look like and kings landing is on the coast so that side gate is probably really close to the ocean and then at the front of the city its more inland and forested/grassy

god I wish I was on that little boat

>castle owners create dead zone to ensure no there's no cover for infiltrators or an invading army
why is this an issue?

King's Landing is not a castle, it's a city

Maggoty bread

Why is the climate completely unchanged during winter?

Attached: frododo.jpg (600x599, 65K)

Cersei could have literally won the war right there by having her 20 ballistas shoot the dragon and that small amount of troops.

FOR THREE STINKIN DAYS

Ground doesn't look too servicable

in real life grass and weeds would be cut around castles so the defenders can see enemies coming
it's why lawns area thing in modern times

The more I look, the worse it becomes

Or even better. No one suspects a crow

Attached: 1557096076349.png (1024x768, 409K)

A Lannister never forgets to truck dump their assets

Reminds me another major city from a fantasy setting.

She approved of her father doing it, why would she have any more honour than Tywin when she has proven she has none. After all, she blew up a sept with hundreds of innocents

Were the lumberjacks also twenty good men? Aren't they almost starving since Winter is Coming and the various wars have depleted their stocks? Where did Cersei find such a crew to do all that work in the meantime before the Golden Company arrived with Euron and Dany and Jon fought the WWs? Especially since they only have medevil tech to use?

Global warming hit the seven kingdoms hard

This. Today's First World countries would struggle with lots of manpower, money and modern technology to clear all that King's Landing forestry in what three months? Nope

underrated post

>live in a modern city
>still surrounded by farms even though we have vehicles that put horse-drawn carriages to shame as well as refrigeration and various other means of preserving food other than salt

Where are all the tax policies?

King's landing is a walled city, not a castle per se. You have to feed all of the people in the city. Also, the entire point of a castle is to defend the farmers. That's the entire point of feudalism. Peasants farm for knights, knights defend their peasants.

Attached: 1533174890364.png (763x142, 11K)

Attached: paris1530.jpg (736x465, 130K)

lindybeige

maybe they were at castle iraq

>that fugly CGI
Jesus H. Christ

Even the fucking cities are teleporting

you're the type of person DnD write these episodes for now
>it's a fantasy bro
yeah it used to be one written with historic accuracy

The "what do they eat?" meme started from this video in particular
youtube.com/watch?v=wvwlt4FqmS0

>30 men is good enough
To take over an entire city? Are you insnae?

it's a fucking fantasy show you fucking retard, they can do anything

YEAH! Why can't we have some meat?

They're just a bunch of regular people with good training, just shoot catapults at them what the fuck are they gonna do?

16:31 of today's episode to see a Starbucks cup! Hope it isn't onions.

they'll use a spell to counter the catapults, duh, do you even watch the show?

Shit I forgot.

>giving a invading army a forest for cover during a siege
>giving them easy access to materials used in making siege weapons and towers
>not burning every field or village around the city to not give anything to the invader

isn't this proof that there is a timeline split taking place in the show? Bran isn't actually warging through time, he's traveling between different dimensions which is why he's so disconnected from the present. He knows none of it is really real as pertaining to his original timeline

Yes, they would clear the fields near defensive positions.
>Killing field
>the term originated in medieval warfare to describe clear areas outside of a castle's walls such as pastures or specifically cleared fields where enemy soldiers could be easily and methodically killed in large numbers by ranged weapons

Just saw the leaks. Bran wins the iron throne. Jon goes to the nights watch after killing dany.

there is a valley on the other side of the mountain that is obscuring where they are

Transportation was expensive as fuck in medieval times so whatever could be done locally was done locally. It's also easier and quicker to defend everything nearby. Walled cities and castles typically had settlements and farms close to them similar to pic related. Also walled cities and castles were really small in reality only important people lived in them while most of the people lived right outside. Also most walled cities and castles are build on elevated areas.

Basically, Kings Landing is a mess.

Attached: 5081b7e0-94da-11e8-b6b0-0242ac110007.jpg (1600x1067, 483K)

>top left clearly has no farms

You are aware, that his picture is
1) from a modern period
2) not in a time of war
right?

you can't have a city of presumable hundreds of thousands of people with nothing around that city
there would be endless settlements of people right outside the city

power means luls, it's the only answer

Attached: 1554131215.png (1920x1080, 1.32M)

>ITT people arguing over dragon meme fantasy
Guys, the shows been dead for 4.8 seasons.

Attached: ljWpm.jpg (225x225, 8K)

>arrive at new place
>stop your horse outside the city, say name of city, then keep riding

He was telling Pippin who had no idea what that was you absolute retard.

Cutting down all trees within bowshot from the walls and removing everything else that can provide cover was a standard operating procedure for a fortress threatened by siege and assault.

First 100ft of the kings road is dirt.

aragons policy of genocide leaves plenty of baby orc flesh

I think everyone is aware there are no pictures available of medieval times since cameras didn't exist then, that's why i said "similar" to pic related, not exactly as pic related. Anyways, how does that disprove that settlements and farms were around castles, a fact that is well documented? And what exactly do you mean with not in a time of war? Please elaborate.

H-heh look at all that snow !!

none of that was in public eye you retards she is always mindful of what her people know she does

Apparently she took inspiration from the Haitian "Fuck trees act".

Attached: boston_maraton_suspect_fleeing_scene.jpg (1920x1080, 239K)

>please kill us
>nah I want to fight you at your strongest

>be at war with a foreign invasion force
>you are also ruthless as fuck and noone in your city seems to care
>the leadership of said invasion force comes within arrow range of your walls for whatever reason instead of sending messengers
At this point it's not even cruel to rain arrows upon them. It would defy logic not to.

Bowl of brown is a Kings Landing staple. A stew of whatever vegetables are around plus mystery meat that could range from rats and pigeons to human flesh.

>I think everyone is aware there are no pictures available of medieval times
That's where you're wrong, bucko. It's my favorite restaurant and there are plenty of pictures.

Attached: medieval times.jpg (700x420, 111K)

Thanks for the red ovals, really needed them.

holy shit that place is real? i thought it was made up for the cable guy

that's the coastal entrance

No, it's very real. Not many of them around the country though.

>Bran wargs as as 3 crows
>peck Cersie's eyes out
>Ayra finishes her off
now this is podracing

yes but what was their tax plan?

You are right, Littlepecker!

Attached: 59407271_112709246604297_7275041950741299200_n.jpg (621x907, 47K)

IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SNOWING IN KINGS LANDING

WHERE IS THE SNOW? WHERE IS WINTER?

because they needed wood for the scorpions obivously? are you stupid?

There is a lot of stupid people on this website.
GoT is bringing out all the pleps, sheeps and drones.

thx user laughted to this

>And what exactly do you mean with not in a time of war?
see

i thought they were at dragonstone ?

im stupid that doesnt make sense aswell

arya killed winter

Dammit this board keeps ruining it

There should never even have been trees there in the first place. Trees would be used for almost everything in medieval times or a GoT setting. Forest would be extremely scarce and everything within miles of a metropolis like Kings Landing would be completely deforested EVEN BEFORE a war.

After they killed the night king the long winter is over. It's summer again. Didn't you notice everybody went for a swim?

>Also, the entire point of a castle is to defend the farmers
No it's to defend the lord who owns that land

Dany gave them individual lifts across the sea on her dragon. It took weeks.

Does GRRM describe there being vast farmland in the books? Because Tolkien does. If so then I have no quibbles.

MrBtongue is so fucking based

>I've got 100 soldiers and a dragon, of which you've already dispatched one while flying with relative ease.
>Open the gates and submit

It's a compelling offer, Dany, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to stand next to my 10ft tall crossbow, with my undead killing machine, and army thousands strong, and think about it for a while.

Sure it's a valid question, but it's also a somewhat irrelevant question because it's also a good way to ruin any story or setting. It's almost as bad as start thinking about the numbers in any setting

why the fuck didnt she just shoot them??
did they even give a reason

I can't wait for the preston video.

It's a valid question when people make a setting that aspires to be realistic and not entirely fantastical. I'd argue that the fallout setting is not complete fantasy. Sure, you've got the exaggerated effects of radiation turning things into big mutants rather than just giving them cancer, and also shit like energy weapons and whatever, but overall, at least with the old falout games, it did have a certain consistency to it that gave it a sense of realism. Settlements existed for a reason, and so the world felt more cohesive and real. The issue is that fallout 3 threw that all out the window in favor of making shitty plot devices.
Again, this isn't mandatory for all settings, plenty of settings were never written from a "world building" perspective, but I'd argue that a meticulous setting like a song of ice and fire was written from a world building perspective. Particularly if you consider the writer of the books is George "tax policy" Martin

But question like that helps you believe the setting and does a better job at drawing you in and make it feel like a living world. Again I feel like you shouldn't ask question like that because it just ruins any setting but at the end it's a valid question.

cuck

Just read the books, for both cases.

Hackson portrayed the opposite of how it should look like.
tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Pelennor_Fields

Well the point of the video is that a good setting can withstand theses kind of questions and comes out better for it. I think a good analogy for this is Dune. It's sci fi as fuck with a ton of unrealistic shit like psychic powers and FTL travel, but then the setting is written in such a way where if you prod it from any angle it makes sense. For example, FTL is only possible as a result of mankind ingesting a unique herb called "spice" which allows users to see into the future but is also incredibly addictive. Why is this? Because computers were banned by the equivalent of the catholic church which controls the galactic empire. Why is this? Because of a war between humans and machines that humanity barely won. This war echoes into all sorts of traditions, which basically caused the book's universe to devolve into the space feudalism that it's at today. The book goes on to explain how the people of the desert world arrakis are capable of sustaining themselves in what's essentially a barren wasteland of a planet but one which is of utmost importance to the foundation of interstellar humanity. It explains why these people are capable of living the way they are and why some people want to take control of them. It all fits together so well that these questions are not only answerable, they're encouraged, and it gives the world a sense of place that westros really doesn't.

>FTL is only possible as a result of mankind ingesting a unique herb called "spice"
Then how did mankind form a space empire to begin with?

But as I mentioned before I think that questions like these can also just ruin a setting, I mentioned earlier then another similar question is to ask about numbers. I recently finished Heart of the Swarm and this silly idea hit my head. Does anyone in Starcraft (other then the zerg) have the numbers to be in so much war? This line of thinking also then went on to Warhammer, where once again I started to wonder how eldar, humans and tau has the numbers to do so much war. Granted I read that in Warhammer the excuse for humans is that there are to many of them so they throw away so many people to avoid mass starvation. Is this a valid question? Yes, is it also a good way to ruin the setting? Kind of

crazy how all those "battle experts" that complained about episode 3 didnt even grasp that and complain. They just echoing something their favorite youtuber is telling them.

Mankind was interstellar before they had to rely on spice, they had to use machines in order to navigate through FTL, but after the "butlerian jihad" as the war on AI was called, there was a collapse of this, before the system changed to having to use spice instead of machines, as well as other orders that came to be to train human beings to have the intellectual capacity of computers.
Also, spice was already a thing before the collapse, it just was more of a crazy drug because it's got insane properties, like the aforementioned prescience, and immortality.
In general, Dune is one of my favorite books, I recommend reading it if you're into sci fi

Regarding 40k, the answer is perfectly valid and it kind of accentuates a bigger point. Humanity is teetering on the brink as a result of these massive growing threats (necrons, nids, and orks) but more importantly than that, examining the setting reveals an important detail that's not really easily understood, which is that the scale of the galaxy is realistic. There are billions of planets, each of the containing billions of humans. There are millions of humans dying by the hour in thousands of battlefields across the galaxy. This scale is utterly insane and yeah, 40k isn't exactly a realistic setting but all these questions are answered, and the answer is sometimes a bit grim - yes, humanity is the underdog in this universe. Yes, the eldar, without having their own chaos gods are fucked, yes, the tau, without the ability to travel through warp, are tiny and insignificant. The necrons, with their potential massive size pose a huge threat to the universe, and this threat is definitely accentuated by a person prodding the setting and being rewarded by its size and scale.

I'm already reading Dune, should I read the sequels as well or do they ruin a great book?

That's a good idea for the roads, not so much for cities.
>Dig a ditch around the city.
>Connect the city by building bridges.
>Make everything beyond the ditch farmland
>When the enemy is about to arrive, scorch the farmland around the city
>You can now see the enemy clearly and have bottlenecked them

Attached: maps-of-medieval-cities-brugge.jpg (2864x2072, 1.33M)

I've never bothered with them, Dune is the perfect encapsulation of the setting and it ends perfectly. It goes completely off the walls from what i gather in the sequels.

More importantly, why wouldn't Cersei's troops ballista the last dragon then and there, and then proceed to wipe out Dany and her little entourage?

If you liked Dune, read up to the fourth book. If you liked that one, read all the ones written by Frank. Ignore any others, they're not worth your time.

Attached: Imagination.png (1920x1080, 3.46M)

where even is the blackwater in this

>despite only having 13% of my army...

This.

Blowing up the Sept to get rid of the Faith and the Tyrells with no consequences for Cersei was the moment this show gave up on having believable politics

Of course, the new technique, don't show, don't tell just skip while you are ahead.

Trees got chopped down for wood to make a gorrillion scorpions shoved into every nook and cranny?

So an approaching enemy will have no cover.

Does GOT ever actually talk about tax policies?

The Night King was about to discuss them with Bran but Arya stopped him

Are we forgetting its winter now? Of course, there are no crops it was snowing In Kings Landing last season.