Post The Best Spy/Espionage Flicks

Post the best Spy Espionage Movies and TV series

Attached: Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.jpg (630x268, 164K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pq61jstTApk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

austin powers

>Post the best Spy Espionage Movies and TV series
you start

Attached: foi579.jpg (510x755, 74K)

Valkyrie

I did, read the file name

Attached: 91yVmqE+OEL._SY445_.jpg (315x445, 43K)

Spy Games
Enemy of the State

Legitimate question, am I fucking retarded that I didn't understand what was going on in this movie? It's literally the only film I've ever finished, then had to look up the plot summary to get I actually just saw happen. Should I just stick to capeshit

ok here it is
it's hard to say since I read the book first but it seemed straightforward

Attached: image.jpg (1200x1600, 236K)

The movie can be hard to follow if your not used to the terminology used and so on. The miniseries is great and lets you follow the plot better, but it has more runtime.

Attached: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy -Ricky is sick of your shit.webm (1000x750, 2.88M)

>Legitimate question, am I fucking retarded that I didn't understand what was going on in this movie? It's literally the only film I've ever finished, then had to look up the plot summary to get I actually just saw happen. Should I just stick to capeshit
The narrative structure of this movie is a fucking train wreck. The acting is great, but that doesn't make this movie "good" enough to watch twice.

I could barely finish it and only stuck with it because of its reputation.

One of hte most underrated is tailor of Panama.

Attached: Tailor of Panama - Reputation.webm (1280x544, 2.54M)

Thanks user, you tards crack me up.

I didn't know there was a miniseries i will have to check it out

It a older TV series (1979) but has Alec Guinness, Michael Jayston, Anthony Bate.

youtube.com/watch?v=pq61jstTApk

Its on youtube

Do you disagree

Alec Guinness, sounds legit

Where Eagles Dare is classic war spy kino

Attached: WhereEaglesDare.jpg (1600x1200, 452K)

>Legitimate question, am I fucking retarded that I didn't understand what was going on in this movie? It's literally the only film I've ever finished, then had to look up the plot summary to get I actually just saw happen. Should I just stick to capeshit
No, it a bit of a mess if you never read it.

But the plot is actually simple once you get though that it told horribly.

George Smiley is a old school British Intelligence officer. He was the right hand man of "Control" which was the office name of the head of the British inteligence (The Circus)

Control sends Jim Prideaux behind the iron curtain since Control knows one of his top officers is a spy for the soviets. (thus the whole tinker tailor soldier spy as he gives each of the men a codename to be called back.)

Jim Prideaux is betrayed and shot, and presumed dead. Control has to resign since it a huge scandal and George is retired with him. Control dies of cancer.

However
1) Jim Prideaux is still alive. He now teaches french since he not officially alive as a cover.
2. Someone high up in the government figures out that there is a mole, and brings back george to find him

George does spywork (real spywork, not the stuff you see in movies) and sets a trap to find the mole, and it is there old friend Bill Haydon (who is fucking George wife, and most likley had a relationship with Jim.

George returns as the head of intelligence, and Jim kills Bill for his deeds before he can be traded for a British spy the Soviets have.

The whole ricky Tarr stuff is how they figure out what going on.

Attached: Harry Potter watches Hedwig get rekt.webm (1000x588, 2.38M)

Breach and Body of lies is also great, as is TTSS

what movie is this? did that owl fly out of the chimney?

Tinker Tailor Soldier spy, and yes, the Owl was roosting in the chimney.