Will it beat endgame?

will it beat endgame?

Attached: art_of_rise_of_skywalker_1024x948.jpg (1024x948, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/muUTjg0oLvQ
twitter.com/rebelrealcanon/status/968875996802879488/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^968875996802879488&ref_url=https://comicbook.com/starwars/2018/02/28/disney-lucasfilm-luke-skywalker-conspiracy-theory-the-last-jedi/
youtu.be/Ncpcbu5bSPE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no, yesterday was star wars day and nobody gave a shit

Lolno

Attached: 1514434935754.jpg (500x370, 59K)

Endgame doesn't even know this move exists

the rest of the world doesn't give a shit about star wars

It won't even beat the last jedi.

It won’t even beat the last Jedi

Ooof

:( this is true.
Nobody cares about Star Wars anymore.
>go to Target
>see a dad buying toys for his kids
>"oh look kids! star wars! woah a lightsaber!"
>"who cares, dad? star wars is gay."

>star the rise of skywalker wars
?

Nope, it will make money though

based kids

>Episode 9 trailer views for top 3 listings combined - 36 million

>Joker trailer views for top 3 listings combined - 56 million

OH NO NO NO

No. Compare the box office revenue of TFA and TLJ. There is almost a $700 million difference. Interest in Star Wars is fading.

old joke and not a good one

IW made 2bil. Endgame got set up properly and will easily beat it

TLJ severely underperformed, and did not set up anything properly. It will have to take a miracle for it to even get close to 2bil

Not a chance. Avengers had the benefit of being passably good. Disney Wars has been stumbling along with just brand recognition as its saving grace.

Attached: Ithorian_concept_art.jpg (384x492, 43K)

>disney buys franchise from original creator
>movies fail because they don't make them for kids like he did
pretty funny, you'd expect the reverse

Lmao it won't even make $1.2 billion

LOL!! I was that kid XDDDD

Attached: ConcernedShrillKatydid-max-1mb.gif (187x240, 878K)

No, it'll be lucky to even do Solo numbers.

The Last Jedi was a literal franchise killer for Disney. Expect Wars to become streaming TV based in the future.

the knights of Ren are all clones, they all look like Rey, screencap this

The thing I wanna know is why aren't Star Wars movies as good as MCU movies. Aren't they both owned and supervised by Disney? Because I got out of TLJ without seeing any satisfactory fight.
The red guards were just lame minions without force powers that shouldn't have posed any kind of trouble, and generally, it looked like a slow ass fight when Jedi and Sith are supposed to be feared by their power capable of wrecking spaceships and giant droids.

From external material we know they are super fast, super strong and have many tricks. Watching Kyo and Rei fight should be as exciting as Cap and Black Panther and Iron Man's fights, very dynamic. But they aren't, they look like regular humans with sticks.
This is ignoring the mess of a script they have with no exciting moments.

So yeah, how the fuck can they claim to belong to the same company as the MCU? Did all the shitty writers get sent to work on Star Wars?

It'll be lucky to not flop.

Rian Johnson subverted Disney's expectations of making money.

>The thing I wanna know is why aren't Star Wars movies as good as MCU movies.
one caters to their fanbase, the other is trying to create a new fanbase at the cost of its already huge fanbase. Not rocket science. And just because they're both owned by disney doesn't mean that they're both operated the same way. KK is not Feige.

Because star wars doesn't have someone like Feige. He wrote comics, loves comics, and understands them and is probably a genius. KK is a dumb crone who is in menopause.

They make love in the end?

>Did all the shitty writers get sent to work on Star Wars?
yes and no. There was an agenda with who was hired to write for star wars to push that agenda. The priority wasn't creating good star wars movies, it was to create star wars that pushed a certain point of view. Marvel, with the exception of captain marvel, has always out its characters and fanbase first.

Keving feige knows what he's doing, Kathleen Kennedy is a clueless SJW hack who doesn't have any ideas beyond YAAAS QUEEN SLAY bullshit.

Part of the reason is that Disney keeps trying to treat Star Wars like its the MCU and its not. the other reason is that the people working on Star Wars don't actually like Star Wars.

The only character anyone gives a shit about is Kylo (and that's not a good thing)

This. I don't care for the MCU, but Fiege knew what the fans at large wanted and have it to them. KK told Star Wars fans what they should enjoy and then tried to force feed it to them.

I'm sure a lot of them love Star Wars, but people like KK and RJ don't give a fuck about it.

The first teaser wasted half its time on the dumb tie fighter shot. When it needed to hit it out of the park.

It's going to heavily underperform. I haven't seen trailer buzz as low since the upcoming live action Aladdin movie.

Hehehe

Disney's fumble of Star Wars will be studied in the future.

Do you have any fucking idea how hard it is to destroy a franchise that has existed STRONG for 40 years?

Killing Star Wars like they did is beyond impressive.

This won't even beat Black Panther.

Marvel gives you what you want to see, like captain america using mjolnir.

KK gives you pic related

Everyone with any authority who allowed two people to create sequels without any regard to each other should be fired and driven out of the industry.

Attached: holdo[1].jpg (737x441, 39K)

who cares

this.

The writers of the Star Wars movies are dumb fucks. They should just let the video game writers take over.

>game that explores the history of the sith
>upcoming game about order 66
>games constantly introduce new interesting cool characters
Meanwhile the movies are stuck with Skywalker and SJW characters. And some characters to appeal to 10 year olds.

No. It has no chance. They squandered it with TLJ, so the new trilogy's pointless.
As far as I recall, I don't remember Marvel Studios, at least for the most part, ever actively attacking their fans every single day like Lucasfilm did and still does to this day.
I don't recall Kevin Feige ever not giving a shit about the franchise he's in charge of like Kathleen Kennedy does.
I don't recall Infinity War ever insulting its audience with "subversion for the sake of subversion" like TLJ did.
At least the MCU characters, to a certain extent, are likable. I can't recall any nu-Wars character from the Sequel Trilogy being likable. Kylo Ren and Poe had their chance, but TLJ blew it. No one with a functional brain wants to be Rey, Phasma, Finn, Hux, orange Yoda, Rose, Vice Admiral Gender Studies, Cuck Wendig's self insert character, wannabe Sheev, or whoever the fuck the Knights of Ren are.
The MCU also had a plan from the beginning. The Sequel Trilogy didn't, and it shows.
The teaser for Endgame had over 200 million views in its first 24 hours. The teaser for TRoS culminated a mere 15 million on Day 1, and it took weeks to reach 36 million.
Back then, it would've been unheard of to learn about capeshit surpassing Star Wars as a cultural event, but we now live in that time, and it's all thanks to SJWs for ruining a former cultural juggernaut for the sake of pushing an insane agenda over storytelling.
A Jew, a manchild hack, and an incompetent excuse for a leader with a dry vagina severely damaged Star Wars forever as long as it remains under their control. Not even Lucas, himself, went that far with the Prequels.
Meanwhile, the folks who handled the MCU at least knew exactly how to cater to their fanbase for the past decade.
This is reality. Star Wars is a shell, and capeshit won. Deal with it.

Attached: zed205.jpg (293x302, 27K)

>allowed two people to create sequels without any regard to each other
this
what were they thinking

only if SJWs don't win. If they keep on growing in power, they'll spin it as their success, a necessary stepping stone and will rewrite history like they did with pic related.

Attached: v8phaa5cxxj3icogp4ua.webm (800x450, 1.53M)

Nah Rian Johnson fucked this trilogy but good. This movie is nothing but a hype builder for Star Wars land.

Attached: 1474070576588.gif (500x500, 2.01M)

I second this.. The Rise of Skywalker will be the final nail in the Star Wars coffin.

I'll be shocked if it breaks any records.

Unless shit gets wild.. Force Ghosts getting into a lightsaber fight with the Knights of Ren.

It's got alot working against it.

No. Endgame benefited from years of anticipation and from positive buzz. Star Wars has become too polarizing, and it doesn't have the cultural cachet it used to. Marvel is basically what Star Wars used to be.

>that webm
I don't see what's wrong with it. I personally really enjoy the protagonist starting out weak and clumsy.

my little cousin burned all his starwars toys, he said they where thanos'd, so i guess its fucking dead

that's a high bar. Should have said it won't beat TLJ or solo.

?

This.

Yeah no matter how much money it's making, it's just living off the franchise's popularity in zombie numbers. But any person can see the movies have little artistic merit, Disney just killed it with bad decisions - besides Kylo.
And even Kylo might be a "So bad it's good" situation, because he's just a teenager throwing tantrums and no one sees him as a real menace.

Ah, you said it. MCU gives me what I wanna see.
When I go to a Star Wars movie I want to see a light saber duel, that much is a given. And ideally I wanted to see the Skywalkers and Han Solo and other characters kicking ass alongside force ghost Anakin maybe.
The old characters got ignored and TLJ baited me into a Kylo vs Luke Skywalker fight that was a mere illusion.
Rest of the film was talking about useless trash and characters I don't care about running around.

Seriously I'd like your post to get famous, it's so simple yet true. I didn't get anything I wanted to see in the new trilogy.

The fact that the thing people are talking about the most is JJ returning, really tells you how damaging TLJ was to the series.

This year Disney Wars has competition. This year Sony is releasing Jumaniji II right before Star Wars IX - The Force Awakens II: Return of the Jedi 2.0

Attached: Star Wars VIII - Wall Street Journal Extortion - 20171101.png (1116x1155, 1001K)

TLJ killed Star Wars.

>I don't see what's wrong with it.
prime example of what I'm talking about.

Luke wasn't that clumsy and weak, and she wasn't like that either. They're knocking luke down to prop her up and changing history, that is what is wrong with it. They didn't have to with her, she didn't need it.

It'll make less than half of what Endgame does. They really fucked up.

>The MCU also had a plan from the beginning. The Sequel Trilogy didn't, and it shows.
they clearly rushed to make them before the original actors would die/become too frail to act

This is the sort of overdramatic posturing that makes people say Yea Forums is never right. It will make 900 mil - 1.1bil. Good numbers for any regular blockbuster. The truth of the matter is though, it should have been and Endgame level movie. People should have been asking if this was going to reach 3 bil.

RJ fucked it up, but saying it will struggle to reach 300 million in fucking retarded.

>Aren't they both owned and supervised by Disney?
Disney incorporates several different studios, including Lucasfilm and Marvel Studios. Lucasfilm and Marvel do their own shit, while the bigwigs like Iger and Horn occasionally look in. Iger and Horn are reptilians, and as such know nothing about making good films. Kevin Feige knows what he's doing, so he turned Marvel Studios into the most powerful force in film. Kennedy is a retarded hole, so she destroyed Star Wars.

Adding to this, even the Prequels tried to give us what we wanted. They were filled with useless political talk and "world building" and slow dialogues or something that some people disliked.
But you can find good shit and merit in each movie and Lucas really tried to expand his story in a good way. You go in to the prequels and you get
>Darth Vader's full backstory, no copouts there
>Obi Wan as a main character being a badass
>Yoda kicking ass
>The Stormtroopers' origins
>The Emperor's rise to power
>The clone wars
>The fall of the Jedi
>You get to see other Sith in action
Etc.. the movies might get boring at points but they all deliver. That's why we still talk about them today.

I don't even know what to talk about TFA and TLJ besides stuff related to Kylo

same story with my kids, not one of them gives a flying shit about star wars. avengers either. right in the target age bracket too. get fucked disney.

funny how nobody cares about star wars after they made a movie saying essentially you shouldn't care about this and all its mythology is problematic

Every new Star Wars game is under EA, so no.

no one even cares, fine, i'm off to leak state secrets to the faeries

>my kids
sure they are

Attached: laughing jameson.jpg (1920x1080, 133K)

finders keepers

The nu-trilogy pushing an agenda is not an excuse, considering Cap Marvel also does that but it's still a good movie featuring Nick Fury, enough comedic moments and the lovable shape-shifting aliens. KK is just that bad.

>I don't even know what to talk about TFA and TLJ besides stuff related to Kylo
I think that's the biggest flaw among all the other flaws. Kylo Ren is the biggest wasted opportunity in the nu-Trilogy. TFA portrayed him initially as a Vader fanboy who wanted to prove himself as his successor while having a conflicted past, but squanders it all when he took off the mask and revealed as an emo manchild.
TLJ had the chance to fix this, but they fucked it up even further by turning him into an emotionally unstable edgelord who gets rejected by his master, unceremoniously kills off his without more needed backstory, has his origin be a character assassination of Luke Skywalker, contradicts his "Let the past die" message, and is somehow inducted into becoming the new leader of the nu-Empire, all in under single day.
So much potential, lost for no reason. Though tbf, he's a ripoff of Kybo Ren, Darth Caedus, and Darth Revan all rolled into one "donut steel" amalgamation desu.

Attached: Dragon Age Inquisition ENDING After Credit Scene SPOILERS 60 FPS YouTube.png (663x600, 569K)

>considering Cap Marvel also does that but it's still a good movie
it's not tho...

Even if Brie sucks and the movie lacks a proper challenge since she's so OP, it hits all the right notes for me.
Do you have any problem with Jackson's scenes? Or the aliens? What about the plot twist of her squad being the bad guys? We were worrying about the shape-shifting guys for so long and the true enemy was within.

Of course then she bulldozes her way through them. But it at least was an entertaining power fantasy. Can't fault it that much.

>it hits all the right notes for me.
And which notes would that be in your mind? Sour ones?

A flats

Galaxy of Adventures is actually one of the very few good things that came out of the Disney shit.

That Luke vs Vader one was Kino.

>Galaxy of Adventures is actually one of the very few good things
>feminazi version of Leia is "good"

Attached: zed85.jpg (396x382, 41K)

They should have simply retained the Star Wars expanded comic universe instead of deeming it
>Non canon
The coolest Star Wars shit from the past 2 decades came from said comics. If not outright adapting them, because the stories can get too long, they should have taken inspiration MCU style and use the ideas for a proper movie.

Ideas like starring the Skywalker's children, Palpatine being a force ghost, and the multiple OP users for The Force.

>Knocking down Luke
Dude, it’s an exaggerated cartoon that overemphasizes character traits and flaws.

Same series that “knocks down Luke” has him doing anime moves on Darth Vader and the Wampa that he never pulled off in the movie youtu.be/muUTjg0oLvQ

>Leia acts kinda bossy and the characters act slightly ooc for the sake of being more cartoony
>”SHES A ESSSHAYDOUBLEU AND A FEMINAZI”
Go back to /pol/ incel.

>I'm sure a lot of them love Star Wars
No. The majority of them hate the old guard, including Luke. They keep parading their agendas on social media while blocking anyone who disagrees with them in the slightest.
twitter.com/rebelrealcanon/status/968875996802879488/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^968875996802879488&ref_url=https://comicbook.com/starwars/2018/02/28/disney-lucasfilm-luke-skywalker-conspiracy-theory-the-last-jedi/

Attached: proof.png (772x1024, 696K)

>Dude, it’s an exaggerated cartoon that overemphasizes character traits and flaws.
like I said, there was no need to rewrite history, especially not at luke's expense. Your acceptance of it is a huge problem, no matter how little you think it is.

Eh, the EU was great at times (KOTOR/Dark Forces/Thrawn Trilogy) but most of it was fan-fic tier garbage at best.

>doooooood, it's a cartoon 4 kiiiiiiids! turn yer BRAIN off, lulz!
Typical NPC response.

So one cartoon that shows the already bumbling and clumsy Luke acting more exaggeratingly bumbling and clumsy is somehow ruining the character... even though the rest of the series shows him being a total badass?

It was, but that's why you get some good writers to read them and salvage what they can.
They had the nice setup of Luke founding a Jedi Academy, and could have tried to write up something for the rise of the First Order instead of skipping it all.

HUGE
PROBLEM

No. /thread

>shows the already bumbling and clumsy Luke
he wasn't retarded. You shouldn't be so accepting of indoctrination.

That’s not what I said dumbass, I said that it just overexaggerates his clumsy features like it overexaggerates everything else for the sake of comedy/tone.

Never said it was just for kids.

>Never gonna see the banter between Luke and Katarn as Academy buddies on the big screen
>It’s all non canon now anyway
Fuck this gay timeline

Attached: 98DB6909-ED61-4316-8EA6-59BBA346481E.jpg (225x224, 6K)

at his expense and not at hers. They didn't make her seem like a retard for the sake of comedy/tone.

but mike stoklasa said the EU was trash anyway

>wasn’t retarded
He wasn’t even acting retarded, he was acting a little clumsy. And if you go by the rest of the shorts they show him being tough and smart

You’re bitching about nothing

>He wasn’t even acting retarded, he was acting a little clumsy.
wow, that's a hard case of delusion.

Well, he said that the overexplanation shit about Vader’s suit was retarded. That part of the EU is garbage

Dark Forces is pure kino.

Go back to your Tumblr hive. I've been seeing you Disney shills everywhere on this board recently, and you're not welcome here.

>You’re bitching about nothing
Got anything to back that up, champ?

>Guy whose never shot a blaster adjusts his sights
>Gets tangled in a grappling hook
>Makes a goofy face twice
Truly they ruined this character, how can we ever recover

Attached: 1200px-Mount-Everest.jpg (1200x798, 394K)

>Acting like a 1 minute short that has Luke act a little goofy is a “huge problem” and proof that It’s SJW propaganda.

worse than I thought.

Attached: -w.png (437x465, 225K)

Attached: 0246C087-14A0-42B2-BB2A-9F6BF498FA03.png (444x113, 70K)

>proof that It’s SJW propaganda.
you have to be blind or retarded to think it isn;t

>a 1 minute short that has Luke act a little goofy is a “huge problem”
no, YOU'RE a huge problem
learn to read disneybolshevik

Episode IX is so far ahead it doesn't even think about avengers anymore

The Mouse kills Rian's film career.
>Apology accepted Rian Johnson...

>No retort to my points
>Getting this mad over a one minute short
>”heh, I mad bro”
Listen, there’s a lot of shit wrong with Disney Wars, but a little clip of Luke acting like a doofus isn’t one of them.

I like how you keep minimizing it, it's luke acting like a retard and leia acting like she's in charge. Would be fine if it weren't a complete rewrite of history.

>being a dad and still posting on Yea Forums

Holy shit I hope I don't do this when I have kids.

>history

are you retarded? A movie that happened 40 years ago is history.

>I like how you keep minimizing it
>It’s literally rewriting history
This is a top tier troll, I gotta give you that.

>The coolest Star Wars shit from the past 2 decades came from said comics
the eu was literally abortion-tier. not mouse wars-tier, sure, but it was fucking trash. if you throw a million darts you're eventually going to hit the bullseye, doesn't mean you're actually doing a good job at it.

>A movie is history.

Attached: stalin.jpg (506x684, 26K)

Yes, and I bet you fuck your GoA dakimakura every night, too.

Attached: download.jpg (251x201, 10K)

>complete rewrite of history
It’s a fucking Sci-Fi movie retard

Attached: 9C4B4E7A-C64C-4C50-A4B9-5A5D99D38669.jpg (396x1024, 109K)

Interest is there, the movies just suck

Will it beat The Last Jedi?

>I’m goal posting
>even though I’ve had the same argument the whole time .
This is getting sad

Attached: D43940BB-EEC3-43C7-B935-86BBB8CE5149.jpg (626x399, 111K)

Your post, right here in the pic, is proof that you're not a real Star Wars fan. You probably didn't even watch the OT and regularly attack Mark Hamill on twitter over that cast reunion pic.

Attached: 54y5y5yhtrhstrshrh.png (844x160, 29K)

part of cultural history. What kind of retards am I dealing with that you think I'm saying it's a documentary of history. The movie came out in 1979 or wahtever, that's part of history.

Being the ending it'll be a better movie so I think it deserves to beat it, and if word of mouth leaks out that it's good, it might win.
But another part of me desires it flops like that director deserves for ruining the franchise, even if it's good.

Since I'm torn on this, I'd say it's unpredictable. People came out of TLJ thinking it was shit so who knows if they'll come back.

I really don't understand TLJ hate. The sequel trilogy is on par with what Lucas had imagined, just changed a bit because (surprise surprise) he can't write. Luke was always meant to go into hiding after failing his padawan.

TLJ is also stylized on old Samurai and WWII movies, something these "fans" don't seem to understand.

>a contribution to art isn't real
Literal Marxist revisionism right there, comrade.

Attached: -v4.png (200x200, 91K)

>star wars is gay, dad!
>dabs, flosses

Is that like a personal attack or something?

>This is getting sad
For you, yes.

Fucking hell, I just came into this thread and Christ almighty, you are pathetic.
It's a joke.
That's it.
If you're so thin-skinned that a joke has you this triggered that you have to keep bitching about it on the internet to people who don't care, then you should just go back to tumblr. Maybe you'll find someone who gives a fuck about your salty vagina.

Matt Smith is one of them.

I can already see the 56% on Rotten Tomatoes and the headline "The Rise of Skywalker flopped, and that's a good thing"

>It was the RUSSIANS!
>It was the ALT-RIGHT!
>It was the RACISTS!
>It was WHITE MEN!
>It was MISOGYNISTS!
>It was ANGRY NERDS!
>It was TRUMP SUPPORTERS!
>It was PEOPLE WHO DON'T LIKE CHANGE!
>It was /POL/!
>It was Yea Forums!
>It was Yea Forums!
>It was REDDIT!
>It was WEEABOOS!
>It was DC FANS!
>It was PREQUEL DEFENDERS!
>It was BOOMERS!
>It was MILLENNIALS!
>It was MILK DRINKERS!
>It was DISNEY HATERS!
>It was REY HATERS!
>It was ROSE HATERS!
>It was HOLDO HATERS!
>It was the HOLIDAY SEASON!
>It was INCELS!
>It was MANBABIES!
>It was GAMERGATE!
>It was MANCHILDREN!
>"People hated Empire back then, too!"
>"Dividing the fanbase was intentional!"
>"It did something DIFFERENT!!!"
>"I love how it subverted expectations!"
>"It made me rethink my views on life!"
>"It emphasized muh diversity/inclusiveness/feminist quota!"
>"It was an 'intellectual' film!"
>"It made some people uncomfortable. GOOD!"
>"It was expected to not make much money anyway!"
>"lulz it's just a movie turn your brain off!"
>"China doesn't matter anyway!"
>"B-but muh sexist MRA cut!"
>"It makes some old white men angry online, but they're always angry anyway."
>"BETTER THAN CITIZEN KANE!"
This is the most damage controlled Star Wars movie I've seen since any of the Prequels. The Disney shills are in desperation mode, and it's hilarious what lengths they'll go to. I haven't seen this much shilling since Hillary's failed campaign.
No amount of self-reassurance will EVER "fix" this movie. It was a complete abomination, and the defenders know that deep down in their hearts.
Disney's nu-Wars was made to pander to SJWs/baizuo and it is this very pandering that will ultimately destroy the franchise at some point in the near future. Deal with it.

Attached: laughinghaman3.gif (346x261, 1.49M)

ah yes, the classic "I was just pretending to be a retard"

Based turbo visualization autist. I don’t know how you guys spot this shit but it’s impressive.

Terrible b8

I'm not a shill, just a passionate fan. There's literally nothing wrong with TLJ.

Attached: 1553155413771.png (1226x1063, 113K)

>Literal

Nigga normies dont wanna see it after TLJ

Not even that guy, but it was a joke. Stop being a crybaby

He’s not even wrong, it’s pop culture at best, nobody considers it an important factor in human history

Strategically smaller audiences make for a better viewing experience bigot
Have sex

>he got up to pee during the hamfisted girlpower scene in Endgame

>There's literally nothing wrong with TLJ.
wow

>stop liking things I don’t like
And I hate TLJ

>not recognizing year-old pasta

Attached: 1527224971072.gif (608x256, 311K)

right...somethign that happened in our past isn't history. Got it.

Aside from some minor complaints I have with it, yes. There's nothing wrong with it and it's one of the stronger Star Wars movies.

Care to list what you disliked about it?

Attached: eabe2700-8bbc-0133-3949-06e18a8a4ae5.png (1276x1094, 339K)

the franchise is already dead m8
maybe The Mandalorian will breathe some new life into Star Wars because it actually looks decent but the main films are pretty garbage

So how DO you get back to the feel of the OT? Well, as in the joke about the Irishman giving directions, “I wouldn’t start from here”. So Abrams doesn’t. He simply retcons it and hopes you won’t really notice or care, because you’re enjoying the action, the snappy dialogue and the jokes. The setup for TFA makes very little sense as a continuation of the Star Wars story, because it snaps us back to the functional analogue of the beginning of Episode IV with almost no explanation. The victory in Return of the Jedi was essentially all for nothing. Jakku seems like a worse place to live than anywhere under the Empire (with the possible exception of Alderaan; would have sucked to live there). Luke’s Jedi academy was a failure and he’s a broken man. Somehow the Empire live on with greater weaponry than they ever had before.
For the first time in Star Wars, there is no joined-up thinking. This doesn’t feel like a story written by people thinking about lore, mechanics and continuity. This feels like a story written by people who understand what Star Wars looks like on the surface but none of its internals and complexities. This is a film designed by a focus group. Lucas’s prequels felt clunky but authentic. The sequels feel snappy and vibrant but inauthentic. They don’t really fit the SW universe. And that’s a big problem.

Attached: PORTALS.png (812x608, 79K)

based zoomers

>There's literally nothing wrong with TLJ.

Attached: zed271.jpg (220x229, 4K)

>the shit I took last night is history

>entire franchise based around the autistic vision of auteur director
>buy it from him and put Jew hacks in charge
>nobody gives a fuck

This. There's a decent chance it hits $1.6 billion just because of normie fans that'll see anything.
It's as simple as Lucasfilm under Disney needed to rush out a 2015 film after buying it back in 2012-ish. The guy who was writing TFA before Abrams left the project after he was denied more time to write and Abrams was also denied more time so made a remixed ANH that looked and felt somewhat like Star Wars but ultimately had legs of clay. Them resurrecting Sidious after Snoke being killed off is pure desperation.
The prequels did a better job of showing what precognition and Force powers in combat looked like, especially in Duel of the Fates and Battle of the Heroes, but I think a lot of the Gen-X directors and showrunners have a huge aversion to anything prequel related and are in love with everything OT to the point of it being a cargo cult. Even though showing acrobatics and Force powers in combat would make sense for Kylo, they won't do it.

>. There's nothing wrong with it and it's one of the stronger Star Wars movies.
WOW

Attached: xwingrey.jpg (1077x1044, 642K)

in 10 years people will be talking about how much of an utter filmmaking disaster the new star wars movies were, they're the cinematic equivalent of a wet fart. Disney made a massive purchase and started making films with no plan whatsoever, and it'll go down in history as the most costly fuck up of all time behind the iraq war

it is, are you denying it?

>Because star wars doesn't have someone like Feige.

This. If they'd put Dave Filoni in a position analagous to Kevin Feige's at Marvel, they would be putting out galactic kino every goddamn year.

Instead they got a clusterfuck of directors with no plan other than the meddling of an insane corporate feminist, injecting her quasi-politics into everything

>blindfold

oh god they're going rahm kota on her

Spaceshit doesn't even have a chance against Capeshit

history professor right here

>it's one of the stronger Star Wars movies.
I agree. The way it killed off all hype for Episode IX, led to Solo bombing, and Disney losing over 100 million+ dollars last year on the IP was quite strong. Like, you have to actually TRY to make a 40 year old treasured franchise die that hard, and Disney found a way, which is quite powerful.

I disagree, and honestly there's nothing I could say to convince you otherwise. Watch IX and everything will make sense in the end.

>Palpatine being a force ghost

You never read the old EU, but love it? That never happened.

>behind the iraq war
haha yes stupidest war ever what were they thinking

Attached: soviet_leader_leonid_brezhnev_000_app2003010611368_b.jpg (1300x918, 1.77M)

WORKED
INTO
A
SHOOT

>only sexless losers can post here, durrr
they're in bed you fucking retard

There's nothing wrong, and my opinion is right
>nobody is allowed to argue against it

Attached: 468.gif (1215x1452, 421K)

Honestly as much as people like to shit on DC, Aquaman is the best galactic kino of this century so far. If the Star Wars movies delivered like Aquaman on the premise of a gorgeous outer world full of the unknown with impressive visuals, majestic societies and creepy monsters... It would have a chance at matching capeshit.
Aquaman is ironically the best Star Wars movie there is and it even involved some politics and backstabs like Lucas loves to do. Just take the same movie and put it in space instead of underwater and that's it. Massive creatures and galactic wars. And change the tridents the fishmen use for light saber duels.

>prominently displayed
>lower corner
>2 frames of video

>one of the stronger Star Wars movies.

Attached: zed100.jpg (622x626, 35K)

>The prequels did a better job of showing what precognition and Force powers in combat looked like, especially in Duel of the Fates and Battle of the Heroes, but I think a lot of the Gen-X directors and showrunners have a huge aversion to anything prequel related and are in love with everything OT to the point of it being a cargo cult. Even though showing acrobatics and Force powers in combat would make sense for Kylo, they won't do it.
The OT had acrobatics to a lesser extent. Luke pulled off force-jumps & backflips in ESB & RotJ just fine. This adversity to the PT makes it avoid even things the OT had. Like how ANH had that Death Star council scene with lots of politics yet virtually no politics in the new stuff.

two posters

Will be lucky to break even

Now post the Luke-centric GoA short where he is more badass than he is in the movies.

>Watch IX and everything will make sense in the end.
No it won't. The fact Kylo's helmet is being repaired is proof that they didn't plan it out from the get go.

>1979 or whatever

A real fan knows the correct year, faggot.

I would if I cared, but like I said, he's not propped up at the expense of leia. That's my problem with the revision.

>1979
Zoomer.

who said I was a real fan?

They killed star wars, which is a impressive feat.

>I'm a REAL fan of Star Wars
>y-you're the faggot, loser

>Not even that guy
>He’s not even wrong
It's you. Stop trying to hide it, faggot.

Yeah, May the 4th Be With You was as fucking dead as Chewbacca.

>Too Soon?

based zoomers

What the fuck user.
Though it's true I didn't see much SW content yesterday.

By that logic a recut of TLJ into another, better movie would be “rewriting history” and be as well right?

Cheap YouTube shorts (toy commercials) that nobody watched more than once aren't exactly a revision. The 20th anniversary Special Edition was a revision.

It was definitely the quietest May the 4th in recent years.
Strange, it's almost as if Disney ruined Star Wars to the point that most of the veteran fans no longer give a shit or something...

Attached: leface7.png (856x604, 88K)

F O R E V E R
O
R
E
V
E
R

Attached: 1555880897585.gif (743x800, 1.95M)

Attached: Kao Cen Darach and Satele Shan vs Lord Vindican and Malgus.webm (1000x562, 2.96M)

yes...? your point?

right, so the kids growing watching and rewatching these clips on youtube all day long, a little indoctrination is fine, right?

>For investors, thinking about narrative and vision may be a somewhat esoteric subject.
I want off Mr. Capital's wild ride.

What are they interested in?

So are kids watching and rewatching, or are they completely disinterested in SW? Make up your fucking mind.

a moot point because that's not something disney is pushing.

Attached: Watto.jpg (1042x1020, 250K)

Fortnite and Blacked.

where did I ever say kids are disinterested? Or are you rewriting history too?

>nose focused on detecting goyim

holy shit, I really need to change my wifi password

I played the new Battlefront for an hour and a half

it wasn't bad

then I realized the old school Battlefront 2 was on sale on Xbone so I got that instead

Based and mongrelpilled

Trying to make SW into a decent story hasn't worked ever. Star Wars was at its best when it was just some dudes playing with their models in front of a camera. The simple heroes journey story is just for context.
You only set yourself up for disappointment when you treat the series as anything more than space G.I. Joe

They need R rated star wars movies desu

A woman in the lead, one as dull and fat as her? No way.

Imagine an R-rated Star Wars film with twi'lek whores getting fucked by hutts & Gray Jedi pondering about how sexuality is connected to the force via using lightsabers to masturbate.

Attached: 1488092461733s.jpg (125x125, 2K)

It is really funny that six months after the movie where Yoda burns down the first Jedi temple to teach us a lesson about letting go of the past, they released a nostalgia bait prequel set during the OT

you kids are fucking retards

>"You say I'm not darth vader? FINE, I'M NOT HIM I'LL BE EVEN BETTER THAN HIM"
>Takes off the mask and breaks it
>"LET GO OF THE PAST"
>Becomes the laughing stock of the galaxy, some stormtroopers were snickering when Luke's ghost vanished
>"Hudson, fetch me some glue. I'll be needing it."
I'm going to laugh so hard if the scene of Kylo putting his helmet back together has some intense music as if we were supposed to fear him. Actually just play Duel of Fates over the scene it's gonna be kino

Kek

Replace Kylo Ren with pic related. What changes?

Attached: ejsuQrnhvWpGF7K_8e3gkT-MDZmUD-jWKLXG6dqoKBM.jpg (548x767, 48K)

So TLJ is a fine movie and deserves to exist, because changing it would change history

Amusingly enough, Luke was extremely well written in Battlefront, of all things
youtu.be/Ncpcbu5bSPE

Can we replace the scripts too?

disney ruins another character

Sure

Then it becomes a competent story with characters that I might actually care about

Because the new movies go out of their way to shit on everything that made the series loved in the first place will offering nothing but progressive messaging and flat characters.

I care.

What happens to Kylo in the end?

Joker trailer = SOUL
Rise of Basedwalker = SOULLESS

Kill yourself faggot