O Brother, Where Art Thou?

What does Yea Forums think of this film? I haven't seen it mentioned much here and typical critics seem to rate it lower than I would.

Attached: O_brother_where_art_thou_ver1.jpg (220x326, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7I5g4sX_PKU
youtube.com/watch?v=mB6_BPT6VFk
youtube.com/watch?v=4hni4OIJXG4
youtube.com/watch?v=gG_YiAWn8qM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Top 5 coen easily

just another gay post modern flick #43905783 created by the coen bros

Love it. In my top 10. Unrelatedly, it was one of the first to use color filters (sepia) which has since become almost the norm for all modern movies.

Thread soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=7I5g4sX_PKU

It’s fucking great, dunno what else to say. It has a great ending
>Oh bare me away on your snow white wings
>To my immortal home

Attached: 32554EFA-CEE6-4E6D-90F2-B75C42FF46BC.jpg (689x324, 105K)

Superb.

I grew up in Appalachia so in addition to it being a geniunely good movie, the folk music triggers my nostalgia which makes me love it even more.

>He's a suiter

Attached: damn.jpg (794x967, 166K)

DAMN WE'RE IN A TIGHT SPOT

Attached: Dapper-Dan-Pomade.gif (250x250, 34K)

The quiet, off-screen "damn, we're in a tight spot" in the barn scene is fucking stellar.

*suitor
And cool to see that you guys liked it too; it's been one of my favorites for over a decade now and I was so surprised to see a 77% on RT.

youtube.com/watch?v=mB6_BPT6VFk
kino

I don't get it. We're the KKK suppose to be the bad guys for wanting to kill the guy who openly admitted to selling his soul to the devil? Are we also suppose to root for the criminals evading the laws that everyone else follows just because they are goofy? Is it just that they receive a pardon cause some corrupt politician that was about to side with the evil white guys saw profit in using them?

Honestly, I think the Coens were subtly trying to make a movie that shows the KKK as just warriors of God and the liberal act of progress as the evil spawn of Satan.

I enjoy the way the non-main characters talk in this movie. With no emotion. Is that how Southern people talk?

youtube.com/watch?v=4hni4OIJXG4
They speak similarly unemotively when the Soggy Bottom Boys blow up and there's a woman asking for the record.

It reminds me of this scene from No Country for Old Men. Is this how Southerns talk, or just how Coens think they talk?
youtube.com/watch?v=gG_YiAWn8qM

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

George Clooney on a smug role is always kino
Nothing tops Burn after Reading though

Yes and no, depending on how far out you are.
t. Carpetbagging New Yorker who's moved further and further south and west through his life

I'm a total /pol/lack who is fully redpilled, but this shit is just cringe user. It's just a fun movie. Yes, you're supposed to root for them because they're more fun and goofy. When the governor pardons them he makes a point of talking about their rough and rowdy "misdemeanoring" ways, to emphasize they weren't violent criminals. Just let yourself have fun for once.

> Are we also suppose to root for the criminals
This is the most American thing i've read in my life

Attached: 1521789799314.gif (482x800, 29K)

Trash movie with a good soundtrack

couldnt finish this bullshit
its so pretentious
Its like Terry Gilliam movies that everybody like for some reason but i find them crappy

Attached: 1556810987730.jpg (472x671, 209K)

>Oh mercy yes we got to beat that competition!

Attached: stephen root o brother.jpg (861x489, 73K)

You are a man of culture as well is see
How many times have you watched endgame so far user?

Attached: 1552902856172.jpg (1024x1024, 606K)

jimmy james origin story

What do you dislike about Gilliam movies user? I've always found them to have excellent settings and visuals which is what a lot of people enjoy about movies. Generally the performances are pretty strong as well and the stories/themes are usually fantastic (in the 'fantasy' sense not the 'really good' sense) and imaginative.

Most southerners talk like faggots with high pitched voiced and "uptalk". They sound like gay stereotypes.People have this outdated idea of southerner men being roughnecks but their mannerisms are usually disgustingly effeminate.

t. constituency

Attached: videomoviespeechobrotherwhereartthou.png (460x290, 262K)

what's post-modern about it?

The governor doesn't even know what they did, just that they are popular with his constituency, so he pardons them with condition they support him. Notice how Clooney's character at the end has a monologue about how the flood isn't an act of God but for the hydro power to bring the new age to Mississippi. The soggy bottom boys are apparently going to be used to further the political aspirations of the govner, who clearly is making money on flooding land and ushering in the new era of power. Their band is nothing without the guitar playing of their soulless black friend. Seems like the coens meant to make them be good bad guys.

>bringing up /pol/
Sorry user. Forget this isn't a board dedicated to actual discussion of tv and film.

i like the coen brothers, but this movie was kind of bland for me. i like the creativity behind transforming homers odyssey, but its kinda zz

I first watched it in high-school and even today it is still one of my favorite movies. I’ve watched it so many times I’ve practically memorized Big Rock Candy Mountain.
Also
>Before recording the song, McClintock cleaned it up considerably from the version he sang as a street busker in the 1890s. Originally the song described a child being recruited into hobo life by tales of the "big rock candy mountain". In later years, when McClintock appeared in court as part of a copyright dispute, he cited the original words of the song, the last stanza of which was:

The punk rolled up his big blue eyes
And said to the jocker, "Sandy,
I've hiked and hiked and wandered too,
But I ain't seen any candy.
I've hiked and hiked till my feet are sore
And I'll be damned if I hike any more
To be buggered sore like a hobo's whore
In the Big Rock Candy Mountains."
>In the released version this verse did not appear