*record scratch*

*record scratch*
>yep, that’s me
>you’re probably wondering how I got into this situation
*Kids in America starts playing*

Attached: 00DD4030-4155-446F-905F-93140770DF73.jpg (1242x868, 479K)

what the fuck, that cgi is horrendous

I'm so glad the leaks were true.

>gets killed in 5 seconds out of absolutely nowhere
Was this intended to be comedic?

This episode felt so rushed.
>one second they're at Winterfell
>anther they're right outside dragonstone
>a dragon gets killed immediately
>black chick taken all the way back to kings landing
>fast forward now everyone is at kings landing

They're gonna rush through the next two episodes aren't they

mfw they could just get more dragons through human sacrifice and petrified eggs but they’re too stupid to do it while the last dragon is still alive which is keeping the world saturated with magic

Attached: 57699138-63F4-4C7B-A2BB-0C85F7E0A0A2.gif (492x369, 3.47M)

Probably.
Euron is at this point has the superpower to just appear out of nowhere and destroy armies, so the plot can move along.
I literally laughed out loud when the dragon just dropped dead out of nowhere. It was that bad.

What the hell is wrong with you. The show finally returns to the brutal realism it used to have and somehow that's comedic? Bad planning is rewarded with failure. Lack of preparation is rewarded with failure. Overconfidence is rewarded with failure. That's how it works in the real world and it's good to see the characters are at least partially removing their plot armor. She clearly thought she was just gonna burn down some ships but she was rewarded with death for underestimating her enemy. It's just illogical how she got away and how they captured her adviser with ease.

Attached: brainlet2.png (226x223, 7K)

>Missandei getting captured out of nowhere

Nah dude, the reason people think it's comedic is because it's a scene that could be ripped from fucking scary movie or any other "dark" comedy.

>she was rewarded with death for underestimating her enemy
How would she know that her enemy has the power to shoot curved ballista bolts?

>battle starts
>dragon dies
It was so unceremonious

euron is my favorite character, he’s not even a person he solely exists to btfo irritating people to move the plot along

Too many brainlets watching this show it seems. Word has spread that the dead were defeated in the north so clearly she readies her defenses for the coming onslaught with the ballistae she had created last season. Euron, commander of her navy, is waiting just outside the harbor in formation with his ships and yet somehow he's teleporting like Arya. Dany and all her advisers should have anticipated that a trap might be waiting for them since they literally planned their attack with maps, but clearly they underestimated their opponent.

WILDLINGS AND GHOST BETTER COME BACK

>let me fill in these enourmous blanks in the shows writing to explain to you that it's actually good
yeah nah

>brutal realism
>dragons don't notice giant enemy fleet until they're well within accurate ballista range
>high flying target gets shot 3 times in a row with perfect accuracy
BRAVO

Wait are there really only 2 episodes left? If so i can already tell the ending is going to be shit, even if both were 2 hours each.
This last arc needed enough pacing and cogs moving between the really dramatic and impactful moments, and not just drinking scenes. It could just catastrophically end with John becoming ruler or something else dumb.

why would euron wait for them at dragonstone?

pirates > dragons
Glad that's settled.

She was flying on her dragons with no care in the world with her adviser on the deck of the flagship. Their "plan" consisted of, "we're gonna burn the ships and blockade the city." Tyrion, who knows how crafty Cersei is, decided not to go in cautiously, but as brazenly as possible and paid the price for it.

ib4 Merling king raises Rhaegal as a sea dragon

Be fair. She had prepared the ballistae in the last season and it's even on the opening theme so clearly she had those defenses readied. All Cersei needed to hear was that a large fleet of ships with the Targ flag was heading south and she would ready the defenses. Why is that so impossible?

I mean could they set up Jon is the new nights king any more in this episode I didn't get it Fuck

What leaks?
I want to be done with this shit.

Remember when /got/ stayed in it's containment thread?

I said brutal realism in response to the unceremonious the dragon died. This weapon is the first of its kind in the world so it's not like anyone, particularly Dany, would have thought it was a threat after seeing it.

And how did this allow Euron to shoot three ballista bolts while hiding behind a rock?

Talking about realism and ignoring the laser beam balistas

Attached: 1541569680288.png (913x790, 116K)

There is only 6 episodes in season 8. We just watched episode 4. There are only 2 episodes left in the show.

>solely exists to btfo irritating people to move the plot along

Attached: nice.jpg (533x800, 70K)

>Bad planning is rewarded with failure. Lack of preparation is rewarded with failure. Overconfidence is rewarded with failure. That's how it works in the real world
oh, sweetie.

Why didn't they just kill dany at the end instead of letting her walk away if it's realistic

balista was already used in a fight earlier with jaime

It's not so much making ballistae to fight dragons it was more of the comical euron just shows up out of nowhere and takes down a dragon just like that.

Maybe they could had established that Cersei heard from her advisor that a fleet was approaching dragonstone so she tells euron to fuck off and go instead

what is the point of Bronn shooting at Drogon last season then

This.
Everyone crying at this eepisode is fucking retarded. D&D are actually salvaging the series and normies are getting mad at it.

Literally never.

No

>Dany gives up on avenging her child and abandons her fleet
Daenerys is about to get the Stannis treatment

>the writing is suddenly not shit because it triggers normies now
no

Attached: CPN.jpg (134x150, 7K)

Yes.
There will be no Dany & Jon happy ending. The iron throne will be claimed by rational men. Feminisim wankery is over. Normies got bait and switched, thank you D&D

>normie girls at my work talk about how they loved the flying scenes with dragons especially the one with jon learning to fly it
>mfw the thought of their faces when they relax to the dragons flying and the spear goes through his fucking neck

Normies roasted

Attached: casual filter.png (631x710, 1003K)

The accuracy of the ballista was crazy.

based D&D knew they could do it.

Apart from main characters, what does Daenarys' army consist of at this point?

I think he means the revolving turret ballista mounted onto a ship.

You sound lonely, user

>so it's not like anyone, particularly Dany, would have thought it was a threat after seeing it.
she literally got shot with one while riding Drogon last season

Attached: 1508684963589.png (230x219, 5K)

The show was dead on last episode. We're only witnessing it's death throes

They had one earlier, it was on a cart.

That was pretty cool. I like random swift violence

>partially removing plot armor
>dragon gets hit with a billion ballista with 100% accuracy
>dany charges at euron in a straight line, every single ballista shot misses
BRABO DABID

dabid and dumb dumb explained it in their summary for retards at the end of the episode
bronn shot it and showed the design was bad so they made new ones and mass produced them
sounds like you were the target audience for that, probably shouldn't have missed it

>Daeneris didn't see that huge fleet from while flying on a dragon
>She didn't leave a garrison on dragonstone which could have warned her of euron's fleet
Either the writers of the show are illiterate of military strategy of daenerys has downs syndrome

literally lost levels of last season writing,this is the last time you take my shekels,hollywood!!!

Which is why I said it's just another example of her arrogance. Although this is exactly how her first dragon was killed, she still hasn't learned and her advisers didn't use caution. This is further exemplified by the small army they sent to parlay with Cersei in full view of the archers and ballistae who could easily have killed them all right there.

Probably both

you sound upset a flying rat fuckin died lol

Attached: 1557108649702.jpg (1242x868, 376K)

>It's just illogical how she got away and how they captured her adviser with ease. But the entire thing was to show out unprepared and arrogant they were, thinking they had won the battle before it had even started.

Yeah it got shot two times out of a few dozen ships with ballistas, stop your whining dany fags.

then just stop watching

Attached: 1541978653693.jpg (480x349, 29K)

It's their southern base of ops, makes sense desu.

>brutal realism
>fast moving airborn target gets sniped by a rapid fire ballista mounted on a rocking boat
>and this is all despite the dragon being outside of the ballista's effective range
>for some reason, no one scouts ahead to see the fleet before they get right on top of it
>this is stupid in and of itself, but is made even more fucking stupid when you consider that daenerys is the only person on the planet who has an air force and could easily and safely get an aerial view of the land from a massive distance
The brutal realism of the books and the earlier seasons make sense. This is just a retarded asspull.

Feminine power

Funny thing is this isn't the first time he's done some super surprise ambush, like he's done it twice fucking before TO PEOPLE THAT DANY KNOWS AND TALKS TO. Wouldn't you be on the lookout for this conveniently invisible fleet.

retard, I was speaking of why Dany (or one of the dragons) wouldn't think of them as a threat like said

he had an entire fleet of ballistas you seething dany fag

Is that how it works? The magic only works while dragons live?

>fast moving airborn target gets sniped by a rapid fire ballista mounted on a rocking boat
Yes they had a few dozen ships with ballistas
>and this is all despite the dragon being outside of the ballista's effective range
Obviously not out of range seething dany roastie
>for some reason, no one scouts ahead to see the fleet before they get right on top of it
Yeah bad planning is punished
>this is stupid in and of itself, but is made even more fucking stupid when you consider that daenerys is the only person on the planet who has an air force and could easily and safely get an aerial view of the land from a massive distance
Yeah your great queen slay womyn is a dumb loser, get over it roastie

>they should have known
I think it's clear from episode 3 no one knows what the fuck is going on with military strategy. And i'm not expecting perfection here... just not putting the fucking catapults in front of the front line BEHIND the CHARGING??? calvary ffs.

And how did they have all that wood for the funeral pyres but not enough spare wood to light up the ENTIRE FUCKING BATTLEFIELD episode 3? ffs

Jon Snow and the Worm kid should really know better, let alone Tyrion and the Onion Knight

They got me good by setting up the dragons being weak/getting used to flying again. They started out all shaky so by the time they showed the death shot I literally had just said "Look, they're all right they're flying well now." then BAM.

this. cant believe the "360 no scope" hate coming out. Just because the camera cut to the pirate fag doesn't mean the entire fleet didn't fire at the dragon to nail it 3 times. All the ships had the ballista mounted

Budget restraints ;)

>incel why do you care so much about arya killing the night king
>REEEEEEEEE WHY DID THEY KILL THE BLACK WOMAN
>REEEEEEEE WHY IS DANY LOSING

thank you D&D for this comedy series

Attached: 1549837009585.jpg (250x250, 8K)

>defending shitty writing because it pisses off "le normies" and "le roasties"
>thinking anyone who criticizes the godawful writing is just an upset danyfag
You have brain damage, user.

why are none of the torrents downloading?

i first assumed it was a Dany dream/nightmare sequence since it was so arbitrary and sudden and lame.

I did too. It came so out of thin air that I thought it would be a dany's nightmare sequence.

Stop posting about scary movie in every thread you obsessed tranny

NO DANARYS HELP ME AAAAAAAAAA

Attached: dragon.png (1242x868, 1.13M)

>Bruh the show is called GAME OF THRONES, of course who gets to be king is more important than the fight against the dead
>REEEEEEEEEEEE why are people scheming against Dany
Pottery

Notice how I refuted every points and you just name called.
THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF SEETHING ROASTIES
DANY WAS BTFO GET OVER IT

In the books, a mystery
In the show, irrelevant

this with the same lack of irony

all this
so lame. dragons would've spotted ships MILES away

>character and her every advisor acts with extremely out-of-character stupidity
>"yeah dude it's poor planning!"

fuck off

It kind of was. The usual Dany and her drogons scene flying around looking all badass while her theme music plays and then suddenly he gets BTFO and the music abruptly stops.

magic still exists kind of, but is greatly strengthened while dragons live. i wonder if the faceless man shit would still be as powerful is drogon dies

>Rhaegal drowns
>gets resurrected by the Drowned God
>gets vengeance torching iron fleet and Euron
it fits

>the small army they sent to parlay with Cersei in full view of the archers and ballistae who could easily have killed them all right there.
speaking of which why didn't they lol
Cersei blew up all her enemies in a church, does she really have a moral code that would stop her from shooting down her final enemy in a field in front of her?

It was pretty obviously when Missandei and the Eunuch Soldier held hands on the deck, and then they dropped anchors that they were going to get BTFO by an ambush. I can't be the only one who saw that coming.

>hit 3/3 bullseyes on a dragon with a semi-unpredictable flight path
>miss a dragon that is flying straight towards them with a barrage of tens of bolts
its so fucking stupid

then they're back at Dragonstone in the preview, kek

anyone with half a brain should of realized the shit writing by S5. Twitter, Tumblrinas, and leddit actually defending S8E3 because muh subversion just got BTFO'd - naw, you all deserve the BTFO'ing that is about to come S8E4,5,6

Between Good and Faceless, who is a better combatant? And why didn't anyone thought to hire these people for the war?

Attached: Men.jpg (870x692, 482K)

shes dumb and her advisors are too scared to stand up to her
Roasties are so mad

>hire these people for the war?
they're not an army
Each side could hire one to kill the enemy queen tho

pretty good for a series

Imagine being so absorbed in your ideology you define good and bad by how a work treats feminism.

This is why deviating from book Euron was such a mistake, he has a dragon horn and Valyrian steel armor so him being the end boss and BTFOing dragons would be perfectly acceptable in the books and not feel like an asspull

I actually did laugh lol

Dragons seem pretty easy to BTFO
how were they a problem before?

>hit 3/3
There were dozens of ships firing you mad roastie

Imagine being so completely and totally buttmad you're getting this upset at a bad fantasy show.

They were probably getting fucked and didn't notice.

They were 300 years old (5x the size of danys), had huge steel breastplates, and were ridden by competent warriors/generals.

You refuted literally nothing, you just recited what happened. You demonstrated the lowest level understanding of what you watched.

yeah not to shit on your parade or anything but a ballista is what killed one of Aegon's sisters when the dragons literally first came to Westeros

like shit ain't new but your heart is in the right place

Yeah, what the fuck? Both the Night King and the Dragons have been nerfed to fuck all in the last two episodes.

Well, guess the plot needed it to be that way!

>implying he isn't also irritating as fuck

I want Euron to be on the throne. He's the most competent character in these later seasons.

Why do you think I'm mad? Does it have something to do with why you seem to think criticism of the show is haram because blue checkmarks are mad right now?

euron is a pretty good shot shooting from behind rocks off screen.

That seemed like a juxtaposition to Dany. The difference between a master strategist and an impulsive fool. Cersei could have easily killed Tyrion but she chose not to just like she could have killed the few soldiers Dany brought. Cersei has a strong hand, but decided to err on the side of caution, which is the best way to win a defensive battle.

Well as soon as John said he wasn't going to ride the dragon south it was obvious it wouldn't have enough plot armor to survive anymore.

I'm not the guy you were originally replying to. I find this all hilarious at how upset people are getting at such a stupid show.

It's called plot armor.

So with that dragon ambush
1. How did they know they'd be coming around the bend just then; were they just waiting there for days?
2. How did they hit the dragon that many times and so accurately without seeming to have line of sight?
3. How did Dany not see all those ships seeing as she's flying?
4. They were able to hit one dragon 825,600 times but couldn't even give the other a papercut when neither were expecting it?

why would caution prevent you from taking a free shot at your enemies?
if nobody cared about her killing the tyrells and her own relatives by blowing up the holiest site in the land, I don't think they'd give a shit about her mowing down some targ shit and her foreign horde in a field

Hack&Hack are breaking the rules of their own world. Dragons are supposed to be the equivalent of an intercontinental nuclear warhead. Did Eurons fleet buy anti-missile technology from Israel? Are those Iron Dome ballistae?

Maybe I'm not properly remembering what Cersei said last scene, but I'm pretty sure she went out of her way to create the weapons she has now specifically to fight the dragons she knew would be coming. All I'm saying is that she came prepared and was victorious, while the unprepared one was quickly dispatched.

kek

lol you guys wernt the only one, I was waiting for her to wake up in bed because she heard her dragons idle roars in the distance.

The show might have pissed me off to no end this week and it might be dead to me but you're right, at least I get to kick back and enjoy normies and SJW's tears when their cunt kween gets shanked.

They'll never use 'Yaas kween slay' again.

*record scratch*
>Yep, that's me, about to get cucked the fuck out.
>I bet you're wondering how I got into this situation.
*VHS rewind, with continuing narration*
>It all started back in the day when all my dad and her dad wanted to do join their houses together.
*Kids in America starts playing*
>That was even before I knew my dad was my the King!

Attached: 1526662489677.png (502x519, 164K)

>Where can I drop dead on this gay medieval Earth that I won't be resurrected by some god?

>were they just waiting there for days?
Yes, they know she has to come south, its literally the only way by ship to kinds landing from the north.
>How did they hit the dragon that many times and so accurately without seeming to have line of sight?
they had line of sight and it was dozens of ships
> How did Dany not see all those ships seeing as she's flying?
Your queen is a dumb roastie get over it
>They were able to hit one dragon 825,600 times but couldn't even give the other a papercut when neither were expecting it?
the absolute state of seething dany fags

Because a free shot could be a trap and there's nothing worse than losing when you're this close to victory.
>if nobody cared
Did people really link her to the explosion? How could they have known she played a part in that? Tyrion said in this episode that her people hate her and she hates them so she wasn't doing it for their approval but for a strategic reason imo.

This would be the case if the NK hadn't impaled a dragon with one thrust of the javelin.

I thought Cersei was gonna kill all of them standing in front of Kings landing like that and then the show was gonna have Jon come in and be on the iron throne.

>highly trained armies
>dont send a scout out to see if the way is clear

escusemewtf.avi

writers have to asspull a way for them to be threatened despite dodging plenty of ballistas and night king spears earlier

How was he cucked if the woman chooses no men instead of him?

> AHHHHHHHHHHHHH DROGONNNNNN-ONICHAN TASUKETE KUDASAIIIIIIIIII!!!!

yeah well the whole "ballista literally being invented 5 minutes ago" thing is dumb and contrived. Literally just a way for qyburn to be useful and introduce a way for dragons to die. I'm not disagreeing with your broader assessment, just telling you that ballista prior to qyburn's "invention" is canon and how dragons have been killed before.

Link for the spoilers for episode 5&6?

It looks fine asshole

>brutal realism
ballistas arent guns. their ballistas, their aim is shit for the size that appears in the show, those ones could maybe hit a target 500 feet away
it wouldnt rip through a dragon flying 5000 feet away
a ballista of the largest size required dozens of men to load and takes 5+ minutes to reload, and would take up an entire ship
the ones used in the show could only hit a target 500-700 feet away, and isnt a cannon or machine gun

in the metaphorical sense

Attached: 1554817047676.png (629x672, 203K)

that shouldnt have happened.
it takes over a dozen men to load one ballista of that size, its not a machine gun

I guess in the sense that she's choosing the God of Death over him.

>same flying dragon gets hit multiple times. it def dead
>ships were hidden behind some land or something
>impossible for flying dragons not to stumble upon them
>AMBUSH

Attached: cover.jpg (1437x808, 439K)

>brutal realism
so no one decided to put amour on the dragons?
after the nk took one out with a javelin?
and bronn injured one with a magic machine gun ballista?
they are useless

She chose the Hound.

>first of its kind
>brutal realism
the greeks in 300 bc had ballistas
the romans had accurate longer range ones in 400ad
they werent used after and replaced with catapults and trebuchets

this

What? You don't think ballista on a moving vehicle can accurately hit a moving object from 1000 ft? Euron basically 360 no scoped a dragon.

You don't know shit about CGI

How did Daenerys not see the huge fleet of ships?

she needs glasses

yes the weird warlock said this in s2 in qarth.

Well his ship is crewed by mutes so yeah.

Only thing Daenerys sees is an image of herself posing on the throne. She has to make a focused effort to see normally.

That's really funny considering Sansa told Dany they should recuperate. Most likely Rhaegel died because it was still too weak to maneuver and would have otherwise survived

It's just endless. Mistake after mistake.

>expecting liberal hollywood types to have the slightest understating of weaponry

Oh and she made one of the last king's bastards trueborn. Super smart

it feels good to be high IQ

Attached: 1556993731538.png (300x250, 30K)

Bronn loaded a crossbow with 1 hand. Come to think of it, didn't joffrey have a crossbow? And he had to crank it?

Of course they aren't machine guns but it was a fleet of ships all firing in sequence. I don't think anyone is gonna get that technical with the range though and my realism comment was direct at the unceremonious way characters used to die in the early seasons.

>mfw they didn't use the dragons to start a new valyrian steel forge and instead made dragonglass a thing because lazy writing

Attached: 1523818725310.jpg (360x360, 55K)

Lol he did and it was the same crossbow Bronn had. Holy shit.

No, he had a sweet lever-action loader he was totally stoked about when he was exposing his /k/ autism to margarey back in season 3(ish)

Because the plan was to burn those ships and she didn't think anyone would stand a chance against her and her dragons.

ditto.
expected her to wake up in cold sweat or something.

>tfw we could have had scenes of Gendry learning to forge with dragonfire and the writers of this show literally thought 2 episodes of him hitting volcanic glass with a hammer was a better idea.

Attached: 1487793038051.jpg (700x571, 21K)

oh yeah

i lost my shit

Attached: laugh (3).jpg (450x450, 30K)

It doesn't make sense. Ballistas with the range and power shown aren't that size, they should be the siege ballistas that had ranges of around 0.7 miles. When I mean they where bigger, I mean inmensely bigger.

Image shown is not the biggest this one is like a 1/3 as powerful as the most powerful one.

Also, the trajectory is so off, there is a cliff and they appear behind it so they can justify not being seen by anyone on the daenerys fleet. It's jarring to say the least. To boot, 3 shots, 100% hit? At a flying thing that has just stopped a turn and had started to go straight? Lol lol lol. Season 8, lazy writting shenanigans everywhere.

Attached: Bal_BBC1.jpg (423x474, 41K)

this
the normalfags really do infest this shithole during GoT

no
>Dragon: "RAWR"
>Ballista: "Nothin personal, kid"
mashup yet?

Attached: durgesh.jpg (337x233, 59K)

>Forging volcanic glass

Attached: 1492806230689.gif (431x480, 2.81M)

If arya unceremoniously assasinates cercei after a giant pointless battle i swear to god im going to hollywood the beat the shit out of d&d with george rrrrrrrr martins fucking diabeetus swollen clubfoot.

Attached: t_maisie_williams_nude_got_sex4-310x310.jpg (310x310, 18K)

>1
Realism is not the word regarding anything even remotely related to the military part of season 8. It's all so "you know no shit about this so you are gonna eat it and like it". No man, no, it's garbage, it's stupid and to boot, they are making nearly everyone act as bamboozling idiots so they can justify what is happening, so much in fact that some characters aren't the same, literally.

>that gif
My one true love in life has a belly button fetish and I'll sadly never be able to do this. Why even live bruhs

>could be a trap
how? they're already in King's Landing prepared for a siege anyway

Nah she's gonna get captured and will ruin whatever shitty plan team leeroy jenkins comes up with

Same here, but I also expected the knight king to kneel before Bran so what do I know.

underrated

IIRC he literally has teleport magic or some bullshit in the books. I could be misremembering though

I must admit it caught me by surprise, but everything before and after that was garbage so the wow factor didn't last long

That's not belly button fetish. That's a fetish I can't remember. But basically you can massage the uterus/vaginal canal from outside the body and it produces a unique orgasm. I've come across one manga where somebody climaxes from non-genital stimulation with that goal in mind. It's possible in real life. Dudes can do it to themselves too if you want, though you're essentially pressing against the prostate from the outside.

>>for some reason, no one scouts ahead to see the fleet before they get right on top of it
this is my main beef. but as usual dabid and dabid must write the characters as drooling retards

do an 'imagine' with her telling arya how she's a beautiful girl.

>Hound is taller, has a bigger dick, and is a better fighter
Makes sense. Gendry is basically a manlet.

there was a rock

Well if you want to talk about strategy, an enemy might send a small force to focus your attention while the main army attacks from a different point. All I'm saying is Cersei had every opportunity to kill all of them, especially Tyrion and chose not to which is 100% in line with her cautious tactician personality.

Bran will warg his corpse

>>for some reason, no one scouts ahead to see the fleet before they get right on top of it
Dany WAS the scout. Yes, she is THAT dumb.

Natural rock formations are apparently a dragons main weakness, they cant melt rocks with dragon fire, only stone walls, they cant even see past rocks, rocks BTFO dragons

that was so stupid and pathetic
wasn't even surprised
how the fuck could you not see ships from 100 miles away while flying on a dragon

>Magic dead man with magic powers magically throws magic ice spear and magically kills a dragon with it magically. Magic
>This means normal humans with big crossbows should be able kill dragons
>Did I mention fucking magic?

>low res freeze frame of a scene where the camera was moving fast
>that cgi is horrendous

It looked fine in video, this series is dog shit, no need to make up shit to criticize it over.

>realism is not the word
Yeah you're right, but I was referring to the unceremonious way the characters used to die in the earlier seasons.
>some characters aren't the same
Oh yeah Tyrion is not the genius he used to be and should have had a series of backup plans but this failure is exactly how Dany is and has always been. Even though her first dragon died with a javelin, and the one she was riding nearly got killed by wights, she still exposes them as much as possible and underestimates her enemies.

i hope you can be happy one day user, i really do.

The writers are really lazy but this was the first thing that shocked me all season. Of course it's a total deus ex because that's the only way they can shock anyone now.

David said Dany literally forgot they were there.

Yeah its not like the made special anti dragon ballista arrow heads or anything

Yeah, so it's supposed to display Dany's hubris. But that ballista is enormously OP to get the sort of range it had. I mean, she hadn't even spotted the fleet and was hundreds of feet up. You would need a bullet or a rocket to hit that dragon.

>have multiple ballistas that can shoot down a flying dragon from a mile away
>decide not to light up Dany and company while they have their little stare-down outside the city wall with said ballistas and hundreds of archers in tow

Attached: 5Kg7Y04.jpg (431x450, 68K)

Why the fuck would she even fly straight at them only to turn around and run away, she didnt even try to come back for a strafing run from the side when they were shooting up her fleet, like fuck sakes its so bad.

Don't you mean properly contrived? Everything in the scene of the dragon dying is stupid. Instead, they should have made the dragons evade some, and the one with the wing injured evading worse, then eating ONE because of that, for example having to stop and hover,then eat the projectile and go down . As this happens Daenerys should have been able to burn some of the ships until they reload , then she bolts out. The ballistas where behaving more like WW2 heavy AA guns , not like any sort of torsion-based weapon both in range and power.

t. brainlet speedwatcher
Cersei spent half a season funding ballistas that could work on dragons, which Bronn had already used on one last season.
The real question you should be asking is why the fuck Dany didn't armor her dragons after they've already been skewered twice.

>perfect aim around a blind corner
>suddenly cain't aim for shit when the other dragon is barreling right fucking at you

BRAVO DND

>Realism
>1km pinpoint accuracy sniper Ballistas shooting moving target out of the sky
>3 perfectly placed vital shots and head on impacts

Ahh I love opening my history books and reading about ships that literally exploded with full auto armor piercing ballista machine gun fire kek

Attached: Log head.jpg (221x250, 8K)

You're probably thinking of Emergence.

Attached: 133.jpg (423x229, 24K)

big if true, too bad no one here will ever find out if it is

This should be one even the NPC masses should wonder

Only the first ~1/7 is called Game of Thrones for the source material

Bonus points: Those ballistas can't fire backwards, the sails and masts are in the way. Free kills for the dragon.

>Order archers to draw on Tyrion approaching an enormous wall
>As if he poses a threat and no one will slip and accidentally kill the diplomat
>Sending out your mad scientist as the diplomat
so much stupid to go around this season. man i hate this show with a passion.

Arrogance. Dany thought this was gonna be an easy victory and she didn't even want to wait a day for her men to recover and her advisers are too scared of her to complain.

So does Drogon live or not? That's all I care about at this point.

not only can they not fire backward but they have an extremely limited fire arc, like 90 degrees MAX with how long they fucking are, she literally only had to FLY HIGHER.

I'm not justifying that she was caught off guard, more pointing out more lazy writing from dabid and dabid.

Attached: 1557113447982.png (1187x674, 646K)

That scene was hilarious. From the fact that the ballistas are on open platforms without any form of cover to the fact that she had literally all her enemies in front at magic-kraut-88mm-equivalent-ballista range.

>this is real
DABID

Attached: LOL.png (920x863, 642K)

I hope they choke on a bag of dicks, those dumb assholes. This show is gay and an obscene amount of money is getting wasted on shit writing and cheap thrills.

these fucking retards ruin Yea Forums

But remember they have apparently an R2D2 with a bonner radar system somewhere, and also those bolts employ thrust vectoring somehow to be able to dodge the cliff and then hit the dragon.

fuck that was my favorite dragon
why are dragons so easy to kill in game of reddit?

user, pls

Attached: 1554448128675.png (1238x1270, 737K)

I think she thought it was the Greyjoy chick since it was a small fleet and she learned that they took back the iron islands so they simply tricked her and that is why we didn’t see all the iron fleet

>AAAAAAAAAA NOOOOO DANNY SAY THE MAGIC WORDS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 4qttata.gif (512x358, 400K)

I think they meant to show Sansa was right it suggesting they weight and recover. Dragon 2 was struggling to fly. A healthy Rhaegel would have dodged fine or at least only got wounded

kek
how does anyone watch this unironically

There shouldn't be anyone. All but like 4 Dothraki died in the Leeroy Jenkins charge into the darkness and only a few dozen Unsullied were on the castle side of the trench before they lit it. The rest should be only what Northmen and Valemen survived the battle. She can't possibly have enough men to lay siege to King's Landing.

Attached: suckonthosemommytitties.gif (336x189, 4M)

>they took an extra year to improve the writing
DABID

DABID WHAT IF KALSY FORGOT ABUT CERSIS FLEET DABIIIIID

In the old days they didn't have ballistas with the range of several thousand yards.

No, because they had 100% accuracy , like a gae bolg. That Dragon needed to go because muh D&D can write anything not show how actually the dragon struggles to make the dodges then get caught after some maneveurs. They nail him 3 times without fail while high, fast, and after doing turns in diferent direction. Those bolts where fired way before the dragons where heading straight. So they where guided and with thrust vectoring.

DELETE THIS RIGHT NOW

Attached: 4524taq.gif (512x358, 400K)

Be fair. This mad scientist was the hand of the queen as was Tyrion. It was perfectly reasonable for him to do it. Also, she was drawing because this was a perfect opportunity to kill the person she's been trying to kill for several seasons, but decided to hold in her bloodlust for the moment.

I hate danny but you're still a nigger that needs to KYS

Qyburn in reality has made German 88's from ww2. Look at how flat they fly when shot at the ships, lol.

It's okay Dany will wish him back with the Dragon balls

She is not and never has been a "cautious tactician", she is cunning, but impulsive.

>suggest worst plan every time
>scared of standing up

>have to journey from winterfell to white harbor, then sail all the way across half the continent
>meanwhile the rest will take a month to go from winterfell to king's landing
>not recovering

Yeah it's just absurd. No one thinks about how fucking heavy a bolt that size is. I wonder if D&D have ever really thought about what they're putting down. How much effort is really there? It's so sophomoric. They seem to have nothing but contempt for it, and write the dumbest crap. I guess they figure they can do anything with their ebin fantasy setting.

And it failed to kill the fucking dragon despite it being much closer and the ballista being on a stationary platform.

>He thinks you can recover on forced march.
>He thinks wounds heal over time without resting like in vidya

Cersei knows she can fucking destroy them now. She just wants to make them suffer slowly seeing as how she has all the cards.

Still an stupid explanation. They made ballistas with power and accuracy of heavy AA guns, lol. Balistas 8 meters in height had only 0.7 miles range. That shitty thing Euron shot should haven't even climbed halfway to where the dragons where. Fuck, not even a 1/4.

>Cersei knows she can fucking destroy them now
no its just shit writing.

>The real question you should be asking is why the fuck Dany didn't armor her dragons after they've already been skewered twice.
Why didn't Dany have intelligence on KL before committing naval forces?
Why didn't she have intel before bringing not one but TWO capital assets into the field?
How could the small council consisting of very smart people not have any sort of contingency in place in case of overwhelming forces?
How is ANYONE alive after the ENTIRE fleet went into the drink??

Your welcome.

Attached: thelastgoodcharacter.png (1026x1026, 1.53M)

So is getting Arya'd a fucking thing now?

First NK gets shiv'd by Arya and her 20 foot horizontal, 9 foot fucking vertical leap, and next we get this shit. Fucking ho hum just flying around with a visual range of miles and miles and WHAM FUCKING ARROWS ALL UP IN MY SHIT O FUCK IM FUCKING DEAD WHO COULD HAVE SEEN IT COMING?!

Just end this fucking farce already.

>reddit spacing

i have a tickling fetish and a belly button fetish.

Attached: 1367973824513.gif (160x120, 634K)

Yea stupid, rocks were in teh way. Even lucas knew this, dum dum.

Attached: SW-R2-D2.jpg (600x318, 79K)

Also, how did they get from Dragonstone to landing the army outside KL without the Iron Fleet destroying the boats that were imagined into existence to carry them before they even made it half way in to Blackwater Bay?

>brutal realism is killing a dragon

woow.

Dragons also wouldnt be able to fly

No link needed
Dany and lays waste to kings landing and goes full psycho. Jaime gets captured by Danys forces for trying to return home, Tyrion lets him escape. Jaime fights euron and kills him, dies alongside cersei. Dany wins, is a psycho, Jon realizes shes done and has to kill her. He refuses the throne and takes the black. A small council of leftover characters like tyrion and bran are left running the show. NO WOMEN. The end.

It doesnt touch on stuff like what happens to the last dragon which is a big plot point so its probably fake and some goy spun it up quickly after watching the leaked episode. But its fun to imagine the salt and we only have a few eps left.

honk honk

So the bolts can either home on target and turn or they can pass through undesired solid mass as it was not there? And no, shot arch isn't gonna cut it because he needs to see them to shoot at them.

>taking my comment seriously

user, I..

doubtful, they're ugly cunts

I am happy now that there's only one cunt dragon left to slaughter

Attached: magic.jpg (800x450, 84K)

>jamie doesn't become the queenslayer
why? his whole character is about protecting the people and it's why he killed the mad king

Forgot the part where Arya tries to kill Cersei and fails

The problem is that ballistas were literally ancient obsolete digged up from a cave. They were only semi-relevant in past war when dragons exist. However, they were shitty against dragon in the first place and it takes some major stroke of luck for them to even take down a flying. Of dragon. Of course, they were still being used because having ballistas is better than not having anything against dragon.

I laughed unironically

hello phoneposter

Attached: 1438114726615.jpg (900x675, 52K)

>small council leads the 7 kingdoms
???
that makes absolutely no sense, both in general fantasy and in ASoIaF because you need some dumb king figure to inspire the people and hold absolute power even if he/she doesn't make all the decisions

even Tywin understood this

>Jon takes the black
>The wall is destroyed and the long night is over but there's still a Night's Watch for some reason

>114163366
What else are they gonna do with all the thieves and people with CP on their computers?

Can't distinguish, there is too much "oh awesome episode" everywhere. Also, there is not enough pointing at the things the ep did wrong.

And thats a good thing. They got the good ending. They go home free of any threat of monsters. Or winter evidently.

gotta keep the savages out

Also after the Long Night of legends, the night's watch was founded.

>48 BCE (10th July) Battle of Dyrrhachium against Pompey in Macedonia. Caesar forced to retreat to avoid being defeated
>48 BCE (9th August) Battle of Pharsalus. Decisive victory over Pompey who fled to Egypt
>48 BCE (October) Pursued Pompey to Egypt. Upon arrival was presented with Pompey’s head.
Would you look at that, in line with what would've take to get from winterfell to king's landing with an army

Ask dabids, because so far all of the leaks even the preposterous ones were right on the money.

Dragon obviously dead left out bc small subplot. Like how Jon ends up with Sansa.

The same thing every other medieval society did: cut off their hands or execute them?

The show literally ends with jon rebuilding the wall with a new watch and warning them that winter is coming. I expect you will kys after watching it

>Like how Jon ends up with Sansa.
pls be true

that makes no sense whatsoever though
which is why it makes utter sense to be true

>Jarringly cut from Winterfell to a fleet sailing around king’s landing
>Out of nowhere, a series of elephant sized bolts kill the dragon
>Camera zooms in on the evil ironborn fleet of... 8 ships
>Euron is sitting controlling one of the ballistas like a power rangers villain

It was fucking retarded

Attached: 4F77DD6A-C63E-4874-8F2F-8AEC4AEDF355.png (1242x2208, 842K)

>The show literally ends with jon rebuilding the wall with a new watch and warning them that winter is coming
>you hear a baby laugh after jon says that
DAAABID DOES IT AGAIN

Why have you forsaken me? Your loyalty to me was stronger than any steel.

Attached: R'hllorRises.jpg (1280x720, 351K)

Because the threat wasn't actually gone.
Also the savages are already in and a bunch of them are leaving of their own free will because they don't want to live in the Seven Kingdoms.

Crasters baby will eventually become the new NK and it will all happen again. Jon kills crazed Dany, ice and fire cannot live together. The leaks were true.

>pls be true
>jon wont fuck his aunt
>will fuck his cousin

>they assume she’s captured instead of drowned

Uhhh what?

Tyrion literally told her to be careful and not rush to win
I still don't really know why they had to go to dragonstone anyway

>a trap
THERE IS LITERALLY NO WAY FOR IT TO BE A TRAP
WE HAVE ALREADY ESTABLISHED DROGON WILL GET NUKED THE MOMENT HE RETALIATES AND THE UNSULLIED DONT HAVE THE ABILITY TO WALK THROUGH DEFENSIVE WALLS

I wish Jon and Dany and Sansa would have a three-way and Sansa would sit on Dany's face.

>brutal realism it used to have

This. Its why the nights watch is rebuilt following Jon killing dany. Bravo dabid

This

Attached: NO.jpg (1080x816, 211K)

I think I saw that on rule34.com

>Sansa would sit on Dany's face.
now were talkin.

Do you know how you get from Greece to Egypt? By boat. Meaning not marching. The majority of the army didn't sail to KL they marched there, that's why Tyrion says "it could take a fortnight for Jon to get here".

>hiding behind some rocks and hoping the dragons would fly close enough to be hit from the right direction so he could fire the ballistas at them.
>sails should have been spotted much before ballistas gained line of sight
>if dany was higher from way farther too

>big slow boats with front mounted ballisted
She literally could've just circled and hit them from the back or the sides with the rocks providing enough cover for a strafing run from the sides since they seemed to be between cliffs.
Shitty writing isn't dany's fault faggot.

this dragon death felt just as cheap and stupid as the last one. Fuck this shity show.

Your mom used to tickle you and do that thing where she blows on your stomach didn't she?

But then who is Jon supposed to kiss?

Attached: 1480997623694.gif (268x300, 392K)

How do they know what Missandei looks like?
Why did Grey Worm INSTANTLY know she was captured instead of exploded or drowned?

Why was this episode 50 minutes of filler then 25 minutes of rushed plotline?

...where euron has 8 more boats ready to shoot them

He kisses Sansa while he's railing Dany's backdoor. Then Sansa explodes all over Dany's face.

I thought King's Landing was surrounded by mountains and forest what the fuck is this weirdly empty plains bullshit?

Simply go behind the formation? Or strafe the back part of it fist?

Because

B R A V O D A B I D
R
A
V
O

:( i'm sad Yea Forums

I wanted them to have a happy ending at least

Attached: 521014043.jpg (1400x773, 191K)

Im sad that the dragon had such a faggoty death after bravely taking on his zombie brother

This pissed me off so fucking much.

The scene would've been a million times better if Dany was watching from a distance then Cersei BTFO of the dickless soldiers to get her mad, instead of the dumb beheading and letting them leave BS.

I don't understand why Cersei didn't tell her soldiers to fire. There is quite LITERALLY nothing Dany could have done to survive.

It was kino

That would've made the most sense logically but D&D desperately want more drama and have Tyrion kill Dany.

From the look of it, those ballista can't shoot straight up. Dive bomb from above and blow fire/hook last second.

>>Euron is sitting controlling one of the ballistas like a power rangers villain
Jesus Christ this. I laughed but it was retarded.

Attached: 1529056272413.png (586x634, 276K)

It was really important that we see a drinking game before the really awkward sex scene with Jaime and Brienne, that we know that Pod's magic dick is still magic, that the Hound is still a miserable bastard and that Arya don't need no man.

fuckoff scaleniggers, skys full

I mean to be fair its kinda in Euron's character to want to fire the dragon killing shot himself.

I think it would've made more sense for them to fire a rain of arrow though instead of 3 pinpoint shots

Maisie Williams may remind me of Sid from Ice Age, but I still want to see that bod in full

It's entirely in character though, He's a crazy pirate who wants to fuck the queen and kill dragons.

Remember how he personally was first on board yara's ship? He single handedly saved the show.

this. I can deal with the first dragon getting fucked due to ice magic night king fuckery. But this shit, euron with the handwave Otomatic like ballista was just lame

Absolutely this. One shot ok. Two with extreme luck. 3? Fuck off.

They were never going to have a happy ending. Eventually Missandei would have found an actual man to fuck her and the cockless wonder would be just her emotional tampon for life or he'd become an hero.

Just watch goblin slayer

based

Sam found a way to cure a disease that's been around for thousands of years. He can probably figure out how to grow back a cock

I've been meaning to watch that, actually. If I end up jerkin' it to cartoons I'm going to be pissed.

That too.

I still think that going from the sides is safer considering that they flank two cliffs, strafing the back ships from the sides should've been a piece of cake. But dive bombing should works just fine.

Seriously, look at where they are, they can't maneuver for shit there, they're sitting ducks against something like a dragon.

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 1.18M)

>implying Grey Worm's tongue doesn't have Poddick levels of power

Attached: 1552753570377.gif (284x301, 1.49M)

He read it in a book

>He single handedly saved the show.
He's too obnoxious and cringey and a total Gary Stu, fuck that obnoxious dude.

What ever happened to that guy, anyway? I dropped the show.

that would imply D&D understanding anything tangible about strategy or tactics. Or developing Darnys character to show she learned more about flying the dragons than GO BURN THAT SHIT

I liked how fast they were reloading the fuckhueg ballistae. Also it was cool how they were ripping through the ships like cannon fire.

Yikes you need to have sex, the man is an absolute legend.

If you are still seriouswatching this show you have a problem sweetie, I just hang out with my bros and dad and watch it while wrestling my bros and screaming "I AM DA NORF"

The kino is the fun you have with ur friends and family making fun of it

The ships were invisible ?

>A small council of leftover characters like tyrion and bran are left running the show.
>NO WOMEN.

Attached: zekek.png (295x321, 139K)

Bran - I don't want to be Lord of Winterfell. Turns and winks to camera

The distance between Dyrrhachium and Pharsalus is almost 500km with modern roads so about 300 miles and the battles are a month apart.
So that's about 2 weeks of marching with the average marching speed of a roman legion, so that's about a 2 weeks between battles that they could have spent doing nothing but resting, which they probably didn't.

Overall, not too unrealistic to have them set off not much after the battle, considering that marching an army to king's landing would've taken way longer.

Yes
This whole “progressive” fad that’s hit entertainment is a big comedy to many of the top people that grew up in the 70’s/80’s and weren’t pussies. They’re psychopaths that only want to aggressively get money and fuck hot girls so they don’t really care that it’s tainting our culture. They’re probably the happiest and carefree people out there

Absolutely based. Based euron singlehandedly btfos the feminist yaass slay queens.