Rank these

Rank these.

Nymphomaniac > Melancholia > The House that Jack Built > Antichrist

Attached: image.jpg (600x600, 113K)

House that Jack Built -> AntiChrist -> ->-> ->-> -> Nymphomaniac
Haven't seen Melancholia .

Nympho part 1 > Jack > Melancholia > Nympho part 2 > Antichrist

What did the ending to AntiChrist mean?

You should definitely check out Melancholia. General consensus is that's his best work.

von trier's movies really went to shit after Dogville

unironically, "FUCK WHITE MEN." Lars Von Trier is a secret SJW.

no hope

Attached: lars.png (1150x602, 583K)

What's your favorites? I need to start watching his pre-Antichrist stuff. Love his work.

Is he? I feel like his movies reveal the worst in everyone.

The Idiots

Breaking the waves and Dancer in the dark are his two most acclaimed earlier movies

Anti-Christ, Melancholia, House, Nymphomaniac

>Another basic idea came from a documentary von Trier saw about the original forests of Europe. In the documentary the forests were portrayed as a place of great pain and suffering as the different species tried to kill and eat each other. Von Trier was fascinated by the contrast between this and the view of nature as a romantic and peaceful place. Von Trier said: "At the same time that we hang it on our walls over the fireplace or whatever, it represents pure Hell."

>Antichrist was originally scheduled for production in 2005, but its executive producer Peter Aalbæk Jensen accidentally revealed the film's planned revelation: that earth was created by Satan and not by God. Von Trier was furious and decided to delay the shoot so he could rewrite the script.[21]

Dancer in the Dark is amazing.

THTJB > Nymphomaniac > Melancholia > AntiChrist

If you disagree you're a plebeian and probably American as well

Attached: 1150886302.png (480x480, 376K)

For me? it's Dogville, followed by The Idiots if you can handle the style. everything he's done post Antichrist is fine, although I didn't really like Manderlay.

>In 1989, von Trier's mother told him on her deathbed that the man von Trier thought was his biological father was not, and that he was the result of a liaison she had with her former employer, Fritz Michael Hartmann (1909–2000)

Attached: image.jpg (586x707, 168K)

nymphomaniac is probably his worst film desu.

Haven't seen Melancholia or Nymphomaniac, and I kind of like Antichrist and THTJB equally for different reasons, so I guess my opinion is useless.

I like it. Makes me feel empty, especially the ending.

I bet you hate women

His best is Dancer in the Dark, but Melancholia comes close

It had some good ideas, I liked the ending, and there were some good scenes, but generally, it kind of sucked balls. The whole interrupting the film to have conversations about art and the like was done infinitely better in THTJB (which is also his best film). It's still a better film than most of the garbage that is pumped out these days anyways.

I'll have to check that out next

Antichrist > Melancholia > > > Nymphomania > > > > House That Jack Built

if I hated women I wouldn't be watching any Von Trier movies :^)

everything that worked about Nymphomaniac was thrown into Jack with great results, I'm glad Lars tightened things up but it was still a bit eye rolling in some places.
>which is also his best film
It was fantastic, and much better compared to his last couple of movies, but I can't put it on the same league as movies like Dogville, Breaking the Waves, and The Idiots

*maniac

How did you guys interpret the ending to Nympho? I thought it was amost as if the two narrators had sort of traded some pieces of each other after the 5 hour back and forth (which made the wait all the more worthile and sensical imo).
Charlotte's character had decided to abstain from sex after their discussion, and had at least begun to have faith in people again but the asexual could not control the awoken desires funneled into him by her explicit storytelling.

1. Melancholia
2. First half of HtJB
3. Antichrist
4. Second half of HtJB

Never seen Nympho is it worth it?

Edgy 0/10

Nympho is a trip man. I really like it but most people find it too excessive. It felt very unique and ultimately depressing. But that's why I watch his movies.

I would agree with you about the idea of narrators trading places. I think Lars' other motivations were fucking with people by pulling the rug out from under their feet at the last moment but mainly I think it was another case of him expressing his profound misanthropy, a common theme in his work, showing up in almost all of his films.

Thanks user. I like the depressing nature of his movies too.

that's juvenile cockpocky

og course nature is wild as all fuck - that's literally how it works.

take your variety shit somewhere else

its what life looks like if you get out of the house some